The Union Bears Pyro Show

dannymack

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Your right, Levein should have gone after the cup final. 

Stendal deseved longer.

Robbie foitbal is eye bleeding

Anything  i missed😀

Aye, Tosh thought Hibs winning the SC was a “decent outcome”. That one springs up frequently, and so it ****ing should.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

Defending Sevco on JKB should be one step down from an instant ban. One warning - second offence, you’re gone. We just don’t need that rubbish on here.

Same would apply to Celtic, if that ever happened.

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

To be fair it's the same whenever Celtic fans act like lowlifes.......NOT.

Less whataboutery when were discussing Celtic idiots so shorter thread?

Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Less whataboutery when were discussing Celtic idiots so shorter thread?

Aye, that'll be it.🙄

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Defending Sevco on JKB should be one step down from an instant ban. One warning - second offence, you’re gone. We just don’t need that rubbish on here.

Same would apply to Celtic, if that ever happened.

I don't think admin need told how to do their job when it comes to what should constitute a ban. 

19 hours ago, Homme said:

Do folk really care about this? Honestly what does it matter if Rangers players sing some songs?

Not a good stance to take 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

I don't think admin need told how to do their job when it comes to what should constitute a ban. 

They'll be open to suggestions in the name of continuous improvement tho. 

The thing is had sevco been allowed say 20000 socially distanced fans inside castle greyskull then the disruption would have been less severe. 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They'll be open to suggestions in the name of continuous improvement tho. 

I'll take your word for it (for the first time ever).

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why would I want to say that? I enjoy beating them at football, that's all and many of their fans are good guys, same as Celtic and Hibs. Sorry for not getting all 'uber Hearts fan' like you.

Why would you want to say **** the rangers and all who sail in her indeed

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

The thing is had sevco been allowed say 20000 socially distanced fans inside castle greyskull then the disruption would have been less severe. 

Bit truth here. 

Hopefully lessons learned and they allow maybec4/5k saints fans in to celebrate the cup double. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

27 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Is Ibrox a 90k stadium?

Possibly, but seriously, that would be pandering to them again.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Is Ibrox a 90k stadium?

I know it's a shitheap with an infestation of vermin but it's probably worth 3 or 4 times that I reckon.

20 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Is Ibrox a 90k stadium?

True but the disorder might have be averted.

7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

True but the disorder might have be averted.

Until after the game

Just now, kila said:

Until after the game

Then again... maybe You're right 😂

7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

It means I have zero respect for him because he seems to pick and choose when to open his gub. 

I hope that's ok with you. 

Why bitch about it on here ? Why don't you write to him if you feel that strongly - but  you don't as it's  just some more deflection / whataboutery.  Pathetic stuff. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why bitch about it on here ? Why don't you write to him if you feel that strongly - but  you don't as it's  just some more deflection / whataboutery.  Pathetic stuff. 

Do you write to everybody who annoys you? What a pathetic post.😂

4 hours ago, kila said:

Until after the game

This ^^

The first George Square "Sash Bash" was discussed for months by Rangers fans. A Blue nose pal told me in January how it would "definitely be happening" if they won despite there being no indication of the pandemic ending. 

The first one gave them the encouragement to do it again. 

Ron Burgundy
13 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

😆

It's a message board for bitching and moaning and everything else pal. Stop being a thrupenny bit.

They wanted 4 10k parties to be held in Ibrox.

What a bunch of self entitled arseholes.

Edited by DETTY29

Forever Hearts

They should've said it was a Palestinian protest and permission would have been granted no problem.  

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They should've said it was a Palestinian protest and permission would have been granted no problem.  

:seething:

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Isn't it about time you were accusing others of being obsessed?

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Isn't it about time you were accusing others of being obsessed?

Here's Brian Wilson's take on it. In case you don't know (and I'd bet a pound to a penny you don’t) he's a Celtic director and lifelong Celtic supporter. 

IT may be unfashionable to point out but football can create really joyous occasions. Take last Saturday’s FA Cup Final at Wembley with 21,500 people in the stadium, an intimation that normality is again conceivable.

There was an emotional quality to the singing of Abide With Me, dedicated to victims of the pandemic. “When other helpers fail and comforts flee; Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me”. Old words with special meaning as people came together after so long, in this way.

Then there was the game itself, turning on two acts of beauty – the goal from Youri Tielemans which won it and the save from Kasper Schmeichel that thwarted Chelsea. So Leicester, one of our cities hardest hit by the pandemic, had its morale lifted to the heavens.

The occasion was possible through a balanced approach to risk. Putting 21,500 people into Wembley’s open air must carry a scintilla of risk. But keeping them out and playing this special game behind closed doors would surely have done far more harm than good.

In Scotland, such thinking is taboo. Even before the latest Glasgow shutdown, there were to be just 600 supporters inside Hampden for the Scottish Cup Final. Now the vast terraces will be empty. To what good effect or elimination of risk, I wonder?

Last Friday I was in Glasgow Airport, a place of eerie silence these days but suddenly raucous sound announced the arrival of a flight from Belfast which disgorged a platoon of Rangers tops, clearly here for a party. I should make clear the colour of tops is irrelevant to the thrust of my argument.

If anyone had doubts, this confirmed that the following day’s celebrations were going to be a big event attracting supporters from far and near. Given that entry to Ibrox stadium was precluded, the logic pointed to a big event somewhere else – ie the streets, bridges and squares of Glasgow. Who had decided that this was a good – or at least, less bad – idea?

It seemed basic common sense – which would have applied equally regardless of which club had something to celebrate – that the thousands congregating in Glasgow should be allowed to do so in their preferred environment, their own stadium. The choice was not between whether or not people would congregate; only where.

I have still to hear any rational explanation of why it was thought preferable for this to happen in the aforementioned streets, bridges and squares where, as soon transpired, absolutely no rules would apply, than within the confines of a stadium where they all wanted to be and within which some degree of regulation would have been possible.

Then, while I was waiting for my flight, a friend in the hospitality industry phoned in despair to tell me about the latest disaster – the decision not to move Glasgow down to level 2. At this point, the contrast between what everyone knew was going to happen the following day and the latest extension of Glasgow’s lockdown moved from being merely irrational to grotesque.

I have never quite understood why it is forbidden to have a glass of wine with a meal within permitted hours. However, the idea this would continue to be banned in Glasgow on public health grounds while the same politicians and experts had put exclusion from a football stadium before all the blatantly obvious risks inherent in the alternative now appeared incomprehensible and irresponsible.

Yet who does one turn to for an explanation? Who can the beleaguered hospitality industry ask for the right of appeal, based on reason? In what respect is the public health advice in England different to that in Scotland? There are so many questions and after more than a year of this, so few detailed, satisfactory answers.

The decision makers hide behind the mantra that anyone who challenges their edicts is less interested than themselves in public health or protecting the community. That has never been true and should have been called out long before now. The longer this goes on, the more urgent the need for scrutiny.

Keeping Glasgow closed is a blunt instrument which fails to recognise vast differences within its boundaries. Concentrating on postcode areas seems more sensible than relying on boundaries which were drawn in the 1990s for entirely different reasons – primarily to keep more prosperous areas out of Glasgow.

The idea that people are not going to travel from Glasgow for a meal in Bearsden or Kilmacolm does not accord with reality. So the major impact of this blanket ban within the confines of the city is not to limit the spread of the virus but to put another nail in the coffins of good, responsible businesses that are struggling to survive.

If the politicians believe their own rhetoric, why did they not act last Friday to limit the public health damage from the Rangers party? Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf could have made a recording of his pious strictures to be released around 6pm. and then taken the rest of Saturday off. What did he expect in George Square? Community singing of Abide with Me?

Ditto the First Minister who should surely have seen the need for containment within her own constituency? The lesson is that while it is easy to ban things it is within your authority to ban, a greater talent is required for seeing a bigger picture – and that is what they made a complete mess of last weekend.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Here's Brian Wilson's take on it. In case you don't know (and I'd bet a pound to a penny you don’t) he's a Celtic director and lifelong Celtic supporter. 

IT may be unfashionable to point out but football can create really joyous occasions. Take last Saturday’s FA Cup Final at Wembley with 21,500 people in the stadium, an intimation that normality is again conceivable.

There was an emotional quality to the singing of Abide With Me, dedicated to victims of the pandemic. “When other helpers fail and comforts flee; Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me”. Old words with special meaning as people came together after so long, in this way.

Then there was the game itself, turning on two acts of beauty – the goal from Youri Tielemans which won it and the save from Kasper Schmeichel that thwarted Chelsea. So Leicester, one of our cities hardest hit by the pandemic, had its morale lifted to the heavens.

The occasion was possible through a balanced approach to risk. Putting 21,500 people into Wembley’s open air must carry a scintilla of risk. But keeping them out and playing this special game behind closed doors would surely have done far more harm than good.

In Scotland, such thinking is taboo. Even before the latest Glasgow shutdown, there were to be just 600 supporters inside Hampden for the Scottish Cup Final. Now the vast terraces will be empty. To what good effect or elimination of risk, I wonder?

Last Friday I was in Glasgow Airport, a place of eerie silence these days but suddenly raucous sound announced the arrival of a flight from Belfast which disgorged a platoon of Rangers tops, clearly here for a party. I should make clear the colour of tops is irrelevant to the thrust of my argument.

If anyone had doubts, this confirmed that the following day’s celebrations were going to be a big event attracting supporters from far and near. Given that entry to Ibrox stadium was precluded, the logic pointed to a big event somewhere else – ie the streets, bridges and squares of Glasgow. Who had decided that this was a good – or at least, less bad – idea?

It seemed basic common sense – which would have applied equally regardless of which club had something to celebrate – that the thousands congregating in Glasgow should be allowed to do so in their preferred environment, their own stadium. The choice was not between whether or not people would congregate; only where.

I have still to hear any rational explanation of why it was thought preferable for this to happen in the aforementioned streets, bridges and squares where, as soon transpired, absolutely no rules would apply, than within the confines of a stadium where they all wanted to be and within which some degree of regulation would have been possible.

Then, while I was waiting for my flight, a friend in the hospitality industry phoned in despair to tell me about the latest disaster – the decision not to move Glasgow down to level 2. At this point, the contrast between what everyone knew was going to happen the following day and the latest extension of Glasgow’s lockdown moved from being merely irrational to grotesque.

I have never quite understood why it is forbidden to have a glass of wine with a meal within permitted hours. However, the idea this would continue to be banned in Glasgow on public health grounds while the same politicians and experts had put exclusion from a football stadium before all the blatantly obvious risks inherent in the alternative now appeared incomprehensible and irresponsible.

Yet who does one turn to for an explanation? Who can the beleaguered hospitality industry ask for the right of appeal, based on reason? In what respect is the public health advice in England different to that in Scotland? There are so many questions and after more than a year of this, so few detailed, satisfactory answers.

The decision makers hide behind the mantra that anyone who challenges their edicts is less interested than themselves in public health or protecting the community. That has never been true and should have been called out long before now. The longer this goes on, the more urgent the need for scrutiny.

Keeping Glasgow closed is a blunt instrument which fails to recognise vast differences within its boundaries. Concentrating on postcode areas seems more sensible than relying on boundaries which were drawn in the 1990s for entirely different reasons – primarily to keep more prosperous areas out of Glasgow.

The idea that people are not going to travel from Glasgow for a meal in Bearsden or Kilmacolm does not accord with reality. So the major impact of this blanket ban within the confines of the city is not to limit the spread of the virus but to put another nail in the coffins of good, responsible businesses that are struggling to survive.

If the politicians believe their own rhetoric, why did they not act last Friday to limit the public health damage from the Rangers party? Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf could have made a recording of his pious strictures to be released around 6pm. and then taken the rest of Saturday off. What did he expect in George Square? Community singing of Abide with Me?

Ditto the First Minister who should surely have seen the need for containment within her own constituency? The lesson is that while it is easy to ban things it is within your authority to ban, a greater talent is required for seeing a bigger picture – and that is what they made a complete mess of last weekend.

Good that a Beach Boy has an interest in Scottish Football. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

:laugh2: stop it, this is serious, people are disrespecting the hun!

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

0/10 for originality. 👎

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

0/10 for originality. 👎

Brian’s songs are the height of originality imo. 

jambomjm74
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It’s exactly right.

What ever flag or just reasoning... none of these public gatherings should have taken place and were all illegal. COVID kills and destroys business and life’s. 

Morons signing their wee tunes, hitting each other and breaking bottles is vile... but not likely to end in Death. The gatherings in Glasgow across the weekend are, regardless of your political views. 
The police have to have not only legal authority but the moral authority which requires the unbiased support of our leaders, that’s not happened. 
Reading through this thread and the joy of some, at a Union Jack being seen as bad ... whilst ignoring the real point is a sad reflection of the “neverendum” “civil war” that now exists. 
Excuse me sectarianism, this religious stuffs a bit out of date ohh don’t worry  Nationalisms already here to help replace the old fashioned hate with a new one ... superb. 

Malinga the Swinga

Maybe Police Chief wants to have a word with his bosses at govt. 

They ignored the one on Friday as it served their purpose, but all that did was green light and egg on Saturday and Sundays disgraces. 

Given you can add fireboming of Llawells house overnight, Glasgow truly is the cess pit of Scotland. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

They ignored the one on Friday as it served their purpose, but all that did was green light and egg on Saturday and Sundays disgraces. 

Given you can add fireboming of Llawells house overnight, Glasgow truly is the cess pit of Scotland. 

Peter Lawwell lives in Lanarkshire.  

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

:laugh2: stop it, this is serious, people are disrespecting the hun!

🤣

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Brilliant 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

He gets around

🤣🤣 well played 

1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

It’s exactly right.

What ever flag or just reasoning... none of these public gatherings should have taken place and were all illegal. COVID kills and destroys business and life’s. 

Morons signing their wee tunes, hitting each other and breaking bottles is vile... but not likely to end in Death. The gatherings in Glasgow across the weekend are, regardless of your political views. 
The police have to have not only legal authority but the moral authority which requires the unbiased support of our leaders, that’s not happened. 
Reading through this thread and the joy of some, at a Union Jack being seen as bad ... whilst ignoring the real point is a sad reflection of the “neverendum” “civil war” that now exists. 
Excuse me sectarianism, this religious stuffs a bit out of date ohh don’t worry  Nationalisms already here to help replace the old fashioned hate with a new one ... superb. 

What is the real point?

2 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

He gets around

Criminally underrated comment.

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What happened to Scottish football being given the yellow card?  The Scottish government have had a year to get on top of these things and haven't taken any action.   

jambomjm74
23 minutes ago, sadj said:

What is the real point?

Covid rules ignored, which could well spread more covid and cost life’s and slow exit from restrictions. 
All gatherings were wrong, only some have been portrayed as wrong... 
Peoples political bias sees sides taken and a great joy from some at Rangers fans behaving badly, it used to be a football rivalry. I have no love for Rangers or any other of our rivals. 

I think you’d gather that from my original post. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

:rofl:

Riccarton3

Think The Rangers football club nose has been put out of joint by the Scottish govt.  That's right, a football club

10,000 dead and they want 4 x 10k in their ground. For a trophy 

Independence
7 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Covid rules ignored, which could well spread more covid and cost life’s and slow exit from restrictions. 
All gatherings were wrong, only some have been portrayed as wrong... 
Peoples political bias sees sides taken and a great joy from some at Rangers fans behaving badly, it used to be a football rivalry. I have no love for Rangers or any other of our rivals. 

I think you’d gather that from my original post. 

It is not political it is factual. They are the worst fans, as evidenced through year after years of besmirching their own club. I am 64 and it has aye been. Evidence? Just google Rangers fans shame or similar. As a starter:

The never-before-seen images from one of the 'worst nights of violence in Manchester since the Blitz' - Manchester Evening News

They are Scotland's Shame!

Malinga the Swinga
32 minutes ago, Independence said:

It is not political it is factual. They are the worst fans, as evidenced through year after years of besmirching their own club. I am 64 and it has aye been. Evidence? Just google Rangers fans shame or similar. As a starter:

The never-before-seen images from one of the 'worst nights of violence in Manchester since the Blitz' - Manchester Evening News

They are Scotland's Shame!

Glasgow's shame definitely, West of Scotland's shame maybe, but not Scotland's. 

They are **** all to do with Edinburgh. 

Let’s not pretend Celtic fans aren’t just as bad though.  Sitting on their high horse forgetting smashing up Sunderland among other places singing songs about the soldier murdered by they two ***** with knifes. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Glasgow's shame definitely, West of Scotland's shame maybe, but not Scotland's. 

They are **** all to do with Edinburgh. 

Thousands of them from here though. 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Let’s not pretend Celtic fans aren’t just as bad though.  Sitting on their high horse forgetting smashing up Sunderland among other places singing songs about the soldier murdered by they two ***** with knifes. 

they are every but as bad and as far as hearts are concerned worse.

They smeared human shit on the walls of tynecastle celebrating the death of innocent people. What in the actual **** 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

they are every but as bad and as far as hearts are concerned worse.

They smeared human shit on the walls of tynecastle celebrating the death of innocent people. What in the actual **** 

Huns probably do the same at the shit tip down Leith.  Both are just ****ing horrible football clubs man.  Who the actual **** goes about smashing up cities and sing about people getting their heads chopped off and not have that part in their mind thinking this is unacceptable?  

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Criminally underrated comment.

God only knows what we’d do without him.

7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He's also a committed Unionist who hates the SNP. 

Hardly an unbiased voice. 

Even if a reduced attendance had been allowed at Ibrox the sash bash in George Square would still have occurred imo. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Thousands of them from here though. 

Kill the two stems of sectarianism, Rangers and Celtic, and who knows, future generations of Glaswegians maybe able to live in a civilised society. 

Would take a while but better that than allowing their stench to freely circulate. 

Scientists found a vaccine for Covid, can they not find one for old firmitis. 

Forever Hearts
40 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He's also a committed Unionist who hates the SNP. 

Hardly an unbiased voice. 

Even if a reduced attendance had been allowed at Ibrox the sash bash in George Square would still have occurred imo. 

And the ones criticising Rangers fans whilst condoning/encouraging the Palestinian demo are committed Nationalists who hate the Unionists. 

• davemclaren locked this topic