• Francis Albert

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Barack said:

"Annoyance." Let that sink in.

Screenshot_20210313-233444_Twitter.jpg

"Serious annoyance". At least quote it correctly. ::troll::

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Barack said:

Might want to sling this troublemaker in jail too, Priti. Violating Covid-19 restrictions? 

:oohmatron:

Screenshot_20210313-235852_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is she? I didn't think masks were a legal requirement outdoors. Also I find it odd she doesn't appear to have any security with her and wonder if it's a doppelganger sent in by a newspaper. Looks really  like mind. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is she? I didn't think masks were a legal requirement outdoors. Also I find it odd she doesn't appear to have any security with her and wonder if it's a doppelganger sent in by a newspaper. Looks really  like mind. 

Security just out of picture shot. She doesnt go anywhere without security.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Sorry DTD, I just think that doesn’t make sense. Just like Rangers fans last week there was no need for this at this time.

To expose yourself and others to unnecessary risk at this time just doesn’t resonate with me at all.

We all have a right to protest but within the laws of the land. This IS a huge issue for us as a nation but the time now is to mourn the taking of life in such a tragic way. The time for protest is not now IMHO.

You can’t come back and protest about something which happened six months ago. That’s not how it worked.

Rangers were celebrating football. It’s hardly the same. And look at the different way the police treated it 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Security just out of picture shot. She doesnt go anywhere without security.

Fair enough I thought that odd to say the least. Socially distanced then. 

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Fair enough I thought that odd to say the least. Socially distanced then. 

They always are😉

7 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Am I missing something about this story?

Why is there a vigil? Poor woman has been murdered yet all these women appearing in the media calling for an end to harassment from men?

How is her murder inciting a call to end harassment? Of course harassment shouldn't happen but this was a murder investigation which has discovered the guilty person?

Exactly, it’s awful what has happened to her and I feel sorry for the family.  The culprit has hopefully been caught so that is good news. 

The whole thing we see with the vigils, protests etc is people wanting to feel like the victim as well, same with everyone jumping on the markle bandwagon.  You get a lot of attention when you are the victim and it feels nice for some folk.

People generally turn up to these things for themselves and not for the actual person it’s supposed to be about. Get’s them the likes on facebook and gives them some clout. 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You can’t come back and protest about something which happened six months ago. That’s not how it worked.

Rangers were celebrating football. It’s hardly the same. And look at the different way the police treated it 

The Police need to get their ducks in a row you’re right. We’ll need to agree to disagree on the rest of it though. 

22 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Exactly, it’s awful what has happened to her and I feel sorry for the family.  The culprit has hopefully been caught so that is good news. 

The whole thing we see with the vigils, protests etc is people wanting to feel like the victim as well, same with everyone jumping on the markle bandwagon.  You get a lot of attention when you are the victim and it feels nice for some folk.

People generally turn up to these things for themselves and not for the actual person it’s supposed to be about. Get’s them the likes on facebook and gives them some clout. 

I watched about half an hour of this live last night and was clear there were people there to cause trouble and nothing to do with a vigil 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s a martial art, it’s not teaching anyone to respond physically to a threat. Quite the opposite. Physicality is taught as a sport/competition that takes place in a controlled environment. He has a much better understanding of the consequences of violence having seen the damage in can do in a controlled environment. 

They teach, as do most combat sport, a ton of discipline in many aspects of their lives. The belief they are teaching people to respond physically to a threat is a misplaced one, It’s not Cobra Kai.

To be fair, not every martial arts or self defence instructor teaches like that. The good ones do but there's no shortage of shite ones. 

Jambo-Jimbo
24 minutes ago, theshed said:

I watched about half an hour of this live last night and was clear there were people there to cause trouble and nothing to do with a vigil 

I'm not defending the Police, but it is clear from some of the footage I've seen this morning that there are people (women) deliberately being obstructive towards the Police.  When asked to move on they just stand there and when gently pushed by the Police they then back into the Police even more, resulting in a much harder shove by the Police, of course that's the bit that get's shown on social media and the 20 seconds before it gets edited out, so it ends up looking like heavy handed Policing.

They should have just let an organised vigil be held, which would have been marshalled and propery organised with agreed numbers, instead of the free for all we seen last night.  That was a poor decision by the authorities to ban the official vigil, because the second they did that there was always going to be an unofficial vigil of which you had no control over.

highlandjambo3

Oh deary me.....

sky news now comparing the rangers crowd gathering last week with no police involvement compared to last nights female gathering with the police wading in.......

reporter just asked if the police are sexist.....

OF game def cancelled now (IMO)

It's not just that the football fans got allowed to gather without the old bill wading in (but were rightly condemned for covid breaches).

It's that the organisers of the London vigil attempted to converse with Police in advance about how to hold the vigil without breaching covid rules but were ignored.

It's that other cities across the UK held vigils without the old bill wading in.

It's that it was the Metropolitan Police, the force which the accused murderer is a serving officer in, decided to wade in.

It's always the Met. It acts like the paramilitary private army of Parliament and knows it can behave in any way it wants with complete impunity.
We've seen it time and time and time again.
The mounted charges. The kettling. The arrests for spurious reasons. The harassment of certain groups and the tolerance of others. The spying. The violence. The killings. The racism.
Always the Met.

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's not just that the football fans got allowed to gather without the old bill wading in (but were rightly condemned for covid breaches).

It's that the organisers of the London vigil attempted to converse with Police in advance about how to hold the vigil without breaching covid rules but were ignored.

It's that other cities across the UK held vigils without the old bill wading in.

It's that it was the Metropolitan Police, the force which the accused murderer is a serving officer in, decided to wade in.

It's always the Met. It acts like the paramilitary private army of Parliament and knows it can behave in any way it wants with complete impunity.
We've seen it time and time and time again.
The mounted charges. The kettling. The arrests for spurious reasons. The harassment of certain groups and the tolerance of others. The spying. The violence. The killings. The racism.
Always the Met.

Well said .  Corrupt to the core 

59 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Oh deary me.....

sky news now comparing the rangers crowd gathering last week with no police involvement compared to last nights female gathering with the police wading in.......

reporter just asked if the police are sexist.....

OF game def cancelled now (IMO)

Police are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. 

Stand back and do nothing last week= Dogs abuse 

Move on and remove a few trouble makers yesterday = Dogs abuse 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

The Police need to get their ducks in a row you’re right. We’ll need to agree to disagree on the rest of it though. 

yeah, fair enough

SectionDJambo

If we take away the rights and wrongs of the police action against the people who turned up for this event, or whether covid restrictions were being breached.

Is it not the case that, once again, a police force have allowed a crowd to gather, presumably in dribs and drabs, to a previously expected focal point, when it should have been easier to prevent the gathering in the first place? The crowd didn't all turn up together at the same time. They could have prevented too many people getting there in the first place, by blocking off entry after the crowd size was causing concern.

They surely didn't believe that the event being cancelled would stop people still turning up. Too many times, the police chiefs seem to be caught by surprise by a predictable happening.

Francis Albert
14 hours ago, Barack said:

"Serious annoyance"...to people in a postcode that includes circa £1million pound house neighbourhood residents.

Boris has made her invulnerable, after the bullying saga. She's not playing Yahtzee with all the dice.

One of the cheaper parts of central London?

That was after the Police had already shown up and inflamed the situation.

Even if it was not, free speech allows us to protest in that manner.

Lots of people are grasping at straws and tying themselves in all kinds of knots trying to excuse the Met's massive errors last night.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Lots of people are grasping at straws and tying themselves in all kinds of knots trying to excuse the Met's massive errors last night.

How do you know? The police clearly made as you say "massive errors" as almost everyone acknowledges (not seen many tying themselves in knots to excuse that) but there are usually two sides to any story and "activists" are drawn to this sort of event, some determined to be the victims of police brutality and be photographed and filmed as such. Those shown here seem to have got there early enough to grab a prime spot next to the floral tribute, with megaphone at the ready - not a normal accompaniment to a vigil.

Edited by Francis Albert

His name is
15 minutes ago, Cade said:

free speech allows us to protest in that manner.

Not during a pandemic where there is a lockdown in place!

dobmisterdobster

The stench of cowardice from politicians is unsurprising.

The police did their job of upholding the law and still get thrown under the bus.

Doctor FinnBarr
12 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The police did their job of upholding the law and still get thrown under the bus.

Maybe a bad move mentioning "police" and "upholding the law" on this thread!

dobmisterdobster
22 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Maybe a bad move mentioning "police" and "upholding the law" on this thread!

I know right? Law and order. What a novel concept.

dobmisterdobster
Just now, His name is said:

Looks like the peaceful vigil was hijacked by a number of radical left groups.

Pope is catholic. Bears shit in the woods. Water is wet.

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, His name is said:

Not during a pandemic where there is a lockdown in place!

This.

43 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

This.

16 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

The point is wa-a-a-ay over there ---->

You might have missed it.

I saw the point you were trying to make but thought it irrelevant and biased. But here you go: You cannot compare the decision of Rangers and Celtic fans to unilaterally and spontaneously gather at football stadia with an pre-planned vigil outside a Parliament. 

Doctor FinnBarr
17 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I know right? Law and order. What a novel concept.

It must be quite a novel concept considering one of the upholders has been charged with her murder.

Once again.

Many other vigils were held across the nation after consulting with local police forces on how to hold them with respect to Covid guidelines.

The Metropolitan Police refused to give such consultation then went in heavy handed on the vigil.

Which, I remind you all once again, was at the site of the (alleged) abduction and murder of a woman by a serving Metropolitan Police officer.

They have scored a spectacular own goal here and anybody trying to defend them is wrong.

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Actually it does not so seems you are the one looking for excuses for a protest that should not have taken place......and went to the courts for confirmation as well

Those 'protesting' are to blame and within that group a smaller group of organisations looking to make their points without thought of the consequences

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Actually it does not so seems you are the one looking for excuses for a protest that should not have taken place......and went to the courts for confirmation as well

Those 'protesting' are to blame and within that group a smaller group of organisations looking to make their points without thought of the consequences

:spoton:

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Once again.

Many other vigils were held across the nation after consulting with local police forces on how to hold them with respect to Covid guidelines.

The Metropolitan Police refused to give such consultation then went in heavy handed on the vigil.

Which, I remind you all once again, was at the site of the (alleged) abduction and murder of a woman by a serving Metropolitan Police officer.

They have scored a spectacular own goal here and anybody trying to defend them is wrong.

Not perhaps terribly relevant but was it the site of the alleged abduction and murder? She was caught on several cctv cameras after leaving the Common on her route home including one in a police car.

John Findlay
26 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Totally agree. 

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

It must be quite a novel concept considering one of the upholders has been charged with her murder.

Why blame his employers for what he did?

Would you blame Royal Mail if he was a postman? Would there be an anti-postman narrative in the media?

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Considering the number who have served, will serve, and do serve what are the numbers of police officers undergoing such charges. I am only interested I know such as the case presently in Minnesota that particularly where they are armed situations do occur, and are proceeded against but a flasher, rapist, murderer does seem a possibly low statistic. If it happens a lot I would be interested in seeing where I could research it, and the result of the Trials etc. Again I go back to my own time where many of us were fathers of daughters, and if we had such a person in our midst he would have been quietly dealt with and sagely counselled.

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, Cade said:

The police said they were concerned for health reasons so heavily handily arrested four women to make sure the others were safe...  

I never saw old firm fans getting dragged away like that.  

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

Considering the number who have served, will serve, and do serve what are the numbers of police officers undergoing such charges. I am only interested I know such as the case presently in Minnesota that particularly where they are armed situations do occur, and are proceeded against but a flasher, rapist, murderer does seem a possibly low statistic. If it happens a lot I would be interested in seeing where I could research it, and the result of the Trials etc. Again I go back to my own time where many of us were fathers of daughters, and if we had such a person in our midst he would have been quietly dealt with and sagely counselled.

Quietly dealt with and sagely counselled? A euphemism I assume?

dobmisterdobster
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

The police said they were concerned for health reasons so heavily handily arrested four women to make sure the others were safe...  

28 Rangers fans were arrested in Glasgow the other day.

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

28 Rangers fans were arrested in Glasgow the other day.

How many did you see getting dragged away like those last night?  

It should've been handled better on both sides but stupid of the police to approach it like they did in the current climate.  

Even Patel isn't happy with the met. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

How many OF firms were looking to be filmed being dragged away? I am not suggesting that was the case for all but it would be naive to believe it is not an activist tactic. And clearly not all present were there for a vigil.

What's happening, are women not allowed to be arrested by force. You act like a dick, don't be surprised if you're on your face with your hands cuffed behind your back. 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Quietly dealt with and sagely counselled? A euphemism I assume?

Pleading No Reply M'lud never heard that eu word before.

Auldbenches
Just now, Francis Albert said:

How many OF firms were looking to be filmed being dragged away? I am not suggesting that was the case for all but it would be naive to believe it is not an activist tactic. And clearly not all present were there for a vigil.

That's why the police have to be careful in this day and age.  

Why not identify them and arrest them later like they do with crowd disturbances at the football? 

You saying that if rangers fans had been dragged away like that someone wouldn't have filmed it?

It was group of women protesting about violence and abuse is stupid. 

The police said last night that it was due to being concerned with the possible health impact so arrested 4 people out of all that would've solved that?  The police aren't being genuine here.  

Auldbenches
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's happening, are women not allowed to be arrested by force. You act like a dick, don't be surprised if you're on your face with your hands cuffed behind your back. 

Look at the reason the police gave for the arrests, it wasn't for protesting so why the aggression? 

Doctor FinnBarr
30 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Why blame his employers for what he did?

Would you blame Royal Mail if he was a postman? Would there be an anti-postman narrative in the media?

Jeez, I give in.