***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

BackOfTheNet
39 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Whelmsley gone? Was he transferred? 😭

12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye **** that! When did this happen?? 
The whelms chat is genuinely funny unlike most of the other patter (namely the accusations of "interlopers" resulting from any slight disagreement)
Like everything that happens on here; if you don't like it, scroll on past!!! 

Whelm the **** on BOTN. Bunch of miserable *******s 😂

To be fair I found it fun too, helped pass the time when nothing is happening with transfers. The quest/voyage was symbolic of the transfer saga. :(

But genuinely it did annoy some. One said it and within a page more than a few backed them up and agreed. Didn’t realise that it got anyone’s backs up. Not nice to annoy folk when they point it out so have kept the whelm chat away.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sub4TiddlerMurray
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

To be fair I found it fun too, helped pass the time when nothing is happening with transfers. The quest/voyage was symbolic of the transfer saga. :(

But genuinely it did annoy some. One said it and within a page more than a few backed them up and agreed. Didn’t realise that it got anyone’s backs up. Not nice to annoy folk when they point it out so have kept the whelm chat away.

I'm with Batistuta on the whelms. Genuinely funny chat. Please don't be put off by the humourless who like nothing better than bursting balloons and complaining....c'mon the whelms!

21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It certainly did not annoy me 😉

8 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I'm with Batistuta on the whelms. Genuinely funny chat. Please don't be put off by the humourless who like nothing better than bursting balloons and complaining....c'mon the whelms!

One more for whelms. Got to have a wee laugh on this forum 👍

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, One five said:

It was another “one” then others… :laugh4:

Batistuta87
24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It was a genuine laugh for me. People need to lighten up and stop taking everything so seriously; expecting actual real news on JKB before anywhere else 😂

Stick to Hearts official Twitter for up to date real news, this place is for gossiping and talking shite. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The quest for whelms must continue. 

:horse:

Here here! 

Charge on! 

image.jpeg.f5a853c9cf8e173834649663e1b2f368.jpeg

Edited by Batistuta87

Was chatting to an agent I know today. 

Couple of things he was saying I found interesting

1. He spoke highly of Savage, dealt with him when at Norwich. 

2. Due to Covid it’s been really difficult to get players over to the UK to have trials with clubs, which would normally be a big thing at lower leagues in England and most leagues in Scotland. 

So it may be, as a result it may be the current British based players who are available on a free know there may be more opportunities this year than most as less likely teams bringing in unknown players from abroad. 

He was saying he was trying to get a player over for a Scottish team and it was really difficult to get clarification on the elite sport rules that football has for traveling abroad since the player wasn’t actually signing for a club just coming on a trial. 

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

One more for whelms. Got to have a wee laugh on this forum 👍

This^^^

18 minutes ago, One five said:

Likewise

Rogue Daddy
14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The quest for whelms must continue. 

:horse:

Yassssssss…..

….take no prisoners! Boooo to the naysayers! Chaaaaarge!

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Yassssssss…..

….take no prisoners! Boooo to the naysayers! Chaaaaarge!

Same in the past when Billie etc appears. Those with no sense of humour immediately moan and then the topic is “cleansed”. 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So any new rumours now that we’re on page 402? 😂

Lars Brickman 

JamboAndrew
16 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

2. Due to Covid it’s been really difficult to get players over to the UK to have trials with clubs, which would normally be a big thing at lower leagues in England and most leagues in Scotland. 

So it may be, as a result it may be the current British based players who are available on a free know there may be more opportunities this year than most as less likely teams bringing in unknown players from abroad. 

He was saying he was trying to get a player over for a Scottish team and it was really difficult to get clarification on the elite sport rules that football has for traveling abroad since the player wasn’t actually signing for a club just coming on a trial. 

Sorry, wrong thread. I think this is one for talking about how badly the club is run and how bad Savage is as he doesn't have a ue, just Budge or Neilson.

I found your post fact based and sensible, and you weren't using it to have a go at the club.

Please post more.

Anyone else think the hold up is because we are in the English market for new players and because they have just started pre-season with some players just about coming to end of their contracts at the end of July? 

4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Anyone else think the hold up is because we are in the English market for new players and because they have just started pre-season with some players just about coming to end of their contracts at the end of July? 

Stop being sensible it doesn't belong here anymore 

Rogue Daddy
23 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

Good insight 👍 sometimes forget that not only has Covid had a detrimental effect on transfers, Brexit probably makes it doubly difficult. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Lots of folk, Been mentioned several times. 

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We also have a new recruitment chief appointed early July

That may also be impacting on timescales etc

Will he be sporting the new away strip?

His name is
36 minutes ago, jamie1874 said:

Appreciate the info, although the other clubs in Scotland have adapted and made a number of signings / loans. I make that 63 to be precise 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57459445

17 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

As good a guess as any. 👍

just looked on transfermarket, Murray Wallace would be a decent addition if we could afford wages etc centre back, left sided, he is 28 though.

34 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Waiting for loan deals maybe. 

After The Watershed

https://spfl.co.uk/news/summer-signings-47729

Yes, some other clubs have made more signings but looking at the list, apart from Rangers and Celtic signings, I'm not seeing any I'm gutted we didn't sign. 

Not losing my $hit over the lack of signings. Each to their own though.

Edited by After The Watershed

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, After The Watershed said:

Yes, some other clubs have made more signings but looking at the list, apart from Rangers and Celtic signings, I'm not seeing any I'm gutted we didn't sign. 

Hibs, Rangers, St Johnstone, have all only made 3 signings, Dundee Utd have only signed one. Motherwell still need to bring in a number of players. We're not the only ones waiting. Based on JS' comments and presumed contacts, I think it's safe to say that we're in the English market and players down there are waiting on these July/August "free agent" PFA payments. 

I'm honestly not worried in the slightest. Disappointed yes, because signings are exciting, but I'm waiting patiently and am assuming nothing much will happen until August. 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Hibs, Rangers, St Johnstone, have all only made 3 signings, Dundee Utd have only signed one. Motherwell still need to bring in a number of players. We're not the only ones waiting. Based on JS' comments and presumed contacts, I think it's safe to say that we're in the English market and players down there are waiting on these July/August "free agent" PFA payments. 

I'm honestly not worried in the slightest. Disappointed yes, because signings are exciting, but I'm waiting patiently and am assuming nothing much will happen until August. 

Exactly

Guest ToqueJambo
52 minutes ago, His name is said:

Appreciate the info, although the other clubs in Scotland have adapted and made a number of signings / loans. I make that 63 to be precise 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57459445

Who would we be excited about signing from this list though? Hibs have only made two signings (plus one loan to permanent like us) and neither Mackay nor Doyle-Hayes look automatic first picks for us, ie no better than what we have. Out of Aberdeen's, Brown is a high-profile signing but he'd never come to us and we have decent options in that sitting mid role. His legs are going on last season's displays too. Anyhow, it's a more attacking mid we need. Gallacher is 30 and right footed so not the answer to our long-term CB worries.

One I might have taken is Brice Anderson who signed for Livvy from Aberdeen. He seemed a promising young striker and could have been back-up. Maybe we're looking for someone more experienced.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, bazman said:

Exactly

18 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

.... Also none there that I'm disappointed that we didn't sign. Gallagher to Aberdeen maybe but he's 30+ now, and this Ramirez character they've signed is intrigued me more than anything, but I think we'll do better. There's a few nice to haves in there, but none that would be any more than squad players for us. Have faith lads. Whelms will be ours!! 

Prince Buaben
31 minutes ago, After The Watershed said:

Just had a look at that. Out of the other Prem clubs Declan Gallagher is the only player im a bit gutted we didn't sign.

Couple would have improved us but we are waiting to see what is available in the English market

(Image: SNS Group)

St Johnstone are interested in former Rangers attacker Greg Stewart, reports Scott Burns. 

The 31-year-old brought his two-year spell at Ibrox to an end in the summer having struggled for game time under Steven Gerrard. 

He also has interest from other Premiership sides and a deal appears unlikely at this stage.

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

That will happen, happens all the time. 

Likley for every player we sign 3/4 have rejected us. 

Always though the idea was to have a list of targets for the positions you want to fill,say cb, you cant get choice A so move down the list until you get. Would things not have leaked if we approached a player but got knocked back?

Interesting conversation to have with Savage regarding the proper workings of signing a player. Would make a good podcast!!

Prince Buaben
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Always though the idea was to have a list of targets for the positions you want to fill,say cb, you cant get choice A so move down the list until you get. Would things not have leaked if we approached a player but got knocked back?

Interesting conversation to have with Savage regarding the proper workings of signing a player. Would make a good podcast!!

Depends on the player and agent i suppose. If the agent is wanting to use Hearts interest as leveridge somewhere else it could be leaked. If the enquiry is rejected at club level then we might never hear.

The_razors_edge
5 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Dropping a comment like this will, though?

You'd be just as well as spilling the beans because you've already alluded to it which, imo, is worse than coming out with what you know.

The initial post was to try and provide some realism to this thread - let’s face it, it’s became an absolute asylum 😂. As fans, as much as everyone would like to know, I’m not sure we’re really entitled to know the the what’s, where’s, how’s, why’s and wherefore’s. There are clearly some guys on here who are well connected and lucky to get some decent info. I was one of those lucky people the other day. There are a variety of reasons for the lack of signings, some have already been alluded to on this thread. For clarity though RN was not cited as a reason for lack of signings. 

The_razors_edge
5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

In fact nothing would surprise me as far as we are concerned in the slightest with same management still in place.

Players will not be interested in playing for Neilson because any player with a bit of savvy will know he is a clown.

All imo of course. 😏

RN was not cited as a reason for players not signing 👍🏻

Batistuta87
25 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

(Image: SNS Group)

St Johnstone are interested in former Rangers attacker Greg Stewart, reports Scott Burns. 

The 31-year-old brought his two-year spell at Ibrox to an end in the summer having struggled for game time under Steven Gerrard. 

He also has interest from other Premiership sides and a deal appears unlikely at this stage.

Got a feeling he's one that we're interested in. Not ITK, just a feeling. Would be an OK backup option. Bit of pace, left footed, can sit out wide or behind a striker, offers something a wee bit different. Wouldn't be massively exciting but fills a space. 

Edited by Batistuta87

The_razors_edge
5 hours ago, OTT said:

Jesus Christ. That is grim to hear. 

I wonder if there is a reason for such a delay? Has literally every target this summer failed to materialise?

I didn’t get that level of detail - no names of targets or what sort of standard of player we are looking at. What I took from the conversation was that there are number of different stumbling blocks to getting new players in. 

13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Got a feeling he's one that we're interested in. Not ITK, just a feeling. Would be an OK backup option. Bit of pace, left footed, can sit out wide or behind a striker, offers something a wee bit different. Wouldn't be massively exciting but fills a space. 

If we sign him that's pretty lazy is it not? we bring savage in who is ment to know about lower league English football and has knowledge of Ireland and we go sign a hun cast off. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***