NHL playoffs

Jimmy McNulty

JamboInSouthsea

Excellent win, thought we were gonna get pumped again last night...had an impromptu piss up so missed the game :(

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gershwin

• Chester™

• JamboInSouthsea

• alwaysthereinspirit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm hearing virgin media has made a deal over nhl with premier sports. Not that it matters to us I guess lol. Although I have the XL package so may save me unblock thing money each month

I'm hearing virgin media has made a deal over nhl with premier sports. Not that it matters to us I guess lol. Although I have the XL package so may save me unblock thing money each month

So a deal with Premier Sports to show Premier Sports or a deal with Premier Sports to show the NHL? :unsure:

So a deal with Premier Sports to show Premier Sports or a deal with Premier Sports to show the NHL? :unsure:

Dunno. Lol the guy told me nhl but he's a major nhl fan (fav sport) so could be whole channel but that don't make sense considering there subscribtion costs

Is Premier Sports coverage actually any good?

Going by others and early viewings, its pish. Very much like the old NASN - only game coverage and no period break chat.

JamboInSouthsea

That'll be a no on Premier then..

Some good games on tonight, will be watching Sharks @ Habs but should think ther will be some banter around the Pingus @ Queefs game.

Edited by JamboInSouthsea

Vanek traded to the Islanders for Matt Moulson.

There is a pretty good summary of the deal here http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/10/28/vanek-for-moulson-did-garth-snow-get-fleeced-or-were-his-hands-tied-by-ownership/ .

I don't really see the point in making the trade for the Isles, we get a guy with a bigger contract (same length though), who produce roughly the same, but give up 2 draft picks for the pleasure of getting Vanek.

This is before you even bother to look at the teams real problems which need addressed.

There is a pretty good summary of the deal here http://blogs.thescor...d-by-ownership/ .

I don't really see the point in making the trade for the Isles, we get a guy with a bigger contract (same length though), who produce roughly the same, but give up 2 draft picks for the pleasure of getting Vanek.

This is before you even bother to look at the teams real problems which need addressed.

Yep, they got shafted.

Loving this week of early hockey.

No as good as Wacey Rabbit. He's got the greatest name in hockey.

We've had this chat before! Still think Hilton Ruggles tops the list.

How was the grid iron? Shite, aye? ::troll:::'>

We've had this chat before! Still think Hilton Ruggles tops the list.

How was the grid iron? Shite, aye? br=

Hilton Ruggles is one of the greatest names in the history of the planet, not just hockey. Damn fine player too (even if he had a mean streak in him!).

Footbawl was excellent, as expected. Watching my team pump the Jags, was highly enjoyable.:verysmug:

Hilton Ruggles is one of the greatest names in the history of the planet, not just hockey. Damn fine player too (even if he had a mean streak in him!).

Footbawl was excellent, as expected. Watching my team pump the Jags, was highly enjoyable. :verysmug:

The current Mrs Gershwin is a Raiders fan from California so I might be getting dragged along next year :facepalm:

Pretty even game in NYC - it's a bit like watching the shan Habs team from 2 years ago. I wish David Desharnais would just **** off.

Pretty even game in NYC - it's a bit like watching the shan Habs team from 2 years ago. I wish David Desharnais would just **** off.

Ive got that on my telly on Premier Sports, while I watch the Pens on GCL. Utter drivel in Carolina as they usually tend to be.

Ive got that on my telly on Premier Sports, while I watch the Pens on GCL. Utter drivel in Carolina as they usually tend to be.

Budaj looking decent again tonight.

JamboInSouthsea

Gutted missed last nights game but my planned early kip lasted a bit too long...possibly due to the afternoon sesh I managed to fit in, will try to stay awake for tonights effort.

Gutted missed last nights game but my planned early kip lasted a bit too long...possibly due to the afternoon sesh I managed to fit in, will try to stay awake for tonights effort.

:lol:

To be honest it was hardly a classic. Budaj was immense though, particularly in the third.

JamboInSouthsea

Yeah Budaj looked pretty decent last game I saw him.

Wasn't really my fault I got pished but had a meeting cancelled so obviously had to go to the boozer...didn't bother eating anything either.

Yeah Budaj looked pretty decent last game I saw him.

Wasn't really my fault I got pished but had a meeting cancelled so obviously had to go to the boozer...didn't bother eating anything either.

Surely there was some leftover curry lying around.

JamboInSouthsea

Surely there was some leftover curry lying around.

Had a Chinese after the booze (found the box this morning) which despite being noddles I strangely ate with a dessert spoon...clearly was too much effort to find a fork :lol:

In UK Hockey News, Premier Sports have agreed a TV deal with the Elite League and they will show one game per week:

http://www.premiersports.tv/ice-hockey/elite-league-ice-hockey/elite-league-about-the-coverage.html

In more news, the coverage will be fronted by the excellent Aaron Murphy rather than the ###### that is Dave Simms. :pleasing:

• Maple Leaf unpinned this topic
  • Maple Leaf pinned this topic