• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

I wonder who will be this week's "Spotted in the Main Stand watching the game"??

I have a ticket in Section A, so I regret I will not be able to report post match!

It might be that there’s signings potentially watching the game today. Would love that to be the case.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

A centre back and a centre mid for next Saturday please Hearts. 

To come in and hit the ground running....not a bloody chance.

On a side note has Soapy recovered from whatever was making him limp at the end of his last outing?

Bazzas right boot

Mods need to change the Fred title to something like " tears, snotters and pant wetting". 

Folk are really trying to out doo each other to see who can fill their pants the most. 

43 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You know a horizon is something you can see in the distance, right? Other than the window closing next month and an expectancy for any football team to make signings as part of normal business, there is nothing to tell us a signing is close. Can’t take Neilson’s word for it, as he said it weeks ago. By “on the horizon” I’m talking about signings we can see something happening with. For example media reports linking us with the player, ITK chat (which no one is in this window it seems) player activity online etc. Like Milinkovic at the airport, Walker with his GPS etc. But there is nothing on the horizon we can see. So yes I do know nothing is on the horizon as if it was we could see it. If a signing is being worked on behind the scenes and close to being announced then that wouldn’t be on the horizon but a secret. IF there is a signing soon then good, but there’s no sign of it.

We’d all love to see a whelm appear in

the horizon. That hallowed silhouette in a hazy glow with the distant sun as a backdrop.  

Striding towards us to save the day!

45 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You know a horizon is something you can see in the distance, right? Other than the window closing next month and an expectancy for any football team to make signings as part of normal business, there is nothing to tell us a signing is close. Can’t take Neilson’s word for it, as he said it weeks ago. By “on the horizon” I’m talking about signings we can see something happening with. For example media reports linking us with the player, ITK chat (which no one is in this window it seems) player activity online etc. Like Milinkovic at the airport, Walker with his GPS etc. But there is nothing on the horizon we can see. So yes I do know nothing is on the horizon as if it was we could see it. If a signing is being worked on behind the scenes and close to being announced then that wouldn’t be on the horizon but a secret. IF there is a signing soon then good, but there’s no sign of it.

So you are saying there may be a signing soon . Metaphorically speaking that means it could be on the horizon .

Polar opposite way of looking at things I suppose .

Clerry Jambo
15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mods need to change the Fred title to something like " tears, snotters and pant wetting". 

Folk are really trying to out doo each other to see who can fill their pants the most. 

The pant wetters maybe shiting in their breeks smithy but would rather have them in the trenches than the “everything is hunky dory darling” mob👍

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Herbert said:

Raith and ICT are mid table championship clubs. Where do you see us?

3rd in the Premiership. I mean, ideally 1st, but resources etc....

(that's why we're comfortably beating those teams)

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

And now your trying to argue about the fact that people are haters....

Gonna just take a breath and count to ten..let the anger be released 

The fact of the matter is that this thread is now flooded with tedious anti RN  anti Budge and anti Savage drivel..its dull

I'm not angry, I'm not the one that can't accept others see a different game. I'm not the one trying to belittle those that they don't agree with also I can't count to 10.

3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

3rd in the Premiership. I mean, ideally 1st, but resources etc....

(that's why we're comfortably beating those teams)

We're not comfortably beating teams below us though are we. 3rd place should be our minimum every year, new manager, new squad,covid or any other set back, we should be good enough to be everyone out side the OF home and away but we're not and haven't been for a long time yet there's so many on here with the arrogance that we will be safe this year with last year's squad.

9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The pant wetters maybe shiting in their breeks smithy but would rather have them in the trenches than the “everything is hunky dory darling” mob👍

That what they say in the trenches right enough, we need more wet pants and tantrums.

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We’d all love to see a whelm appear in

the horizon. That hallowed silhouette in a hazy glow with the distant sun as a backdrop.  

Striding towards us to save the day!

Can’t say whelm anymore. A few folk have decided it’s annoying (apparently always was).

Shame as I was going to say the cure for transfer window pant wetters would be signing a couple of pant whelmers but now I can’t. :(

LarrysRightFoot

Given we have too much time to think about all this part of me has been wondering if some the delay could be attributed to us getting through these group stages.

Thankfully we have comfortably but if we hadn’t I don’t think anyone (even Ann) could argue Robbie would have been out the door.

Probably barking up the wrong tree but since we have qualified I’m hoping (even more than I was before) that it’s all systems go on the transfer front now.  

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

So you are saying there may be a signing soon . Metaphorically speaking that means it could be on the horizon .

Polar opposite way of looking at things I suppose .

I just explained a horizon is something that can be seen. Logic tells us that signings should be soon as we only have signed one, we’re entering into the final 4 weeks of the window and we shipped 11 players out, not to mention we’re a newly promoted club  so logically all points to a signing should be soon. But it’s not on the horizon as we don’t have any information that has been seen. Seen

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Herbert said:

We're not comfortably beating teams below us though are we. 3rd place should be our minimum every year, new manager, new squad,covid or any other set back, we should be good enough to be everyone out side the OF home and away but we're not and haven't been for a long time yet there's so many on here with the arrogance that we will be safe this year with last year's squad.

Yes we are beating teams comfortably recently, that's the point. The two we were discussing (ICT and Raith) we beat 3-0 and 4-0. 

Agree 3rd place should be our minimum target.

You say we haven't achieved that for a long time - well, since RN was last here. Maybe he can do it again? One or two keep saying it's the same squad as last year - we have half the first team who are different in terms of returning from long-term injury, getting up to speed etc. Two class signings could make a big difference. In the summer of 1985 we made just 2 signings - and went from a poor 7th place to "joint 1st".

Page after page of folk taking about anything other than transfers. Is that not what all the other threads are for? Every time I check back there’s pages of nowt to do with transfers to scroll through. 

18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can’t say whelm anymore. A few folk have decided it’s annoying (apparently always was).

Shame as I was going to say the cure for transfer window pant wetters would be signing a couple of pant whelmers but now I can’t. :(

Apologies. I spend my time doing other things other than 26/8 on JKB. I must’ve missed the whelm banning episode?

I hereby retract my whelm statement

and hope it didn’t cause offence 😕

Edited by Debut 4

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

And what happens if we don’t get the right players, do we sign nobody or what ?

I would hope that as a DOF he has a a list of players who are suitable. Main target the priority but it will come to a stage where we get a player in that is suitable. 

Take Christmas for example we were linked with the Walsall striker we made bids but it never transpired. We also had Gnando as an option and we moved him in. I prefer this approach to the hit and hope of previous regimes. 

I repeat my earlier point ultimately your judged on the players you bring in not the speed you brought them in. I see it as building for the long term. 

Frankly some of the players we have rushed through the door over the past few years are baffling. If you prefer the early as possible hope they do okay approach then that is on you but its failed to many times in our own recent history.

I feel personally we still have not bad side. Gordon, Souttar, Haring and Boyce as the backbone. Lets get the right people in to supplement these players.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Really, many have bailed on the club. 

Last type of person you need in the trenches imo. 

When the going gets tough.. 

.. Just go in the huff! 

Don't think anyone has said everything is hunky dory either. 

Another myth on here peddled by the doom Brigade 

I think every one wants new signings and everyone knows we need at least 3/4 improvements. 

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Haha good one. Unlike you I don’t suggest we have been unbeaten in months, in pre season, despite being beaten last week

:lol:    It was a kickabout v Sunderland. We had nearly a whole different set of outfield players in the second half! You think we'll start the Celtic game with Damour, Denholm, Watson, Popescu, Roberts, McGill (not possible), Connor Smith? And Stewart in goal, who gifted them the penalty?

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Apologies. I spend my time doing other things other than 26/8 on JKB. I must’ve missed the whelm banning episode?

I hereby retract my whelm statement

and hope it didn’t cause offence 😕

The quest and voyage was fun while it lasted. In all seriousness I was just doing it as a bit of fun, but when folk start telling you it’s annoying and other agree I guess it’s time to retire the whelms.

I would much rather talk about transfers of course, but that’s not happening for obvious reasons.

21 hours ago, Bickfest said:

Say it, maybe twice, but then move on supporting the club. I have been a supporter since the early 60s. Have you any idea how many times in that period many fans have felt we had the wrong manager? Bobby Seith, Willie Ormond, John Hagart, Bobby Moncur, Tommy McLean, Rix, Ivanauskas, Malofeev etc. Some hated Joe Jordan, Sandy Clark, Steven Frail and others. It's time to move on, support the club and hope for success. The Neilson crabbing is now tiresome in the extreme. (And for what it's worth, I'm neutral.)

Good post.

27 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I just explained a horizon is something that can be seen. Logic tells us that signings should be soon as we only have signed one, we’re entering into the final 4 weeks of the window and we shipped 11 players out, not to mention we’re a newly promoted club  so logically all points to a signing should be soon. But it’s not on the horizon as we don’t have any information that has been seen. Seen

Don't think you  understand the context the word horizon is used here .

Players won't actually appear on the horizon .

You're welcome

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

:lol:    It was a kickabout v Sunderland. We had nearly a whole different set of outfield players in the second half! You think we'll start the Celtic game with Damour, Denholm, Watson, Popescu, Roberts, McGill (not possible), Connor Smith? And Stewart in goal, who gifted them the penalty?

what an erse you are. Read the thread before jumping in. Guy said we were undefeated in months through close season. Sunderland game was a friendly, but we were beaten. First half we played our first team and were 2-0 down, 2nd half we changed it. It’s not going to have much bearing on next season but that’s the reality of it

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Really, many have bailed on the club. 

Last type of person you need in the trenches imo. 

When the going gets tough.. 

.. Just go in the huff! 

Don't think anyone has said everything is hunky dory either. 

Another myth on here peddled by the doom Brigade 

I think every one wants new signings and everyone knows we need at least 3/4 improvements. 

You would just refuse to accept there was an actual trench needing to be manned & continually telling the pant wetters that the war would be over by Christmas. 

Oh, and "fred"? Are you still at Primary School? 

1 hour ago, bazman said:

Interestingly no damour or Roberts on the bench at all today

Hopefully efforts being made to encourage both to piss off. 

Thought we played okay, for me, Boyce is the best striker we have, he should be playing as the striker. Gnando, isn't our best striker. Instead of shoehorning Gnando in, Boyce should have been there with Mceneff playing where Boyce was. 

Walker looked lively and dangerous when he came on. Hopefully all okay after that idiotic challenge from Gardyne. 

We really need to get a move on with the transfers and get our signings in. Leaving them this late is frustrating. Clear need to bring in quality. 

Following on from the Inverness game I think we need 4 signings now,

For me we need 2 x Centre halfs one left and one right side to cover Souttar as it looks like he could be in and out team this season with injury, also we need to get rid of popescu as Neilson clearly doesn't trust him and if so he is a waste of a wage.

1 CM required, Ideally someone who can move the ball quicker, press forward and up the tempo for us, I quite liked the look of the boy Mcgrandles at Lincoln, maybe he could be an option? Might need to pay a fee though.

1 forward/winger 

Would like to see a pacy forward recruited, someone who knows where the net is and can be utilized in the wide areas, incase of an injury to Gino or Gms.

Definitely need to get the finger out with signings next week, hoping for at least 1 or 2 before Celtic.

If we actually want to finish top 4, we need a RB/RWB, at least one CB, a CM and maybe a Striker but the former 3 are a necessity to improve the starting XI, the strikers more for competition. 

2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Following on from the Inverness game I think we need 4 signings now,

For me we need 2 x Centre halfs one left and one right side to cover Souttar as it looks like he could be in and out team this season with injury, also we need to get rid of popescu as Neilson clearly doesn't trust him and if so he is a waste of a wage.

1 CM required, Ideally someone who can move the ball quicker, press forward and up the tempo for us, I quite liked the look of the boy Mcgrandles at Lincoln, maybe he could be an option? Might need to pay a fee though.

1 forward/winger 

Would like to see a pacy forward recruited, someone who knows where the net is and can be utilized in the wide areas, incase of an injury to Gino or Gms.

Definitely need to get the finger out with signings next week, hoping for at least 1 or 2 before Celtic.

Everything is fine though. We play good attacking football and have cut the deadwood.

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The quest and voyage was fun while it lasted. In all seriousness I was just doing it as a bit of fun, but when folk start telling you it’s annoying and other agree I guess it’s time to retire the whelms.

Well that's an underwhelming turn of events.

:sob:

Won't be long now

Who knows we may be waiting for a club to be knocked out of Europe this week prior to signing a player

It's times like these though you need to hold your nerve................we were all agreed we needed quality not quantity and we could easily have signed quantity by now.

Not everything is in the control of our club or management

19 minutes ago, maroon said:

Questions have to be asked of joe savage if there’s no decent signings in the next week

Just no money to spend. 

Well Mr Savage you will need to pull of a couple of spectacular signs this week if you want to back up your positive thoughts about us. 

The longer this goes on I wonder if Neilson isn’t get any budget for signings due to his job being on the line. He sanctioned some poor signings last season and he has been told work with what you have. 

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Just no money to spend. 

Really? Surely got a fair chunk from season ticket money, FOH and getting a good amount of players of wage bill 

InternationalJambo

Halkett not good enough IMO. Desperately need 2 CB's, another box to box midfielder and a striker. 

13 minutes ago, maroon said:

Really? Surely got a fair chunk from season ticket money, FOH and getting a good amount of players of wage bill 

Also we have stopped selling season tickets to new customers so if we were that skint then wouldn’t be doing this

jamboinglasgow

I just dont think there will be a signing this week. I think the idea that there is a signing or two just awaiting their 13th month payment before signing next Monday just smacks of hope rather than based on anything.

But would be glad to be proved wrong.

3 hours ago, Herbert said:

Everything is fine though. We play good attacking football and have cut the deadwood.

need to get rid to the herbies first, stink the place out don't you think?

BackOfTheNet

Putting my plums on the line I’m gonna say there will be no new signing by the Celtic game.

I of course mean next Saturday but with the cup tie being 14/15th of August I’d wager there’s no promises there either… :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, geomac said:

need to get rid to the herbies first, stink the place out don't you think?

I assume you're calling me a hibs fan?

8 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Yes we are beating teams comfortably recently, that's the point. The two we were discussing (ICT and Raith) we beat 3-0 and 4-0. 

Agree 3rd place should be our minimum target.

You say we haven't achieved that for a long time - well, since RN was last here. Maybe he can do it again? One or two keep saying it's the same squad as last year - we have half the first team who are different in terms of returning from long-term injury, getting up to speed etc. Two class signings could make a big difference. In the summer of 1985 we made just 2 signings - and went from a poor 7th place to "joint 1st".

How comfortable was it today?

1 minute ago, geomac said:

I assume you are going to say you aren't?

Well if I am I've been attending the wrong stadium for 20years.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***