2021 Scottish Parliament Election (Thursday 6th May 2021)

7 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Who was the bulbous nosed guy on BBC?

On one hand saying that not all SNP voters were voting for a referendum. 

Yet apparently all Unionist votes were voting to reject a referendum. :lol: 

Looked like he’d been hit with a spade. Could explain the confusion.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Unknown user

• ri Alban

8 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Who was the bulbous nosed guy on BBC?

On one hand saying that not all SNP voters were voting for a referendum. 

Yet apparently all Unionist votes were voting to reject a referendum. :lol: 

Except now it's not :rofl:

5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Does sound like you’d need to be on drugs to last in that job. 

It was an eye opener for sure. 

Previously, the roughest pub I'd worked in was a place on Balfour Street. Other than that, it was family pubs in Corstorphine or St Andrews.

This place was the drinking hole for all the radges that were barred from everywhere else. 

In Govanhill. 

It was certainly an experience. 

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Looked like he’d been hit with a spade. Could explain the confusion.

He is one of very few msp's to have a disability.

another interesting fact about him is in 2019, Balfour and a dog that his family look after, Sadie, won the Holyrood Dog of the Year competition having taken part in an assault course.

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Disgusted with the morons that could not tactically vote in East Lothian to thwart the seps. Well done you clowns. 

Tactical negative voting is in itself undemocratic and disgusting to some. Very happy to see it backfire and it won’t be the last time this weekend that it backfires 

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

He is one of very few msp's to have a disability.

another interesting fact about him is in 2019, Balfour and a dog that his family look after, Sadie, won the Holyrood Dog of the Year competition having taken part in an assault course.

See my post above, mate.

👍

@Justin Z

SNP holding  % vote so far maybe a small increase

Greens up 

Lab up

and Tory down around 1%

Edited by sadj

Just now, Boab said:

Loving that presenter on the BBC.

Every SNP MSP seems to “” have held on. “

Right, hen !

Ooor Becca 🤣

Its the woman that is giving analysis (not the one on just now the other one) who is very , very determined to push Nationalism bad and Torys making big gains 🤷🏻‍♂️

JimmyCant

This is all going to boil down to the SNP vote holding up and beating negative tactical voting in 5 or 6 marginal seats

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Boab said:

See my post above, mate.

👍

No probs, reason I knew was his constituency office is in Roseburn and I had previously looked him up having seen his photo.

Appears to be quite an interesting character despite being a Tory. Given some of his religious views there must have been some interesting discussions with Ruth Davidson

JimmyCant

Huge SNP gain in Ayr and another piece of eye candy for parliament watchers 🤪

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Huge SNP gain in Ayr

Massive win there 1.2% swing but still

Edited by sadj

Shanks said no

Ayr is a very interesting one.

Need to see what it does to the list msps though

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

Ayr is a very interesting one.

Need to see what it does to the list msps though

Thats the difficulty with any majority. Tories will get a lot of seats from it. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:gok:

SNP gain proddy land. 

:rofl:

:lol:

Tories also lost handily in Stirling, where you'd expect them to challenge. All points to them losing Edinburgh Central and Aberdeenshire West too.

The path to an overall majority is wide open.

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

No probs, reason I knew was his constituency office is in Roseburn and I had previously looked him up having seen his photo.

Appears to be quite an interesting character despite being a Tory. Given some of his religious views there must have been some interesting discussions with Ruth Davidson

Comes across as a bit of a knob on TV. 

Good on him not letting his disability, whatever it may be, limit him. Hugely under represented portion of society. 

Hope he doesn’t get/keep a seat though.  

hughesie27
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Constituency share 49% snp 50% Unionist - the long grass beckons 

You forgot Greens.

Shanks said no
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

But snp will lose 2 list seats in the south - shame dat no fair 

Unless of course SNP voters were to have voted for another nationalist party.

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Comes across as a bit of a knob on TV. 

Good on him not letting his disability, whatever it may be, limit him. Hugely under represented portion of society. 

Hope he doesn’t get/keep a seat though.  

We are in agreement 

There goes my promise to be non political

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats the difficulty with any majority. Tories will get a lot of seats from it. 

Greens are going to take a lot of list seats. No outright majority for the SNP but a huge pro Indy endorsement coming

Just now, Justin Z said:

:lol:

Tories also lost handily in Stirling, where you'd expect them to challenge. All points to them losing Edinburgh Central and Aberdeenshire West too.

The path to an overall majority is wide open.

Abdn West will be interesting. Burnett is a good MSP but Bowie and Ross have been ****ing over the locals so I dont know how much that will affect things. Mutch took a big chunk out of Bowie and is very well liked around here. 800 majority for Burnett i think. It will be close Id think but Id imagine they will hold here but with a reduced majority.

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

You forgot Greens.

Nicoliar won’t chance it till it’s at least 60 40 - last chance saloon 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Greens are going to take a lot of list seats. No outright majority for the SNP but a huge pro Indy endorsement coming

I was very much on the do I go SNP 1 and 2 or SNP then Green

Alba didnt even enter my mind. Be interesting thats for sure

Tories holding in the south of Scotland id imagine thats a very safe seat always though

indianajones
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Tories holding in the south of Scotland id imagine thats a very safe seat always though

Small part of England.

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Abdn West will be interesting. Burnett is a good MSP but Bowie and Ross have been ****ing over the locals so I dont know how much that will affect things. Mutch took a big chunk out of Bowie and is very well liked around here. 800 majority for Burnett i think. It will be close Id think but Id imagine they will hold here but with a reduced majority.

I looked at this one earlier and the only way I could see a change was if SNP got more out to vote, assuming the unionist vote holds

Just now, gjcc said:

Conservatives retain their safest seat. But SNP and Greens gain %

A stonking win according to our Beeb chair.

A homer if ever I’ve seen one. Thought she was going to burst into song !

Just now, indianajones said:

Small part of England.

🤣

I looked at this one earlier and the only way I could see a change was if SNP got more out to vote, assuming the unionist vote holds

Its where I live , the resentment locally to Bowie and Ross is big , as I said Burnett is a very good constituent MSP though hence why I think he will hold. Fergus is a very good bloke though and works his arse iff too. Hes been working hard to get out and about. It will be interesting.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

A stonking win according to our Beeb chair.

A homer if ever I’ve seen one. Thought she was going to burst into song !

Leave her alone she looks fun 🤣

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣

Its where I live , the resentment locally to Bowie and Ross is big , as I said Burnett is a very good constituent MSP though hence why I think he will hold. Fergus is a very good bloke though and works his arse iff too. Hes been working hard to get out and about. It will be interesting.

Burnett's family tree is something else

6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Burnett's family tree is something else

Haha isn’t it just.

Shanks said no
Just now, Boab said:

Aye ?

straight from Wiki but I was more interested that he is Henry Cecil's grandson

Alexander Burnett is the son of James Comyn Amherst Burnett of Leys, Chief of the Name and Arms of the House of Burnett, and Fiona Mercedes Phillips. His mother Fiona is the daughter of Harold Phillips and Georgina, Lady Kennard, and a sister of the Duchesses of Abercorn and Westminster. Burnett is a fourth-great-grandson of Nicholas I of Russia on his mother's side, and through the same line also claims descent from the Russian noblemen Abram Petrovich Hannibal and Alexander Pushkin. He was educated at Eton College and Newcastle University, where he graduated with an LL.B..

Alexander Burnett is the son of James Comyn Amherst Burnett of Leys, Chief of the Name and Arms of the House of Burnett, and Fiona Mercedes Phillips. His mother Fiona is the daughter of Harold Phillips and Georgina, Lady Kennard, and a sister of the Duchesses of Abercorn and Westminster. Burnett is a fourth-great-grandson of Nicholas I of Russia on his mother's side, and through the same line also claims descent from the Russian noblemen Abram Petrovich Hannibal and Alexander Pushkin. He was educated at Eton College and Newcastle University, where he graduated with an LL.B..

👍🏻 He is actually a really down to earth bloke , very opposite of Ross and Bowie as a person

Shanks said no
Just now, sadj said:

👍🏻 He is actually a really down to earth bloke , very opposite of Ross and Bowie as a person

People from Banchory tend to be good guys - my great uncle was a gillie there and I spent many summers there

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Interesting ! My mob are from up that way !

Jeffros Furios
7 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Cecil was my old man's favourite trainer,  Burnett and Miles Briggs have been hanging about my area like a bad smell. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a good question.

I don't think its fair to keep people to statements including 'once in a generation'.

Maybe Nicola wants Independence with a big majority to avoid years of division. The great thing about the votes to create a Scottish Parliament were they were decisive. 

The problem is they wont get a substanial majority no matter when it is planned for.  She needs to name a date soon. Lets get this over and done with whichever way it goes.