• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

This is my two cents.

Cooper captains Premiership Leeds......why are Hanley and sub McKenna ahead of this guy?

Paterson just won the title with Rangers...OK not played a lot but played in Europe with them and is young, fast and direct....why is a slow Motherwell defender ahead of him?

Fraser is a regular for Newcastle....and the better option than Armstrong. 

McTominay plays in Midfield for Man Utd....why is he a CB with Scotland?

Player selection is still one of our main problems IMHO. We always have journeymen and never seem to be confident to take risks.

Proud but disappointed........uniquely Scottish eh.

League one Liam. 

Bit of a cult hero now but I guarantee any Leeds player will be diluted anywhere else but in that Leeds team and I include Phillips 

Just now, whodanny said:

I'm with you on that ri, but this is no' the time or place.

Not a solidarity crunching tackle. Totally pissesd me off. 

One team who's last tournament was the ****ing world cup final, against a team who's last tournament was some fabricated nonsense Kirin cup.....the outcome isn't rocket science.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Exactly!

Brighton Jambo
21 minutes ago, Sertse said:

They ****ing hibsed it. All we needed was a win at home. Gutted doesn't cover it. I live in England thanks to work and I'm going to have to take my Scotland flag off the door under cover of darkness now to save embarrassment now.  What's even worse is there's England, Sweden, Germany and Welsh flags on the Cul de sac.

On the plus side for you England will also be out this time next week.  They look bang average (and I’m English!) 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Lol. I was shouting last 5 mins to snap someone just to makeme feel a bit better…sad really 😩

23 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Makes you wonder how Wales can produce a squad to do as well as they've done in the last two Euros. Yet we can't from a population twice their size and a supposedly professional football league set up. 

Bale and Ramsay 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Croatia always get stronger. Bet they get close to the final. 

Don’t think they will get that far. First team of at

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

This is my two cents.

Cooper captains Premiership Leeds......why are Hanley and sub McKenna ahead of this guy?

Paterson just won the title with Rangers...OK not played a lot but played in Europe with them and is young, fast and direct....why is a slow Motherwell defender ahead of him?

Player selection is still one of our main problems IMHO. We always have journeymen and never seem to be confident to take risks.

O donnel and Armstrong getting picked for these 2 games outside England, goes down as basically the reason we’ve gone out imo. And bringing McKenna on. Who knows what that was about, would’ve had Hendry or Cooper over that clogger, knew we were out the minute he got on.

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I'm with you on that ri, but this is no' the time or place.

We showed zero commitment tonight, Danny.

ri is right on this one.

Pasquale for King

Strange to put that donkey McKenna on beside a LB and a midfielder instead of Cooper or Hendry. 
Far too many long balls to Dykes also. 

We've been let down by some of our so called better players. McTominay and McGinn have had very poor tournaments. Robertson and Tierney also playing at the highest level but posted missing tonight.

Misdirected anger from some i feel. Dykes isn't good enough but there isn't much better. O'Donnell just doesn't have the quality.

Really looking forward to seeing Patterson and Gilmour going forward. I just don't know if the manager has the balls to show faith in them.

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Don’t think they will get that far. First team of at

Wouldn't bet against them. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:spoton:

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Lol. I was shouting last 5 mins to snap someone just to makeme feel a bit better…sad really 😩

So was I but I was hoping it would be Nisbet that got snapped 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Bale and Ramsay 

Nailed it, add them to the scotland team and we would qualify for the later stages 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Is Souness not for taking the Scotland job. 

He'd still have the same pish players to choose from, we've got nobody of any real world class.

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

And. They'll get destroyed in the next round. 

They tend to start slowly and improve. They're at Wembley next round. Shit but much better than us unfortunately. We caught them on an off day. Their likely opponents next are Germany and I don't see then winning that. They'll be papped out 1 or 2 zip.

Has Patrick Bamford got a Scottish granny by any chance?

There’s not a single young Scottish striker that we can look to at all

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

We showed zero commitment tonight, Danny.

ri is right on this one.

I totally agree Morgan, but I don't think the referendum of 2014 is the reason we're pish.

SwindonJambo
Just now, 151 said:

Unsure why we gave so much space and time on the ball but hey ho.

We gave the ball away a lot too.

Charles Ward
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

He'd still have the same pish players to choose from, we've got nobody of any real world class.

I doubt he would pick Dykes.

He would also have hooked him and shoved another midfielder on when he seen we were struggling.

7 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

No we didn't, we played the best team this evening, IMO.

I guess time will give us the answer. Can’t help feeling England have the best squad in the group although, as usual, they struggle to blend into a team. Croatia, with a population smaller than Scotland, have a real team mentality. I just don’t think they are the team they were and if you cancel Modric out, they have little else to offer creatively.

Okay let’s be honest. Tonight we came up against a better team who found form, like you do in a tournament. We made tactical mistakes throughout the tournament and I’m not 100% convinced Clarke is modern enough to take us much further. His tactics in 2 of the 3 games were poor. Played England properly but should have been more positive against the Czechs and tonight we played long ball against a proper football team who ate it up all night.

We need a footballing midfield. We need a striker. We need a world class leader at centre back and sorry Steve Clarke, but we need a more positive coach. If you can pick one single thing out that cost us, it was over-caution 

Just now, whodanny said:

I totally agree Morgan, but I don't think the referendum of 2014 is the reason we're pish.

My mistake, D.  👍

Stupidly, I never caught on that ri was bringing politics into a football match.

Charles Ward
1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I've not read many comments on here but I'm proud as **** of the effort every player put in tonight. We might not have won but we gave it everything and tried our best. That's what i want to see our national team (and Hearts) doing game after game. 

2jqe7rzekj241.jpg

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I've not read many comments on here but I'm proud as **** of the effort every player put in tonight. We might not have won but we gave it everything and tried our best. That's what i want to see our national team (and Hearts) doing game after game. 

Well said, even playing that game tonight is as good as it's ever been for us. 

13 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

No we didn't, we played the best team this evening, IMO.

Ok, your opinion.

Mine is that England have the best squad in the group.

Are we good on opinions, yeah?

Just now, Morgan said:

My mistake, D.  👍

Stupidly, I never caught on that ri was bringing politics into a football match.

😄 'Mon Morg, this is kickback ! Anyway...

'MON THE HEEEAAARRRTTTSSS !!!!!

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Okay let’s be honest. Tonight we came up against a better team who found form, like you do in a tournament. We made tactical mistakes throughout the tournament and I’m not 100% convinced Clarke is modern enough to take us much further. His tactics in 2 of the 3 games were poor. Played England properly but should have been more positive against the Czechs and tonight we played long ball against a proper football team who ate it up all night.

We need a footballing midfield. We need a striker. We need a world class leader at centre back and sorry Steve Clarke, but we need a more positive coach. If you can pick one single thing out that cost us, it was over-caution 

Tonight, Dykes was awful. Mcginn was awful. Mctominay was awful.. even Tierney and Robertson weren’t great. BUT we have a wee group there we could build on and make a team out of. Just need be honest about where we are weak and where we are strong and fix the weak. Might take a few years yet.

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Morgan loving England is no surprise to me. 

Why is that?

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

😄 'Mon Morg, this is kickback ! Anyway...

'MON THE HEEEAAARRRTTTSSS !!!!!

:yas: 

4 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Really? 

Fair enough mate but you would get a lot of enjoyment from Cricket or something.

For me I prefer a much higher tempo, harder challenges, and getting much tighter to players instead of giving up acres of space.

Modric is unbelievably good but if you gave Titus Bramble that much space he'd have looked like Beckenbauer.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Morgan said:

Why is that?

It's just the sort of fellow you are. You probably watch the cricket as well. 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Ok, your opinion.

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one..:fing25:

17 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

This is my two cents.

This guy gets it, Steve Clarke out. 

Just now, jonesy said:

Thank feck we can get back to proper football. International footie is only good for the chef-tastic bursds found by the cameraman and England fans crying. I want to cheer on a team in maroon and white and hate everyone else again.

That's put a smile on my face jonesy, thanks.

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Every single one of our strikers is a 'false nine'. And not in a good way.

This is our current list of possible strikers, would be great if Fraser Hornby could live up to the hype

45FA822A-05C2-4E08-82EE-15821967DD26.png

I feel the criticism of Dykes is very harsh. He's clearly got limitations but over the three games he never stopped running, he won a lot in the air and he hit the target with most of his chances. He was definitely one of our better players. It was the midfield that was posted missing for much of tonight's game and the game against the Czech Republic.

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ok, your opinion.

England arguably have the best squad in the competition, but Gareth won't do anything with them. 

Mark my words. 

Edited by Bongo 1874