New manager incoming ( merged )

Hendolad

My problem with McInnes is he has old firm-itst a condition which makes him shit his pants against them. He’s probably the best of the establishment managers who think 3rd is as good as it’ll ever get, so in that respect you’d have him but I’d give it 2 seasons before the natives would get restless.

We need ambition, drive and enthusiasm from a manager who can get the best out of every player and develop youngsters into capable first team regulars.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He was steadily taking Aberdeen back to where he found it

He did have a bad season and a half. Never replaced a lot of his bigger players. His recruitment over the last few seasons hasn't been great. Would he have turned it around? Maybe, but probably not, so it was time for a change. I think on balance they were probably right to sack him. That doesn't mean he wouldn't succeed like he has previously shown he is capable of at Hearts with a fresh set of players. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

My problem with McInnes is he has old firm-itst a condition which makes him shit his pants against them. He’s probably the best of the establishment managers who think 3rd is as good as it’ll ever get, so in that respect you’d have him but I’d give it 2 seasons before the natives would get restless.

We need ambition, drive and enthusiasm from a manager who can get the best out of every player and develop youngsters into capable first team regulars.

3rd is as good as it will ever realistically get for us in current circumstances. It is as good as it ever has been for 30 years. Rangers and Celtic should beat us most times we play them with the budget disparity there is. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The problem is those days of third seem to be gone too.

There is a lot to be said for momentum 6 or 7years ago he had it in abundance but no longer. 

The key with him anyhow is being all singing and dancing, in complete control he won't be comfortable with our structure in any case. 

Kilmarnock Motherwell and Hibs have beaten him to third his team's have become increasingly attritional, which has been our biggest bugbear for ages now and one that folk maybe haven't noticed, they have had horrendous injuries for some time. 

They got better facilities which he banged on about endlessly and regressed. 

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

3rd is as good as it will ever realistically get for us in current circumstances. It is as good as it ever has been for 30 years. Rangers and Celtic should beat us most times we play them with the budget disparity there is. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Is there any harm in trying to get a manager who at least thinks he can challenge? Or go for the same old tired monotonous pish? 

Leicester City keep all our dreams alive!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

He did have a bad season and a half. Never replaced a lot of his bigger players. His recruitment over the last few seasons hasn't been great. Would he have turned it around? Maybe, but probably not, so it was time for a change. I think on balance they were probably right to sack him. That doesn't mean he wouldn't succeed like he has previously shown he is capable of at Hearts with a fresh set of players. 

I think it is a non starter in any case, no danger he will be told which players he is getting, total control freak. Cormack has been itching to get shot and carefully waited

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

We have signed ON LOAN Shay Logan aged 33.

I am sure all Hearts fans wished we'd never signed Sandy Jardine or Alex. McDonald who were the same age!

And you will know that team wasn’t just ageing pros, there was a certain group of youngsters coming through...

1 minute ago, Jambomb said:

And you will know that team wasn’t just ageing pros, there was a certain group of youngsters coming through...

And you will know that if we'd had one ageing pro (Craig Gordon) last season we would not be in this position

Under the floodlight
8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Is there any harm in trying to get a manager who at least thinks he can challenge? Or go for the same old tired monotonous pish? 

👍👍👍

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

And you will know that if we'd had one ageing pro (Craig Gordon) last season we would not be in this position

The point I made was we need youth players as much as ageing pros, a team made of only older player like this team has generally never been successful for Hearts. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We need a long-view if we are ever to get close I'm afraid. And risky appointments when the club is in need of stability aren't going to help us.

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So the time has come at last

Ranieri seen at Edinburgh airport 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Personally I would have said he would be more of a Rab than a Rob. 

Or a Robert . 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think it is a non starter in any case, no danger he will be told which players he is getting, total control freak. Cormack has been itching to get shot and carefully waited

Never said he didn't have control over transfers, just said that his recruitment left a lot to be desired over the past few seasons.

Don't think it was any secret that Cormack would have been perfectly happy if he had decided to go to Rangers when it was available. 

Doesn't change the fact that he has achieved more as a manager than any manager that we have had since JJ.

4 hours ago, 151 said:

I agree but my point was that if we were grinding out 1-0 games and 2-0 games and were looking at getting back into Europe etc I don't see anyone moaning about that.

This is not me saying McInness would be a good appointment btw I cannot stand the guy and don't want him near Hearts. Just stateing that what he done for Aberdeen is what we need, regardless of the fact the poster said his football was awful.

You sound a bit like me tbh. It’s hard to argue against him and logic says it’ll be a good appointment. I just have a feeling he’s done his best work at Aberdeen and like Levein and to a lesser extent Rob, has just got more and more defensive as the years have rolled on.  

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The problem is those days of third seem to be gone too.

There is a lot to be said for momentum 6 or 7years ago he had it in abundance but no longer. 

The key with him anyhow is being all singing and dancing, in complete control he won't be comfortable with our structure in any case. 

Kilmarnock Motherwell and Hibs have beaten him to third his team's have become increasingly attritional, which has been our biggest bugbear for ages now and one that folk maybe haven't noticed, they have had horrendous injuries for some time. 

They got better facilities which he banged on about endlessly and regressed. 

How many teams have beaten us to 3rd in that period?

15 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Someone delusional then ? 

Challenging the OF really isn’t a target. Occasionally circumstances throw up an opportunity to run close but the money difference makes it impossible for it be a realistic target. Like it or not but best of the rest is the target. 

Batistuta87

Actually hate how someone can't share a rumour on here without getting absolutely slaughtered and having their credibility immediately nullified because they're not "ITK". Can we not just have someone post a rumour, discuss it, and decide whether or not we want to believe it rather than sit and rip the boy to shreds? 

And here I was thinking we were all adults... 

Under the floodlight
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So the time has come at last

Ranieri seen at Edinburgh airport 

We could do with a bit of dilly ding dilly dong, instead of dilly do dilly do.

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Actually hate how someone can't share a rumour on here without getting absolutely slaughtered and having their credibility immediately nullified because they're not "ITK". Can we not just have someone post a rumour, discuss it, and decide whether or not we want to believe it rather than sit and rip the boy to shreds? 

If someone posts drivel and passes it off as fact then then they deserve the ridicule they get coming their way.

14 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

The point I made was we need youth players as much as ageing pros, a team made of only older player like this team has generally never been successful for Hearts. 

That's all very well with Fergie's class of 92 but which youngsters would you say are ready?

Having asked that, I could counter my own argument by saying they could hardly do worse than the shite we have seen but that might only make them less bad.  Hardly a sound basis on which to proceed!

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

What a load of crap! you spoke to someone very close to our manager who decided to tell you ? and then you're calling him Rob ? In the last 15/20 years Robbie has been associated with hearts I have never heard him being called ROB once. 

This reeks of pish and to make it more believable you're shorting his name to make out its sound like your close. 

:symf:

He will 100% not be in charge for the first game of next season.I really don't care what people think or say.Lets wait and see. 

40 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Absolutely agree. 

We need to get the level of ambition right, i.e we need someone who genuinely is going to come in and play attacking football, promote youth, not be scared of the old firm, but also have a good grounding of what Scottish football is all about (how defensive some teams will play) etc.

I think Alex Neil or Duncan Ferguson are two best candidates assuming either would want the job. McInnes offers exactly the same everything as Levein and Neilson have subjected us to. Plenty fans do not want him, and a unifying figure about now would be appreciated. 

I think its important to know that an actual interview process has been carried out and the candidate has been given the job on merit, i.e we believe they are the best option. Not simply going out and finding someone that kens Levein or JJ or Neilson. 

William H. Bonney

If it’s true that mcinnes was on 17.5k a week at Aberdeen, then I can’t see him even considering coming to hearts. 

Lone Striker
16 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Or a Robert . 

RN's reputation would be more solid if he had become known all those years ago as Roberto - a sort of suave continental sophistication to match his fashion sense.  😉

Ex member of the SaS

My problem with the original post ( not poster )is with donations and season tickets dropping would it not make sense for Budge/Robbie to say he is going at the end of the season by mutual consent? That would mean those who have dropped or reduced their FoH donations to start up again, giving the club much needed cash for a rebuild.

As it stands money is reduced just when it is really needed and doesn't make business sense to allow this to continue.

16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

👍 This place is nuts.

40 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Like we should be waltzing the championship

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Were we not a man down when we beat them under Locke? McHattie was sent off, I think. 

That was the home game - last minute winner for Jordan McGhee :thumbsup:

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

My problem with the original post ( not poster )is with donations and season tickets dropping would it not make sense for Budge/Robbie to say he is going at the end of the season by mutual consent? That would mean those who have dropped or reduced their FoH donations to start up again, giving the club much needed cash for a rebuild.

As it stands money is reduced just when it is really needed and doesn't make business sense to allow this to continue.

A new manager could be in place in a month so the drop in FOH subs won’t amount to much......in the grand scheme of things anyway. I can’t see the details of Season Tickets being announced until a new management team is installed so technically there won’t be a drop.

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

If someone posts drivel and passes it off as fact then then they deserve the ridicule they get coming their way.

Who are we to say whether its true or false? Nobody knows for sure. 

Honestly couldn't care less if he's right or wrong - he's obviously heard something and is bringing it to the forum for discussion. Is that not what this thing is set up for??

Its out of order. Schoolboy stuff, and will do nothing other than discourage people to share rumours they've heard themselves.

I've heard the same rumour as it goes. RN out at the end of the season, and I was given the name of the man who is apparently taking over. I'm not disclosing any other detail though because 1) The person who told me could get in trouble and 2) I don't know how true it is. But I did hear it. 

Edited by Batistuta87

17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

A new manager could be in place in a month so the drop in FOH subs won’t amount to much......in the grand scheme of things anyway. I can’t see the details of Season Tickets being announced until a new management team is installed so technically there won’t be a drop.

Can't see any ST news until we know which league we'll be playing in.

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I called him out early doors, rj.

You were right to do so, Jonno. What a load of nonsense.

47 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

We need a long-view if we are ever to get close I'm afraid. And risky appointments when the club is in need of stability aren't going to help us.

38 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Someone delusional then ? 

Challenging the OF really isn’t a target. Occasionally circumstances throw up an opportunity to run close but the money difference makes it impossible for it be a realistic target. Like it or not but best of the rest is the target. 

We’ll long term plans and best of the rest has ended up with us in the championship and taking beatings from pub teams so maybe it’s time for a new approach. Keep doing the same thing and think you’ll achieve a different result, now that’s delusional thinking.

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Can't see any ST news until we know which league we'll be playing in.

That could be late Saturday afternoon.....

34 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Best of the rest is a long way off given the clowns in charge.

The place needs a complete overhaul and it's an utter disgrace that we are in our current position. 

Forget the decision to demote us, we have been on the glass mountain for a good few years. 

I just hope action is taken and that our benefactor doesn't get too pissed off throwing good money down the shitter.

No argument from me on whether the targets have been achieved or not, they clearly haven’t for a long time. Regardless the targets need to be realistic. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

How many teams have beaten us to 3rd in that period?

Feel you are taking this as a literal translation without placing any context just like Andrew last night. 

Again you are not listening to what I am saying. 

He will not work with a DoF, he plays a Levein brand of football, his tactics have been sussed by everyone now and any Aberdeen fan will tell you they are in relegation form and have been for months. 

Just as well for their very fast start. 

Since the semifinal defeat to Celtic they have been going backwards. 

I'd rather Jack Ross by a distance than Mcinnes. He is going backwards not forwards why would you want someone going the wrong way that plays a similar pattern to those that have been castigated for so long. Unless you enjoy sack the manager threads or paying compensation it would be a very bad appointment. However Savage would have to go for Derek to come I would be confident to say 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

If it’s true that mcinnes was on 17.5k a week at Aberdeen, then I can’t see him even considering coming to hearts. 

It was only £14.5k apparently 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?! 

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Feel you are taking this as a literal translation without placing any context just like Andrew last night. 

He will not work with a DoF, he plays a Levein brand of football, his tactics have been sussed by everyone now and any Aberdeen fan will tell you they are in relegation form and have been for months. 

I'd rather Jack Ross by a distance than Mcinnes. He is going backwards not forwards why would you want someone going the wrong way that plays a similar pattern to those that have been castigated for so long. Unless you enjoy sack the manager threads or paying compensation it would be a very bad appointment. However Savage would have to go for Derek to come I would be confident to say 

Jack Ross who is a Hearts man or was walked into Tynecastle for an interview saw CL other side of the table and walked out.

1 hour ago, Hendolad said:

He will 100% not be in charge for the first game of next season.I really don't care what people think or say.Lets wait and see. 

Yeah lets wait.

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So far we have had 

Neilson 

Cathro

Levein

Daly

McPhee

Stendal

Neilson

Not one has been a manager doing well at another club that we’ve identified as having all the right attributes to manage Hearts at that particular time and if we went for McInnes now we’d be making exactly the same mistake.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was only £14.5k apparently 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?! 

Was it ****

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

We’ll long term plans and best of the rest has ended up with us in the championship and taking beatings from pub teams so maybe it’s time for a new approach. Keep doing the same thing and think you’ll achieve a different result, now that’s delusional thinking.

The long-term plan was working well. The appointment of Cathro and the extension of Levein's job remit spelled the end of that. There's been no long-term plan at the club since then. We need one.

1 hour ago, Hendolad said:

I spoke with Bob earlier this afternoon and he's asked me to share that he'll 100% be in charge of the team for the 1st game of the season next season. He's willing to give any doubters 100/1 odds - cash in hand - as he's so confident of being in with Ann and the club that he won't be sacked. Rob also said the only way he's leaving is when he's offered the Leicester City or Brentford jobs (both teams he's played for in the past and loved).

Don't shoot the messenger - just passing on what Rab has told me.

• davemclaren changed the title to New manager incoming ( merged )
  • davemclaren locked this topic