• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slapped a fiver on the Habs to win from 3-0 down at 15.5/1...

Gamecentre is obviously slow, as the Habs have already scored, dropping it to 7/1.

:seething:

Yet still optimistic.

Slapped a fiver on the Habs to win from 3-0 down at 15.5/1...

Gamecentre is obviously slow, as the Habs have already scored, dropping it to 7/1.

:seething:

Yet still optimistic.

Maybe in OT but I can't see this team scoring 3 in the 3rd tonight.

JamboInSouthsea

Ha, overslept for start of game...Habs 2-1 up in Edmonton :)

Canucks 2-0 down in SJ

Edited by JamboInSouthsea

Decent win after the shan performance in Calgary. Good to see Budaj continuing last season's form. No surprise to see ZERO points from DD or DB.

Just about to watch the highlights...

Decent win after the shan performance in Calgary. Good to see Budaj continuing last season's form. No surprise to see ZERO points from DD or DB.

Just about to watch the highlights...

I lied...assist for 48 on the ENG.

Not a fan of MT splitting up the Eller-Gallagher-Galchenyuk line though.

JamboInSouthsea

Let's hope we can do the Habs tonight.

:pleasing:

I beg to differ...

Watching Oilers @ Queefs as a warm up..

JamboInSouthsea

Good stuff from Les Habs tonight, totally dominated 3rd period although Canucks were pish poor.

:pleasing:

Caps robbed of two wins this weekend due to incompetent officiating. Absolutely furious. Cardiff got three goals from shitey reffing - two, seconds after blatant penalties were not called and a third when a Cardiff player ploughs into Hiadlo in nets, smothers him and the Devils player pops it in! And tonight, Cingel goes to the box after a Braehead Shan player takes a dive (which everyone in the rink saw apart from the dozey ******* with the armbands), they go up and score the GWG from the subsequent PP. :seething:

And while we are on the subject of officials, its not going to be long before someone gets seriously injured because of their incompetence. Example last night, had a Cardiff player change direction, and stick his knee out to knee Horna, right in front of the ref. Nothing called. :facepalm:

The Caps played brilliantly in both games and more performances like that, should see us pick up points. Really liking our new agitator Les Reaney. Winds up the oppo beautifully.

Caps robbed of two wins this weekend due to incompetent officiating. Absolutely furious. Cardiff got three goals from shitey reffing - two, seconds after blatant penalties were not called and a third when a Cardiff player ploughs into Hiadlo in nets, smothers him and the Devils player pops it in! And tonight, Cingel goes to the box after a Braehead Shan player takes a dive (which everyone in the rink saw apart from the dozey ******* with the armbands), they go up and score the GWG from the subsequent PP. :seething:

And while we are on the subject of officials, its not going to be long before someone gets seriously injured because of their incompetence. Example last night, had a Cardiff player change direction, and stick his knee out to knee Horna, right in front of the ref. Nothing called. :facepalm:

The Caps played brilliantly in both games and more performances like that, should see us pick up points. Really liking our new agitator Les Reaney. Winds up the oppo beautifully.

Les Reaney's hit in the third on Zajac (i think) was...

:glorious:

Les Reaney's hit in the third on Zajac (i think) was...

:glorious:

yas!.gif

Beautiful check. Simply wonderful. That Zajac was acting like a bawbag all night.

Bergin's cross check on Reaney afterwards was hilarious as well. :rofl:

Reaney looks like the guy that we've been calling out for, for ages.

Cant believe the ref needed the lino to call the check though. :vrface:

What did you think of the performance Manny? There are some horrendous opinions being posted on the Caps forum right now.

Edited by Chester?

yas!.gif

Beautiful check. Simply wonderful. That Zajac was acting like a bawbag all night.

Bergin's cross check on Reaney afterwards was hilarious as well. :rofl:

Reaney looks like the guy that we've been calling out for, for ages.

Cant believe the ref needed the lino to call the check though. :vrface:

What did you think of the performance Manny? There are some horrendous opinions being posted on the Caps forum right now.

I saw the slavering that I think you are referring too, and I am really not sure what game they were watching.

The performance was a good one, and one that should probably have been good enough for at least 1 if not 2 points.

The defence seems to have solidified after the shakey start, and since the return of Dobron, the rest of the guys have seemed more settled. I feel Lucka especially has settled down more in the past week or two, and I have also been particularly impressed with Willie Nicholson, tonight especially I thought he was excellent.

Going forward things are starting to click more and week after week were continuing to improve. The chances are coming and I felt tonight if we maybe had more favourable bounces at times (like Braehead got), or perhaps been more clinical with our chances (Jade Portwood seems to have a hole in his stick) then we would have picked up the win tonight.

Overall, despite the bad start I believe the team can turns things around very quickly. We have a good D core, which is getting better all the time and solid goaltending. We also have offense, that still has a lot more to show imo. Reaney still isn't up to full speed, Horna is up and down with injury and Hartmann hasn't quite found his stride this season. All 3 could be very big players for us, and I think when we settle into our system, and the lines settle down, we can be a formidable side to come up against like we were at the end of last season.

I saw the slavering that I think you are referring too, and I am really not sure what game they were watching.

The performance was a good one, and one that should probably have been good enough for at least 1 if not 2 points.

The defence seems to have solidified after the shakey start, and since the return of Dobron, the rest of the guys have seemed more settled. I feel Lucka especially has settled down more in the past week or two, and I have also been particularly impressed with Willie Nicholson, tonight especially I thought he was excellent.

Going forward things are starting to click more and week after week were continuing to improve. The chances are coming and I felt tonight if we maybe had more favourable bounces at times (like Braehead got), or perhaps been more clinical with our chances (Jade Portwood seems to have a hole in his stick) then we would have picked up the win tonight.

Overall, despite the bad start I believe the team can turns things around very quickly. We have a good D core, which is getting better all the time and solid goaltending. We also have offense, that still has a lot more to show imo. Reaney still isn't up to full speed, Horna is up and down with injury and Hartmann hasn't quite found his stride this season. All 3 could be very big players for us, and I think when we settle into our system, and the lines settle down, we can be a formidable side to come up against like we were at the end of last season.

Agree with this. We've been unlucky the last couple of weeks and a couple of favourable bounces and better ref decisions, we'd be talking about more than a couple of wins the last two or so weeks.

Dobron has certainly helped calm the defence down (though probably had his worst game in a Caps jersey tonight) and I agree with Willie Nic. Always been a fan.

Richard has been injured and took a dull one last night as well. Horna has been playing with a broken finger. Perhaps a bit harsh on Jade though. He's not really there to score goals (and I think he's been a tad unlucky). His excellence is getting to the boards and doing all the dirty work, which he does tremendously well. Reaney, when fully match fit, I can see getting better and better. He's been pretty decent so far and was worth his MOM's both last night and tonight.

A lot of positives to take over the weekend IMO.

Agree with this. We've been unlucky the last couple of weeks and a couple of favourable bounces and better ref decisions, we'd be talking about more than a couple of wins the last two or so weeks.

Dobron has certainly helped calm the defence down (though probably had his worst game in a Caps jersey tonight) and I agree with Willie Nic. Always been a fan.

Richard has been injured and took a dull one last night as well. Horna has been playing with a broken finger. Perhaps a bit harsh on Jade though. He's not really there to score goals (and I think he's been a tad unlucky). His excellence is getting to the boards and doing all the dirty work, which he does tremendously well. Reaney, when fully match fit, I can see getting better and better. He's been pretty decent so far and was worth his MOM's both last night and tonight.

A lot of positives to take over the weekend IMO.

I absolutely agree with you regards Jade Portwood, he does a phenomenal amount of work for the team. My comment on him wasn't meant as criticism of his performance, it was more just bemoaning a couple of times when he went close.

On the Caps, I've been to two games now. Cardiff last Sunday and Braehead today. I enjoyed the games. I know the Capitals haven't done well this season but I still found the games enjoyable. Good thing tonight was certainly that they were only one behind in the final period so had a better chance of coming back.

I'm still learning the rules so I can't comment at all on any controversy about the goals. I know the basics but I need to read up a bit on the more complex rules/watch it on TV more.

Gone along with a different person for each game and both of them enjoyed it despite never having really watched hockey before. I'm probably going to be more restricted to Saturday games as the main guy I'll go with lives down in Galashiels and Sunday evening isn't ideal for Monday at work the next day. The next game I go to will be Hull on the 26th. Looking forward to it.

Also, good to hear Scott Wilson as the announcer.

Edited by Stanley_

I absolutely agree with you regards Jade Portwood, he does a phenomenal amount of work for the team. My comment on him wasn't meant as criticism of his performance, it was more just bemoaning a couple of times when he went close.

I dont think I've ever seen a player work so hard for his team at MIR. His work ethic is exceptional.

I'm still learning the rules so I can't comment at all on any controversy about the goals.

The ref was a d***. :thumbsup::lol:

I'm probably going to be more restricted to Saturday games. The next game I go to will be Hull on the 26th. Looking forward to it.

Good to see your enjoying it. Unfortunately we dont play too many Saturday games. Mainly due to poor attendances.:(

I was wondering why most of the home games seemed to be on a Sunday. Do they give the Saturday home games to the teams with higher attendances generally?

I was wondering why most of the home games seemed to be on a Sunday. Do they give the Saturday home games to the teams with higher attendances generally?

Not really. Each team has their 'traditional' home night. Ours is a Sunday. Fife is a Saturday. There is no question our attendances suffer when we play on a Saturday. Its likely football related but its rare to get a big crowd on that night. I think there might be a half price promotion (when ordering online) for that game on the 26th.

I'll not be there as I'll be in London supporting the 49ers.:)

Ah, pity. Only two more Saturday games in 2013 I think. Might be able to make other games but not sure yet.

Yeah, got given a flyer at the Cardiff game with a code for a half-price discount for the Hull game. I think Hull are one of the weaker teams so might actually get to see a win.

Ducks wearing throwback jerseys tonight:

yas!.gif

Was just going to post this!!!

Had the jersey with #19 Semenov on the back :facepalm:

Got proper ripped for that.

Edited by Gershwin

Ah, pity. Only two more Saturday games in 2013 I think. Might be able to make other games but not sure yet.

Yeah, got given a flyer at the Cardiff game with a code for a half-price discount for the Hull game. I think Hull are one of the weaker teams so might actually get to see a win.

How come you're a Leafs fan by the way? Bearing in mind they're pish.

How come you're a Leafs fan by the way? Bearing in mind they're pish.

I'll keep going to the Capitals games regardless of them winning or not. Would be good if they could improve obviously as I'd rather see wins but I'm definitely not a glory-hunter type of fan. Happy to go along to any of their games at the moment to see some hockey as I'm enjoying watching it.

Only started watching hockey this year and the Leafs were the natural choice as some of my family are from there. I prefer to back teams based on that kind of reason than them being successful. By total coincidence, just as I was getting into hockey (having gone to the NY Rangers v Bruins playoffs game in May) I ended up staying with friends in Chicago for a while in the summer and watching their playoffs games. Followed the Hawks in the playoffs from that point onwards and they obviously ended up winning it. Having already seen the Hawks win the Stanley Cup as soon as I started watching them, I'd rather see the Leafs do well this season but hoping for both to make the playoffs at least.

Basically my teams would be: Leafs/Hawks, Raptors/Bulls, Jays/Cubs. Got to see the last two play in the summer (the Jays game went on for 18 innings). Still not got any interest in American Football but maybe if I saw a game over there it would change my opinion. I'm pretty much a beginner to all the sports other than basketball. Used to go the Edinburgh Rocks games and looking forward to seeing the new Edinburgh franchise play next year.

I'll keep going to the Capitals games regardless of them winning or not. Would be good if they could improve obviously as I'd rather see wins but I'm definitely not a glory-hunter type of fan. Happy to go along to any of their games at the moment to see some hockey as I'm enjoying watching it.

Only started watching hockey this year and the Leafs were the natural choice as some of my family are from there. I prefer to back teams based on that kind of reason than them being successful. By total coincidence, just as I was getting into hockey (having gone to the NY Rangers v Bruins playoffs game in May) I ended up staying with friends in Chicago for a while in the summer and watching their playoffs games. Followed the Hawks in the playoffs from that point onwards and they obviously ended up winning it. Having already seen the Hawks win the Stanley Cup as soon as I started watching them, I'd rather see the Leafs do well this season but hoping for both to make the playoffs at least.

Basically my teams would be: Leafs/Hawks, Raptors/Bulls, Jays/Cubs. Got to see the last two play in the summer (the Jays game went on for 18 innings). Still not got any interest in American Football but maybe if I saw a game over there it would change my opinion. I'm pretty much a beginner to all the sports other than basketball. Used to go the Edinburgh Rocks games and looking forward to seeing the new Edinburgh franchise play next year.

Good stuff. I was only being a br= I think I remember you saying all this before actually.

I see the Sabres have continued their good start.

Edited by Gershwin

JamboInSouthsea

Nice early face off for the Canucks tonight :pleasing:

Yep might watch 1st period of that before Habs game starts.

This new structure I guess benefits those who support western teams as they don't have to stay up way late every night to watch...on the downside I will have more later than normal nights.

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic