New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Begs the question though, IF there’s a new manager then which one would we be happy with?

I just can’t see Neilson having the ability to tactically get better so he’s dead wood and should be dumped, so if there’s an announcement he’s gone then good.

But what if McCulloch is the new manager? Or Neil McCann who’s side just got skelped off Neilson’s? Or Stephen Robinson or Stuart McCall or something?

I’m not sure I’d be happy with change for the sake of it any rate...

Ah Boaby was schooled by McCann up in Inverness 1 1, as I recall  :whistling:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We need Gambo to do a shortlist of anyone that is realistic but who didn’t manage a team any year Hibs won a cup and were therefore “on watch” and not worthy of managing us.

Actually 2016 was Mcinnes fault for losing to Neilson for losing to Hibs, so no danger he should be allowed anywhere near us

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The answer is one as things stand. Guessing all other years they haven't won it are credit to Neilson under this twisted logic 

There is no twisted logic, that is only in the heads of those who can't answer a simple question for one reason or another.

Fact - Neilson was manger the first time they managed to win it since 1902.

He could, but let's hope it does not come to it, be the manager in the season they may win it for a second time since 1902.

Now have I said anything wrong in above?

A lot of folk have got their knickers in a very serious twist over this for no reason what so ever. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

There is no twisted logic, that is only in the heads of those who can't answer a simple question for one reason or another.

Fact - Neilson was manger the first time they managed to win it since 1902.

He could, but let's hope it does not come to it, be the manager in the season they may win it for a second time since 1902.

Now have I said anything wrong in above?

A lot of folk have got their knickers in a very serious twist over this for no reason what so ever. 

He also managed to prevent them winning the 2020 cup. So? As if Hibs winning the cup is the personal responsibility of Robbie Neilson. 

All very bizarre 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He also managed to prevent them winning the 2020 cup. So? As if Hibs winning the cup is the personal responsibility of Robbie Neilson. 

All very bizarre 

He did, very well observed.

It is a responsibility than many a manager/owner of Hearts has managed since 1902, with one exception.

Do you accept that IF Hibs win the Scottish Cup...(Not league/league cup/ champions league) this season it will be a season where Robbie was Hearts manager, and would be the second time that has happened since 1902? (Hopefully this is a simple question for you to answer a straight yes/no and not deflect)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He did, very well observed.

It is a responsibility than many a manager/owner of Hearts has managed since 1902, with one exception.

Do you accept that IF Hibs win the Scottish Cup...(Not league/league cup/ champions league) this season it will be a season where Robbie was Hearts manager, and would be the second time that has happened since 1902? (Hopefully this is a simple question for you to answer a straight yes/no and not deflect)

Obviously it is yes but certainly not his fault. If you believe it is, then you obviously think that the greatest Hearts manager in history was shite 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Forza Cuore said:

Maybe to you. Did you ever stand on that Dunbar End at Easter Road and celebrate pumping that lot?  I could guarantee anyone that did feels the same as me.

I'm as progressive as they come pal, I even take Soya milk in my latte 😅

👍.    :lol:

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Obviously it is yes but certainly not his fault. If you believe it is, then you obviously think that the greatest Hearts manager in history was shite 

Eventually.👏

I never brought blame/responsibility in to it  that was others.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂

I picture some more like this, after every single thing that goes wrong-

Misplaced pass. 

Concede 

Statement from club. 

Club silent 

Rangers go out the sc. 

959f179b98ddcf26bb749b15a5adfc0a.gif

classic case of projection there mate ?

i notice a few folk commenting on others apparently being seething etc have starred-out fake sweary words in their posts inferring they themselves might be a bit seething or at least not totally calm about things - wee emotional leaks all over the posts

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Eventually.👏

So what is your point and why mention the irrelevance of it?

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

classic case of projection there mate ?

i notice a few folk commenting on others apparently being seething etc have starred-out fake sweary words in their posts inferring they themselves might be a bit seething or at least not totally calm about things - wee emotional leaks all over the posts

Dont think starryed oot words mean emotion , its kind of just common in sentences a lot of the time now. Why use nothing when you can use “****ing *****”

Guest ToqueJambo

Have Tony Mowbray and Pat Fenlon received their Scottish Cup winners' medals for winning us the 2006 and 2012 cups yet? Jack Ross very nearly won the cup for us too this season.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

just as an aside when neilson took the reins first time around one of the first things he proclaimed was that he was going to change the way we approach derby matches - I’m assuming he meant rather than blood and guts win the battle first blah blah etc he meant we’d win with more sophistication in fact he hinted heavily at it

think we have/had one of the best derby records in the world but one of the first things neilson thought to do was to change our approach - to use that old internet clique : let that one sink in

:lol:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Dont think starryed oot words mean emotion , its kind of just common in sentences a lot of the time now. Why use nothing when you can use “****ing *****”

Yeah I accept like many things it’s a matter of opinion  :lol:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Have Tony Mowbray and Pat Fenlon received their Scottish Cup winners' medals for winning us the 2006 and 2012 cups yet? Jack Ross very nearly won the cup for us too this season.

wee paddy has a fair amount of affection amongst the hearts support for obvious reasons like neilson has amongst hibbies - often receiving the “sir” title and understandably so

So

Seith 1972

Alex MacDonald/Joe Jordan 1991

Pick one of 5 from 2007

Christ knows who else

McGlyn 

Cathro

Seith

Tommy Walker

Willie Ormond

sure iv missed others in this

8 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Yeah I accept like many things it’s a matter of opinion  :lol:

🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

just as an aside when neilson took the reins first time around one of the first things he proclaimed was that he was going to change the way we approach derby matches - I’m assuming he meant rather than blood and guts win the battle first blah blah etc he meant we’d win with more sophistication in fact he hinted heavily at it

think we have/had one of the best derby records in the world but one of the first things neilson thought to do was to change our approach - to use that old internet clique : let that one sink in

:lol:

So that's why Hibs might win a second Scottish Cup then?

Glad that's sorted out for me there. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Actually 2016 was Mcinnes fault for losing to Neilson for losing to Hibs, so no danger he should be allowed anywhere near us

😁

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

So

Seith 1972

Alex MacDonald/Joe Jordan 1991

Pick one of 5 from 2007

Christ knows who else

McGlyn 

Cathro

Seith

Tommy Walker

Willie Ormond

sure iv missed others in this

Peter Fairley. Poor sod was our first ever manager and managed to let Hibs win the cup in 1902. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Peter Fairley. Poor sod was our first ever manager and managed to let Hibs win the cup in 1902. 

Who was responsible for the 1887 debacle? Committee?

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So what is your point and why mention the irrelevance of it?

Simple, if they win the cup this year, for the second time since 1902(over 100 years*), both time will have been under same Hearts managers watch.

Have we not to mention that?

If I could have a list from admin what can and cannot be mentioned as I must have missed that memo.

* have Hibs gone over 100 years either winning League or League Cup seen as some like to bring that up to deflect the original question, a question you eventually found very easy to answer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Gambo said:

Simple, if they win the cup this year, for the second time since 1902(over 100 years*), both time will have been under same Hearts managers watch.

If I could have a list from admin what can and cannot be mentioned as I must have missed that memo.

* have Hibs gone over 100 years either winning League or League Cup seen as some like to bring that up to deflect the original question, a question you eventually found very easy to answer.

Not sure what to make of that gibberish. You can say what you like, not sure where I have said you cant, just seems like a lot of long winded gibberish to me, but hey ho.

Thoughts on Tommy Walker then. How do you feel about Tommy?

Neilson fault if Hibs win the cup this year. There is no arguing with folk who have logic like that. 

Still blaming him for 5 years ago without acknowledge the the semi earlier this year.

Doesn't matter what the facts are anymore, just shout the same shite again and if you do it loudly it must be true.

Half wits who shouldn't be given access to the internet, like flat earth people and Covid deniers

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not sure what to make of that gibberish. You can say what you like, not sure where I have said you cant, just seems like a lot of long winded gibberish to me, but hey ho.

Thoughts on Tommy Walker then. How do you feel about Tommy?

Why are we talking about Tommy Walker, did Hibs win Scottish Cup on his watch?

38 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Eventually.👏

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Why, if there is no blame/responsibility?

As James Sanderson may have once opined, 'what's your point caller?"

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Neilson fault if Hibs win the cup this year. There is no arguing with folk who have logic like that. 

Still blaming him for 5 years ago without acknowledge the the semi earlier this year.

Doesn't matter what the facts are anymore, just shout the same shite again and if you do it loudly it must be true.

Half wits who shouldn't be given access to the internet, like flat earth people and Covid deniers

Better to restruct Internet access to those who can read.

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Better to restruct Internet access to those who can read.

Restruct? Its those who can read that are struggling with your weird Neilson logic. Not sure they are the problem

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Hearts fans on here already giving Hibs the cup, Jesus Christ have a day off.

Sure the same happened with the League Cup

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Restruct? Its those who can read that are struggling with your weird Neilson logic. Not sure they are the problem

Weird logic?

Was Neilson the manager when Hibs won the cup for first time since 1902?

Is there a possibility he will be the manager in the season they next winning again?

(I don't know why I bother with the question marks tbh)

Only thing weird is those who get their knickers in one almighty twist over something so simple.

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Hearts fans on here already giving Hibs the cup, Jesus Christ have a day off.

I may have missed these posts.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Weird logic?

Was Neilson the manager when Hibs won the cup for first time since 1902?

Is there a possibility he will be the manager in the season they next winning again?

(I don't know why I bother with the question marks tbh)

Only thing weird is those who get their knickers in one almighty twist over something so simple.

Yes weird logic, Hearts = RN n AB when they won the cup because we werent in it to stop them - lost to them which meant they wont it (but the didnt)

Then youve been given loads of managers that you need to take the same attitude toward if you follow your logic. Then to clarify you say “im not saying they are to blame or they are responsible. 

therefore you wasted several posts for no relevance , no point and nothing anyone can debate 

Malinga the Swinga

All on Tommy Wright's watch. Unacceptable from him, he should be punted from Killie immediately. 

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yes weird logic, Hearts = RN n AB when they won the cup because we werent in it to stop them - lost to them which meant they wont it (but the didnt)

Then youve been given loads of managers that you need to take the same attitude toward if you follow your logic. Then to clarify you say “im not saying they are to blame or they are responsible. 

therefore you wasted several posts for no relevance , no point and nothing anyone can debate 

Robbie Neilson was the manager of Hearts when Hibs won their first Scottish Cup since 1902.

Tommy Walker was manager of Hearts when Hibs won a Championship.

Etc etc.

Are you saying the above is wrong, as if so I will debate you on the Neilson one and I'll let you take it up with historians on the Walker one.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

.👏

That's cause you're a sleekit wee coward who hasn't got the balls to directly say what you are insinuating. 

Luckily most see through your embarrassing posts. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That's cause you're a sleekit wee coward who hasn't got the balls to directly say what you are insinuating. 

Luckily most see through your embarrassing posts. 

😆😅🤣😂 says the poster who refuses to answer a simple question, even although I gave you the courtesy of answering your question earlier today which covers above.

So is Gambo merely pointing out it was a coincidence that Hibs cup success has happened when Neilson was Hearts manager ?

Another coinciding fact is that the clubs were in different divisions.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

So that's why Hibs might win a second Scottish Cup then?

Glad that's sorted out for me there. 

no mate it was more a general point about derby matches and neilsons intention to improve on our approach to them 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, sadj said:

🤣

it was a good point you made mate something I’d certainly consider going forward

phrases like ‘ ****ing idiots everywhere ... ‘ and the like I would normally assumed that inferred some level of agitation or animation/emotion but you’re saying that type of phrase could be as likely to be associated with a poster at the time in a completely calm mood

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

it was a good point you made mate something I’d certainly consider going forward

phrases like ‘ ****ing idiots everywhere ... ‘ and the like I would normally assumed that inferred some level of agitation or animation/emotion but you’re saying that type of phrase could be as likely to be associated with a poster at the time in a completely calm mood

I can assure you when I typed ****ing idiots everywhere I was remotely angry or agitated. More a little shake of the head and a feeling of resignation. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
28 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I can assure you when I typed ****ing idiots everywhere I was remotely angry or agitated. More a little shake of the head and a feeling of resignation. 

no need to assure me mate - the other poster pointed out that such phrases are not necessarily associated with any level of emotion or agitation just as likely to come from a position of total calm

as I said a view I will consider going forward 

Have to say, Neilson is doing a fantastic job (not a phrase you've heard too often this season) of appearing like a manager who knows he is still in a job next season.

ShortmanRossco

If there was ever a thread to sum up everything bad about JKB:

✔️ - Wildly controvertible OP

✔️ - Fans giving Hibs wins somehow failing to forget they are Hibs

✔️ - An argument somehow ensuing because a goalie scored in the last minute in a game Hearts were not remotely involved in. 

Rough. 

13 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

If there was ever a thread to sum up everything bad about JKB:

✔️ - Wildly controvertible OP

✔️ - Fans giving Hibs wins somehow failing to forget they are Hibs

✔️ - An argument somehow ensuing because a goalie scored in the last minute in a game Hearts were not remotely involved in. 

Rough. 

I'll admit I had to look up "controvertible".

One thing about JKB...It's an education :lol:

👍

11 hours ago, Gambo said:

Personally I blame Blazej Augustin, at 2-2 he had a free header, towered above the defender and hit a weak header straight at a Hibs defender...or Alexander for getting beat from that header from Cummings which was piss weak.

If not you could always blame Inverness, the current cup holders who went to a replay and still screwed it. 

Or Dundee United... actually that TheRangers team should have put them away easily.

But overall it's probably Neil Lennons fault, manager when Hibs won it (and loaned them loads of player) and Celtic manager this season when they might not Hibsit

• davemclaren locked this topic