The monumental loser Ann Budge FAIL FAIL FAIL

i8hibsh

jambomjm74
23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

To suggest Forfar Framlington have a well paid manager is to suggest Glenpark and Salveson have one.  It will be unpaid in the main.

The whole operation is a charity, with time given... 

The players pay subs I believe. 

Hearts hired the Man City director of ladies football to compete with a charity. 
I am seeing a trend here, must be a business model, Mens football Top 5 SPL wages (which are massively different to lower teams) to compete with amateur teams. 
Some might say, financial mismanagement or complete incompetence. 

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Forever Hearts
31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Based on what?

Based on the fact that we are the 3rd biggest team in the league and Andy Kirk won't be working for nothing after being demoted. 

David Black
39 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Good Post. 

I live in hope that some Hearts minded business people have also had enough of the shambles & complete nothingness that our club has become and take over from the current incumbents and give us our pride & edge back. 

When FoH have the shares there is a lot of opportunities ahead for the club. A club of our stature would, without question appeal to a lot of monied Hearts minded people. If Ann has the club at heart and I have no doubt she does, then she must know that more than anyone. June is the perfect time for her to stand down when the shares are transferred and allow us to invite people on board. James Anderson, JJ, Ian Murray, Leslie Deans are just a few examples that quickly come to mind and I'm sure others could name a few more.

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Based on the fact that we are the 3rd biggest team in the league and Andy Kirk won't be working for nothing after being demoted. 

Are we? Glasgow City seem to be the big women’s team in Scotland ( given their European exploits ) and then there are Celtic, Rangers and Hibs who seem far more established than Hearts in women’s football. It may well go that way eventually but I think trying to overlay the men’s team dynamics on to women’s football may not be appropriate at the moment. 

As I mentioned earlier it would be interesting to see a budget comparison of teams in the women’s game. 

On 10/05/2021 at 11:12, martoon said:

I don't mind how many anti Budge/Neilson threads there are.

The more the better.

Other than withholding ST money, posting on this forum is the only way I can express the anger, frustration and sadness at the husk of a club HMFC has become.

I can't do it in person because of the pandemic.

Repetitive it may be but no more so than the parrot like Budge/Neilson firefighters.

i8 can start a new feckin thread everyday, afaic. I'm heart sick at what these people are doing to the club.

Budge, Neilson, and the ever lurking Levein, OUt

“the parrot like Budge/Neilson firefighters”. 👍😂😂😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The old 'i8bibsh is a hibee' chat is lazier than the 'ringo was a shite drummer' chat. Some people (sheep) just say what they hear and what is trending and fashionable.

I "build up Hibs" is a new one. When did this happen? Was it because I laid down some hard truths? Our owner may wish the club to live in fluffy unicorn land but I prefer the real world.

Leave the unicorns alone. 

Always after the unicorns. 

😭

Birregrande
3 hours ago, Haken said:

For me, the big error was when it came to replacing Cathro.  It was the statement made about excellent applications being received, only for the job to go to Levein, resulting in Levein being manager, coach, Dof and with a place on the Board.  Leaving Levein in place despite how bad the football became was the next mistake.  Taking forever to appoint a replacement and then secure his backroom staff was next.  Replacing Stendel with Neilson was a surprise but unbelievably uninspiring.  Not reading the mood of the majority of the support by loaning players to teams who'd voted us out of the league...

I'll be forever grateful for Mrs Budge's role in securing the existence of the club and was excited by her early ambition and vision.  We have a new stand in place and that was a huge development for the club.  But the bottom line is that Hearts needs to be a successful team on the field.  At the moment, we are not that.

Excellent post. Also, I know i8 is Hearts, and just wants the best for our club.

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, David Black said:

When FoH have the shares there is a lot of opportunities ahead for the club. A club of our stature would, without question appeal to a lot of monied Hearts minded people. If Ann has the club at heart and I have no doubt she does, then she must know that more than anyone. June is the perfect time for her to stand down when the shares are transferred and allow us to invite people on board. James Anderson, JJ, Ian Murray, Leslie Deans are just a few examples that quickly come to mind and I'm sure others could name a few more.

Here's hoping bud, here's hoping 🤞

Hackney Hearts
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Teams won and win under all them.

:lol:

It's all about winning is it? 

We may have won 2 cups under Romanov, but we almost ceased to exist. 

And we can obviously write off those in charge between 1962 and 1998. (And between 1906 and 1954 for that matter)

If Kingsley had scored his penalty, chances are AB would have broken her duck. Fine margins.

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

And we can obviously write off those in charge between 1962 and 1998. (And between 1906 and 1954 for that matter)

If Kingsley had scored his penalty, chances are AB would have broken her duck. Fine margins.

Yes, it is all about winning.

Hackney Hearts
50 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So you'd be happy if AB's successor leads us into liquidation so long as they've picked up a trophy along the way? That is what you're saying, is it?

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

So you'd be happy if AB's successor leads us into liquidation so long as they've picked up a trophy along the way? That is what you're saying, is it?

That would be ridiculous now. Obviously we live within our means.

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

If Kingsley had taken a proper run up to that penalty the chances are we would not be having this conversation! 🤷‍♂️

maroondevo52
27 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We're on a road to nowhere, come on inside. 

That's how it feels.

8 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We're on a road to nowhere, come on inside. 

Once it was Tynecastle now it’s all covered in flowers. 😞

16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Aaprt from the 50 or so games I have attended since 2011, the several European trips (London, Liverpool, Estonia) in this time and the 4 years as a contributor to FoH (my name is on the t-shirt) you are correct.  I have also bought a few tops since then too.

As for the women being in charge this would be a valid argument if the fact was not that I was very much in the Budge camp and on on her triain at the very start (go back to the first Budge thread from 2014).  Or of course that my favourite politician ever was Margaret Thatcher and I greatly respect the Queen.

In conclusion I will give you a big fat FAIL for your post.

50 games in nearly 10 years is impressive for someone who lives so close to Tynecastle. Do you still wear your Cubs hat?

16 hours ago, Boab said:

Agree.

The Cathro experiment was just that. It was clear it was a bad error yet he got the start of the next season. The circus of appointing CL was when it became clear AB was in over her head.

I think the real issue is that when mistakes were made, the action taken to rectify them made matters worse, in the main.  You could argue that the appointment of Neilson's second term was a success in that it gained promotion at first attempt, but even that has come at a cost, with the majority of us unable to ignore humiliating results like Alloa and Brora while some cling to the safety blanket of a league success.

Mistakes are fine if you learn from them and improve.

9 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

50 games in nearly 10 years is impressive for someone who lives so close to Tynecastle. Do you still wear your Cubs hat?

Always. Love the Cubbies. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Nah, with statements like that you dismiss the work of guys like Mercer and Doddie. 

Having won 3 trophies in 50 years it's sounds a bit ridiculous coming from a Hearts fan tbh, if it's all about winning maybe teams along the m8 are for you. 

Also, plenty folk on here have stated it's about being entertained, so not all agree. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, with statements like that you dismiss the work of guys like Mercer and Doddie. 

Having won 3 trophies in 50 years it's sounds a bit ridiculous coming from a Hearts fan tbh, if it's all about winning maybe teams along the m8 are for you. 

Also, plenty folk on here have stated it's about being entertained, so not all agree. 

So because we have massively under achieved for the majority of our history we should just accept it and settle for being entertained, happy losers? 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So because we have massively under achieved for the majority of our history we should just accept it and settle for being entertained, happy losers? 

No. 

30 minutes ago, Haken said:

I think the real issue is that when mistakes were made, the action taken to rectify them made matters worse, in the main.  You could argue that the appointment of Neilson's second term was a success in that it gained promotion at first attempt, but even that has come at a cost, with the majority of us unable to ignore humiliating results like Alloa and Brora while some cling to the safety blanket of a league success.

Mistakes are fine if you learn from them and improve.

The timing of the action to rectify mistakes had the biggest impact. Cathro should have been shown the door even before the end of the previous season. CL should have done likewise, a major error ploughing on when it was obvious things weren’t working. There are calls for Robbie to go but I can understand why he wants to try another crack at the Premier...with the board’s blessing.

52 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

That'll be roughly the number of times Hubs have played at Tynie!

Forever Hearts
Just now, JamboAl said:

That'll be roughly the number of times Hubs have played at Tynie!

Original. 💤😴

3fingersreid
17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Can’t read all that due to the formatting but bottom of the SWPL is their highest position ever as I think this is their first season in the top flight. 

17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Is there relegation?

Regardless of it being their first season they should be doing a heck of a lot better due to their resourcing.

The women’s team have been under the Hearts “ umbrella” for two and a half seasons , previously to that they were Tranent Hearts .

In that time they have won a league and achieved promotion to the top league for the first ever time . We’ve managed to beat our local rivals for the first time in that short spell in the top league too.

As far as I’m aware Andy Kirks wages will be being paid from the terms and conditions of his contract that was signed whilst a coach involved with the men’s team . 

1p in the £ doesn’t seem much but perhaps the FOH could have a wee tick box to opt in or out off for any money to go to the women’s/girls section from our direct debits ? 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
14 hours ago, Birregrande said:

Excellent post. Also, I know i8 is Hearts, and just wants the best for our club.

constant i8 negativity however is a drain on the soul 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
8 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The women’s team have been under the Hearts “ umbrella” for two and a half seasons , previously to that they were Tranent Hearts .

In that time they have won a league and achieved promotion to the top league for the first ever time . We’ve managed to beat our local rivals for the first time in that short spell in the top league too.

As far as I’m aware Andy Kirks wages will be being paid from the terms and conditions of his contract that was signed whilst a coach involved with the men’s team . 

1p in the £ doesn’t seem much but perhaps the FOH could have a wee tick box to opt in or out off for any money to go to the women’s/girls section from our direct debits ? 

They started out as Musselburgh Windsor Ladies Football Club not Tranent.

Also, IMO, the solution is to properly fund the women’s team and replace AK with a top female manager who knows which players we should be attracting to a club of Hearts stature. AK’s appointment looks to me like a classic jobs for the boys appointment and he’s making a right pigs ear out of it.

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Also, IMO, the solution is to properly fund the women’s team and replace AK with a top female manager who knows which players we should be attracting to a club of Hearts stature. AK’s appointment looks to me like a classic jobs for the boys appointment and he’s making a right pigs ear out of it.

It definitely wasn't jobs for the boys. Neilson didn't want him anywhere near the 1st team so he got demoted to the ladies, very much against his will, according to some. 

13 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Not jobs for the boys and as for “making a right pigs ear of it”..........I ok!?! 
Did you ever go and see his teams when he was manager of the reserves/Colts? It was excellent to watch. Quick dynamic football. It was so far away from the Levein/Neilson style it wasn’t true. I actually made a point at one stage of making sure I was off every Monday so I could go and watch them. Alright the didn’t win every week but it was dam enjoyable and his teams played to win and it didn’t matter who we played. Stendel obviously seen Kirk’s style and tactics and it fitted into his though process nicely hence the promotion to the first team. Neilson comes along with his nonsense style of play and demoted Kirk to the woman’s team. Tragedy IMO.

3fingersreid
13 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Didn’t mention the Musselburgh part as that might’ve confused the issue a bit more , thought it best to stick with the Hearts name , you are 100% correct though. 

With regards to AK , as far as I’m aware he is highly respected at Hearts as a coach and was given the job to keep him around the club . Personally I’m glad that he and Hughes are there given their experience in football .

Could it be better , absolutely, could it be worse , possibly , we might not even have 3 points. 

With regards to the appointment of a top women’s coach , I think it’s only Spartans that have a female coach , Booth at G City and the two men at the bigot women’s teams might weaken that argument a bit ( might) . Even G Scott at hibs when he was there did very well , we shouldn’t have let him go , probably should’ve tried to get him back before murphy showed his face .

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, goldie83 said:

Not jobs for the boys and as for “making a right pigs ear of it”..........I ok!?! 
Did you ever go and see his teams when he was manager of the reserves/Colts? It was excellent to watch. Quick dynamic football. It was so far away from the Levein/Neilson style it wasn’t true. I actually made a point at one stage of making sure I was off every Monday so I could go and watch them. Alright the didn’t win every week but it was dam enjoyable and his teams played to win and it didn’t matter who we played. Stendel obviously seen Kirk’s style and tactics and it fitted into his though process nicely hence the promotion to the first team. Neilson comes along with his nonsense style of play and demoted Kirk to the woman’s team. Tragedy IMO.

Put better than I could 👏🏻
I too watched a few of his teams games and your description is bang on 

20 hours ago, been here before said:

You not having had your hole for 20+ years comes as no surprise. 

Thouhht it would have been far longer.

🤣 He has a picture of Budge on his bedside table to look at whenever he's feeling lonely. 

Unknown user
20 hours ago, been here before said:

You not having had your hole for 20+ years comes as no surprise. 

Thouhht it would have been far longer.

:laugh2: everything makes sense now, if only we'd known, we could have organised a quick whip round and a visit to Scorpio Leisure 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Having won 3 trophies in 50 years

Perhaps because it has not been about winning.  We need to change our mentality.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Perhaps because it has not been about winning.  We need to change our mentality.

Aye, that's it. 

You have solved ours and lots of others teams problems. 

The Grim Reaper

If it’s not about winning can someone ask Tosh what it’s about then?

He has me on his ignore list. 

Armageddon
On 10/05/2021 at 10:55, Cruyff said:

He's right. Budge needs to go. 

Could he not have just typed "Budge needs to go" on another thread?

54 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Put better than I could 👏🏻
I too watched a few of his teams games and your description is bang on 

Cheers bud. I remember at the time thinking “see when Levein gets the bullet I would have no problem with Kirk getting the gig full time.”

Obviously gets Hearts and understands what Hearts fans want to watch.......wasn’t the case sadly 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, goldie83 said:

I didn't say he wasn't a good coach, but he is making a pigs ear of the women's team...the results speak for themselves.

So, whatever the politics behind his appointment, or his ability with the U18's, he isn't adding anything to the women's team, a team that won the lower division last year.

Maybe it's because he doesn't know who the best women's players are. Maybe he doesn't put his heart into it in the same way. Maybe he doesn't inspire the female players for other reasons. Who knows.

One thing is for sure he and the team are rank rotten at the mo'. 

The Hogfather

The fact some posters are using the annual squad overhaul as some kind of reason to be optimistic is absolutely hilarious and mind boggling at the same time. Anyone who's genuinely optimistic for the season ahead hasn't been paying attention the last 7 years.

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I didn't say he wasn't a good coach, but he is making a pigs ear of the women's team...the results speak for themselves.

So, whatever the politics behind his appointment, or his ability with the U18's, he isn't adding anything to the women's team, a team that won the lower division last year.

Maybe it's because he doesn't know who the best women's players are. Maybe he doesn't put his heart into it in the same way. Maybe he doesn't inspire the female players for other reasons. Who knows.

One thing is for sure he and the team are rank rotten at the mo'. 

Making a pigs ear of it? That's like giving a postie a job as an electrician then moaning that his work is crap. Andy Kirk should be nowhere near that level of football. 

The Hogfather
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I didn't realise Perth was along the M8.

Since Budge took over, the following teams have won major trophies:

Celtic 

Rangers

Inverness

Hibs

St Johnstone

Ross County

Edited by i8hibsh

36 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Since Budge took over, the following teams have won major trophies:

Celtic 

Rangers

Inverness

Hibs

St Johnstone

Ross County

Have any of them won 2, yes count them TWO, Scottish Championship trophies though? That's notoriously the most difficult one of them all to win remember.

Budge and Boab are footballing mavericks the like of which this country has never seen before. 

Superfluous - she’ll be gone in the not too distant future.  We have a bright future ahead of us.  Let’s concentrate on that. It’s what happens next that’s all important now.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, FTH said:

Have any of them won 2, yes count them TWO, Scottish Championship trophies though? That's notoriously the most difficult one of them all to win remember.

Budge and Boab are footballing mavericks the like of which this country has never seen before. 

To be fair it was said that Championship was the most difficult to get promoted out of.