'We should be happy' ( merged )

Jambo_Gaz

The Treasurer
21 minutes ago, iainmac said:

People will be along to tell you that he didn't mean it that way, just like the Man City / Man Utd comments earlier in the week. 

We're being treated with utter contempt. 

Every time he opens his mouth there are less and less people able or willing to try and defend him

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Is he having some sort of mental breakdown?

He seems to be trying to induce one among fans.

On top of the painful experience of watching the team we have to suffer comments like this. 

It is crazy to get phased off  about the worst defeat in our history followed just 4 days later by our first defeat to Queen of the South since 1962? I plead crazy!

Add in the most costly cup defeat in our history and he’s going down as the biggest loser we’ve ever employed 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Every time he opens his mouth there are less and less people able or willing to try and defend him

Look at this thread! 😍

Doctor FinnBarr
28 minutes ago, iainmac said:

People will be along to tell you that he didn't mean it that way, just like the Man City / Man Utd comments earlier in the week. 

27 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Bingo! 

Why exactly are you congratulating yourself on a post you made?

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

kingantti1874

He’s lost his ****ing mind. 

dunfermline lost

alloa lost

arbroath draw

brora rangers lost

qos lost

qos draw

morton draw

raith lost

inverness Lost

that is a disgusting list of failure, we have had at most 2 good performances all season. Dundee in the opener and Raith away (who were utterly burst after pumping us 3 days before).

Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Why exactly are you congratulating on a post you made?

Because I had no sooner posted than the one above tried to give Neilson some context. 

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Tell that to the usual apologists on here!

14 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Neilson has the memory retention of a goldfish. He seems to only remember how shite we’ve been for the last five days, completely ignoring the week before that, and the week before that, and the week before that, etc, etc....

i think your correct

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Because I had no sooner posted than the one above tried to give Neilson some context. 

:vrface:

29 minutes ago, BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA said:

Tbf, the context he said that was that him and the players should be enjoying it and playing with freedom as a result of being so far ahead... so I don’t think it’s to fair to pull him up on that comment.

But all the rest is bat sh** crazy of course and he should resign in the summer.

That's how I interpreted it, but once the pitchforks are out...

GorgieRules22
Just now, Nobreath said:

That's how I interpreted it, but once the pitchforks are out...

We’ve been shite for months though not just the last 5 days 

Cruickie's Moustache

Worst thing in the world is 'professional' football people dissing the fans. Strachan did the same while Scotland manager.

They think we know nothing about the game. However many have been watching all their lives. Some will have played at a decent level, others will have coached at various levels. Just because you were lucky as a player or manager to get a paid  gig doesn't allow you to dismiss the views from the terracing.

By now the championship should have been sewn up and we should have been giving youngsters game time to develop them. 

Instead we are wondering if and when we can get our next win.

Frankly RN could win the Champions League and he would still not get my respect.

He has lost the dressing room and the fans. 

If he knows football like he implies, then just go before you make a bigger fool of yourself!

glynnlondon
6 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I have a theory that given budge is planning to hand over the club and take a step back in the summer, she is maybe the one putting names to statements, so that Savage and McKinlay are not associated with the mess. All a theory of course, and not saying I agree with the strategy.

Possible mate anything is possible with the club at the minute.

Broke my heart to do it but I've heard enough about how we are going to do this and that , this transfer window this change of signing policy.

Summer may well be to late for many ( if it happens )

They need to act now imo

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He’s lost his ****ing mind. 

dunfermline lost

alloa lost

arbroath draw

brora rangers lost

qos lost

qos draw

morton draw

raith lost

inverness Lost

that is a disgusting list of failure, we have had at most 2 good performances all season. Dundee in the opener and Raith away (who were utterly burst after pumping us 3 days before).

That reads like something from us in late 70s early 80s 🙈🙈🙈

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

We’ve been shite for months though not just the last 5 days 

I know, that's got nothing to do with what I understood Neilson to be saying. 

I want rid of Neilson asap, but for feck sake we don't have to invent more shit to pile on him, he's made more than enough for himself.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, glynnlondon said:

Possible mate anything is possible with the club at the minute.

Broke my heart to do it but I've heard enough about how we are going to do this and that , this transfer window this change of signing policy.

Summer may well be to late for many ( if it happens )

They need to act now imo

Totally agree.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Look at this thread! 😍

I’m not defending him. I’m interpreting what he said and it’s pretty clear that the ‘we’  in the context means the team. There’s plenty stuff to pile onto him for without making stuff up. 😄

38 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I'll try drinking a lot more and see if that works.

I'll report back...

Good idea.  I'll join you.  :cheers:

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I'm not really sure where I stand these days. 

I was gutted when Stendel left, and really annoyed at the way we didn't even tell him before appointing Neilson.  I thought he deserved a fair crack at the whip, and he would have probably negotiated terms that would have been favourable for us in the Championship.  We really, really need to stop the revolving door of change at this club. Actually have a chance at building instead of constantly ripping it up and starting again. 

That said, I was actually quite happy with Neilson's appointment. He done amazingly in his first spell, the Championship season was just all out attack, hungry for goals, great to watch. We came up and done a good job in the Premiership, and I was a bit gutted when he left.  I thought we would kick back into gear and start showing the same sort of stuff this time around. 

But it's been turgid. The first game of the season, when we won 6-2, I thought "We are going to piss this at an absolute canter" and thought he was going to pick up where he left off.  It is definitely grinding to a halt, and I don't understand why it's going so wrong, so quickly.

The loss to Brora was unacceptable, but I thought we would kick on today and get back on track, but apparently that isn't the Hearts way. 

Is Robbie fully to blame?  Quite possibly, and he has to take ultimate responsibility. Is it the players? Again, it could be that we're just not getting people with the right attitude on the pitch. Although we are quite well clear at the top, surely even he can see that something isn't right here, and the players must see it too. 

Something is horribly wrong here.  I feel like a Kickback XI could give Hearts a good run for their money at the minute.

The thing that hurts the most is the complete lack of desire that we're showing at the minute, along with the shite displays of what passes for football.  It needs addressed, and urgently.  It might be a new manager coming in, but I'm worried that there is something much deeper that means ultimately anyone could be in charge, and not much would change. 

Budge is the issue. Too fekkin nice for her own good.

Not removing Neilson now means he will get another window to bring in duds and come xmas we'll be crying for change but by then our season will be over,not relegation but bottom 6 material for sure.

The reality is there is virtually nothing that Budge or Neilson or the FoH can say right now that will appease anyone other than Neilson is out and we are appointing a new coach. 

so I wished they would just stop speaking. I also do not want to hear a single player speaking to the press this week, talking the same pish that we have heard for four years. 

My working assumption is that the board are giving Neilson until the end of the season to finish what he was asked to do, win the league, while already lining up his replacement. 

It will be a real shock considering the mistake Budge made with Levein, and the sheer rage of the support that they will allow Neilson to undertake the massive rebuild and then start next season. It is far far too risky. 

Auld Reekin'
Just now, Maple Leaf said:

Good idea.  I'll join you.  :cheers:

🍻 :toasting::olly::stantoned:

:booze:

Auld Reekin'
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Budge is the issue. Too fekkin nice for her own good.

Not removing Neilson now means he will get another window to bring in duds and come xmas we'll be crying for change but by then our season will be over,not relegation but bottom 6 material for sure.

I admire your optimism.  :icon14:

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not defending him. I’m interpreting what he said and it’s pretty clear that the ‘we’  in the context means the team. There’s plenty stuff to pile onto him for without making stuff up. 😄

Who is making stuff up? 

Your interpretation is just as bad.

I thought I'd explained that? 😂

davemclaren
Just now, iainmac said:

Who is making stuff up? 

Your interpretation is just as bad.

I thought I'd explained that? 😂

In your opinion. But from your interpretation the two we’s he used in the same sentence look to mean mean different things as the ‘enjoying the football’ definitely relates to the players imo. 

I did get a B in my higher English you know. 😉

siegementality
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be honest if that interview is about how him and the players feel then he deserves to be piled onto. He has failed to show empathy toward the Hearts support, because WE feel it a lot worse than anyone paid to be at the club.

He was asked after the Brora game if the fans deserved an apology. He said “yes” and has thus far failed to apologise. He is doing nothing to help his cause, in fact every time he speaks there is a bigger disconnect with the Hearts support. He just needs to go.

thecarnbeejambo

oh dear robbie who advised you to come out with that coment.. ffs..its been eye bleeding..we either have absolute shite players or an absolute shite coaching staff who could not manage a piss up in a brewery.. mmmm...

shaun.lawson

Oh Robbie. Robbie Robbie Robbie. :facepalm:

He's locked in a mindset which is horribly, horribly common in football - at a certain (mediocre) level anyway. 

Most footballers go through their careers trying to put bad results immediately behind them and just focusing on the next match. And on a season's target. Hearts' target this season? To win the Championship. 

Among many, many players and managers, that results in a kind of... tunnel vision really. To have become pros in the first place, they've had to beat the odds and the doubters again and again and again. And that mentality just continues: meaning they end up rejecting even constructive criticism, let alone the nastier, personal stuff. 

Robbie has no sense of the bigger picture. None at all. He's known bad times and good times in his career - so he thinks this is just another bad time, and things will turn. Again, huge numbers of footballers have this sort of attitude: "We messed up today, we'll put it right next time", that sort of thing.

That's all he meant with the Man Utd/Man City comments too. He said that the sentence after describing Hearts supporters as maybe the best in the world. Hearts, as a club, go through wild ups and downs - so he was trying (and failing) to supply perspective. Because this is just another low... right?

Wrong. It's much, much, much more serious than that. This is Hearts' worst side in 40 years, and worst period overall since that time too. But as he sees it, his job is just: win the league. The league will be won, so he can't see what's wrong beyond that.

And that, as much as anything else, is why he needs to go. Because just like Ann Budge, there's no vision there. No sense that Hearts are a big club and that with our budget, we should be rampaging all over this poxy division and putting most opponents to the sword. It's just "job done" - and at this level, that isn't good enough in any way. 

One other thing. The lack of media training here is startling. Handling the media and not constantly putting your foot in it is a big part of the job - and he's been a manager for 7 years now. Every time he opens his gob, he makes it worse. But there's clearly nobody at the club who advises him on this at all. Which is all just a further reminder of what a bunch of amateurs are running the club - and why they all need to go. 

Bazzas right boot

I'm beginning to warm to  Robbie again. He's also been a bit rigid, he's really letting himself go in the last few interviews.

He's Cleary just trolling a certain section of the fans now.

It's like he has plotted his revenge for the plane stunt and now his plan is taking shape.

Get promotion done and then lets **** with everyone's one heads.

Even He can't even believe the things he's saying. It Can be the only explanation.

He's got a sense of humour tho, one thing he was accused of lacking.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56552027

"It's crazy that we're sitting here 13 points clear and we're talking about this. We should be happy, we should be enjoying the football, but the last four or five days have made it difficult."

This is what we're up against. Ffs. 

Just need to get back to how we were playing three weeks ago 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈. Even Budge said it was poor at that point. 

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

He's locked in a mindset which is horribly, horribly common in football - at a certain (mediocre) level anyway. 

Most footballers go through their careers trying to put bad results immediately behind them and just focusing on the next match. And on a season's target. Hearts' target this season? To win the Championship. 

Among many, many players and managers, that results in a kind of... tunnel vision really. To have become pros in the first place, they've had to beat the odds and the doubters again and again and again. And that mentality just continues: meaning they end up rejecting even constructive criticism, let alone the nastier, personal stuff. 

Robbie has no sense of the bigger picture. None at all. He's known bad times and good times in his career - so he thinks this is just another bad time, and things will turn. Again, huge numbers of footballers have this sort of attitude: "We messed up today, we'll put it right next time", that sort of thing.

That's all he meant with the Man Utd/Man City comments too. He said that the sentence after describing Hearts supporters as maybe the best in the world. Hearts, as a club, go through wild ups and downs - so he was trying (and failing) to supply perspective. Because this is just another low... right?

Wrong. It's much, much, much more serious than that. This is Hearts' worst side in 40 years, and worst period overall since that time too. But as he sees it, his job is just: win the league. The league will be won, so he can't see what's wrong beyond that.

And that, as much as anything else, is why he needs to go. Because just like Ann Budge, there's no vision there. No sense that Hearts are a big club and that with our budget, we should be rampaging all over this poxy division and putting most opponents to the sword. It's just "job done" - and at this level, that isn't good enough in any way. 

One other thing. The lack of media training here is startling. Handling the media and not constantly putting your foot in it is a big part of the job - and he's been a manager for 7 years now. Every time he opens his gob, he makes it worse. But there's clearly nobody at the club who advises him on this at all. Which is all just a further reminder of what a bunch of amateurs are running the club - and why they all need to go. 

Welcome back. Your posts are long, but always worth reading.  OK, almost always. :wink:

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm beginning to warm to  Robbie again. He's also been a bit rigid, he's really letting himself go in the last few interviews.

It's like he has plotted his revenge for the plane stunt and now his plan is taking shape.

Even He can't even believe the things he's saying. It Can be the only explanation.

If you listen to the interview you can hear the desperation in his voice, he’s not trolling anyone I’m afraid. 

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Bingo! 

:wtf:

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is there a link to his interview?  I haven't read it or seen it anywhere.  

I'm glad he's retaining his sense of humour because he's sure as hell killed mine!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Cantona style. 

I don’t think you should be encouraging illegal actions. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you listen to the interview you can hear the desperation in his voice, he’s not trolling anyone I’m afraid. 

aye, it's ****ed.

Next victim. McInnes?

If Ann chucks it, we'll likely be ****ed for the next 5 years as we recover from the Covid losses.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Is there a link to his interview?  I haven't read it or seen it anywhere.  

I'm glad he's retaining his sense of humour because he's sure as hell killed mine!

I was being sarcastic, he's serious but it's eh, not.

1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56552027

"It's crazy that we're sitting here 13 points clear and we're talking about this. We should be happy, we should be enjoying the football, but the last four or five days have made it difficult."

This is what we're up against. Ffs. 

We're going to drop a lot more points between now and the end of the season.. 

Personally, I would prefer a manager who's not content with and makes no excuses for failure, no matter (and in this case especially considering) the opposition.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:rofl:

Defo some trolling going on here but it's not from Neilson. 

I like him winding people up. Should do it more often. 

Shame he hasn't worked out how to wind up the players yet. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:rofl:

Defo some trolling going on here but it's not from Neilson. 

Have a bit of humour, it's an acknowledgment that he is talking mince.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Is there genuinely something wrong with him? His footballing brain has gone backwards as has his media skills and general PR

What happened to the energetic forward thinking young rookie that first came here and had us playing cracking exciting football?

This is the problem with incessantly sticking with guid Scottish laddies as manager. They all eventually clam up and coach to keep their jobs and stop taking risks or trying something different 

• davemclaren changed the title to 'We should be happy' ( merged )