• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

:(

Thank christ we got a draw at Wembley because it's been an massive disappointment overall.

Against the worst England team and manager

in living memory?

Looking at it honestly, we're better than we were a few years ago but we're still one of the weakest few teams in the tournament.

How many in this tournament would you be confident of Scotland beating in must win games?

Not that many.

I thought we'd lose all 3 without scoring. 

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Truth is that we've improved but from an extremely low base.

We lack real technical quality in midfield and up front to make our mark against these teams.

Easy to say now but I don't see it with McGinn and Dykes. Technically they aren't at it.

Exactly just look at the squad and the talent pool we have.We really have done well to even be here.

Gordon Ramsay

We're still a very poor side. 

They barely got out of first gear and we couldn't get the ball off them. They'll probably get put out next round as well. 

Least we scored a goal I suppose but overall, not great. 

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've never bern a cheerleader for Modric but I can see now why most people have.

Absolutely outstanding.  Treat to watch.  For us, I think McTominay has a big future.  Plus the left backs.

Someone should've put him in hospital. Not one crunching tackle all night. 

A bit of ‘robust’ tackling would not have gone amiss to break up their passing game.

If a Graham Souness or Billy Bremner had been playing for Scotland tonight Modic would have known he was in a game!

Clarke did so well to get us there but he's the manager equivalent of O'Donnell, Dykes, McKenna etc (not meant as a dig as their all solid hard working pros). Grateful to them for getting us there but ultimately not good enough at this level. We can't choose which players are Scottish but we can choose our manager. I don't think we're achieving the sum of our parts. We do have a decent handful of players.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We’ve beaten than them already.  The team is improving? We’ve just lost to a team with still utter class in it.  In years to come we will improve. 

We’ll all be deid.

Just now, ri Alban said:

My point entirely! 

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Sticking with Armstrong was shit should have given someone else a chance

Armstrong was embarrassing.

Painfully slow compared with Gilmour.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Exactly just look at the squad and the talent pool we have.We really have done well to even be here.

Makes you wonder how Wales can produce a squad to do as well as they've done in the last two Euros. Yet we can't from a population twice their size and a supposedly professional football league set up. 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why do Scotland fans accept this shite. 

A bunch of fecking mugs and shitebags. 

Fecking boo or something. Ffs. 

Agreed. Blind loyalty is part of the problem. 

Edited by Francis Albert

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

We’ve beaten than them already.  The team is improving? We’ve just lost to a team with still utter class in it.  In years to come we will improve. 

We have but tonight was awful it was play it long to Dykes sit deep and defend. We left Modric unmarked , we didnt change things early enough. O’Donnell was awful again. We should have done far better with the ball tonight and should have tried to play football and link better. McGinn missed two sitters , thought Tierney was poor tonight too , Fraser for Armstrong should have happened weeks ago it was an obvious sub. Clarke has to take the blame for his defensive tactics we didnt play to our strengths and reverted to an old style that clearly wasnt working

5 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Wow what funny guy you sound seriously out your depth feel free to continue 

👍🏻 Out my depth 🤣

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've never bern a cheerleader for Modric but I can see now why most people have.

Absolutely outstanding.  Treat to watch.  For us, I think McTominay has a big future.  Plus the left backs.

Even now with him getting older he’s still an absolutely fantastic player. Glides round the pitch finding space and angles that no one else can see. Class act, for me criminally underrated over the years.

Malinga the Swinga

We qualified after getting better of Albania, Israel and Serbia.

Wow, we are improving fast right enough.

Clarke played exactly to type, dour and defensive, slow to make subs and reluctant to alter tactics.

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

👍

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Armstrong should never have been picked for Scotland after costing us a win against England a couple of years again!

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Think Marshall and O'Donnell were in there as well 😳

Croatia concentrated on their left side the whole game for a reason.

They ****ing hibsed it. All we needed was a win at home. Gutted doesn't cover it. I live in England thanks to work and I'm going to have to take my Scotland flag off the door under cover of darkness now to save embarrassment now.  What's even worse is there's England, Sweden, Germany and Welsh flags on the Cul de sac.

At least Gilmour, Patterson and Turnbull are coming through. Adams is a good find and hopefully we don't end up with Ollie Mcburnie coming back. 

We need to stop celebrating draws. We need some new thinking from top to bottom of our game. We still act like it's the 90s with an unprofessional attitude and players getting pished.

Just to get things into perspective, this Croatia team are going nowhere in this tournament. They are nowhere near good enough. That statement alone demonstrates the prowess of the Scotland team. 

Additionally, with the way the competition was set up, it was more difficult NOT to qualify for the knockout stages. You have to be really dire as only 6 teams are knocked out at the group stages.

Finally, we played two games with home advantage.

nuff said.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Croatia concentrated on their left side the whole game for a reason.

Funny they could see it but Clarke can't

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Makes you wonder how Wales can produce a squad to do as well as they've done in the last two Euros. Yet we can't from a population twice their size and a supposedly professional football league set up. 

We're not twice their size. When Bale is done Wales will be for a good while. 

Souness talking lots of sense 

Basically saying what we could all

see and having a wee dig at Clark and his brand of football  

The problem is the lack of international class players we have  , most of our players are just good club players and it’s been like this for years now. We often sit and moan about who plays but let’s be honest we have not got a lot to choose from that would do much better, the question we should be asking is why we don’t produce the greats we used to do ! That’s a debate in itself.

McKenna is the worst player I've seen play for Scotland.  O'Donnell was dreadful.  Armstrong is overrated.  Absolutely all over the place at the back.  Croatia took full advantage of Scotland being a level below what's required to play in a finals.  They looked good but only against an dreadful side tonight.

colinmaroon

Positive is that there are some really good young players coming through and Clarke will be gone if he sticks to his loyalty mantra.  Patterson looked miles better than O'Donnell.

Far too late making subs.

1 minute ago, world3 said:

Even now with him getting older he’s still an absolutely fantastic player. Glides round the pitch finding space and angles that no one else can see. Class act, for me criminally underrated over the years.

Sadly our players stood back and allowed him all the space in the world! What happened to a couple of tackles to let him know he is in a game ffs? 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Funny they could see it but Clarke can't

Think Souness highlighted it too

skinnybob72
1 minute ago, Silverwolf said:

Just to get things into perspective, this Croatia team are going nowhere in this tournament. They are nowhere near good enough. That statement alone demonstrates the prowess of the Scotland team. 

Additionally, with the way the competition was set up, it was more difficult NOT to qualify for the knockout stages. You have to be really dire as only 6 teams are knocked out at the group stages.

Finally, we played two games with home advantage.

nuff said.

This. Even with the odds stacked massively in our favour we still never even sniffed it. 

22 minutes ago, kila said:

7 mins left and we finally get some more changes :laugh:

What a waste of time. Don't understand Clarke the last 45 mins, been entirely his undoing.

Changes should have happened first half. It was evident after about ten minutes that Armstrong was not at the races, and he delivered one of the worst performances I’ve seen in years from a Scotland player. Quite how he survived until around the 65th minute, only Clarke will know. 

Dirty Deeds
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Teams have been trying to do that to him fir 15 years without getting near him.

On the back of this tournament I’d like to see a few young players brought in for the World Cup qualifiers, Turnbull, Hickey, Patterson and Gilmore for starters. Hopefully Souttar can stay fit this season and add a bit of quality to that defence 

Time to phase out O’Donnell, Marshall, Armstrong and Dykes

My main worry is that there isn’t a striker worth his salt waiting to break through 

1 minute ago, Australis said:

Switched it off before I heard Clarke's excuses.

We are absolute murder.

#Outclassed.

Stopped listening to him after he defended Marshall for Czechs second goal 

Folk are disappointed and I get that but I don't think we could have gone from a solid 5-3-2 to a 4-3-3 for example and, go toe to toe with technically better sides within the matter of a few months. 

Maybe now with some of the young lads coming through we can start to move to a more adventurous and possession based game and I think that has to happen. 

We've got something to build on. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
Just now, leginten said:

Changes should have happened first half. It was evident after about ten minutes that Armstrong was not at the races, and he delivered one of the worst performances I’ve seen in years from a Scotland player. Quite how he survived until around the 65th minute, only Clarke will know. 

The formation wasn't working. That was evident from 10 minutes in. We needed more in midfield. Instead Clarke's subs changed like-for-like. Incomprehensible.

2 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Teams have been trying to do that to him fir 15 years without getting near him.

Well I'm sure McTominey had the chance and wimped out. I'd have volleyed him when he went down on his knees at full time. Have that ya prick. Worth the 12 match ban. 

Edited by ri Alban

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We needed to go 4 4 2.

Aye, Croatia found too much space on the flanks and stretched us too easily.