NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

Played last night against the Blackhawks. I'm a day behind now because of work and there's no way I'll manage to stay up past 10. I was planning on watching it on Gamecentre. I think they won 3-2.

Welcome to the thread btw! Guessing ur a canucks fan? Ull find most people of here are glory hunters supporting the likes of penguins and Montreal. However there's a few of us that support a range of others which helps keep the banter good

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ended up passing out last night due to an earlier intake of vino...good win tho'

Not sure who to watch tonight but Philly @ Carolina might be a good idea as it starts at 10.

Lol if ur ever up in Edinburgh then I think we'll need to hit the town together lol.

Oo that's a shout. Nothing like a early game. I've already booked friday 29th of Nov off :D

JamboInSouthsea

Lol if ur ever up in Edinburgh then I think we'll need to hit the town together lol.

Oo that's a shout. Nothing like a early game. I've already booked friday 29th of Nov off :D

Yeah plus the cider and ale...depends on the day of the week...be up xmas time...don't you work for a whisky co...he says suggestingly????

Kurt, hopefully you'll be watching Habs @ Canucks next Saturday...mate's a Vancouver fan so he'll be round for the all-night party...assuming I haven't passed out.

Yes I do. Work for the scotch malt whisky society which is all cask strength whiskies (about 60%, my bar has about 150 diff ones) we r owned by glenmorangie and lvmh respectively so can get that and chamoagne, Hennessey, belveder vodka etc cheap too ;)

Welcome to the thread btw! Guessing ur a canucks fan? Ull find most people of here are glory hunters supporting the likes of penguins and Montreal. However there's a few of us that support a range of others which helps keep the banter good

Yeah plus the cider and ale...depends on the day of the week...be up xmas time...don't you work for a whisky co...he says suggestingly????

Kurt, hopefully you'll be watching Habs @ Canucks next Saturday...mate's a Vancouver fan so he'll be round for the all-night party...assuming I haven't passed out.

Haha yes I am a Vancouver fan, for my sins. Glad to have stumbled across this thread though, can't say there's many Hockey fans in Hereford!

I'll do my best to stay up for the match against the Habs although I stayed up for the opener against the Sharks... And I even had the stupidity to think we might win after we went ahead 1-0. How wrong I was.

:facepalm:

:muggy:

We've not won a cup in 20 years!!!

Canucks game blacked out till tomorrow. That's a right kick in the stones

Some of us pay a small fee every month (3 quid) to get around that if ur interested

Some of us pay a small fee every month (3 quid) to get around that if ur interested

:verysmug:

"You can shove your ******* black out up yer arse!"

Just read up on this... And I'm hoping rather than expecting that it will work with Xbox? But I get a bad feeling I may be out of luck :lol:

JamboInSouthsea

Oh plus its my job to know what each of the whiskies taste like so I can recommend them... ;)

Yes I do. Work for the scotch malt whisky society which is all cask strength whiskies (about 60%, my bar has about 150 diff ones) we r owned by glenmorangie and lvmh respectively so can get that and chamoagne, Hennessey, belveder vodka etc cheap too ;)

Ah, a handy person to know i'll wager.

Ah, a handy person to know i'll wager.

It's almost a curse in the sense that I bevie whisky at work to try or when doing tastings. Come across some that I really like (our stuff is single cask, so one of a couple of hundred usually so sometimes sells out in like a few days) so I just need to buy it before its gone (at discount of course) but it means I've got a growing number of whiskies at home as I don't drink it much at home lol. Usually means when I hit parties I end up taking whisky and good shit at that lol.

But yeah, there's no limit on what I can buy so if anyone is interested..

It's almost a curse in the sense that I bevie whisky at work to try or when doing tastings. Come across some that I really like (our stuff is single cask, so one of a couple of hundred usually so sometimes sells out in like a few days) so I just need to buy it before its gone (at discount of course) but it means I've got a growing number of whiskies at home as I don't drink it much at home lol. Usually means when I hit parties I end up taking whisky and good shit at that lol.

But yeah, there's no limit on what I can buy so if anyone is interested..

Question for you...

How do you not end up waking up fully clothed in a heap after a night on the whisky?

winchester 73

Laviolette gets his jotters.

Berube in.

No surprise there. Needed a good start to season after last years failure to reach play offs.

Time for a change.

Edited by winchester 73

No surprise there. Needed a good start to season after last years failure to reach play offs.

Time for a change.

Interesting that he's the current assistant coach though.

:vrface:

As for the Philly Fifers, their problems run deeper than the coach.

Interesting that he's the current assistant coach though.

Agreed. They've let in 9 already since face off, not sure how promoting their assistant will solve their defending issues.

Edited by Kurt

alwaysthereinspirit

I have to admit to being a glory hunter. I actually didn't start following MY team till my wife got me a signed Raymond Jean Bourque shirt a few years back. :tiny:

I have to admit to being a glory hunter. I actually didn't start following MY team till my wife got me a signed Raymond Jean Bourque shirt a few years back. :tiny:

He was a glory hunter too.

ray_bourque.jpg

Question for you...

How do you not end up waking up fully clothed in a heap after a night on the whisky?

Please quote where I said I didn't ;)

Ask the Brauhaus lot ...Few Fridays ago I had a night on the whisky passing out at 6am, met them at about 10am on the spirits, refused from Celtic game, woke up on sofa at about 5, headed back to brau at about 6, dont remember leaving there at close ... did Spartans Race on Sunday morning :yas:

alwaysthereinspirit

He was a glory hunter too.

ray_bourque.jpg

Classy move by the Bruins here but honestly if Hearts ever did something along the same lines for say Robbo I would have been pi$$ed.

Dont even remember who they got for him. Boston even had a parade for him when he brought the trophy back to show it off. He was and still is a legend around these parts.

Jimmy McNulty

Ray Bourque, hockey legend. Got his cup, finally. And not one Bruins fan would begrudge him.

And a couple of years later so did Dave Andreychuk, who'd played 20-odd years without getting his name on the trophy.

Not sure who the longest serving player without their name on this cup is. Alfredsson must be in with a shout though....

In UK hockey news.

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/derek-campbell-ban-p187665

Now former Hull Stingrays forward Derek Campbell has been handed a 47 match ban for various offenses including fighting a Dundee Stars player outside the Stars dressing room.

:arry:

You can kind of see the incident in this link.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=639410099412962&set=vb.168491253194447&type=2&theater

In UK hockey news.

http://www.eliteleag...ell-ban-p187665

Now former Hull Stingrays forward Derek Campbell has been handed a 47 match ban for various offenses including fighting a Dundee Stars player outside the Stars dressing room.

:arry:

You can kind of see the incident in this link.

https://www.facebook...&type=2

:cornette:

I remember Paul Hand getting a lengthy ban for an incident at Durham but it was nowhere near 47 games!!

Couldn't sleep so I'm watching the Leafs Avs. Decent game so far - the Avs are quite exciting to watch.

Nice to see Ashton wearing a full visor after his altercation with Mr Tinordi :jj:

Couldn't sleep so I'm watching the Leafs Avs. Decent game so far - the Avs are quite exciting to watch.

Nice to see Ashton wearing a full visor after his altercation with Mr Tinordi :jj:

I'm also tuning into this game, it's been decent so far. Don't mind the Avs, although it's probably down to their home colours :D

Don't worry Gershwin, the Flames are shite. I fully expect the Habs to come back and win this. They chucked it against the Canucks the other night, yet again.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic