Sarah Everard (Missing Woman)

Ritchez

Doctor FinnBarr
21 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Considering the number who have served, will serve, and do serve what are the numbers of police officers undergoing such charges. I am only interested I know such as the case presently in Minnesota that particularly where they are armed situations do occur, and are proceeded against but a flasher, rapist, murderer does seem a possibly low statistic. If it happens a lot I would be interested in seeing where I could research it, and the result of the Trials etc. Again I go back to my own time where many of us were fathers of daughters, and if we had such a person in our midst he would have been quietly dealt with and sagely counselled.

I do concede Bob that most likely 99% of police play properly but there was a case in Argyll 10 years ago (or more) back where a policeman murdered his partner so it does happen.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• Tazio

• The Real Maroonblood

• Francis Albert

8 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Jeez, I give in.

Was just away to quote that post , big difference between someone who delivers your letters and someone who through societal norms is expected to be seen as the person who keep you safe when around them. 

A person is a person however and it should be focussed on the individual not his position or employer unfortunately that is impossible when you have the media we do and social media where the one who shouts loudest is often best heard. 

6 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I do concede Bob that most likely 99% of police play properly but there was a case in Argyll 10 years ago (or more) back where a policeman murdered his partner so it does happen.

There was an ex inspector in Aberdeen did the same recently. It happens , it probably has a higher rate of individuals who commit these atrocities due to the nature of the power element that exists in those jobs. However it is still a tiny , tiny minority of individuals in these jobs who will commit them. 

1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Oh I am sure it does, its a totally different situation than I lived in. My main question about this murdering prick is how did his obvious disdain for women never get observed by one of his colleagues. Policemen speak to each other in fact in my time that was at work, socially and almost totally to policemen.No matter who you are or how smart you think you are when conversing regularly with the same people you will either introduce the subject or let it slip, but often the receiver will translate something that has been said, and discuss with others if they have ever had a similar experience and or concern. I find it surprising that a flasher, with murderous tendencies did not let it slip something significant at some time. If he did the fear of becoming some form of informant (rat) is nullified.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

There was an ex inspector in Aberdeen did the same recently. It happens , it probably has a higher rate of individuals who commit these atrocities due to the nature of the power element that exists in those jobs. However it is still a tiny , tiny minority of individuals in these jobs who will commit them. 

Yes I made a wrong sweeping statement, of course as one when retired and ageing one does incline to think only of their own days forgetting the changes time incurs.

Doctor FinnBarr
8 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Oh I am sure it does, its a totally different situation than I lived in. My main question about this murdering prick is how did his obvious disdain for women never get observed by one of his colleagues. Policemen speak to each other in fact in my time that was at work, socially and almost totally to policemen.No matter who you are or how smart you think you are when conversing regularly with the same people you will either introduce the subject or let it slip, but often the receiver will translate something that has been said, and discuss with others if they have ever had a similar experience and or concern. I find it surprising that a flasher, with murderous tendencies did not let it slip something significant at some time. If he did the fear of becoming some form of informant (rat) is nullified.

I understand fully what your saying Bob, when did you actually leave for Canada? Have things changed so much since "old skool" days?

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I understand fully what your saying Bob, when did you actually leave for Canada? Have things changed so much since "old skool" days?

Things have changed a hell of alot differently from Bob's time until now. Not all for the better imho.

14 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I left in April 1967, everything has changed, a lot of my old beats, offices etc gone, not even Edinburgh Police anymore. No contact other than one old neighbour friend  whom I have known since we were two or three years old, when my parents were both gone by 1982, my contact was totally lost didn't even have internet so no contacts that way. Somewhere around 1999 got my first PC, made contact with Bill Duffs son who is in the States, he had a web page about Hearts, he suggested I try a site called JKB I think, certainly this site, I registered and that is where I have kept up with all the news since. Have been back  a couple of times once when I brought the family home, when my Mum died, when I brought my son over, and when my daughter brought her daughter and I back after my cancer surgery and treatment in 2007. Will never return now, not worth it because in the last few years the demolition and new buildings change everything.

There were several other vigils in London last night that were just that and the police whilst attending stood off and let people do what they had come to do, pay respect. The main one has undoubtedly been hijacked. In the hours leading up to it I saw posts from groups on Twitter giving advice on what to do if questioned by the police and not to carry any ID as you then you don’t need to give your correct identity until you’re arrested etc. If I saw then it’s sure as hell the police did. 

Let the original vigil happen in peace
> No harm no foul, everybody gets off the streets after that one night and goes back online to email their MPs and Councillors about the issue.

Go in heavy handed
> Further, bigger protests today outside New Scotland Yard and in Parliament Square with probably more to come.

The Police chose to escalate the situation. De-escalation is supposed to be their feckin job.

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Once again.

Many other vigils were held across the nation after consulting with local police forces on how to hold them with respect to Covid guidelines.

The Metropolitan Police refused to give such consultation then went in heavy handed on the vigil.

Which, I remind you all once again, was at the site of the (alleged) abduction and murder of a woman by a serving Metropolitan Police officer.

They have scored a spectacular own goal here and anybody trying to defend them is wrong.

No great fan of the police, especially the many thugs in the met, but this was not a vigil in any way shape or form. 

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, Cade said:

Let the original vigil happen in peace
> No harm no foul, everybody gets off the streets after that one night and goes back online to email their MPs and Councillors about the issue.

Go in heavy handed
> Further, bigger protests today outside New Scotland Yard and in Parliament Square with probably more to come.

The Police chose to escalate the situation. De-escalation is supposed to be their feckin job.

Absolute nonsense. The protestors who just wanted a confrontation with the police escalated the situation. 

Despite it being the Met, they weren't to blame here. Lawbreakers were.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Absolute nonsense. The protestors who just wanted a confrontation with the police escalated the situation. 

Despite it being the Met, they weren't to blame here. Lawbreakers were.

Did these sort of protesters exist at the other sites where the police were not part of any escalation though?

I've not watched a lot of footage so just a genuine curiosity.

Peakybunnet
5 hours ago, His name is said:

Not during a pandemic where there is a lockdown in place!

Quite. looked a bit like rentamob had hijacked it. 

5 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Strange there wasn't  anyone  asking why the Met allowed the anti masker protest to go ahead in Traflagar Sq at the height of the pandemic.  Presumably the Met thought yesterday was  a battle they could win so was worth fighting for. 

Shame that this lassies death is being overshadowed by a bunch of shite, over eager police officers and arsehole protesters.

dobmisterdobster
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Strange there wasn't  anyone  asking why the Met allowed the anti masker protest to go ahead in Traflagar Sq at the height of the pandemic.  Presumably the Met thought yesterday was  a battle they could win so was worth fighting for. 

I don't think any protests should be going ahead. But if enough people turn up, there isn't a lot the police can do.

I watched a livestream of today's protests. They were non-violent but had barely anything to do with Sarah's death.

IMO, seeing as the family of the victim (the poor lass who has lost her life) asked for no vigils or any such displays to take place, any person attending one is an attention seeking arsehole. 

Genuine grievers would respect the families wishes, the fact so many turned out and trouble ensued just shows that people are dicks. 

There's no doubt in my mind many people turned out yesterday with the specific aim of furthering political agendas. 

The right to protest is entirely immaterial here as the family requested nothing should take place. 

A vigil is not a protest it is a remembrance of the life of the victim. 

I think it's disgusting people are linking this girls death with political rights and protests. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I left in April 1967, everything has changed, a lot of my old beats, offices etc gone, not even Edinburgh Police anymore. No contact other than one old neighbour friend  whom I have known since we were two or three years old, when my parents were both gone by 1982, my contact was totally lost didn't even have internet so no contacts that way. Somewhere around 1999 got my first PC, made contact with Bill Duffs son who is in the States, he had a web page about Hearts, he suggested I try a site called JKB I think, certainly this site, I registered and that is where I have kept up with all the news since. Have been back  a couple of times once when I brought the family home, when my Mum died, when I brought my son over, and when my daughter brought her daughter and I back after my cancer surgery and treatment in 2007. Will never return now, not worth it because in the last few years the demolition and new buildings change everything.

If I had the money Bob I'd be in Tenerife or the likes, country is a shithole......making sure I can get back to Tynie easily.

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Well said. 

There are parallels between the George Floyd 'trigger point' and the, at times, wanton vandalism and violence that occurred last summer.

Yesterday was the perfect toxic cocktail of social media's 'style over substance' method of distributing information, a desire to be outraged (not that there's anything wrong with being outraged by the death of the poor woman, rather the desperation some folk seem to have to attach themselves to such outrage) and folk been kicking their heels at home for too long because of lockdowns. 

George Floyds death really showed people up to be the arseholes that collectively we are. (We as in, humans)

The fact George Floyd was a known and convicted criminal is entirely immaterial to the fact he was (IMO) unlawfully killed by a couple of extremely over zealous policemen. 

There are people just waiting, watching, fingers and megaphones poised to jump on incidents like George Floyd and in this case, Sarah Everard. 

These people are ****ing sick. Selfish to the point of egotism, only interested in their own agenda, no matter how twisted. They could not give two hoots for the families of the victims or for the justice process that should be trying to bring those responsible to justice. Only their own agenda. 

I think its an incredible shame that this young womans' memory is now intrinsically linked to the selfish, self serving actions of these, for want of a better phrase, utter chunts. 

6 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

George Floyds death really showed people up to be the arseholes that collectively we are. (We as in, humans)

The fact George Floyd was a known and convicted criminal is entirely immaterial to the fact he was (IMO) unlawfully killed by a couple of extremely over zealous policemen. 

There are people just waiting, watching, fingers and megaphones poised to jump on incidents like George Floyd and in this case, Sarah Everard. 

These people are ****ing sick. Selfish to the point of egotism, only interested in their own agenda, no matter how twisted. They could not give two hoots for the families of the victims or for the justice process that should be trying to bring those responsible to justice. Only their own agenda. 

I think its an incredible shame that this young womans' memory is now intrinsically linked to the selfish, self serving actions of these, for want of a better phrase, utter chunts. 

Have to agree with the above. I think the police and politicians are abhorrent for trying to stop people’s right to protest. Even in the name of Covid the right to protest issues is important. However folk who just jump on any old reason to, as you say, grab a megaphone and create trouble in the name of what ever issue is trendy at the time are scum. Especially doing it during a peaceful vigel for a girl tragically killed.

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

99% agreed. Only I wouldn't even give them the credit of having an agenda. They are just seeking attention and enjoy shouting at things.

This could be their agenda.... 

48 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Life cannot be returned but in some degree of fairness with a settlement of $27,000,000 at least Floyds family will be able to live in a manner that their deceased relative could probably never have offered . Some small compensation if his life was important to them but helps. The police officer in question responsible for the murder by keeping his knee on Floyds throat is charged and in the process of Trial for said crime. 

There were also millions of dollars cost in the Floyd demonstrations after the murder, but no compensation to the small business shopholders who suffered damage to their premises and product stolen in the name of George. 

Some could feel the family were over compensated  considering Georges lack of employment and criminal record, but that was the decision. 

His violent death did stimulate the start of the Black Live Matter movement which is acknowledgement in many ways.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

👏

4 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Life cannot be returned but in some degree of fairness with a settlement of $27,000,000 at least Floyds family will be able to live in a manner that their deceased relative could probably never have offered . Some small compensation if his life was important to them but helps. The police officer in question responsible for the murder by keeping his knee on Floyds throat is charged and in the process of Trial for said crime. 

There were also millions of dollars cost in the Floyd demonstrations after the murder, but no compensation to the small business shopholders who suffered damage to their premises and product stolen in the name of George. 

Some could feel the family were over compensated  considering Georges lack of employment and criminal record, but that was the decision. 

His violent death did stimulate the start of the Black Live Matter movement which is acknowledgement in many ways.

I was not aware his family received that amount of money.  The officer in question is rightly being processed through the proper (one would hope) channels,. 

Your second point, I feel, reinforces my point that the megaphone users in these situations are never held accountable and the innocents, regardless of race etc, are the most punished. No compensation for losing your lifes work (shop keepers etc)? Family members hospitalised/killed by rampaging mobs? Collateral damage... And the band goes marching on.. Waiting for the next incident to bang their drum ever louder and more forcefully.. 

I'm not going to judge George Floyds lack of employment, criminal record. He was out at the time of his death therefore the law says he had served his time. (I'm a former prison officer and have had this argument, most notably with my wife actually, that if the law and courts say time served, then its time served. I might not necessarily agree on a personal level but if its legal then so be it.)

It is precisely the stimulus of the BLM and now probably many more organisations (shit stirrers appealing to and recruiting from the disenfranchised generation; they really have never had it so good) that keeps the perpetual motion engine of the protest against anything and everything movement/generation going. 

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Not even Lothian and Borders anymore. Ian Rankin in "Rather be the Devil" refers to Police Scotland as the Greater Strathclyde Police and notes that Edinburgh is now known in Police Scotland as the "Seventh Division" - "like a struggling football team".

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

99% agreed. Only I wouldn't even give them the credit of having an agenda. They are just seeking attention and enjoy shouting at things.

There is no doubt that they (BLM) have an agenda. The abolition of police forces. The overthrow of capitalism. And they are organised ... it isn't just spontaneous outrage.

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

👏

I just watched our news tonight and for the first time I saw the vigil. There were some genuinely serious people there mourning a loss, but there quite a few shots of males in hoodies acting what I would describe as aggressively, with what again in my opinion was only efforts to instigate violence and get a response from the police, the only film shown in my choice of TV station were actions by the police involving women, the hat I perceived as male troublemakers were not comprehensively shown. A bit of selective journalism I would opine. There was also film of women laying flowers at a spot in what. I would accept a an act of vigil. 

51 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I just watched our news tonight and for the first time I saw the vigil. There were some genuinely serious people there mourning a loss, but there quite a few shots of males in hoodies acting what I would describe as aggressively, with what again in my opinion was only efforts to instigate violence and get a response from the police, the only film shown in my choice of TV station were actions by the police involving women, the hat I perceived as male troublemakers were not comprehensively shown. A bit of selective journalism I would opine. There was also film of women laying flowers at a spot in what. I would accept a an act of vigil. 

The media these days (if it ever was) is very much not impartial. 

Twisting the facts/distortion of truth/1 dimensional reporting... 

All = outrage amongst the ( sadly ill educated) masses and therefore more disturbances to "report" on and therefore more money. 

Money. 

There's none so blind as them that won't listen. 

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Agree completely Bob. There’s a rentamob that will take advantage of any situation to cause a bit of trouble. 

5 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

All = outrage amongst the ( sadly ill educated) masses and therefore more disturbances to "report" on and therefore more money. 

Money. 

I think Covid has completed the reopening of my eyes when it comes to the media.

They’re not to be trusted and to see the, in my eyes, once proud BBC, join the ranks of the manipulators is particularly sad.

11 hours ago, kila said:

Did these sort of protesters exist at the other sites where the police were not part of any escalation though?

I've not watched a lot of footage so just a genuine curiosity.

im sure i saw that there were some arrests at the one in brighton

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Agree completely Bob. There’s a rentamob that will take advantage of any situation to cause a bit of trouble. 

I think Covid has completed the reopening of my eyes when it comes to the media.

They’re not to be trusted and to see the, in my eyes, once proud BBC, join the ranks of the manipulators is particularly sad.

Unfortunately, Dagger I've felt this to be the case for a very long time. 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

Unfortunately, Dagger I've felt this to be the case for a very long time. 

I can understand why. Three sides to every story as a wise man once said to me.

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I can understand why. Three sides to every story as a wise man once said to me.

Your truth, their truth, and the truth.

10 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Money. 

The media is a mess. Just saw the sky news app with the stuff about the lass arrested the photos used give a certain impression of her before you listen to her or read her words. If that affects your opinion negatively depends on you though.

Edited by sadj

manaliveits105

Going to turn nasty Westminster Bridge and Downing Street with the activists who have jumped on this poor girls death 

water cannon time 

dobmisterdobster

The Police were in control tonight. Unlike previously.

They marched the protesters round town to tire them out. Kettled them in narrow streets. 

Most of the crowd got fed up and went home.

• 2 months later...

What a piece of shit.  Hope his arsehole becomes a buffet in jail.

Sadly, this will undoubtedly be another stick to beat the police with as if for one ****ing second that vile piece of shit represents an entire force.

AlimOzturk
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

What a piece of shit.  Hope his arsehole becomes a buffet in jail.

Sadly, this will undoubtedly be another stick to beat the police with as if for one ****ing second that vile piece of shit represents an entire force.

Think you’ll find there is a huge problem in the police force recruitment which unfortunately attracts utterly vile human beings like Wayne couzins. The police force are all to quick to sweep these glaring statistics aside for political and public relation reasons rather than address the growing problem of sexual deviant and violent police officers. 

She isn’t the first and won’t be the last to fall prey to police officers who choose this occupation because they know they will have the best chance of getting away with their deviant crimes. 

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think you’ll find there is a huge problem in the police force recruitment which unfortunately attracts utterly vile human beings like Wayne couzins. The police force are all to quick to sweep these glaring statistics aside for political and public relation reasons rather than address the growing problem of sexual deviant and violent police officers. 

She isn’t the first and won’t be the last to fall prey to police officers who choose this occupation because they know they will have the best chance of getting away with their deviant crimes. 

Always bad eggs and I have no doubt scum lies within but I strongly believe the police are mostly the good guys. I am hearing all too often that it is a 'male' problem and a 'police' problem and I don't buy it. The vast majority of men would want to go to town on this ***** as would the vast majority of police. Mostly all humans will despise rapists and murderers. The police will pride themselves on their reputation, I have no doubt in that.

Edited by i8hibsh

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He falsely arrested her and committed the heinous crime.

Absolute scum.

Just read that.

Utter vermin. That poor, poor girl.