SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Indeed.

The situation at Hearts has been an absolute disgrace for 5 years now. And unlike in the late 70s/early 80s, it's not because of a horrific financial situation imperilling the club's very existence. It's because of one of the worst cultures of complacency I've ever seen anywhere in football. 

When Hibs fans would boast about their club's finances while getting humiliated on the pitch year after year, we'd laugh at them. They were a joke. That is us now. We're the joke. We're a laughing stock. And we're a reflection of the owner's personality: too nice, too soft, too plain weak. Weak as piss. 

At Hibs, the rot under Petrie went on, and on, and on... and only when Leeann Dempster came in did things finally start to change. Hearts need a completely fresh start under someone else: someone who's actually interested in winning silverware, not Statement Leagues; someone who isn't so scared by what happened under Romanov that they're terrified of showing any ambition at all; someone who regards our current Championship status as the absolute embarrassment it undoubtedly is; someone who expects the team to play with commitment and with style; and someone whose response to the worst result in the club's history (arguably, the worst result for any Scottish club against domestic opponents in all of history) would be to get rid of the manager responsible in about 6.8 seconds.

Ann Budge does not get it. She just doesn't get it. Vladimir Romanov, who almost killed the club FFS, actually understood the fans and the club far better than she ever will. Football is NOT just about business and the bottom line; it's about pride, passion and being the best you can be. That pride, passion, history and community is what kept Hearts alive, and is prompting righteous fury and indignation now. It needs to be harnessed, not condescended to. She has no idea about any of this - and neither, incomprehensibly, do the Foundation of Hearts.

There used to be a football club at Tynecastle, interested in winning things. Now there's a soulless, hollow, corporate farce. You cannot treat a fanbase the way Budge's Hearts does. It's taking the piss in a very big way.

👏👏👏 in a nutshell

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, theshed said:

Hearts have made things worse with these statements as I’m now even more pissed than when I woke up this morn 

This.

I thought as the day went on I would feel better but it’s not the case.

Gordon Ramsay
7 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Yep and exactly the same on Facebook, the worm has definitely turned. 

It's reached fever pitch now. This is Levein levels of anger. Quite right too. 

Something has got to give. 

Blackshades

I've not seen my daughter in Glasgow since October as I've stuck to the rules . I live in dundee and because of students at  dundee  university having a house party and st Patrick's day jolly on Madeline green dundee covid numbers have gone shooting up  .so a gathering outside does cause an outbreak and God knows when I will get to glasgow. So be under no illusions the government SFA  and the SPFL will throw the kitchen sink at us if there is the slightest trouble outside tynecastle  on Saturday . you only have to look at Bristol to see how quickly peaceful protest get quickly out of control

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

ExWS84EWQAUZUtl.jpeg

They would look good on the lamposts along Gorgie and McLeod Street if anyone has nothing better to do this weekend

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Blah blah blah you are by a country mile the biggest slaver on this forum. We have waited 2 days for a statement and when we did get them they are embarrassing and insulting to be polite. Have you ever considered taking time out from this forum. 

:spoton:

10 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Indeed.

The situation at Hearts has been an absolute disgrace for 5 years now. And unlike in the late 70s/early 80s, it's not because of a horrific financial situation imperilling the club's very existence. It's because of one of the worst cultures of complacency I've ever seen anywhere in football. 

When Hibs fans would boast about their club's finances while getting humiliated on the pitch year after year, we'd laugh at them. They were a joke. That is us now. We're the joke. We're a laughing stock. And we're a reflection of the owner's personality: too nice, too soft, too plain weak. Weak as piss. 

At Hibs, the rot under Petrie went on, and on, and on... and only when Leeann Dempster came in did things finally start to change. Hearts need a completely fresh start under someone else: someone who's actually interested in winning silverware, not Statement Leagues; someone who isn't so scared by what happened under Romanov that they're terrified of showing any ambition at all; someone who regards our current Championship status as the absolute embarrassment it undoubtedly is; someone who expects the team to play with commitment and with style; and someone whose response to the worst result in the club's history (arguably, the worst result for any Scottish club against domestic opponents in all of history) would be to get rid of the manager responsible in about 6.8 seconds.

Ann Budge does not get it. She just doesn't get it. Vladimir Romanov, who almost killed the club FFS, actually understood the fans and the club far better than she ever will. Football is NOT just about business and the bottom line; it's about pride, passion and being the best you can be. That pride, passion, history and community is what kept Hearts alive, and is prompting righteous fury and indignation now. It needs to be harnessed, not condescended to. She has no idea about any of this - and neither, incomprehensibly, do the Foundation of Hearts.

There used to be a football club at Tynecastle, interested in winning things. Now there's a soulless, hollow, corporate farce. You cannot treat a fanbase the way Budge's Hearts does. It's taking the piss in a very big way.

Excellent post 👏🏻👏🏻

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

You oot would be a good start Tosh! 😉

In fairness I have four of the usual suspects on ignore. It is a different board when you filter out the spammers. This place almost seems sensible as a result. You should try it.

You just don’t get it do you Mrs Budge, you just don’t feel it like I do.  I don’t want any more of your 3 or 5 year plans, I just want what I had until 4/5 years ago i.e.  a football club that has poor seasons, good seasons and sometimes great seasons. A club that I can watch home and away and regardless of the result, look forward to the next game. A club that doesn't need huge turnovers of playing staff every single year and a club that values the tens of thousands like me who do feel it. Surely, that isn't too much to ask for given the fantastic and loyal support the club enjoys, is it Mrs Budge? If it’s not then please do the right thing. However, before you leave yourself, remember to sack RN and his team before that door hits your erse on the way out.

Scott980612
12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Indeed.

This 😞

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

You just don’t get it do you Mrs Budge, you just don’t feel it like I do.  I don’t want any more of your 3 or 5 year plans, I just want what I had until 4/5 years ago i.e.  a football club that has poor seasons, good seasons and sometimes great seasons. A club that I can watch home and away and regardless of the result, look forward to the next game. A club that doesn't need huge turnovers of playing staff every single year and a club that values the tens of thousands like me who do feel it. Surely, that isn't too much to ask for given the fantastic and loyal support the club enjoys, is it Mrs Budge? If it’s not then please do the right thing. However, before you leave yourself, remember to sack RN and his team before that door hits your erse on the way out.

Well said 👍

OmiyaHearts
17 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Indeed.

We're a business with a football department. No longer a football club

Fourcandles

Translation of the statement ...

”I’m a tad upset too folks, anyway get over it I have already , now lets move on to much more important matters we need to change the sauce  in the prawn sandwiches for corporate guests

Thanks

A dotty old Granny.”

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Walter Kidd said:

If Neilson did go, which I doubt he will, do you trust the board to get the next appointment right?  I wouldn't trust them if they told me today is Thursday.  We have a board more interested in telling everyone our restaurant is the best in Edinburgh while our football team on the park is as bad as I can remember.  

We as fans are in the terrible situation whereby we can't make our voices heard due to a pandemic and we are forced to watch the same shite every week that we have been watching for 3 years now.  It's tiresome, extremely tiresome.  

Budge has to go.  She has turned Tynecastle into a library, the team into worse than a pub team and if it wasn't for the money her rich friends have stapped into the club a complete and utter failure.  We are left with a shiny stand that resembles an office block rather than a football club.  Even that isn't finished!  

I am done with the headspace Hearts have taken up in my head for too long now.  The only way to make change is to hit them in the pocket unfortunately and with regret I am out financially until we have new ownership and a new football structure.  If you keep repeating the mistakes of the past, you will never move forward.

Hearts, Hearts, Glorious Hearts.

Oh for a 'like' button on here. Read it and weep folks; Zico's nailed it completely.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

:greatpost:

Laughable statement from a laughable regime. FOH statement also laughable, but no surprise as they are intertwined with the current regime. Budge is clueless about running a football club, and I have no faith in things getting better when she leaves. 

Lkx3D9CBREqb28yiOgGX_Hearts-FC-badge-copThoughts on only using a black and white badge on all social media accounts until Neilson is gone?

A pretty blatant way to protest him.

Edited by Sertse

shaun.lawson

The other thing that's so offensive about the statement is the implication that winning the worst Championship ever seen after playing like shit all season long is 'success'. Success? Success?!

Because y'know, Alloa and Arbroath are never easy places to go. :rollseyes: :rollseyes: :rollseyes: 

'This is unacceptable! Unacceptable I tell you!' Except through excuses, bullshit and keeping the manager responsible in place, it's already been accepted. And that is a how football club shrinks before our very eyes. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I had to go and check that FoH actually made a statement as the invisibility cloak they wear seems to be permanently enveloping them. I'm actually glad they acknowledge the pledge cancellations because that is a tangible response that people feel in control of.

A root and branch clear out at every level of HMFC is needed. It has never been more apparent than now.

Hearts will not see another penny of my money until the board take responsibility for Neilsons shocking performance & replace him.  

it’s ridiculous to paint this simply as a ‘bad result’. 
There has been problems at the Club for years now, & the sooner AB moves, the better for all concerned. 

37 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Yep and exactly the same on Facebook, the worm has definitely turned. 

Seeing posters on KB who have been supportive of the board for years turning away from them shows that this is not just a vocal minority but a large majority now wanting change. 

Ballitojambo
45 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Just catching up after work. Budge's statement really is laughable. Starts by saying the performance and result were unacceptable. Ends by saying we just need to accept it. If it is unacceptable, don't accept it and take action instead.

"Everyone associated with the Club feels let down." Well some of them shouldn't feel let down, because some of them were the ones that did the letting down.

I've said before that Budge doesn't have a clue about comms and that is so clear again. It read's as if it has only been put out because of the threat of a protest and wanting to ensure the club has been seen to have done something. But by doing so they have further alienated he fans. It is hardly high-level comms strategy to understand that if they felt they needed to ask fans to stay away, they should have split it into two statements. Put a statement out today addressing the anger of the fans. Then put a statement out tomorrow asking fans to stay away. It feels like every time something like this happens they thing 'what is the way we can communicate in the most antagonistic way'.

Of course, FOH then repeat all the same mistakes in their identikit message. They also think something is 'unacceptable' but don't seem to want to do anything about it. The statement talks about the fans as 'they' when FOH is a fans group, so should be talking about 'we' the fans. Then also feel the need to dedicate one of their three paragraphs to ask fans to stay away. Why? That message has already been sent out by the club, there is no need for FOH to repeat it. Again it just alienates the supporters.

The club is run by amateurs who seem to know nothing about running a football club or running a customer facing business. So depressing.

Spot on , total amateurs 

The FoH statement is arselickingly shite IMO - there's absolutely no strength in their words after our worst ever result.

FoH should be making me feel like I want to add to my pledge as opposed to me feeling like they're in Ann’s back pocket.

Robbie blames the relegation, GMS, Halliday, Kaesteneer and Gnando are all his top boys 🤣🤣

Walker I do not blame, sits on the bench each week, digs Robbie out the shite and is then back on the bench, a shite drive up to Brora and he gives him a token start - Robbie is a prick, total clueless prick.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

That statement is a disgrace. 

What happens when we lose again? Robbie is under constant pressure now regardless of us winning the league, every time we lose.

How can he respect the players?

How can the players respect him?

He is a lucky lucky guy, because if someone at the club had the backbone to rightfully pull the trigger, he would be looking at League 1 for his next club.

Disgraceful all round.

Edited by Siphiwe Tshabalala

39 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Let's just say I saw the writing on the wall last year. I'll leave it at that. 

Time to bring back the original founding members of the FOH then Iain. The current one at the helm is just a nodding dog to Budge. 

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Shaun.lawson in da house. How’s that lassie of countdown getting on Shaun. 

Where's he now ? In a hut in Upper Volta ? 

44 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Indeed.

outstanding post sir

28 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We're a business with a football department. No longer a football club

Have been for years.

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Time to bring back the original founding members of the FOH then Iain. The current one at the helm is just a nodding dog to Budge. 

It's Alex Mackie's Birthday today. 😀

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yup, but sadly not a prayer of this.

What FOH’s statement really said was:

”As usual, we’ve waited for Ann to publish a statement and then approve this one before saying anything, just to make sure we don’t upset her. We’ve included what looks like mild criticism/concern, the same as her, but we don’t mean it and none of it is aimed at her. Please don’t ask us to do anything meaningful. Anyway, pass the gravy Donald.”

Stopped reading it when it started "We welcome the statement"......just glossed over the rest.....Patsy's the pair of them...

No voice in the boardroom for them giving up their hard earned cash.....The FoH guys should be like shop stewards in the boardroom. Represent their members best interests. not taking the last chocolate biscuit off the plate.

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

He must be cringing at the current leadership or should I say lack of. 

Toxteth O'Grady

It’s a classic Budge statement - Don’t swear or be naughty. Don’t do anything at all. She is an out of touch clueless idiot who is harming us by the day. 

7 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Seeing posters on KB who have been supportive of the board for years turning away from them shows that this is not just a vocal minority but a large majority now wanting change. 

I said last night I would not buy my 3 family season tickets until Neilson was gone, however my FoH contribution was “for life” even after suffering the shite that Levein put us through!

After reading Budge’s patronising statement and the weak as pish water fawning FoH statement, they have driven me to despair and enough is enough - my FoH contribution will be cancelled tomorrow! 

11 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I’ve known Alex since our school days - he will be fuming! He was emptied out of his FoH brainchild as he was deemed to be too controversial and made his mouth go!

We have now ended up with a FoH Board that are nicey nicey and fit in as Budge’s lap dogs! Time to reclaim FoH Alex for the real fans!

Edited by Thomaso

19 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Where's he now ? In a hut in Upper Volta ? 

Posting on the page before this one. First time I’ve seen him in here in ages. 

Danny Wilde

Thinking back to previous club boards that were failing the club this badly. Some my age will remember being at a raucous public meeting of angry fans in The Penthouse Suite (no go-go dancers that night...) in the late 1970s. Journalist and author, the late John Fairgrieve, spoke with passion to those assembled and was on fire that night. The Bobby Parker board back then was aimlessly circling the drain much like the current one, an underachieving club in decline, yo-yo'ing between the SPL and what was then the 1st Division, as we now threaten to do. Archie Martin came in and steadied the ship, and then Wallace Mercer in after him. I would kill for a Mercer figure right now.

Edited by Danny Wilde

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I’ve known Alex since our school days - he will be fuming! He was emptied out of his FoH brainchild as he was deemed to be too controversial and made his mouth go!

We have now ended up with a FoH Board that are nicey nicey and fit in as Budge’s lap dogs! Time to reclaim FoH Alex for the real fans!

Well, we actually have his original model. We pay and others run things.

7 minutes ago, Danny Wilde said:

Thinking back to previous club boards that were failing the club this badly. Some my age will remember being at a raucous public meeting of angry fans in The Penthouse Suite (no go-go dancers that night...) in the late 1970s. Journalist and author, the late John Fairgrieve, spoke with passion to those assembled and was on fire that night. The Bobby Parker board back then was aimlessly circling the drain much like the current one, an underachieving club in decline, yo-yo'ing between the SPL and what was then the 1st Division, as we now threaten to do. Archie Martin came in and steadied the ship, and then Wallace Mercer in after him. I would kill for a Mercer figure right now.

yep remeber parker shutting up shop early one saturday evening shutter came down quick

StevenNaismith
Just now, Cruyff said:

Did you run OUt of capital T's? 🤔 

Think back to the LEVEIN OUt message and it’ll tell you why it’s like that 🤣

Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Think back to the LEVEIN OUt message and it’ll tell you why it’s like that 🤣

🤣 Fair enough. 

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well, we actually have his original model. We pay and others run things.

It’s the “others” who are running things that’s the problem!