SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

18 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

Thinking back to previous club boards that were failing the club this badly. Some my age will remember being at a raucous public meeting of angry fans in The Penthouse Suite (no go-go dancers that night...) in the late 1970s. Journalist and author, the late John Fairgrieve, spoke with passion to those assembled and was on fire that night. The Bobby Parker board back then was aimlessly circling the drain much like the current one, an underachieving club in decline, yo-yo'ing between the SPL and what was then the 1st Division, as we now threaten to do. Archie Martin came in and steadied the ship, and then Wallace Mercer in after him. I would kill for a Mercer figure right now.

In the 70s my old man met Parker on a train going to Berwick for a cup tie and almost battered him.

That board was inept beyond belief , even by current "standards". 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

David Black
21 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

Thinking back to previous club boards that were failing the club this badly. Some my age will remember being at a raucous public meeting of angry fans in The Penthouse Suite (no go-go dancers that night...) in the late 1970s. Journalist and author, the late John Fairgrieve, spoke with passion to those assembled and was on fire that night. The Bobby Parker board back then was aimlessly circling the drain much like the current one, an underachieving club in decline, yo-yo'ing between the SPL and what was then the 1st Division, as we now threaten to do. Archie Martin came in and steadied the ship, and then Wallace Mercer in after him. I would kill for a Mercer figure right now.

Was there and remember putting money in a bucket to buy advertising space in the EEN. I agree re Wallace Mercer, the best owner in my lifetime supporting Hearts,

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It’s the “others” who are running things that’s the problem!

Quite

FOH being ripped apart on various social media platforms.

This really does feel like a seismic shift that's happening.

The fans are united in disgust at the acceptance of failure from the players, the coaches, the manager, the owner and now FOH.

Time for FOH to stop messing around, buy Budge out then listen to what we have to say.

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Think back to the LEVEIN OUt message and it’ll tell you why it’s like that 🤣

ive missed that one. What was that all about

tokyowalnut
4 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Perhaps one of the key points would you trust him to sign more players? His signings have been shocking.

The longer we drag it on. Its becoming Levein 2.0

A really important point. The answer is no, I don’t! We have signed absolute dross since he came back, also not convinced with the signings Savage has had a part in. Worrying all round! 

Gimme an H...
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

The fans are united in disgust at the acceptance of failure from the players, the coaches, the manager, the owner and now FOH.

Time for FOH to stop messing around, buy Budge out then listen to what we have to say.

Last sentence is how I feel. We might be being heard but they're not listening. This isn't knee jerk, it's been a long time coming and those that watch every week can see it clear as day. 

sandylejambo
41 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

I was there

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Correct, can’t afford to ignore the loyal support any longer. 

12 minutes ago, Cade said:

In my opinion, the 2 FoH reps should resign from the Club Board in protest until the shares are handed over. Put some distance between them & this absolute shambles & retain a bit of dignity.

People *might* restart their pledges if they took some action.

Edited by iainmac

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Quite right too. They should be the main organisation calling into question what's happened. Instead it's just another lily livered statement

16 minutes ago, David Black said:

Was there and remember putting money in a bucket to buy advertising space in the EEN. I agree re Wallace Mercer, the best owner in my lifetime supporting Hearts,

mercer was in the main tremendous. Feking well hated the wee team. With a vengeance. How it should be from the top. Time for this club to get its heart back and rid itself of this nice picnic time attitude. It’s seeping through the club like a virus and look at the state of the place. Like a Sunday sermon at the Kirk.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

mercer was in the main tremendous. Feking well hated the wee team. With a vengeance. How it should be from the top. Time for this club to get its heart back and rid itself of this nice picnic time attitude. It’s seeping through the club like a virus and look at the state of the place. Like a Sunday sermon at the Kirk.

In comparison to Budge who had Leeann around for a cup of tea and tour of how we do things I know what I prefer. 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, flem said:

In comparison to Budge who had Leeann around for a cup of tea and tour of how we do things I know what I prefer. 

I wonder if they opted for salmon and cucumber or tuna Mayo on their afternoon tea sandwiches 

27 minutes ago, David Black said:

Until the "fat Tory b*stard" days...

Don't get me wrong, Mercer pulled the club out of the mire, but then stagnated. Budge has done the same, but in a much shorter time.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Boris said:

Don't get me wrong, Mercer pulled the club out of the mire, but then stagnated. Budge has done the same, but in a much shorter time.

At least Mercer seemed to actually care about results.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
24 minutes ago, Cade said:

:pleasing:

very very :pleasing:

budge ouT

I keep hearing about how unacceptable recent results are from club management and executives----- Yes--we bloody know it's unacceptable--- my question is--- What are you going to do about it?

And saying "I owe you an apology" is not an apology!

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

At least Mercer seemed to actually care about results.

Oh, indeed. Genuinely not having a pop at him. But by the end, feelings were running high too.

Arguably we've probably never been as stable since.

But heyday Mercer was class!

19 minutes ago, Cade said:

No wonder. AB committed other people's cash (millions of it) to fund a ludicrously over budget new stand and those guys never called her out. That set the tone for what AB could get away with.  I never expected them to be at war with her but at the same time they allowed her to get away with murder - all of it on other peoples dollar, never hers .  And this is where it's got us. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Boris said:

Oh, indeed. Genuinely not having a pop at him. But by the end, feelings were running high too.

It was the best

Berra than you
1 minute ago, noskillson said:

I keep hearing about how unacceptable recent results are from club management and executives----- Yes--we bloody know it's unacceptable--- my question is--- What are you going to do about it?

And saying "I owe you an apology" is not an apology!

Like they don't know the meaning of the word unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Right now I would take stagnation in the Premier league! It’s not been stagnation under Budge - it’s been a disastrous slide into a complete shambles!

HEARTS FOREVER
20 minutes ago, iainmac said:

In my opinion, the 2 FoH reps should resign from the Club Board in protest until the shares are handed over. Put some distance between them & this absolute shambles & retain a bit of dignity.

Bit  late for them now after that shambolic statement today. They should resign.....and leave it at that. 

Edited by HEARTS FOREVER

Central Belt 1874
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No wonder. AB committed other people's cash (millions of it) to fund a ludicrously over budget new stand and those guys never called her out. That set the tone for what AB could get away with.  I never expected them to be at war with her but at the same time they allowed her to get away with murder - all of it on other peoples dollar, never hers .  And this is where it's got us. 

100%

The removal of Budge and anyone on the board aligned to her must be Hearts fans No. 1 priority now.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

At the end of the day the one tangible asset we will be left with after the Budge era is the new stand with comprehensive corporate facilities that SHOULD put us in good stead for the future.

JudyJudyJudy
32 minutes ago, Cade said:

👍

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Right now I would take stagnation in the Premier league! It’s not been stagnation under Budge - it’s been a disastrous slide into a complete shambles!

Not disagreeing!

"Everyone associated with the Club feels let down."

Let down by whom?   What is Budge's definition of "associated with the club"  

This statement, of sorts, is a nothingness.  I do not expect anything different come QotS.

Just now, Thomaso said:

At the end of the day the one tangible asset we will be left with after the Budge era is the new stand with comprehensive corporate facilities that SHOULD put us in good stead for the future.

The fans paid for it, they bailed out ABs ego. IMO it's nowt to do with the "Budge era" , she didn't gift it to the club.

I'm not having a go at you.

2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

This statement, of sorts, is a nothingness.  I do not expect anything different come QotS.

"Everyone associated with the Football Department  feels let down."

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The fans paid for it, they bailed out ABs ego. IMO it's nowt to do with the "Budge era" , she didn't gift it to the club.

I'm not having a go at you.

TBF to her she arranged for a £3m gift from her contact and made the decision to press the button on the new stand. Imagine if we were sitting here today with that millstone of the old stand around our neck.

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It was the best

It was. Simpler times, perhaps, the sort of "fin de siecle" of football that we were fortunate enough to experience.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

TBF to her she arranged for a £3m gift from her contact and made the decision to press the button on the new stand. Imagine if we were sitting here today with that millstone of the old stand around our neck.

Agreed.

Worrying about what to do with the old stand used to keep me awake at night.

That seems a long, long way from what's happening now though.

Just now, Thomaso said:

I'm going to call a halt on this because this episode just typifies what has been going on. 

And Scotland battled for a decent point so I want to stay in a good mood. 

6 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

An attempt to lump everyone together despite the fact not everyone is responsible. ****ing pathetic and predictable. Bit like the team in fairness.

Auldbenches
18 minutes ago, Boris said:

Vlad and Robinson seemed to have had heydays but this regime haven't given us anything.  

She will never bring success now. 

Edited by Auldbenches

27 minutes ago, iainmac said:

If they are for the fans then that should be what happens. This isn't acceptable and its apparent Ann needs to be under no illusions of where the fans stand on this. 

If neither are willing to resign in protest, then I think we really need to have a look among ourselves about getting some fans who have stronger personalities willing to put themselves forward who will push the fan perspective on the board hard. 

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Leslie Deans would be perfect. During the demotion saga last summer he summed up the feeling of the fans time and time again succinctly and with passion. Being a qualified solicitor and former owner of the club, he could not be more qualified to be on that board. He'd fight the fans corner tooth and nail, of that I have the utmost confidence. 

Ann needs a no man on the board, its becoming more and more clear the FOH are in lockstep with Ann on everything which is not healthy. 

I've already tagged @SaughtonJambo as he seems to be in contact with Deans, but hopefully he'll consider it. Desperately need someone on that board to be telling Ann that its not all rosy. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm going to call a halt on this because this episode just typifies what has been going on. 

And Scotland battled for a decent point so I want to stay in a good mood. 

Not sure what you mean? 🤔

We are in a massive hole and  it’s rotten from the top to the bottom and I’m now really worried how long this will take to us to get out of it, it’s just f*****g depressing 

6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Vlad and Robinson seemed to have had heydays but this regime haven't given us anything.  

She will never bring success now. 

Don't disagree! The current regime is dead.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Did you run OUt of capital T's? 🤔 

If that’s a sign of things to come at the plaza protest it is going to be phenomenal comedy and will take laughing stock status to hibs blowfish levels 

Im picturing bbc Scotland news reporter: “reporting live at the Tynecastle protests, police riot squads have been deployed” interviewing a fan in that t shirt. 

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Danny Wilde said:

Yep. 

Mercer had real vision. Even amid the most unthinkably awful times, he knew Hearts had major potential and, in Scottish terms, were a sleeping giant. He was a brilliant businessman (for the most part, at least) and had the passion, drive and love of the game and club which football owners really need.

What I find a bit weird, though, is this. He ended up running out of money; so did his two successors in different ways. But the lesson at Hearts over the last 40 years is: we have to show real ambition. We have to behave like a (in Scottish terms) 'big club'. Because if we don't, we just kill the club with apathy and miserable lack of direction instead.

Whisper it, but for whatever reason, living within our means doesn't suit us - and we end up doing incomprehensibly worse than we naturally should. A club Hearts' size should never finish below 5th in the top division and should be in Europe every other year. It boggles my mind that the current regime have so many financial advantages yet have messed up to this undreamt of extent.

Toxteth O'Grady
4 hours ago, iainmac said:

It's because, not for the first time, they just don't get it. 

So far out of touch, it's unreal.

I include the Board, FoH & RN in that. 

They can stick their statements where the sun don't shine. 

Ann had never been in touch.

She doesn’t get football, she doesn’t like fans. Heart of Midlothian is in the wrong hands. 

Robbo-Jambo
19 minutes ago, One five said:

We are in a massive hole and  it’s rotten from the top to the bottom and I’m now really worried how long this will take to us to get out of it, it’s just f*****g depressing 

It is not going to be a quick fix that's for sure because as you say the problems are rife right through the club at all levels. 

It should never been allowed to get to this stage and it looks like it could be a long road back. 🙁

fabienleclerq
27 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We'd be sitting here with a wad of cash saved up to do something about it! It's cost a ridiculous amount. 

glynnlondon
Just now, graygo said:

:cornette:

My face last 5 years mate.

We are run as a project from Levin changing the face of Scottish football to AB family friendly football department nowt to do with me.

There's no change on the horizon just more of the same.

Club has been telling us this will be different that will change year upon year yet here we are.

Neilson will be here next season we'll sign whoever we do but I suspect it will be more of the same players who fall below par.

We'll bumble along probably finish bottom 6 and be told that consolidation in the top division is the priority.

Don't think we'll be relegated but we continually under achieve with little to no accountability so who knows.

We are a listless club who play pedestrian football.

Crying shame but we are what we are.

9 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

We'd be sitting here with a wad of cash saved up to do something about it! It's cost a ridiculous amount. 

Do what about it? You do realise we HAD to urgently build the new stand or a new nursery would have scuppered any development plans for ever!

Edited by Thomaso

28 minutes ago, OTT said:

If they are for the fans then that should be what happens. This isn't acceptable and its apparent Ann needs to be under no illusions of where the fans stand on this. 

If neither are willing to resign in protest, then I think we really need to have a look among ourselves about getting some fans who have stronger personalities willing to put themselves forward who will push the fan perspective on the board hard. 

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Leslie Deans would be perfect. During the demotion saga last summer he summed up the feeling of the fans time and time again succinctly and with passion. Being a qualified solicitor and former owner of the club, he could not be more qualified to be on that board. He'd fight the fans corner tooth and nail, of that I have the utmost confidence. 

Ann needs a no man on the board, its becoming more and more clear the FOH are in lockstep with Ann on everything which is not healthy. 

I've already tagged @SaughtonJambo as he seems to be in contact with Deans, but hopefully he'll consider it. Desperately need someone on that board to be telling Ann that its not all rosy. 

The club needs representation on the board who aren't simply "yes men".

The current board isn't fit for purpose either at exec or non exec level  and it needs to be addressed. There is no hand brake on ABs behaviour - the board are nodding dogs and James Anderson/FOH  bails out her failures.