SILENCE from the Board - Statement Issued ( updated )

Absolute Scenes

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yes.

Sorry I'll try to expand on that. I've long thought that sports fans, in particular football fans are a bit self entitled because they pay to watch a sport. My view is that paying your money entitles you to just that - watching the sport.

If fans stopped paying then the money to make the game professional would collapse. That includes those paying for TV too.

But since you're being pedantic, let me rephrase: without fans' money, professional football is nothing.

Edited by kila

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• graygo

• iainmac

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Radicalisation???

Many of the hallmarks are there.

I accept that there is a greater balance of considered views than you would find on, say a QAnon, forum. Nonetheless there is a lot of similar traits. Eg.

1. Binary views (e.g. you either hate the current setup or you are a conspirator....there is no middle ground).

2. Acceptance of views that reinforce a particular paradigm of the truth (eg. Budges statement did not seem unreasonable, considering the circumstances of a potential protest, however it has subsequently been dissected with all sorts of underlying messages or omissions being touted as evidence of betrayal).

3. Dehumanising the targets of abuse (whether it be Budge, Levein or Neilson, they have all demonstrated through their actions that they are loyal supporters of this club. Of course it is open for debate about their performances and continued roles and Kickback is the ideal platform for this discussion, however, some of the language used against them in the last 24 hours smacks of pure hatred, almost 1930s Germany).

4. Misinformation (there are numerous examples of posts stating “facts” which are just not evidenced and, in some cases completely conflict the accepted views eg. There have been no cases of COVID transmission between participants involved in outdoor sports - FACT, there have been no spikes in cases of COVID-19 caused by protests - FACT.)

Crikey, we even have COVID denying people shouting about protests being more important than a bit of flu.

I will no doubt get a torrent of abuse for this but it is just observation. I would fascinated to hear any other views.

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, RobboM said:

NEWSPEAK
New word definitions
"Unacceptable"
Able to be tolerated or allowed
Synonymns: Acceptable, Allowable, Justifiable, Defensible

:icon14:

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That kind of describes me. My sole input to FoH is to donate every month and read the threads on here. If they are, and I’m saying if because I don’t know, only able to echo the sentiments of the club, it seems like the fans who donate so readily have no voice at all. 

The only involvement most have had is the vote against the FoH recommendation to reduce the majority to allow the FoH shares to be sold.

Just now, OTT said:

True, its just when the fans aren't listened to and the realisation comes that Budge will do whatever the **** she likes and **** what the rest of us think

I get that. I think they are on the back foot now. For so long they've fobbed us off and given lip service to expectations and standards. 

If RN is still the manager in the summer the board will have to give him big backing in the transfer market. If not, they will have to back another manager. They need to put their money where their mouth is now because the supports not going to accept this shit.  

So it seems foh is also taking orders from Ann budge, what an absolute mess of a club we are. No wonder the players couldn't give a toss!

Well i have a messege for the foh without us there is no foh! You are doing your best to drive us all away.

5 minutes ago, kila said:

If fans stopped paying then the money to make the game professional would collapse. That includes those paying for TV too.

But since you're being pedantic, let me rephrase: without fans' money, professional football is nothing.

That pretty much exactly what I said.

"Football wouldn't stop without paying fans just that players wouldn't get paid for playing."

Anyway, I'm backing off from this thread now as things are bad enough without falling out with folk on here. 👍

Edited by graygo

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I get that. I think they are on the back foot now. For so long they've fobbed us off and given lip service to expectations and standards. 

If RN is still the manager in the summer the board will have to give him big backing in the transfer market. If not, they will have to back another manager. They need to put their money where their mouth is now because the supports not going to accept this shit.  

She's gone all-in on Neilson. There's no coming back from this.  He will be under the microscope in every single game and will get no mercy. 

Rick Sanchez

I really don't think they've misjudged the feeling of the fans. That documentary showed they like a browse of kickback.

They're probably cherry picking comments and gossiping about how much of a disgrace they are.

You can tell the feeling isn't going away so just deal with it now. She's not going to sack Neilson at the end of the season and have a celebratory hand over to the FoH soon after.

Keep dreaming.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, graygo said:

The content of the article isn't relevant to the reason I posted it.

Did I say it was? You posted it and I commented on it.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, I'd be ok if he was sacked. I don't think he will get the fans back on side now.

I did address wider concerns on another thread tho regarding the players and the financial  concerns if Budge was to leave.

Regarding this thread, the board are no longer silent, Plenty other threads discussing Robbie oot and opinions on who else to get oot.

yeah ur right slightly off topic so thanks for answering

i couldn’t remember what thread u said it on and a bit busy to ferret around the board

u can also use this as an example of where you changed your opinion if folk say you never do

welcome to the neilson out group bet you feel a bit less stressed already :)

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a massive chasm. If she acts now she can pull it all back with the right appointment. Sad to say she won’t. I won’t be withholding cash or protesting. Respect to those who do but I don’t donate fortunes a month and she’ll be gone soon enough if her stubbornness continues. Such a shame the way it’s turned out. 

I honestly thought she'd have had the EQ to have a statement out by lunchtime yesterday throwing Robbie under the bus. She caught the mood a few weeks ago and passed comment about the performances/results, so I thought in her usual measured way she was all over it, I guess though she didn't actually mean it and that was for for effect. She has an awful tendency to assume the support is made up purely of bams - just because I'm not munching on a prawn sandwich in the skyline doesn't mean I'm a witless fool and that goes for many that comment here.

VagabondJambo
49 minutes ago, Boris said:

I'm not really sure what more FoH could actually say.

It can't say sack RN, because it hasn't canvassed the membership on that.

One would hope that they are asking questions through their board representatives, but as an organisation, like you, I don't know how it's supposed to function in times like these. Call an EGM?

The club on the other hand, well...I think my view has been adequately represented on this thread!

I tend to agree with what you say.

Good points.

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I honestly thought she'd have had the EQ to have a statement out by lunchtime yesterday throwing Robbie under the bus. She caught the mood a few weeks ago and passed comment about the performances/results, so I thought in her usual measured way she was all over it, I guess though she didn't actually mean it and that was for for effect. She has an awful tendency to assume the support is made up purely of bams - just because I'm not munching on a prawn sandwich in the skyline doesn't mean I'm a witless fool and that goes for many that comment here.

Quite like a prawn sandwich 😀. Only kidding, unless she has something, or someone, up her sleeve she could lose the fanbase over this. 

Francis Albert

My draft of an FOH. Statement.

" We have just suffered the worst result in the lives of all our members and possibly ever in Hearts history. Not only is it unacceptable but cannot be accepted without action. The next £100k of FOH subs will.be used to complete the overdue purchase of Ann Budge's shares and deliver the controlling interest of 75.1% by FOH. We will then invite our members views on what needs to be done to restore some measure of respect and appropriate levels of performance to reflect the level of support for the club"

jambos are go!

I am a devoted and passionate Hearts supporter and always have been too forgiving of all Boards and Managers/ Coaches. 

But no matter what happens nothing will ever erase the fact that this catastrophe happened on the watch of  Ann Budge and Robbie Neilson.

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Did I say it was? You posted it and I commented on it.

No, you asked me questions about it which I never answered because of the irrelevance.

OmiyaHearts
24 minutes ago, Silverwolf said:

I accept that there is a greater balance of considered views than you would find on, say a QAnon, forum. Nonetheless there is a lot of similar traits. Eg.

1. Binary views (e.g. you either hate the current setup or you are a conspirator....there is no middle ground).

2. Acceptance of views that reinforce a particular paradigm of the truth (eg. Budges statement did not seem unreasonable, considering the circumstances of a potential protest, however it has subsequently been dissected with all sorts of underlying messages or omissions being touted as evidence of betrayal).

3. Dehumanising the targets of abuse (whether it be Budge, Levein or Neilson, they have all demonstrated through their actions that they are loyal supporters of this club. Of course it is open for debate about their performances and continued roles and Kickback is the ideal platform for this discussion, however, some of the language used against them in the last 24 hours smacks of pure hatred, almost 1930s Germany).

4. Misinformation (there are numerous examples of posts stating “facts” which are just not evidenced and, in some cases completely conflict the accepted views eg. There have been no cases of COVID transmission between participants involved in outdoor sports - FACT, there have been no spikes in cases of COVID-19 caused by protests - FACT.)

Crikey, we even have COVID denying people shouting about protests being more important than a bit of flu.

I will no doubt get a torrent of abuse for this but it is just observation. I would fascinated to hear any other views.

That's quite deep but its just just a bunch of angry football fans venting their spleen on a forum.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

23 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

She's gone all-in on Neilson. There's no coming back from this.  He will be under the microscope in every single game and will get no mercy. 

Yep, so she has to back him financially or he's even more ****ed. 

22 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

. She has an awful tendency to assume the support is made up purely of bams - just because I'm not munching on a prawn sandwich in the skyline doesn't mean I'm a witless fool and that goes for many that comment here.

I like the cut of your jib. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

It’s action we want not statements. Performances better lift starting Saturday. 

If they don’t we know the players have either downed tools. Which means they want RN out or they know they’re out the door or in some cases both or they are shite bags who can’t handle pressure and should be shown the door.

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

" We have just suffered the worst result in the lives of all our members and possibly ever in Hearts history. Not only is it unacceptable but cannot be accepted without action. The next £100k of FOH subs will.be used to complete the overdue purchase of Ann Budge's shares and deliver the controlling interest of 75.1% by FOH. We will then invite our members views on what needs to be done to restore some measure of respect and appropriate levels of performance to reflect the level of support for the club"

I suspect that’s the only way they will retain 100% of Subs. I’m still of the opinion they and AB think this will blow over, I think they’re mistaken this time.

glynnlondon
32 minutes ago, Silverwolf said:

TTKK

nWAbViR.jpg

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

this totally

eyesandears
4 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

It says a lot that the majority of fans hold more affection for Vladimir Romanov at this point. 

True. For all his faults Vlad at least fought FOR us and the club not against us like she is.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yup, but sadly not a prayer of this.

What FOH’s statement really said was:

”As usual, we’ve waited for Ann to publish a statement and then approve this one before saying anything, just to make sure we don’t upset her. We’ve included what looks like mild criticism/concern, the same as her, but we don’t mean it and none of it is aimed at her. Please don’t ask us to do anything meaningful. Anyway, pass the gravy Donald.”

glynnlondon
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Yup, but sadly not a prayer of this.

What FOH’s statement really said was:

”As usual, we’ve waited for Ann to publish a statement and then approve this one before saying anything, just to make sure we don’t upset her. We’ve included what looks like mild criticism/concern, the same as her, but we don’t mean it and none of it is aimed at her. Please don’t ask us to do anything meaningful. Anyway, pass the gravy Donald.”

:rofl:bout right

Does the foundation need some sort of fan liaison so fans have a point of contact where there is legitimate concerns around the club?

It just really feels like the foundation are totally out of sync with the feelings amongst the fans. This isn't a moment for words, its for action. Even if that action was to insist on a board meeting to discuss things. 

Robbie should be gone. Can almost guarantee he'll be pishing himself in the future about this wondering how the **** he kept his job. 

For all the 'it's just JKB' posters (who seem to be declining in number) take a look at Hearts twitter page and check the comments.

The fans have never been so united in wanting them gone. Big things are happening.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, a11ank said:

Just saw this gem of a quote from Robbie on the BBC website:

Head coach Robbie Neilson said he "totally understands" the frustration of the fans.

"But in the current times, I think it's highly inadvisable to go and do it [protest]," he added. "Yes, vent the frustration online, but definitely not gathering at this current time."

The 40-year-old denies he feared for his job after the chastening 2-1 cup exit, with Brora's previous competitive fixture coming in January.

"I was so disappointed, I was more interested in thinking about how we reacted with the team and made sure we moved forward," he said.

"That's what football is about. When you hit that bump, it's making sure you do the right things to get them going again.

"There will be nobody trying any harder than me to make sure that it gets put right."

So there you are.  That's football. It was just a bump!   Incredible!!!

Some Fans have made a massive own goal by trying to organise this protest on Saturday . It’s only deflected the myriad of issues about the team ,Budge and Neilson . They will love that . He’s a complete waste of space with that statement . Shocking really . “ bump “ ? It was more like Mount Everest on the road . 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Does the foundation need some sort of fan liaison so fans have a point of contact where there is legitimate concerns around the club?

Does it **** :lol:

It’s like that South Park episode where the fella comes out and says ‘any questions, direct them to that wall over there.’

Communication has reached a new low since we all figured out that the reps are spineless charlatans.

fabienleclerq

FoH statement doesn't bother me as such, they've had a wee pop at the coaches and players etc. They haven't canvassed opinion even  though its obvious what the majority think so its hard for them to say he needs sacked or threaten to with old cash etc. 

OmiyaHearts

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

For all the 'it's just JKB' posters (who seem to be declining in number) take a look at Hearts twitter page and check the comments.

The fans have never been so united in wanting them gone. Big things are happening.

With the FOH even acknowledging the cancelled pledges, it may have been significant.

Rocky jamboa
28 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Exactly what they should be coming out with. Push through the buyout of Budge, get our club back and start from scratch. 

Auldbenches
50 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She’s lucky there’s no fans in the ground because she’d be getting it tight, as would Neilson.

First game back, dog’s abuse

She won't attend the first home game if she hasn't sacked him.  They'll be hoping a couple of signings will appease the fans.  She won't have the guts to face the fans if he is still here.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Auldbenches said:

She won't attend the first home game if she hasn't sacked him.  They'll be hoping a couple of signings will appease the fans.  She won't have the guts to face the fans if he is still here.  

Sam Nicholson will probably be one of them. Nice and easy, already got his mobile number. Then some carthorse who Murray watched for five minutes on YouTube. Same old

Saint Jambo

Just catching up after work. Budge's statement really is laughable. Starts by saying the performance and result were unacceptable. Ends by saying we just need to accept it. If it is unacceptable, don't accept it and take action instead.

"Everyone associated with the Club feels let down." Well some of them shouldn't feel let down, because some of them were the ones that did the letting down.

I've said before that Budge doesn't have a clue about comms and that is so clear again. It read's as if it has only been put out because of the threat of a protest and wanting to ensure the club has been seen to have done something. But by doing so they have further alienated he fans. It is hardly high-level comms strategy to understand that if they felt they needed to ask fans to stay away, they should have split it into two statements. Put a statement out today addressing the anger of the fans. Then put a statement out tomorrow asking fans to stay away. It feels like every time something like this happens they thing 'what is the way we can communicate in the most antagonistic way'.

Of course, FOH then repeat all the same mistakes in their identikit message. They also think something is 'unacceptable' but don't seem to want to do anything about it. The statement talks about the fans as 'they' when FOH is a fans group, so should be talking about 'we' the fans. Then also feel the need to dedicate one of their three paragraphs to ask fans to stay away. Why? That message has already been sent out by the club, there is no need for FOH to repeat it. Again it just alienates the supporters.

The club is run by amateurs who seem to know nothing about running a football club or running a customer facing business. So depressing.

Auldbenches
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sam Nicholson will probably be one of them. Nice and easy, already got his mobile number. Then some carthorse who Murray watched for five minutes on YouTube. Same old

Itll be lafferty after killie get relegated.   It will be someone with a past connection.  

We are stuck with this shite for another couple of seasons. 

Tommy Brown
25 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

It’s action we want not statements. Performances better lift starting Saturday. 

We got beat by Raith on the Saturday (3-0 down) and responded on the Tuesday  with arguably our 2nd performance of the season.

The response lasted one game.

Futile.

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

We got beat by Raith on the Saturday (3-0 down) and responded on the Tuesday  with arguably our 2nd performance of the season.

The response lasted one game.

Futile.

Yip, good point. 

One poxy game it lasted. 

Radio Ga Ga
13 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Yep and exactly the same on Facebook, the worm has definitely turned. 

5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Just catching up after work. Budge's statement really is laughable. Starts by saying the performance and result were unacceptable. Ends by saying we just need to accept it. If it is unacceptable, don't accept it and take action instead.

"Everyone associated with the Club feels let down." Well some of them shouldn't feel let down, because some of them were the ones that did the letting down.

I've said before that Budge doesn't have a clue about comms and that is so clear again. It read's as if it has only been put out because of the threat of a protest and wanting to ensure the club has been seen to have done something. But by doing so they have further alienated he fans. It is hardly high-level comms strategy to understand that if they felt they needed to ask fans to stay away, they should have split it into two statements. Put a statement out today addressing the anger of the fans. Then put a statement out tomorrow asking fans to stay away. It feels like every time something like this happens they thing 'what is the way we can communicate in the most antagonistic way'.

Of course, FOH then repeat all the same mistakes in their identikit message. They also think something is 'unacceptable' but don't seem to want to do anything about it. The statement talks about the fans as 'they' when FOH is a fans group, so should be talking about 'we' the fans. Then also feel the need to dedicate one of their three paragraphs to ask fans to stay away. Why? That message has already been sent out by the club, there is no need for FOH to repeat it. Again it just alienates the supporters.

The club is run by amateurs who seem to know nothing about running a football club or running a customer facing business. So depressing.

Absolutely spot on in every respect.

Rocky jamboa

Dreadful statement from budge. Totally out of touch with the fans - or doesn't care. She'll be getting her 3 mil in June so won't be bothered anymore. 

1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Iain I believe you were well connected with the FOH at one point. I take it you no longer have this connection anymore. What ever the reason I don't blame you. 

Let's just say I saw the writing on the wall last year. I'll leave it at that. 

shaun.lawson
2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

I think there has been a misjudgement on the level of feeling on a massive scale.

Had we as fans been back in the stadium they would have known that the last 2months despite results there was a feeling of intolerance to the standard of performance and this has come to a head on Tues.

Its absolutely not about 1 result.

Indeed.

The situation at Hearts has been an absolute disgrace for 5 years now. And unlike in the late 70s/early 80s, it's not because of a horrific financial situation imperilling the club's very existence. It's because of one of the worst cultures of complacency I've ever seen anywhere in football. 

When Hibs fans would boast about their club's finances while getting humiliated on the pitch year after year, we'd laugh at them. They were a joke. That is us now. We're the joke. We're a laughing stock. And we're a reflection of the owner's personality: too nice, too soft, too plain weak. Weak as piss. 

At Hibs, the rot under Petrie went on, and on, and on... and only when Leeann Dempster came in did things finally start to change. Hearts need a completely fresh start under someone else: someone who's actually interested in winning silverware, not Statement Leagues; someone who isn't so scared by what happened under Romanov that they're terrified of showing any ambition at all; someone who regards our current Championship status as the absolute embarrassment it undoubtedly is; someone who expects the team to play with commitment and with style; and someone whose response to the worst result in the club's history (arguably, the worst result for any Scottish club against domestic opponents in all of history) would be to get rid of the manager responsible in about 6.8 seconds.

Ann Budge does not get it. She just doesn't get it. Vladimir Romanov, who almost killed the club FFS, actually understood the fans and the club far better than she ever will. Football is NOT just about business and the bottom line; it's about pride, passion and being the best you can be. That pride, passion, history and community is what kept Hearts alive, and is prompting righteous fury and indignation now. It needs to be harnessed, not condescended to. She has no idea about any of this - and neither, incomprehensibly, do the Foundation of Hearts.

There used to be a football club at Tynecastle, interested in winning things. Now there's a soulless, hollow, corporate farce. You cannot treat a fanbase the way Budge's Hearts does. It's taking the piss in a very big way.

31 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

If they don’t we know the players have either downed tools. Which means they want RN out or they know they’re out the door or in some cases both or they are shite bags who can’t handle pressure and should be shown the door.

Will be good to have that clarity.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Indeed.

The situation at Hearts has been an absolute disgrace for 5 years now. And unlike in the late 70s/early 80s, it's not because of a horrific financial situation imperilling the club's very existence. It's because of one of the worst cultures of complacency I've ever seen anywhere in football. 

When Hibs fans would boast about their club's finances while getting humiliated on the pitch year after year, we'd laugh at them. They were a joke. That is us now. We're the joke. We're a laughing stock. And we're a reflection of the owner's personality: too nice, too soft, too plain weak. Weak as piss. 

At Hibs, the rot under Petrie went on, and on, and on... and only when Leeann Dempster came in did things finally start to change. Hearts need a completely fresh start under someone else: someone who's actually interested in winning silverware, not Statement Leagues; someone who isn't so scared by what happened under Romanov that they're terrified of showing any ambition at all; someone who regards our current Championship status as the absolute embarrassment it undoubtedly is; someone who expects the team to play with commitment and with style; and someone whose response to the worst result in the club's history (arguably, the worst result for any Scottish club against domestic opponents in all of history) would be to get rid of the manager responsible in about 6.8 seconds.

Ann Budge does not get it. She just doesn't get it. Vladimir Romanov, who almost killed the club FFS, actually understood the fans and the club far better than she ever will. Football is NOT just about business and the bottom line; it's about pride, passion and being the best you can be. That pride, passion, history and community is what kept Hearts alive, and is prompting righteous fury and indignation now. It needs to be harnessed, not condescended to. She has no idea about any of this - and neither, incomprehensibly, do the Foundation of Hearts.

There used to be a football club at Tynecastle, interested in winning things. Now there's a soulless, hollow, corporate farce. You cannot treat a fanbase the way Budge's Hearts does. It's taking the piss in a very big way.

Dusk approves of this Lawson post. That’s how serious the situation is.

Tbf, Shaun had Budge worked out a while ago too.