New manager incoming ( merged )

jr ewing
Just now, GinRummy said:

Not convinced McInness would be right. I obviously see the logic and there’s no arguing with the job he’s done at Aberdeen over the years. I just can’t shake the feeling that he’s another manager that has, over time, become more and more defensive in his approach. 

That will be the end of Popescu then. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smith's right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

GinRummy
Just now, jr ewing said:

That will be the end of Popescu then. 

Small mercies.  I’m not against DM as opposed to Robbie but I’d prefer someone else. Couldn’t blame her for appointing him though. 

DETTY29
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not convinced McInness would be right. I obviously see the logic and there’s no arguing with the job he’s done at Aberdeen over the years. I just can’t shake the feeling that he’s another manager that has, over time, become more and more defensive in his approach. 

Another but more successful pragmatist I suppose.

GinRummy
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Aye, good way of looking at it 👍

ford donald
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Still convinced NM is a much better option and a hellava lot cheaper,give him a rolling contract.

3 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Still convinced NM is a much better option and a hellava lot cheaper,give him a rolling contract.

NM? I’m having trouble keeping with all the initials now, it’s like ****ing Line Of Duty. 

5 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He needs more games for me.....but I think he could replace whoever we sack next....after we sack Neilson.

jr ewing
8 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Who? Neil Murray. 

Agentjambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

JJ or Neilson 

Bobby

logopolis

Seems like we are rooting out bad managers  rather than bent coppers.

The names bandied about are the usual stale suspects.

If it were only that simple getting in new manager 'x' and signing the best players from clubs around us.

JamboAl

Six

Brave attempted save from pen

Edited by JamboAl
fabienleclerq
31 minutes ago, Tazio said:

NM? I’m having trouble keeping with all the initials now, it’s like ****ing Line Of Duty. 

😂😂

BelgeJambo

Doesn’t Neil McCann have the EBT tax fraud hanging over his head?  if yes, just another basket case waiting to happen

ford donald
34 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Who? Neil Murray. 

No,Ruby.

DETTY29
7 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Doesn’t Neil McCann have the EBT tax fraud hanging over his head?  if yes, just another basket case waiting to happen

And a messy divorce.

13 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

McCann's a legend mate. 👍

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

And a divorce has cleaned him out as well 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

He could have made Aberdeen a fortune. 

They had a Q and A with Cormack last week, sale of Cosgrove came up and Dave was not happy. 

Why did we sell Cosgrove. 

Answer,  he was hardly banging them in and we should've sold him earlier when he was.

I'm not sure you can really criticise him for holding onto two of his best players for too long, the decision to sell usually comes from above anyway.  You could argue we have made similar mistakes in not selling Souttar or Uche when there was interest in them or allowing Bjorn Johnson to leave for nothing.  Hindsight is a fine thing.

He's also been criticised for the lack of youngsters that he brought through but how many kids left Aberdeen and 'made it' with other clubs? I don't see the point in persevering with kids that aren't good enough, the faith we put in Jack Hamilton and a few others certainly didn't do us any favours.

To be honest I'd rather have Neil or someone with a similar profile but if we aren't able to persuade him to come I would be happy with McInness, even if it was just for a couple of seasons to steady the sinking ship.  I'd chose watching a winning team to one that plays nice football (whatever that is) that finishes mid table every time.

jr ewing
13 minutes ago, ford donald said:

No,Ruby.

I remember Neil Murray, big centre half 70s I think. 

Sir Gio
2 minutes ago, andrew said:

I'm not sure you can really criticise him for holding onto two of his best players for too long, the decision to sell usually comes from above anyway.  You could argue we have made similar mistakes in not selling Souttar or Uche when there was interest in them or allowing Bjorn Johnson to leave for nothing.  Hindsight is a fine thing.

He's also been criticised for the lack of youngsters that he brought through but how many kids left Aberdeen and 'made it' with other clubs? I don't see the point in persevering with kids that aren't good enough, the faith we put in Jack Hamilton and a few others certainly didn't do us any favours.

To be honest I'd rather have Neil or someone with a similar profile but if we aren't able to persuade him to come I would be happy with McInness, even if it was just for a couple of seasons to steady the sinking ship.  I'd chose watching a winning team to one that plays nice football (whatever that is) that finishes mid table every time.

That's fair enough, however many people are sick of attritional football. Personally I feel Mcinnes needs a break to reinvent himself. He looked tired and out of ideas.

For both parties I think it would be frying pan to fire. I think its hypothetical in any case really don't see him working under or with Savage. 

We are actually top of a table just now, don't know your thoughts on that at all in all honesty, but its not making very many happy. Mid table drawing 0 0 every other week I suspect is not going to appease those as it might yourself 

maroonsgotop
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

winger and absolutely useless

NANOJAMBO
13 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Don Murray, from Cardiff. 

jr ewing
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Don Murray, from Cardiff. 

That's the one. 

5-1Jambo
8 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

What games were you entertained by under Stendel? One of the countless ones where our high line was easily exploited time after time? The football under Stendel is only remembered as entertaining because of the manager that came before him.

At least he had the players attempting to play fast accurate football. Problem is the players weren't good enough. He didn't get a lot of time to try and change things and as my original post said, it would have been interesting to see how it developed after 2 transfer windows. 

argyjambo
16 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

So do I, he was a tall lanky useless winger, in a honking team at that time

Gnjambo16
46 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

That was Don , Neil

was a “winger” 

Deevers
52 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

That was Don Murray  - Neil Murray was a big outside left.

jr ewing
4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Those were the days. 

Scottie Wanshot.

Neil McCann will be the new manager.

25 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Must be something in the name - both were honking.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, S Form said:

Not this Murray.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not this Murray.

True

Musemic
6 minutes ago, S Form said:

as is the Scottish tories leader, Douglas, er, Murray as the PM calls him.

Mind you, there's a coupla tennis players of that name ain't too bad

chrisyboy7

this threads a joke....people are clearly board!

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, S Form said:

True

It was a good excuse to post that clip.

3 minutes ago, Musemic said:

as is the Scottish tories leader, Douglas, er, Murray as the PM calls him.

Mind you, there's a coupla tennis players of that name ain't too bad

Aye, but they’re Hibbies so don’t count.

Anyway, back on topic, I ain’t convinced there’s a new manager incoming. Think we’re stuck with Robbie for the time being.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It was a good excuse to post that clip.

👍

Pasquale for King

Just saw his on the clubs FB page.,

Some stats to add to the list: 

Played 182 matches in the top flight. We’ve won only 62 of those matches. 

If we fail to finish 3rd next season we will match the worst run outside the top 3 since 1985. If we fail to finish top 4 the following season it will become the worst run outside those places since 1970 to 1985. 

Via the FoH (£12 million nearly), James Anderson (£15 million) and yearly season ticket sales (£4.5million roughly a year), the fans/fan have handed over near £60million. That doesn’t include Merch, match day money, streams etc etc. No trophies, one 3rd place finish, 2 seasons in the championship. 

97 players signed. 7 transfer fees recouped. 2 transfers of over £1million (Hickey, Sow). Lafferty and Rossi higher end 6 figure sums, the rest minimal 6 figure fees. 

1 academy prospect sold (Hickey). All other academy graduates have left at the end of their contracts. As we see with Irving. 

0 minutes to anyone under the age of 20 in the league this year. 

0 academy prospects making their debut this season. Only 1 last season and 1 the season before. 

First ever defeat to Alloa. First defeat to a non league team since 1900. First defeat to Queens and Raith at home for decades. First dropped points to Morton, Arbroath in decades. 

2 wins in 10. 

This isn’t a blip. This is the club rewriting our own history and not in a good way. This is the club changing our standing within the Scottish game. St Johnston have won more trophies than us in the past decade and have finished in the top 6 more than us over the last decade. The anger isn’t cause we lost to Brora. The Brora game was the straw that broke the camels back.

Armageddon

I started laughing when I read “Rob” and haven’t stopped since.

Thank you 🤣

Section Q
51 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

McCann is a sh1te manager

ford donald
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

I remember Neil Murray a winger i think,maybe your thinking of Don Murray centre half?

heatonjambo
28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we fail to finish 3rd next season we will match the worst run outside the top 3 since 1985. If we fail to finish top 4 the following season it will become the worst run outside those places since 1970 to 1985. 

Via the FoH (£12 million nearly), James Anderson (£15 million) and yearly season ticket sales (£4.5million roughly a year), the fans/fan have handed over near £60million. That doesn’t include Merch, match day money, streams etc etc. No trophies, one 3rd place finish, 2 seasons in the championship. 

97 players signed. 7 transfer fees recouped. 2 transfers of over £1million (Hickey, Sow). Lafferty and Rossi higher end 6 figure sums, the rest minimal 6 figure fees. 

1 academy prospect sold (Hickey). All other academy graduates have left at the end of their contracts. As we see with Irving. 

0 academy prospects making their debut this season. Only 1 last season and 1 the season before. 

First ever defeat to Alloa. First defeat to a non league team since 1900. First defeat to Queens and Raith at home for decades. First dropped points to Morton, Arbroath in decades. 

2 wins in 10. 

This isn’t a blip. This is the club rewriting our own history and not in a good way. This is the club changing our standing within the Scottish game. St Johnston have won more trophies than us in the past decade and have finished in the top 6 more than us over the last decade. The anger isn’t cause we lost to Brora. The Brora game was the straw that broke the camels back.

Wow

when u list it like that. 

Levein should never be allowed to comment about us ever again. 

what an absolute waste  

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Wow

when u list it like that. 

Levein should never be allowed to comment about us ever again. 

what an absolute waste  

Shocking isn’t it. 

Super_Hans
36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

2 wins in 10. 

We are currently on our worst run of failing to qualify for European football since 1984. Eight years (1976-84). Next summer will be six years (2016-22).

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

We are currently on our worst run of failing to qualify for European football since 1984. Eight years (1976-84). Next summer will be six years (2016-22).

Yeah I’m sure there’s other stuff that could be added. 
First time we’ve had an award winning restaurant though 🤔🙈

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Interesting to see some people quoting Duncan Ferguson as an "ideal" candidate.

I'm curious, what makes him a preferred candidate?  I ask as he took charge of about 3 or 4 Everton games before Ancelotti arrived and that's all he has done as a manager.  He has a good gig at Everton, he isn't leaving that to become our manager.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not this Murray.

One of my fav goals

2 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

this threads a joke....people are clearly board!

DBAD16AF-FDA3-4960-972A-773E0CB9F915.jpeg

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Naw he'll no, 'least I fekin hope not.

gregzy2k7
7 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Would be extremely underwhelmed with that appointment.

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic