The monumental loser Ann Budge FAIL FAIL FAIL

i8hibsh

28 minutes ago, FTH said:

Have any of them won 2, yes count them TWO, Scottish Championship trophies though? That's notoriously the most difficult one of them all to win remember.

Budge and Boab are footballing mavericks the like of which this country has never seen before. 

But Budge did have the wherewithal.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Whatever the ins and outs of this discussion, the OP has revealed he is on the shallow intellectual level as Boris the Bobo with his, 

"Jabs!  Jabs!  Jabs!  Jobs!  Jobs!  Jobs!"

No mention, obviously, of "Deaths!  Deaths!  Deaths!"

And, whatever her failings, she has not failed on everything.  At the very least she has stirred up the OP's misogyny.

She's failed where it matters. On the pitch. That cannot be disputed and things need to change next season. 

2 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I didn't say he wasn't a good coach, but he is making a pigs ear of the women's team...the results speak for themselves.

So, whatever the politics behind his appointment, or his ability with the U18's, he isn't adding anything to the women's team, a team that won the lower division last year.

Maybe it's because he doesn't know who the best women's players are. Maybe he doesn't put his heart into it in the same way. Maybe he doesn't inspire the female players for other reasons. Who knows.

One thing is for sure he and the team are rank rotten at the mo'. 

@3fingersreid🤔

Stendelnator
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair it was said that Championship was the most difficult to get promoted out of. 

Yes, by Hearts. Hearts said that. 

8 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

It is true though.  The Premiership was very easy to get out of.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is true though.  The Premiership was very easy to get out of.

It’s impossible to get promoted out off though, so far anyway. 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I assumed that was the quote he was referencing, so yes.  

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Since Budge took over, the following teams have won major trophies:

Celtic 

Rangers

Inverness

Hibs

St Johnstone

Ross County

I think it's this really. For us not to be on this list is a travesty and just adds to the spoonburners ascertain that the city is green...

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Outoftown said:

I think it's this really. For us not to be on this list is a travesty and just adds to the spoonburners ascertain that the city is green...

Fortunately 7 years isn’t the magic number when it comes to trophies. Why not 10 or 25?

siegementality
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair it was said that Championship was the most difficult to get promoted out of. 

Which was more wind and pish from Budge and Neilson. We were massive favourites - and rightly so - to win that league. Anyone who thought that we wouldn’t was simply living in another world. Take us out of that league and it would have been difficult for any of the other teams, mainly because they are all shite.

siegementality
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Fortunately 7 years isn’t the magic number when it comes to trophies. Why not 10 or 25?

Because 10 or 25 years ago Budge wasn’t in charge? 

The money we have squandered in the last 7 years is incredible, and what have we got to show for it? We have been a basket case for several years, while some of the smaller clubs in Scotland have been winning major trophies. That is embarrassing.

The last 7 years seems like a fair enough period to gauge the ‘success’ of our owner.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Because 10 or 25 years ago Budge wasn’t in charge? 

The money we have squandered in the last 7 years is incredible, and what have we got to show for it? We have been a basket case for several years, while some of the smaller clubs in Scotland have been winning major trophies. That is embarrassing.

The last 7 years seems like a fair enough period to gauge the ‘success’ of our owner.

You can certainly only gauge the success of an owner over the time they are in charge  ( only Robinson/Deans and Romanov pass that test since I started supporting the club in 65 ) but I’m giving no-one encouragement to use that to claim the city is green. Smaller clubs have always won cups as luck in the draw and/or a specific match has a lot of influence. 

siegementality
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can certainly only gauge the success of an owner over the time they are in charge  ( only Robinson/Deans and Romanov pass that test since I started supporting the club in 65 ) but I’m giving no-one encouragement to use that to claim the city is green. Smaller clubs have always won cups as luck in the draw and/or a specific match has a lot of influence. 

These smaller clubs - St Johnstone (who have actually won the Scottish Cup and League Cup in the last 8 years), Ross County and Inverness won their trophies because they didn’t draw Brora Rangers right enough. The luck of the draw eh!

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Since Budge took over, the following teams have won major trophies:

Celtic 

Rangers

Inverness

Hibs

St Johnstone

Ross County

Under Wallace Mercer we won nothing, don't even think we made two sc finals and he was owner longer. 

What's your opinion on him? 

Aberdeen, Utd, Motherwell, St Mirren, Hibs all won trophies. 

Do you feel the way about him as you do about Budge? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Under Wallace Mercer we won nothing, don't even think we made two sc finals and he was owner longer. 

We were skint under Mercer but made Europe regularly and finished runners up in the league 3 times.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We were skint under Mercer but made Europe regularly and finished runners up in the league 3 times.

But winning is everything you said. 

You also taken issue with certain other teams winning trophies. 

We won nothing under him and other teams including Motherwell and St Mirren won Scottish cups, but you were OK with him. 

Not OK with Granny Budge, tho. 

Did you like Mercer and or think we were successful under him? 

If you did you are changing your own measures of success you judge Budge so vigorously on - why would you do that? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The football was pretty entertaining!

davemclaren
49 minutes ago, siegementality said:

These smaller clubs - St Johnstone (who have actually won the Scottish Cup and League Cup in the last 8 years), Ross County and Inverness won their trophies because they didn’t draw Brora Rangers right enough. The luck of the draw eh!

So you think there’s no such thing as luck of the draw or luck in a match? And no, I’m not referring to the Brora game. 

Anyway, that poster may well have had an ulterior motive but if you agree with him/her that the city is green then carry on. 

2 hours ago, siegementality said:

Which was more wind and pish from Budge and Neilson. We were massive favourites - and rightly so - to win that league. Anyone who thought that we wouldn’t was simply living in another world. Take us out of that league and it would have been difficult for any of the other teams, mainly because they are all shite.

Just like The Rangers were massive favourites the last time we were promoted.and your team took 3 attempts.

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Just like The Rangers were massive favourites the last time we were promoted.and your team took 3 attempts.

Still coming away with that side splitting patter? Anybody who criticizes Hearts must be a Hibs fan. 💤😴

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So...how should we measure Budge’s time at Hearts?

Hopefully this one is quite easy to answer!

You measure her limited success against her obvious long list of failure.

Top of the premier league when it comes to fine dining.........Bottom of the pile on all footballing matters

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Hopefully this one is quite easy to answer!

You measure her limited success against her obvious long list of failure.

Top of the premier league when it comes to fine dining.........Bottom of the pile on all footballing matters

Off the pitch? Steadied the ship but without James Anderson...?

3fingersreid
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We made 5 semi finals under W Mercer. 
85/86 86/87 87/88 91/92 & 92/93

whilst we never won anything whilst he was owner , I don’t think there is anything I would’ve changed about his time in charge . 

Actually there is , he should’ve let hibs disappear rather than saving them .

Apologies if it's already been mentioned but what is the next targeted date for the share transfer?

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

whilst we never won anything whilst he was owner , I don’t think there is anything I would’ve changed about his time in charge . 

Hearts and Wallace were exceptionally unlucky not to win silverware.

It was a monumental effort to get us into the Old Firm/New Firm group. Then, just as we achieved that, Souness arrived and changed the landscape.

Who knows how many trophies we'd have went on to win without the spectre of Dens hanging over us and/ or the Rangers revolution hadn't happened.

No trophy, but we owe Wallace much.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Off the pitch? Steadied the ship but without James Anderson...?

Off the pitch, new stand, created a brand image that has attracted influential people into the club. All very admirable, and to be applauded.

Steadied the ship?......The ship was well on course to being stabilised when she took control. Fans voted for and supported her idea by putting their hands in their pockets. By turning up at Tynecastle on match day, I'm sure we even achieved record  ST sales. She had the fans eating out of the palm of her hand!

However, bit by bit she has slowly dismantled and destroyed the footballing infrastructure at Hearts. Poor recruitment, a state of the art academy not producing players that look like challenging those who dragged our team into the lower divisions. Goodwill relationships between club and support broken!....Finally, suspicion exists from all parties doubting Ann Budge can reverse the trend of the past 6-years....None of this is a glowing endorsement of Ann Budge time at Hearts

Ann Budge's CV of her time at Hearts does not make good reading!

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Off the pitch, new stand, created a brand image that has attracted influential people into the club. All very admirable, and to be applauded.

Steadied the ship?......The ship was well on course to being stabilised when she took control. Fans voted for and supported her idea by putting their hands in their pockets. By turning up at Tynecastle on match day, I'm sure we even achieved record  ST sales. She had the fans eating out of the palm of her hand!

However, bit by bit she has slowly dismantled and destroyed the footballing infrastructure at Hearts. Poor recruitment, a state of the art academy not producing players that look like challenging those who dragged our team into the lower divisions. Goodwill relationships between club and support broken!....Finally, suspicion exists from all parties doubting Ann Budge can reverse the trend of the past 6-years....None of this is a glowing endorsement of Ann Budge time at Hearts

Ann Budge's CV of her time at Hearts does not make good reading!

We need a 'like' button on here.👍

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

We've made 3 under Budge and 2 finals. We've been to double the finals in Budges shorter time as owner.

It was a question for I8 who on this very thread said winning was everything and who has taken exception to other clubs winning cups under Budges' tenure.

This, amongst other things has made him feel very strongly about Budge, however when posed with the Mercer question hasn't given an answer yet.

He also admitted we were skint under Mercer, hardly a ringing endorsement for a chairperson, yet he feels very strongly about Budge?

Does he feel as strongly about Mercer for the same failings he mentions on here about Budge?

Nookie Bear

Mercer took Hearts to their full potential and has consistently near the top of the league. 

Has Budge exploited her massive potential advantage? No. 

frankblack
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Mercer took Hearts to their full potential and has consistently near the top of the league. 

Hearts were every bit as erratic back in the Mercer and Robinson days.  For every good season where we qualified for Europe we'd have a mediocre one finishing mid-table, and we had a few seasons where we were even worse e.g. under Tommy McLean and Stevie Frail.

The most consistently near the top of the league was in Levein's first spell where we also qualified for the Europa group stages.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If she couldn't exploit her opportunities in the past 6-years the likelihood is she never will!

Dare I say under the most favourable conditions presented!

Favourable especially given the opportunity that was presented to her. She had a clean slate, however, as I pointed out earlier she has slowly, bit by bit eroded that opportunity to the point where there is practically nothing left for her to salvage!

I love to live in a world full of optimism, but nothing points to the fact that Ann budge can dig herself out of the hole she has made.   

Absolute Scenes

Tell you something. We will never be in a position where a proven goal scorer who leaves for a bigger club asks to come back to us. She’s a mug for not bringing lafferty back. Character or not, goals matter. And his goals for a relegation struggling team tell you enough about him as a player. 12 goals since joining. More than shankland in less games. 

Harry Potter
On 10/05/2021 at 10:59, highlandjambo3 said:

Last season didn’t finish….we were royally rogered 

Will add cheated and ripped off to that.

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Hearts were every bit as erratic back in the Mercer and Robinson days.  For every good season where we qualified for Europe we'd have a mediocre one finishing mid-table, and we had a few seasons where we were even worse e.g. under Tommy McLean and Stevie Frail.

The most consistently near the top of the league was in Levein's first spell where we also qualified for the Europa group stages.

Under Mercer (apologies if i got start/finish dates off):

image.png.7932e4bd5a6b8ce83fe50020a4e43d6a.png

Under Budge:

image.png.43b745770c7055e76c733fed56093c26.png

Budge would kill for Mercer's inconsistency and VALUE FOR MONEY.

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Under Budge:

:levein_interesting:

frankblack
15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Under Budge:

I see you ignored my statement about Robinson's record, which included a cup win.

What you are showing is the historic situation before money took over with Souness onwards at Rangers (RIP).  We can't match Celtic or Sevco with budgets nowadays, certainly not post-admin.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I see you ignored my statement about Robinson's record, which included a cup win.

What you are showing is the historic situation before money took over with Souness onwards at Rangers (RIP).  We can't match Celtic or Sevco with budgets nowadays, certainly not post-admin.

Sorry, the chat was comparing Budge and Mercer. Souness took over in 1986 i think - we were unspectacular league-wise but at least never finished bottom.

Here is Robinsons:

image.png.5c91508673f8020995155b30ef831f06.png

Cup win and built (without a benefactor) 3 sides of the stadium...

Nookie Bear

May as well throw in Vlad's tenure for completeness.

image.png.95a9194065735079c1ea713beeed79d9.png

Strong start followed by a steady decline and ending in the Championship.

Sounds familiar :lol:

On 10/05/2021 at 10:21, tian447 said:

There is nothing in this thread that you haven't said time and time again, all over this forum.

Did it really need a new, dedicated thread?  Absolutely ****ing boring now. 

Might be boring, but it's also all true. Budge needs to go and she should certainly not be remembered particularly well for her serial failures.

3 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Might be boring, but it's also all true. Budge needs to go and she should certainly not be remembered particularly well for her serial failures.

You're right...Budge's abysmal record and perennial failure needs to be called out, and she should never be allowed to forget.

Some of the apologists on here seem to conveniently want to forget exactly what a fans forum is all about!

My answer to those who feel it important enough to respond negatively to other posters.....just try ignoring it!....Save your energy for other things in life.....

siegementality
9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

“Your team” 😂 Away and take your face for a shite. Any time you want to compare the mileage we’ve travelled supporting Hearts let me know. My passport stamps and mileage will stand up to anyone’s. 

And do yourself a favour meantime, think of some better patter, because that attempt just makes you look a complete dick.

Nookie Bear

So...how are we judging Budge?

League form? Trophies? Value for money? Commercial activities?

I know she likes a 5yr plan so my question is: what has Ann achieved over the last 5 years that did not require the huge financial involvement of 3rd parties?

3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

You're right...Budge's abysmal record and perennial failure needs to be called out, and she should never be allowed to forget.

Some of the apologists on here seem to conveniently want to forget exactly what a fans forum is all about!

My answer to those who feel it important enough to respond negatively to other posters.....just try ignoring it!....Save your energy for other things in life.....

And here’s me thinking that supporters should get behind their club. Some of the posts on JKB criticising the club look more like cut and paste jobs from Hibsnet.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

And here’s me thinking that supporters should get behind their club. Some of the posts on JKB criticising the club look more like cut and paste jobs from Hibsnet.

Getting behind the club has nothing to do with highlighting the abysmal failure of those running the club.
But of course of you are happy to accept mediocracy welcome to the Budge / Neilson house party.

FWIW....It's the passionate Hearts supporter that takes time to express their concern at the slow death by a 1,000 cuts at our club.

Take the blinkers off.

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, siegementality said:

“Your team” 😂 Away and take your face for a shite. Any time you want to compare the mileage we’ve travelled supporting Hearts let me know. My passport stamps and mileage will stand up to anyone’s. 

And do yourself a favour meantime, think of some better patter, because that attempt just makes you look a complete dick.

He calls everybody who dares to criticise Hearts a Hibs fan. Highly original. 💤😴

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

5th, 6th, 6th, 12th, 13th past 5 seasons under Budge.

A sobering reminder ☹️