• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• Tazio

• The Real Maroonblood

• Francis Albert

The BBC article on it is grim reading. I have no idea what sort of sentance is likely in this kind of case but, hope that the ***** never gets out of prison.

I hope it's a whole-life term, or a minimum sentence where he won't be getting back out. Doesn't ever deserve to be let out again, and he would imo never cease to be a threat if he were.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, redjambo said:

I hope it's a whole-life term, or a minimum sentence where he won't be getting back out. Doesn't ever deserve to be let out again, and he would imo never cease to be a threat if he were.

Being a serving police officer a whole life sentence looks likely.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Absolutely vile. This wasn't a spur of the moment impulse. Planned down to the last detail.

Wish him nothing but pain and suffering.

Especially in the shower.

As I said earlier in the thread she was a close friend of someone I work with. The same woman has taken this week off work at short notice as holiday as the case is upsetting her so much. So god knows what it is doing to the family. 

Byyy The Light
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

As I said earlier in the thread she was a close friend of someone I work with. The same woman has taken this week off work at short notice as holiday as the case is upsetting her so much. So god knows what it is doing to the family. 

Impossible to grasp really. I’ve got 2 young daughters.  Just can’t even begin to understand the impact hearing these things have happened to a family member (or friend) would have. So cruel. 

William H. Bonney
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

The person you know wouldn’t happen to have just had a baby? I used to work with a girl who was Sarah’s classmate. 

1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

The person you know wouldn’t happen to have just had a baby? I used to work with a girl who was Sarah’s classmate. 

No, different person. 

16 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

A man that evil has surely done this before. I wonder if they are investigating other disappearances. 

Especially given that he just carried on as normal after he'd killed Sarah, his wife says that she didn't notice any changes or anything different about him either, so maybe he has done this before.

Out and out psychopath.  The M.O. of this abduction and attempt to conceal his crimes screams that there are more crimes.  I would be astounded if this is in isolation.  

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Out and out psychopath.  The M.O. of this abduction and attempt to conceal his crimes screams that there are more crimes.  I would be astounded if this is in isolation.  

I read that just before his arrest he wiped the memory from his phone. Makes you wonder what he deleted. 

Great news that vile piece of shit will be behind bars for life, but it begs the question with me - what makes this case so special?

I believe that any cold-blooded murderer should never be released but the reality is that they almost always are eligible for it.

What made this case worse than others?  Why was Sarah Everard so special?

I don't mean that to sound callous, but people are murdered all the time, yes not by serving police officers but cold-blooded murder is cold-blooded murder and life should mean life for all the perpetrators of them.

As per usual, as a society we pick and choose what cases will get the most column inches.  What made Madelaine McCann so special?  Children go missing all the time.

We saw it last year with George Floyd too.  Why do certain cases of crime etc get more column inches than others? 

It is not just murder but natural disasters, car crashes, plane crashes, terrorist attacks, catastrophes etc.

A life lost at Hillsborough for example was worth more than lost at Bradford.

It sucks but great news on this and justice has been served  - just a shame most of the time it is not served as it should be.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Great news that vile piece of shit will be behind bars for life, but it begs the question with me - what makes this case so special?

I believe that any cold-blooded murderer should never be released but the reality is that they almost always are eligible for it.

I don't mean that to sound callous, but people are murdered all the time, yes not by serving police officers but cold-blooded murder is cold-blooded murder and life should mean life for all the perpetrators of them.

As per usual, as a society we pick and choose what cases will get the most column inches.  What made Madelaine McCann so special?  Children go missing all the time.

We saw it last year with George Floyd too.  Why do certain cases of crime etc get more column inches than others? 

It is not just murder but natural disasters, car crashes, plane crashes, terrorist attacks, catastrophes etc.

It sucks but great news on this and justice has been served  - just a shame most of the time it is not served as it should be.

Missing white women syndrome

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Because he was a police officer is what makes this case so special.

1 minute ago, Bindy Badgy said:

I'll debunk this in one second.  The majority of people killed by the police in America are white.  Name one?  You only hear about the black murders.

It has nothing to do with skin colour or class.  

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Because he was a police officer is what makes this case so special.

So being murdrred by a non police officer is less serious and warrants less justice?

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not comfortable posting this here as it's about thst evil swine.  

How come it only seems to be murders committed in London that make as much headlines as this?

They seem to be the ones that make the national headlines. 

Tragically women killed everywhere but the mostly the London ones that become the big stories.

Even youngsters getting stabbed etc only make the national news if it happen there.

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

How come it only seems to be murders committed in London that make as much headlines as this?

Tragically women killed everywhere but the mostly the London ones that become the big stories.

Even youngsters getting stabbed etc only make the national news if it happen there.

Definitely a valid point but there are many exceptions to the rule.  Sadly, I reckon this happens in every country where the 'big smoke' will take up most of the shits given.

Салатные палочки
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm no Quincy but it could be a number of things. Severity of the crime. Is there a chance he would do this again? Has he committed serious sexual offences before? (something that usually comes out at the end of a trial). 

They will have conducted many assessments and reports on his mental health and somewhere along the line I'm sure they would have come to the conclusion that this guys acts and thoughts mean he is a real danger to the public and if released he would definitely do it again. A lot of consideration goes into sentencing someone to a whole life tarriff as I don't think judges actually like handing them out because of all the human rights hoops they need to jump through. 

It was also a massive abuse of power. As a police officer, he has the power to stop and search anyone he suspects of a crime. That gives the police more power than any other person on the street and he abused that power in the worst possible way. The public need to know that this sort of behaviour from acting police officers will be dealt with in the harshest way. 

He also went to great lengths to dispose and burn the body and returned to the scene with his family soon after. Psychopathic murderers will often return to the scene of their crimes. 

A life at Hillsborough was not worth more than a life ay Bradford. The reason it seems that way is because the police and government were involved in a massive cover up and the families fought for years for justice for those who were killed. 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Definitely a valid point but there are many exceptions to the rule.  Sadly, I reckon this happens in every country where the 'big smoke' will take up most of the shits given.

Young people getting stabbed and killed everywhere and only London ones make the national news.

Big smoke stories everywhere etc, but I just think it highlights it only makes these headlines due to it happening on the doorstep of journalists.  

Point has been made and taking it off topic from this evil swine.

He'll probably get more protection in jail than women do walking the streets.

Get him in a wing with the rest of them and let it be known to others that this is what happens.  

Edited by Auldbenches

Attractive, mid-20s, white, female, in London.

The fact that the perpetrator was a serving police officer only added to the already "media friendly" profile of the case.

Hundreds of people go missing in the UK every day.

A fair number of murders are committed.

And there is a huge disparity on which cases get picked up by the press, get proper police resources spent on them and end in a conviction.

TBH it's always a slap in the face to all the other bereaved families when so many resources are put into one particular case just because the media ran with it.

It forms the picture that the police only pull the finger out when they can be bothered and don't give a shiny shite about all the other cases.

NOT that I am saying this is how it is.

But the uneven effort in such cases certainly forms that picture in the public mind.

Sarah Everard was kidnapped, raped, murdered and burned on the 3rd of March this year.

How many investigations go from crime to conviction in about 7 months?

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/appeal-search

Edited by Cade

33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So being murdrred by a non police officer is less serious and warrants less justice?

What a stupid comment.

A police officer is someone employed to keep our communities safe, of course it's going to be bigger news if they decide to use their profession as a vehicle to murder.

Byyy The Light
17 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

A man that evil has surely done this before. I wonder if they are investigating other disappearances. 

Has gone through my mind too

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

What a stupid comment.

A police officer is someone employed to keep our communities safe, of course it's going to be bigger news if they decide to use their profession as a vehicle to murder.

It is a shocking case but in no way more serious than any other cold blooded murder and rape.

Unless you wish to argue with other bereaved parents on the matter Homme?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

It is a shocking case but in no way more serious than any other cold blooded murder and rape.

Murder is murder. Rape is rape. If they are carried out by people supposedly protecting us from those crimes it becomes a bigger story...not a bigger crime. 

Should we have a dedicated murder channel to keep everyone happy? Clearly some on here want to hear about them all. Clearly a 30 minute news slot each night can't report on them all. 

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Murder is murder. Rape is rape. If they are carried out by people supposedly protecting us from those crimes it becomes a bigger story...not a bigger crime. 

Should we have a dedicated murder channel to keep everyone happy? Clearly some on here want to hear about them all. Clearly a 30 minute news slot each night can't report on them all. 

It is not exclusive to cases like this.  We as society seem to cherry pick and always have.  1,600 deaths in the UK on average everyday - zero ****s.   Some unknown celebrity Z lister dies and it is faux grief.  Even covid for example - up till March last year no one gave the slightest shiney shite about a daily death toll.

It stinks, another reason why I came off Facebook etc.

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is not exclusive to cases like this.  We as society seem to cherry pick and always have.  1,600 deaths in the UK on average everyday - zero ****s.   Some unknown celebrity Z lister dies and it is faux grief.  Even covid for example - up till March last year no one gave the slightest shiney shite about a daily death toll.

It stinks, another reason why I came off Facebook etc.

The media cherry picks to be fair, not the public. I'm sure high profile murders in Scotland have been national news before. Jodi Jones, Alesha MacPhail, Angelika Kluk to name three. Probably the reason was the severity and who was involved. Unfortunately someone stabbed in the street during a fight is probably not in the interests of the public nationwide. 

9 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

The media cherry picks to be fair, not the public. I'm sure high profile murders in Scotland have been national news before. Jodi Jones, Alesha MacPhail, Angelika Kluk to name three. Probably the reason was the severity and who was involved. Unfortunately someone stabbed in the street during a fight is probably not in the interests of the public nationwide. 

I dont buy this London based bias in reporting murders either. 

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Add in the fact that the huge majority of murders are disputes between people that are known to each other.  Once somebody is in custody and charges filed the media can't report on them.

This particular case has so many elements to it that make it one the media would run with.

28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think the sentence shows the law does see a policeman doing this as more serious.  

No parent is going to feel less bereaved so you can't just use that to gauge what's worse.  

52 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Well there's a lot who'd disagree with that -

a serving police officer uses his badge of office to commit rape & murder

I saw a comment that this is the sixth murder by a serving Met officer in recent years

it is causing loss of faith in the Met not just by his actions but the Met failings in dealing with this guy in the first instance. 

7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Agree with I8 regarding his I really point. Some stories and people get more coverage than others for no apparent reason. 

Here's some -

a serving police officer uses his badge of office to commit rape & murder

I saw a comment that this is the sixth murder by a serving Met officer in recent years

it is causing loss of faith in the Met not just by his actions but the Met failings in dealing with this guy in the first instance. 

The Mighty Thor

Fantastic that this shitehouse is going away for life.

Whichever prison he's in he'll be in for a very interesting time. Good enough.

It's a minor point but it's doing my head in.

Sky are reporting the conviction of a 'former police officer'. He wasn't a former anything he was a serving police officer. 

18 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

They are.  David Wilson was on the radio this morning saying that offenders who commit this level of crime don't just suddenly do it out of character.   They have to have worked their way up the crime ladder to have the confidence & knowledge to carry something like this out.  Even of a police officer.  So the likelihood is there are other assaults/rapes etc - unsolved - which could show that this guy could be linked to.

Horrific when everyone was assuming it was an "ordinary" criminal who did it - just off the scale horrific to find out that it was a serving policeman who did it.  How on earth does Sarah's family live with it now ?

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Don't you watch Reporting Scotland or the various Scottish news bulletins ?   Murders/tragic accidents/missing person appeals etc in Scotland make it on to these media outlets.   It seems a bit OTT to expect serious crime in Scotland to become a big news story in England.   Consider the converse, news of the life sentence given to Sarah's killer today in England  probably won't be mentioned on RepScot etc.

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Don't you watch Reporting Scotland or the various Scottish news bulletins ?   Murders/tragic accidents/missing person appeals etc in Scotland make it on to these media outlets.   It seems a bit OTT to expect serious crime in Scotland to become a big news story in England.   Consider the converse, news of the life sentence given to Sarah's killer today in England  probably won't be mentioned on RepScot etc.

Off course the Scottish ones make the bbc Scottish news that is classified as a local news broadcast like the north west of England etc.

How many make the national bbc when it comes to a youngster getting stabbed or attacked? 

It's only London ones that make the bbc national 6 clock bulletins and that's the difference.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I think it is safe to say that most women we be at the outset more trusting of a serving male police officer than  alot of other males, especially those that are not police officers.

50 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Off course the Scottish ones make the bbc Scottish news that is classified as a local news broadcast like the north west of England etc.

How many make the national bbc when it comes to a youngster getting stabbed or attacked? 

It's only London ones that make the bbc national 6 clock bulletins and that's the difference.

I think they'd need a lot longer than  a half hour to cover every stabbing/shooting, murder, missing person etc that had happened in the UK that day.     Not sure why making the 6pm or 10pm national (UK) news matters, unless you're a Scot living in England - even then, you can watch all the Scottish news on iPlayer etc.    

I take your point when it comes to  Crimewatch UK though (an hour long program once a month I think) - there's no way  it can fit in  all the serious  incidents  which the police across the UK would want help with.   Might be sensible to break that down by geographic area - a Crimewatch Scotland version for example.  The whole point of it is to seek the public's help in solving serious crimes.