Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

England arguably have the best squad in the competition, but Gareth wouldn't do anything with them. 

Mark my words. 

We’ll see, Bongo.  👍

35 minutes ago, theshed said:

Souness talking lots of sense 

Big time.

You can't play counter attack by floating balls up the park.

By the time Dykes has had his 3 touches, the whole Croatia team is already behind him...

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

This is our current list of possible strikers, would be great if Fraser Hornby could live up to the hype

45FA822A-05C2-4E08-82EE-15821967DD26.png

It would be good if someone can get into Burke’s head and get him playing, has everything physically to be a top player. 

Charles Ward
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

This is our current list of possible strikers, would be great if Fraser Hornby could live up to the hype

45FA822A-05C2-4E08-82EE-15821967DD26.png

Wasn't he honking on loan at Aberdeen last year?

He will be at Motherwell or lower in 2 years.

1 minute ago, stirlo said:

I feel the criticism of Dykes is very harsh. He's clearly got limitations but over the three games he never stopped running, he won a lot in the air and he hit the target with most of his chances. He was definitely one of our better players. It was the midfield that was posted missing for much of tonight's game and the game against the Czech Republic.

Dykes does plenty of things on the pitch. Problem with him is if he rounded the keeper and was looking like strolling it into an empty net i'd put my savings on a 0-0. 

No confidence in him in front of goal at all.

Just now, Morgan said:

We’ll see, Bongo.  👍

They have a very good team/squad. 

But as far as winning anything with him nope, and I'll tell you what i won't post on here again if they win it, there you are. 

Charles Ward
2 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I feel the criticism of Dykes is very harsh. He's clearly got limitations but over the three games he never stopped running, he won a lot in the air and he hit the target with most of his chances. He was definitely one of our better players. It was the midfield that was posted missing for much of tonight's game and the game against the Czech Republic.

200.gif

heatonjambo
45 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It doesn't matter who is the manager until we start producing better talent especially attacking/creative talent we are always going to be the same.We might qualify for some more tournaments but ultimately when we get there it will be the same.

Untill we stop sucking up to the old firm and what they want and develope National football we will be crap

not ment at a pop at u but that to me, while miserable a pissed is the central issue

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This guy gets it, Steve Clarke out. 

Don't talk pish, in a short period of time, Steve Clarke has improved us more than anyone else. 

He's still got a lot to learn and so do the players, but if anyone deserves a 5 year plan, it's him. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

But as far as winning anything with him nope, and I'll tell you what i won't post on here again if they win it, there you are. 

You’re.teasing me now, Ringo.  😎

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Don't talk pish, in a short period of time, Steve Clarke has improved us more than anyone else. 

He's still got a lot to learn and so do the players, but if anyone deserves a 5 year plan, it's him. 

I asked you a question, Spacey.

Charles Ward

No he doesn't. He needs to quit.

He's like Levein.   A dinosaur.

We haven't won a game since last October under him.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, stirlo said:

You’re right but he’s not quite at the level we need but there’s not a hell of a lot else. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would be good if someone can get into Burke’s head and get him playing, has everything physically to be a top player. 

He looked like the new Bale when he broke through.

Not sure he knows, or any of his coaches for that matter, what type of player he is now.

Charles Ward
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

We’ll see, Bongo.  👍

England have one of the best squads in the tournament.

They just don't have one of the best teams.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Even our so called big time English Premier League players were made to look very average tonight. Very disappointed by Robertson and Armstrong who was particularly bad, I would even say he passed the ball better to a Croatia player than Modric. 

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What a load of Tom Tit.

Charles Ward
Just now, spacerjoe said:

Not sure he knows, or any of his coaches for that matter, what type of player he is now.

What, a chimp?

😉

heatonjambo
42 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Adams is not international class from his last 3 games. At least not a forward.

Agreed

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

10 million for McBurnie. I sincerely hope that's old-school Turkish lira, and not a proper currency.

If Hearts got him on a free contract I'd be gutted. Awful footballer.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tend to agree with that. England often produce a raft of decent players but struggle to get a solid team.

I blame the media pressure. They hype up the chances of success then revel in the failure. Must be a nightmare for the players and manager. It is like a recurring Argentina 78 at every tournament.

2 minutes ago, Charles Ward said:

No he doesn't. He needs to quit.

He's like Levein.   A dinosaur.

We haven't won a game since last October under him.

Bet he can't believe his luck that he is still there?

#Useless

33 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Oh well back to cheering on whoever plays against England

:spoton: 

Overrated, Hyped up, Wunderfuds. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re right but he’s not quite at the level we need but there’s not a hell of a lot else. 

Agreed. I just felt that in terms of his (limited) ability Dykes didn't let us down, whereas there were other so-called better players who really didn't do very much at this tournament. The harsh reality is Scotland have not had a top class forward since Kenny Dalglish. Even Mo Johnston and McCoist were not world class but they were both considerably better than what we have available nowadays.

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

:spoton: 

Overrated, Hyped up, Wunderfuds. 

Who got through the group?

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What a load of Tom Tit.

So you don't like Cricket and you won't be backing England?

heatonjambo
30 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

This is my two cents.

Cooper captains Premiership Leeds......why are Hanley and sub McKenna ahead of this guy?

Paterson just won the title with Rangers...OK not played a lot but played in Europe with them and is young, fast and direct....why is a slow Motherwell defender ahead of him?

Fraser is a regular for Newcastle....and the better option than Armstrong. 

McTominay plays in Midfield for Man Utd....why is he a CB with Scotland?

Player selection is still one of our main problems IMHO. We always have journeymen and never seem to be confident to take risks.

Proud but disappointed........uniquely Scottish eh.

So much sense in this post

No bottled it big time. 

His starting lineup was honking. 

We never played anything like Friday whatsoever, we gave modric the freedom of hampden tonight, you ask the lad how easy that was, then ask Philips, and Rice how hard it was when they played against us. 

As for that Diddy from motherwell just retire son, and Hanley oofft I've seen milk turn quicker. 

Gordon is Scotlands number one end off, if Mcgregor is retired there is only one man that should even be thought as Scotland number 1,and it ain't Marshall, Marshall shouldn't of been 2nd choice it should be between Jon mclaughlin and Zander Clark even though he is a Hibs bassa!!!. 

132goals1958
Just now, Silverwolf said:

I guess time will give us the answer. Can’t help feeling England have the best squad in the group although, as usual, they struggle to blend into a team. Croatia, with a population smaller than Scotland, have a real team mentality. I just don’t think they are the team they were and if you cancel Modric out, they have little else to offer creatively.

Croatia passed us of the park tonight.Technical ability it was night and day. The equaliser before half time gave me misplaced hope that a blood and snotters approach might somehow win the battle.So disappointing that whilst not quite a capitulation we found it difficult to lay a glove on them. I honestly don’t know where we go from here. Gilmour Tierney Robertson McGinn McTominay  are all good players but that is less than half a team. The rest are basically making up the numbers. I remember us losing a World Cup play off to Czechoslovakia in the early 60s when we had a really good side.Maybe reminiscing about the good old days is clouding my judgement but I fear we are stuck in the wilderness. Just don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel 

So you don't like Cricket and you won't be backing England?

I hate cricket.

I won’t be backing England.

You're a slaver.

Are we ok on this, Pirate boy?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Yeah he’s neither a winger or a striker, so quick though and that team needs a bit of pace. 

5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Even our so called big time English Premier League players were made to look very average tonight. Very disappointed by Robertson and Armstrong who was particularly bad, I would even say he passed the ball better to a Croatia player than Modric. 

Armstrong was definitely the worst player tonight for passing the ball straight to the opposition. He may be a premiership player but he looked well out his depth tonight.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No bottled it big time. 

His starting lineup was honking. 

We never played anything like Friday whatsoever, we gave modric the freedom of hampden tonight, you ask the lad how easy that was, then ask Philips, and Rice how hard it was when they played against us. 

As for that Diddy from motherwell just retire son, and Hanley oofft I've seen milk turn quicker. 

Gordon is Scotlands number one end off, if Mcgregor is retired there is only one man that should even be thought as Scotland number 1,and it ain't Marshall, Marshall shouldn't of been 2nd choice it should be between Jon mclaughlin and Zander Clark even though he is a Hibs bassa!!!. 

Zander Clark's a hun? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Correct. Lets go back to Levein or McLeish. 

He’s just the same though, we need a more progressive coach. Lumping the ball into the corner from kick offs ffs 🙈

Charles Ward
1 minute ago, spacerjoe said:

Wrong

The Faroe Islands doesn't count.

Edit.

Or Luxembourg.

Edited by Charles Ward

1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Croatia passed us of the park tonight.Technical ability it was night and day. The equaliser before half time gave me misplaced hope that a blood and snotters approach might somehow win the battle.So disappointing that whilst not quite a capitulation we found it difficult to lay a glove on them. I honestly don’t know where we go from here. Gilmour Tierney Robertson McGinn McTominay  are all good players but that is less than half a team. The rest are basically making up the numbers. I remember us losing a World Cup play off to Czechoslovakia in the early 60s when we had a really good side.Maybe reminiscing about the good old days is clouding my judgement but I fear we are stuck in the wilderness. Just don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel 

Keep the faith. Statistically we will eventually fluke a decent side, even if it means naturalising anyone with a pen pal in Scotland.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He’s just the same though, we need a more progressive coach. Lumping the ball into the corner from kick offs ffs 🙈

Our strengths sadly are defensive minded players bar McGninn.   I can't see a better alternative out there to Clarke.    It's not as if we had a Bale or Ramsay in the final third.  We have Championship standard Randoms who aren't Scottish. 

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I hate cricket.

I won’t be backing England.

You're a slaver.

Are we ok on this, Pirate boy?

We would be, if you weren't a liar haha

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Zander Clark's a hun? 

Always remember him being a Hibs fan, hence why we gave him it big time when zeefuik scored against him in the championship. 

But if he is a rangers fan okay, he should be in the team ahead of Marshall. 

I hope that was Marshall's last international game. Utter shite. Gordon will take back the jersey next season either way.

England to get hammered by ze Germans in the next round. Failing that, I'd accept them being cheated in the final.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Agreed. I just felt that in terms of his (limited) ability Dykes didn't let us down, whereas there were other so-called better players who really didn't do very much at this tournament. The harsh reality is Scotland have not had a top class forward since Kenny Dalglish. Even Mo Johnston and McCoist were not world class but they were both considerably better than what we have available nowadays.

Definitely, you know what you’re getting with Dykes. 
Not had many world class players this century unfortunately. 

"I remember us losing a World Cup play off to Czechoslovakia in the early 60s when we had a really good side." 

When Denis Law hit the crossbar in extra time with the score 2-2?  Czechoslovakia went on to make the final in Chile, losing to Brazil.