Who’s Cancelling their Monthly.

alwaysthereinspirit

12 minutes ago, Sid said:

Be very clear. It was her cheque and her  cheque alone which saved the club. From there a lot of us have contributed to attempt to rebuild the club. Two different things and the point I was making, that first point should give her respect and not be subjected to personal abuse. The rebuilding the club has had its problems, some of it down to her decisions but I don’t think that merits personal abuse. 

She’s been thanked a million times for it, and us hearts supporters have done our bit financially and continue to do so.

I agree the personal abuse is wrong and if she doesn’t like it then all she has to do is step aside. Simple.

However, the longer she stays and the longer she persists with “her decisions “ then this type of behaviour will not go away.

Rightly or wrongly, everything she gets now is self inflicted.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jr ewing

• Smith's right boot

• iainmac

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

jr ewing
34 minutes ago, sac said:

She’s been thanked a million times for it, and us hearts supporters have done our bit financially and continue to do so.

I agree the personal abuse is wrong and if she doesn’t like it then all she has to do is step aside. Simple.

However, the longer she stays and the longer she persists with “her decisions “ then this type of behaviour will not go away.

Never too late to change. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, jr ewing said:

Never too late to change. 

She doesn’t get to refuse to change forever, while implying that she might. She’s had more than enough chances

Italian Lambretta
37 minutes ago, sac said:

She'll be hoping the shutdown of stadia continues because as soon as the Hearts fans are allowed back in to Tynie it will be carnage.

It will be a sad ending she had a great legacy but her stubborn approach and inability to delegate the football side of the business to anyone other than Levein has ruined it all.

It will be a messy end.

Edited by Italian Lambretta
3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We'd sell more than 4k with Gary O'connor managing us. People will be dying to get back to football stadiums.

I reckon about 12k.

Not it Neilson is still in place -  6k maximum.

43 minutes ago, sac said:

How do the numbers work on “step aside”? Do you know how financially stable that would leave us?  I don’t and worry a bit about it. 
“everything she gets  (ie personal abuse) is self-inflicted”. 

I don’t agree with that. She has made several mistakes but none of which deserve personal abuse. 

4 minutes ago, Sid said:

How do the numbers work on “step aside”? Do you know how financially stable that would leave us?  I don’t and worry a bit about it. 
“everything she gets  (ie personal abuse) is self-inflicted”. 

I don’t agree with that. She has made several mistakes but none of which deserve personal abuse. 

In my second sentence you’ll see that I say the personal abuse is wrong.

But I’ll reiterate, she is bringing this upon herself.

clanmac

Got my email from gocardless this morning saying it's cancelled.not happy but enough enough.

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Okay back to topic.

Who's cancelling next?

I haven't yet.   I actually cancelled around the time Levein appointed himself as manager and lied to the supporters.  It was around this time I was trying to get my mortgage so it wasn't the sole reason for cancelling.  I started up again when Levein was fully removed from the club and I had no intention of cancelling ever again.  I will keep it going for now and hope Neilson is gone by May/June. 

jr ewing
6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I haven't yet.   I actually cancelled around the time Levein appointed himself as manager and lied to the supporters.  It was around this time I was trying to get my mortgage so it wasn't the sole reason for cancelling.  I started up again when Levein was fully removed from the club and I had no intention of cancelling ever again.  I will keep it going for now and hope Neilson is gone by May/June. 

We live in hope. 

gregzy2k7
5 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We'd sell more than 4k with Gary O'connor managing us. People will be dying to get back to football stadiums.

I reckon about 12k.

Don't agree mate, The football has been rubbish under RN, and if he remains who is going to rush back to tynecastle to watch that crap? only the most die hard of die hards imo.

iainmac
3 hours ago, Sid said:

Be very clear. It was her cheque and her  cheque alone which saved the club. From there a lot of us have contributed to attempt to rebuild the club. Two different things and the point I was making, that first point should give her respect and not be subjected to personal abuse. The rebuilding the club has had its problems, some of it down to her decisions but I don’t think that merits personal abuse. 

It wasn't actually. AB only agreed to write the cheque when FoH had gathered 6000 pledgers. This was before the GoCardless system was in operation but she could see that there were enough fans prepared to put their own money in to pay her back. Only then did she agree to stump up the £2.5M, so it was, in effect, a joint operation.

I agree about the personal abuse - no need.

NANOJAMBO
Just now, JamboAl1965 said:

how do you cancel, can't see a link and you can only reduce to £10

Just cancel the DD on your banking app. You'll get a confirmatory email from GoCardless to confirm. 

iainmac
9 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

how do you cancel, can't see a link and you can only reduce to £10

Email rewards(at) foundationofhearts.org or contact your bank.

ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Don't agree mate, The football has been rubbish under RN, and if he remains who is going to rush back to tynecastle to watch that crap? only the most die hard of die hards imo.

We've heard this every season for the last 5 or so. Going to games or paying to watch them online or whatever is why people support Hearts - through good and bad times. What's the point otherwise? 

jr ewing
26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We've heard this every season for the last 5 or so. Going to games or paying to watch them online or whatever is why people support Hearts - through good and bad times. What's the point otherwise? 

Too many bad times on the last 5.

bawheed
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

It wasn't actually. AB only agreed to write the cheque when FoH had gathered 6000 pledgers. This was before the GoCardless system was in operation but she could see that there were enough fans prepared to put their own money in to pay her back. Only then did she agree to stump up the £2.5M, so it was, in effect, a joint operation.

I agree about the personal abuse - no need.

And get 6% interest where in the UK would you get that, and don't get me started on the nepotisim under her charge.

Brother gets the new stand contact, nephew runs Sky Bar......it goes on and on.

Edited by bawheed
10 minutes ago, bawheed said:

And get 6% interest where in the UK would you get that, and don't get me started on the nepotisim under her charge.

Christ! They’re worse than gyppo’s, and we’re in it for nothing other than the product on the park. Taken for mugs springs to mind.

Edited by sac
bawheed
4 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

The Hobos must be laughing their heads off at the pledges being cut.

There laughing at Heart's for sure but it's about how much cash time and effort has been wasted by current

administration.

Edited by bawheed
jr ewing
7 minutes ago, bawheed said:

There laughing at Heart's for sure but it's about how much cash time and effort has been wasted by current

administration.

And we'll be back. 

iainmac
14 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I think they might be having a wee snigger at Arbroath, Brora, QoS results..........

ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, bawheed said:

The alternative was no club, no stand, no Sky Bar... which would you prefer? Budge has made mistakes like all our owners but she's the only owner in my lifetime (Mercer, Robinson, Romanov, Budge) who I honestly believe has the best interests of the club at heart. Mind you as a genuine fan of the club that has probably clouded some of her decisions. I'm sure if any of us got to the position of owning the club we supported that would happen to us too.

Edited by ToqueJambo
jr ewing
48 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I'm not cancelling. Endy story for me .

Endy ? Okay.

bawheed
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

The alternative was no club, no stand, no Sky Bar... which would you prefer? Budge has made mistakes like all our owners but she's the only owner in my lifetime (Mercer, Robinson, Romanov, Budge) who I honestly believe has the best interests of the club at heart. Mind you as a genuine fan of the club that has probably clouded some of her decisions. I'm sure if any of us got to the position of owning the club we supported that would happen to us too.

The bar and the stand were paid for by fans, AB has had more than her fair share of cash for her investment.

Obviously reluctant to move on and keen to increasing the debt, makes the 6% interest more appealing.

Great business sense.

jr ewing
4 minutes ago, bawheed said:

The bar and the stand were paid for by fans, AB has had more than her fair share of cash for her investment.

Obviously reluctant to move on and keen to increasing the debt, makes the 6% interest more appealing.

Great business sense.

Wish I could find 6% interest only  0.6% just now. 

Nookie Bear

No Sky Bar?!?!?

I've changed my mind and quadrupled my FoH contribution.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, bawheed said:

administration.

They also forget we are making mistakes when we are on the brink of being promoted and, if we make one or two wise decisions over the next week or two, can bounce back stronger.

We will laugh last and will laugh longest.

ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Great business sense.

I'm pretty sure Budge would have made a lot more money with different investments and spending the last 6 or 7 years trying to make money in other ways instead of spending all her time trying to run Hearts for no salary!

jr ewing
26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They also forget we are making mistakes when we are on the brink of being promoted and, if we make one or two wise decisions over the next week or two, can bounce back stronger.

We will laugh last and will laugh longest.

Only a blip. 

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

I'm not cancelling. Endy story for me .

Hats off to you for your clever use of Scots vernacular. 👏👏👏

2 hours ago, bawheed said:

?

2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Endy ? Okay.

I will not be cancelling my DD, and at the same time would not criticise anyone who is cancelling or who has never contributed.

One thing is is clear, AB needs to take her coat of the peg , put it on , go through the door, close it , walk away and keep walking. 

GinRummy

People arguing that we should support through good and bad times are completely missing the point. Of course we should but the difference between other bad times and now is there is absolutely no need for it to be a bad time. We have funding that almost all other clubs outside the OF could only dream about but the money we are putting in is being wasted. The fans are being ignored. 

manaliveits105
13 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Especially our resident troll ones who help stir crap like this up 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

We’d be laughing at them if they were piling in cash for the abject shite we’re getting served up 

Weebroon98

I cancelled mine and gave the money to  big hearts

Jeffros Furios
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sky Bar :cornette:

jr ewing
1 hour ago, Weebroon98 said:

Great idea. 

GinRummy
1 hour ago, Weebroon98 said:

Upped my monthly donation to Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
48 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Sky Bar :cornette:

:lol:

NUMBER ONE ON TRIP ADVISOR, YOU’LL NEVER SING THAT

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:lol:

NUMBER ONE ON TRIP ADVISOR, YOU’LL NEVER SING THAT

I mean its scaping the barrel coming out with pish like that 😀

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
On 28/03/2021 at 17:08, OldGorgie said:

Fairly obvious that FOH contributions are helping the club stay afloat. Benefactors money is extraordinary income that could disappear at any time. 

if true then just another example of how poorly we have been run

queen Ann shrewd business women - queen of hearts 

:(

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We’d be laughing at them if they were piling in cash for the abject shite we’re getting served up 

correct - compared to usual it’s been a side-splitting time for the hibs fans - laughing their heads off at their Scottish cup triumph being gift-wrapped by neilson - our demotion - the revolving door of players and managers - Alloa - Brora - the unfinished over-budget stand - the documentary ....

they’ve rarely had it so good - with friendly little hearts first in line to congratulate them or cheer them on as Edinburgh’s standard bearers

sad times :(

norrie1952
15 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hats off to you for your clever use of Scots vernacular. 👏👏👏

Cheers