'We should be happy' ( merged )

Jambo_Gaz

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The only one of note is the Brora Rangers result, the rest are inconsequential if we win the league. 

Literally, apart from Brora the other teams are in   the same league as us.

Getting beat of a team in the same league should not cause to many Heart attacks, especially if you win said league.

You're a dyed-in-the-wool Hearts supporter and I admire the way that you fight your corner despite attacks from all sides.

But you're choosing to downplay the trend of the last few years which is that the Club is on a downward spiral, and that is an opinion that is shared by many equally dyed-in-the-wool Hearts supporters.

You brush aside shocking results as inconsequential.  They're not inconsequential, they're symptoms of a deep-rooted problem.  The problem is that the decision makers at our Club have been making appalling mistakes for about four years.  These mistakes have cost us millions of pounds and have taken Hearts from being a prominent Club in Scotland to one that is bordering on irrelevance. No one cares what Hearts, or Hearts supporters think any more.  Not a single team in Scotland, in any league, would have worries about coming to Tynecastle to play us.

In my view, the most important decision that needs to be made at HMFC is the decision that the approach of bringing in swarms of mediocre nobodies every transfer window hasn't worked.  It hasn't worked for the past four years, it won't work next window, or the window after that, etc.

Surely the fact that teams like Motherwell, Kilmarnock, and St. Johnstone have out-performed us over the last five years should be enough to alarm everyone in the HMFC management team.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Thanks for the condescension my friend. You Hearts' PR person? 

Anyway, I've been on this website since 2001, I ken how to ****ing work the internet. In this case, if I could, then I would. 

Take care. :thumbsup:

Also you -

I ken it's past bedtime for the majority of you troops but this is still bugging me. Wanted to start a thread with a poll of the ownership era you enjoyed most as a Hearts fan, but I've no enough posts (or intelligence) to figure out how to do so.

You're out of order.

But you take care too

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

You're a dyed-in-the-wool Hearts supporter and I admire the way that you fight your corner despite attacks from all sides.

But you're choosing to downplay the trend of the last few years which is that the Club is on a downward spiral, and that is an opinion that is shared by many equally dyed-in-the-wool Hearts supporters.

You brush aside shocking results as inconsequential.  They're not inconsequential, they're symptoms of a deep-rooted problem.  The problem is that the decision makers at our Club have been making appalling mistakes for about four years.  These mistakes have cost us millions of pounds and have taken Hearts from being a prominent Club in Scotland to one that is bordering on irrelevance. No one cares what Hearts, or Hearts supporters think any more.  Not a single team in Scotland, in any league, would have worries about coming to Tynecastle to play us.

In my view, the most important decision that needs to be made at HMFC is the decision that the approach of bringing in swarms of mediocre nobodies every transfer window hasn't worked.  It hasn't worked for the past four years, it won't work next window, or the window after that, etc.

Surely the fact that teams like Motherwell, Kilmarnock, and St. Johnstone have out-performed us over the last five years should be enough to alarm everyone in the HMFC management team.

Well said.

As for his bona fides - there are numerous threads on here tonight which have been very active - in which he has been totally absent. 

He only appears on threads/posts in which he can have an arguement. 

15 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Don't bother. Put him on ignore like the rest of us and save us the bother of having to read his quoted posts. He is a troll.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Bravo 👍🏽👏🏾

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Excellent stuff...

3 minutes ago, One five said:

Dye in the wool hearts fans are always welcome in my company’s any time any day and anywhere   👍

O and FTH we will always be greatest .

43 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Don't bother. Put him on ignore like the rest of us and save us the bother of having to read his quoted posts. He is a troll.

This. I've asked him a number of questions and he's disappeared like a rat down a drain. 

More concerned with people having a go at the club than than state of the club. 

SomethingAboutObua
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

How the hell do you mute someone on here? Couple of posters I really don't want to see anymore but can't work out how? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I ken it's past bedtime for the majority of you troops but this is still bugging me. Wanted to start a thread with a poll of the ownership era you enjoyed most as a Hearts fan, but I've no enough posts (or intelligence) to figure out how to do so.

To suggest I should be happy to be a Hearts fan in what is our worst ownership scenario since the 70s (as far as I know, auld boys could tell me otherwise if I could set up a poll) is absolutely incredible.

On it

If he is going to stay, we really need to start sending out somebody else to do these post match interviews.

Another shocker.

Each time he has been asked what do you do to fix the blip - ‘stick together’.

Useless.

Robbie is right.  It's just a blip.  Why are we all so precious. Just because we've had a few years of being totally inept and squandering millions, people all start moaning.

It's a blip.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Robbie is right.  It's just a blip.  Why are we all so precious. Just because we've had a few years of being totally inept and squandering millions, people all start moaning.

It's a blip.

Blip blip blip bleep bleep bleep blip blip blip

4 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

How the hell do you mute someone on here? Couple of posters I really don't want to see anymore but can't work out how? 

Click on the 3 bars, then account, ignore users will be at the bottom click on that, then type the usernames you want to ignore.

Archie White
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Robbie pictured earlier.

giphy.gif

Yes he did say if they were told earlier they would be 13 points clear with 5 games to go he would bite your hand off - looks like the whole arm has gone. He is reinventing the word delusional. 

Will ‘we’ still be happy Robbie if Raith beat Dunfermline on Wednesday night and ‘we’ aren’t 13 points clear but are 10 points clear with a game against Dunfermline on the Saturday 

10 hours ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56552027

"It's crazy that we're sitting here 13 points clear and we're talking about this. We should be happy, we should be enjoying the football, but the last four or five days have made it difficult."

This is what we're up against. Ffs. 

2 wins in 9 Robbie. We’ve only got such a healthy lead because we managed to scrape a few wins before everyone sussed us out.

But we’ve to be happy. Happy with a team and manager who’ll bring us straight back down again? 

StevenNaismith

Queen of the South x2

Brora Rangers

Arbroath

Ayr Utd
Dundee

Inverness

Morton

Thats who we’ve played in our last 8 games and we have won 2 of them. He goes on about how far clear we are, ignoring the fact teams below us have several games in hand plus the fact that every team in this league are utterly shite.

What he is ignoring is the fact that this team will be scrapping at the bottom of the premiership next season and I don’t think they have a scrap in them. Every time the chips are down we fold. Given the amount of players he has signed since the summer, with the vast majority being complete flops, then he cannot be trusted to spend any more money. I cannot get out of my head that he had Elliott Frear in on trial for 3 weeks and gave him a contract. Even the last two games, no recognised right back available so he shoe horns Halkett out there. No thought at all to play a 3-5-2 with all the variations you can play within that system. The man is an absolute fool with some of the shit he’s spouted this week. Goodbye Robbie, your time is up.

6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Fine post 👍🏻

The last 5 years remind me of an alcoholic (Levein, Cathro, Neilson) promising (weekly) that they're going to get their sh!t together.

The latest screw-up was the last: I'm done with the drink! I know where I'm going wrong! I can see clearly now! Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life!

Following weekend ... spotted in the woods surrounded by two empty bottles of vodka, giggling away to himself.

The wife (Budge) - who assures everyone who's criticising him that he's a good person - doles out the 100th apology on his behalf, convincing only herself that he promised her it would never happen again - and he really means it this time.

Edited by MCW1976

part_time_jambo

Just read Neilsons comments and l’m astounded at his apparent inability to grasp the severity of the situation. Another poster used the word “deluded”. That’s spot on.

• davemclaren changed the title to 'We should be happy' ( merged )
5 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Go to your account and then Ignored Users and add them in.

Footballfirst
8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

In terms of these loans can I ask you a question FF, while accepting you many not know the answer. I'm assuming these are personal loans that Ann Budge made to Heart of Midlothian, a business which she controls under the umbrella of BidCo. So, for those loans to be agreed who actually gave the go ahead from HMFC for these to go ahead, as everything done in the name of HMFC is effectively signed off by Ann Budge.

Any loans would have to be approved by the Board. Given AB's roles as chairman, majority shareholder and appointer in chief for the rest of the Board, I don't think that she would be overruled.

As a shareholder myself, I would like to know a bit more on how the finances looked at the half year mark and the projections for the rest of the year, but didn't get the opportunity for such information to be shared at the closed AGM.

The Club is currently privately owned and operated, by dint of AB's control of 92.5% of the Club's shares, so there is not a lot that can be done to question the way forward, even by FOH, although they should be party to regular updates of management accounts from their representation on the Board.

Even when FOH acquires the majority shareholding, its hands off approach to governance will mean that the Club will continue to operate as if it was a privately owned company with the Club Board having the freedom to make any decisions it wants, barring a move from Tynecastle, changing the club's name or colours, none of which are going to concern them.

FOH should be setting the the strategic direction and principles for the club. In essence, what sort of club we wish to be. The Club Board would then be expected to follow that general direction.  In my ideal world, the Club's executive and Board members would all be on fixed term and performance related contracts.  

3 hours ago, jambo191 said:

If he is going to stay, we really need to start sending out somebody else to do these post match interviews.

Another shocker.

Each time he has been asked what do you do to fix the blip - ‘stick together’.

Useless.

That's actually not the problem & the least of our worries. 

We need to just send him out - the door!

portobellojambo1
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Any loans would have to be approved by the Board. Given AB's roles as chairman, majority shareholder and appointer in chief for the rest of the Board, I don't think that she would be overruled.

As a shareholder myself, I would like to know a bit more on how the finances looked at the half year mark and the projections for the rest of the year, but didn't get the opportunity for such information to be shared at the closed AGM.

The Club is currently privately owned and operated, by dint of AB's control of 92.5% of the Club's shares, so there is not a lot that can be done to question the way forward, even by FOH, although they should be party to regular updates of management accounts from their representation on the Board.

Even when FOH acquires the majority shareholding, its hands off approach to governance will mean that the Club will continue to operate as if it was a privately owned company with the Club Board having the freedom to make any decisions it wants, barring a move from Tynecastle, changing the club's name or colours, none of which are going to concern them.

FOH should be setting the the strategic direction and principles for the club. In essence, what sort of club we wish to be. The Club Board would then be expected to follow that general direction.  In my ideal world, the Club's executive and Board members would all be on fixed term and performance related contracts.  

Thanks for your reply. It does to a large extent mirror the manner in which I was envisaging how things happened. That is that as the major shareholder, in the guise of Bidco, Ann Budge determined money held under the guise of Bidco would be transferred to the Heart of Midlothian Footbal Club, to then be decide upon by the board of the football club, over which she held total control, so she in essence made the decision on behalf of the football club to determine if her own loan, plus any interest involved, was acceptable. It all just sounds very convenient to me, a sort of I'll move money from a to b, and when b make the repayment I'll score some additional cash out of this. Despite the number of people on the FOH committee with a tax background you can only imagine if they were in any way involved, or needed to be involved in the yes/no decision.

In my line of work, from which I recently retired, I was involved in the Financial Services industry, and dealing with complaints relating to corporate/individual pensions business. And in dealing with those complaints you often came across situations where shortly prior to retirement, and prior to the end of a tax year, company directors had made loans to their company. This was before the pensions reforms then meant that tax free cash was calculated on a 25% basis. Through the means available you could then check Companies House and find information on the loans. It was surprising, or there again maybe not surprising, how often these loans were made shortly before retirement, and information also showed relating to these same directors then receiving huge salary increases, whereby on retirement the tax free cash then paid out to them more than covered the loans the relevant directors had made to their companies. A tax evasion, certainly is one of the things that went through your head, or was it just that they were very crafty and knew exactly how to play the system.

As for your final paragraph again it sound awfully like what I foresee/hope for as the starting point for the future. In as muc as once the shares transfer the business is deemed to be starting afresh, that business being the Heart of Midlothian Football Club. As such the new major shareholding could determine the existing board of the football club to be null and void, lay down the parameters for what would be expected from an elected board to run the football club and look to reappoint some/appoint new persons, all persons who have been made aware of the business requirements going forward, the terms of their contracts, the limits of their control etc. etc. Effectively a brand new start, a brand new football board and hopefully the start of a better future for the club.

13 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

It is what it is it's now fans against the board and probably FOH as well.

Unbelievable how we've ended up here thought those days were gone.

What a shambles entirely of our own making.

Words fail me

I agree, but if you think about it, it was Budge that decided it had to be Neilson to get us out this shit league. She paid Dundee United compensation to recruit him when, with the resources we have, you or I could have managed the team out of the league....and I’m being serious. Why did she bin Stendel? I suspect he told her ‘like it is” and she wanted someone to cosy up to , hence her pal. A shambles of her making no one else!

glynnlondon
24 minutes ago, Holtie said:

I agree, but if you think about it, it was Budge that decided it had to be Neilson to get us out this shit league. She paid Dundee United compensation to recruit him when, with the resources we have, you or I could have managed the team out of the league....and I’m being serious. Why did she bin Stendel? I suspect he told her ‘like it is” and she wanted someone to cosy up to , hence her pal. A shambles of her making no one else!

No disagreement from me that Budge is the root cause of our numerous problems.

10 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Great post.

13 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

Has anyone heard anything from Savage ?

Why is it Budge and Neilson all I've heard ?

More to the point, why have we not heard from our Chief Executive? Have we even heard from him since we saw him for the first time in the TV programme?

siegementality
10 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Well said.

As for his bona fides - there are numerous threads on here tonight which have been very active - in which he has been totally absent. 

He only appears on threads/posts in which he can have an arguement. 

FFS do not let him know there are threads he isn’t spamming, some of us enjoy the peace.

Just now, siegementality said:

FFS do not let him know there are threads he isn’t spamming, some of us enjoy the peace.

:rofl:

Sorry.

15 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not to mention the expected " shortfall" this season.

Aberdeen expect a £6m gap, Rangers are turning over shares like Tory mp's give out contracts and Celtic have burnt through about £30m of cash reserves. 

We'll Be ok tho, there will be generous folk just willing to fund any gaps we may have.

If Ann just chucked it, we'd be in big trouble.

Totally disagree - they've pissed any financial gain her and the benefactors may have brought to the table.  Mr Anderson has oversaw an incredible financial success for over 30 years, He'll know what a basket case investment looks like.

No one will ever convince me otherwise,  that some one has made an absolute fortune supplying us with players, that as my auld boy used to say , "couldn't kick a door huddin it by the handle"

The endless line of marquee signings ala Malaury Martin (Just one look at his club list) Oshinawa a fraud,  Loic Damour 4 year deal for a bang average 29 yer old frenchman whose played at NO LEVEL WHATSOEVER and had more clubs that Jack Nicklaus though not as many as Malaury . I mean who even are Frejus Saint-Raphael. Do they make wine????

Take a look at where some of our "back Catalogue" are playing - Most nowhere tbh 

Ironically we probably bulleted, the best of them after a fight wi Cathro (that alone blew my mind) He didn't look like he'd argue over a rich tea biscuit, but another guy we took an age to get rid!!!!!!

Mrs Budge has oversaw the appointment of the last 5 managers and as such has to take some responsibility at some point surely - If it was me I write off the 3.5 million through sheer embarrassment !!!!

Anyway FWIW I say their time is over and its only stubbornness keeping them there(remember our last rabbit in the headlights interview at St Johnstone- "I can still turn this round"). They will have to clear their desks sooner or later of that there is no doubt as no one, as the last 5 years prove, has a clue what they are doing. We continue to regress and now risk being done in the championship (who most say is the meekest in years)  all we've got to do is lose our last 5 games - Impossible... probably but do you want to find out about heart and desire under this regime ???

Everyone in the support knows it !!!   Anyone who watches or has played football at any level knows it - change is required on every level that's - Boardroom - Academy - Scouting Sport Science/Fitness and especially first team manager 

Carry on digging guys you'll hit Australia eventually, oh and when you get there ask Gowser about the proud club you've absolutely trashed 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Totally disagree - they've pissed any financial gain her and the benefactors may have brought to the table.  Mr Anderson has oversaw an incredible financial success for over 30 years, He'll know what a basket case investment looks like.

No one will ever convince me otherwise,  that some one has made an absolute fortune supplying us with players, that as my auld boy used to say , "couldn't kick a door huddin it by the handle"

The endless line of marquee signings ala Malaury Martin (Just one look at his club list) Oshinawa a fraud,  Loic Damour 4 year deal for a bang average 29 yer old frenchman whose played at NO LEVEL WHATSOEVER and had more clubs that Jack Nicklaus though not as many as Malaury . I mean who even are Frejus Saint-Raphael. Do they make wine????

Take a look at where some of our "back Catalogue" are playing - Most nowhere tbh 

Ironically we probably bulleted, the best of them after a fight wi Cathro (that alone blew my mind) He didn't look like he'd argue over a rich tea biscuit, but another guy we took an age to get rid!!!!!!

Mrs Budge has oversaw the appointment of the last 5 managers and as such has to take some responsibility at some point surely - If it was me I write off the 3.5 million through sheer embarrassment !!!!

Anyway FWIW I say their time is over and its only stubbornness keeping them there(remember our last rabbit in the headlights interview at St Johnstone- "I can still turn this round"). They will have to clear their desks sooner or later of that there is no doubt as no one, as the last 5 years prove, has a clue what they are doing. We continue to regress and now risk being done in the championship (who most say is the meekest in years)  all we've got to do is lose our last 5 games - Impossible... probably but do you want to find out about heart and desire under this regime ???

Everyone in the support knows it !!!   Anyone who watches or has played football at any level knows it - change is required on every level that's - Boardroom - Academy - Scouting Sport Science/Fitness and especially first team manager 

Carry on digging guys you'll hit Australia eventually, oh and when you get there ask Gowser about the proud club you've absolutely trashed 

Still not answered the questions I'd want answered before a change of ownership. 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Still not answered the questions I'd want answered before a change of ownership. 

What question is that? How incompetent are you Mrs Budge......Oh Grossly

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

What question is that? How incompetent are you Mrs Budge......Oh Grossly

How will we pay her and fund the covid £ gap this year and improve the team next year if she leaves now.

22 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Good post, we've  been screwed by those we trusted, claiming to be Hearts people and one in particular, who was on radio Scotland yesterday smuggly giving his expert opinion on Hearts problems. At least we knew what Romanov was.

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

How will we pay her and fund the covid £ gap this year and improve the team next year if she leaves now.

Like any other business we cut our cloth accordingly - So we can't sign players of a "pedigree" you sign players you can afford two defenders for a grand a week Tom O'Brien Arbroath and The boy Murray at the pars - Im sure either could outshine the boy Popescu easy enough

Auld Reekin'
16 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Not a single team in Scotland, in any league, would have worries about coming to Tynecastle to play us.

This is the most damning fact of all, and one I agree with* given how atrociously inept, weak, and gutless we are at this moment.

(*Assuming you're talking about senior, junior, and lowland and highland leagues, and not Sunday amateurs and the like. We're still better than that, just about! We are, aren't we...???  :ermm: :whistling: )

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Like any other business we cut our cloth accordingly - So we can't sign players of a "pedigree" you sign players you can afford two defenders for a grand a week Tom O'Brien Arbroath and The boy Murray at the pars - Im sure either could outshine the boy Popescu easy enough

So the objective is just to get rid of Ann, even if we get worse in the short term. 

For me, I'd want any change to make us better, or at least with that in mind. 

Cutting out cloth and having less money won't do that so that is why I'm not for removing Budge at this time. 

Robbie is a different matter Ofc, we could replace him with McInnes for example and in theory be making a step forwards. 

7 hours ago, Holtie said:

Stendel did seem to quickly weed out players who he felt weren't giving 100% or were undermining him, and added younger players into the mix to generate some energy. He must have spotted something that was causing our turgid playing style. 

If Budge keeps reverting to type when hiring, having tried Stendel and not liked it, I worry how effectively we can change this apparently endemic problem - Neilson went quite quickly from getting us playing to producing teams stuck back in the same tired, predictable style. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So the objective is just to get rid of Ann, even if we get worse in the short term. 

For me, I'd want any change to make us better, or at least with that in mind. 

Cutting out cloth and having less money won't do that so that is why I'm not for removing Budge at this time. 

Robbie is a different matter Ofc, we could replace him with McInnes for example and in theory be making a step forwards. 

Ann has to fall on her sword she would have to in any other business.

"Worse in the short term" we've just been beaten by Broara and QOS are you having a laugh?

The Financial repercussions can be dealt with 

We are going nowhere under her, she has become a liability. Getting shot will instantly make us better as she would no longer be making poor decisions.

We probably will limp over the line and get promotion but I fear we'll be having the same conversation in a 6 months time!

McInnes Meh! 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Tosh is not a troll. He’s just clueless about football and trying to deflect from the fact.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Ann has to fall on her sword she would have to in any other business.

"Worse in the short term" we've just been beaten by Broara and QOS are you having a laugh?

The Financial repercussions can be dealt with 

We are going nowhere under her, she has become a liability. Getting shot will instantly make us better as she would no longer be making poor decisions.

We probably will limp over the line and get promotion but I fear we'll be having the same conversation in a 6 months time!

McInnes Meh! 

We're still on for promotion tho and don't see how cutting our cloth helps us deliver a better team for next season under robbie or whoever. 

In fact, less money will Likley essen our appeal if we are replacing Robbie. 

Agree reference McInnes, he was just an example.