Prince Andrew

Maroon Sailor

4 hours ago, superjack said:

What was the score with Ronaldo? Don't think I heard, read or remember this one.

accused of rape in a vegas hotel, the accuser when reported it initially never named him. then later (a number of years) did and got an out of court settlement to stop the case. 

note at old trafford at the weekend a banner was flown over the stadium mentioning it

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• Jambo-Jimbo

• The Real Maroonblood

• A Boy Named Crow

Auldbenches
Just now, A Boy Named Crow said:

It's hard to say without being in their shoes. I've got no idea what really went on between Ronaldo at his accuser, or between Andrew and his. 

Maybe in a situation where the evidence is unclear and it could go either way it's the smart move to avoid the courts... or maybe a pay-off is the easy way out for a cornered beast...dunno 

You're probably right on both points. 

I think I would just go to court and clear my name and also try and prevent others potentially trying this just to cash in on it. 

Back to Bonnie Prince Ponce...

He's had plenty of time to deal with this openly and it just creates suspicion. 

Who else would've been able to get away from facing this without his backing?  

A Boy Named Crow
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You're probably right on both points. 

I think I would just go to court and clear my name and also try and prevent others potentially trying this just to cash in on it. 

Back to Bonnie Prince Ponce...

He's had plenty of time to deal with this openly and it just creates suspicion. 

Who else would've been able to get away from facing this without his backing?  

I thought of something else.

Nobody lives a spotless life. Going to court opens the door for things people don't know about yet to come out,  so a pay-off could make sense as a damage limitation exercise.

In saying that,  you're dead right, Andrew has had ample opportunity to do the right thing here. That's the problem with having a monarchy though,  it is by definition against doing the right thing!

Auldbenches
Just now, A Boy Named Crow said:

Nobody lives a spotless life. Going to court opens the door for things people don't know about yet to come out,  so a pay-off could make sense as a damage limitation exercise.

In saying that,  you're dead right, Andrew has had ample opportunity to do the right thing here. That's the problem with having a monarchy though,  it is by definition against doing the right thing!

You are tight on your first point but I think I'd take the risk of my drunken shenanigans getting brought up in court to clear things. 

I think I'd also be angry that it could happen to someone else if money can be got.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

There's probably a large amount of truth in that.

As you say, once in open court it could very well open the door or floodgates to more women/girls/boys coming out and claiming this that and the next thing, most probably just chancing their luck, you only need to look at what happened after Saville died when they mentioned payouts from his estate, thousands came forward, but only about 5% were genuine maybe not even as much as that.

For every settlement in public that we hear about, I'd think there are many more done in private which the media never learn anything about, indeed it's only in the last week that we learnt that Ms Guiffre had had a payout from Jeffrey Epstein years ago, so that shows these things can and are kept out of the public eye, so it makes sense to kept things out of court and out of the media if you can.

3 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Quite possibly, but I think it's more to do with what he's worth. He can make a situation that's a right royal pain in the hole, court cases, lurid accusations, media frenzy etc, go away with an amount of money that isn't that big a deal to him. 

Even innocent, I can see I would probably take that option if I had the money

Auldbenches

The high court in London has said the papers can be served to his American lawyers and it looks like he will face the civil trial in the states.

Looks like the trial of the century is going to happen.  

Didn't realise he was in Scotland to hide from English law 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s genuinely incredible that the act of having to be served papers can be used as a delaying tactic. A pathetic means of protection for PA who is going to have to front up to this eventually.

19 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The high court in London has said the papers can be served to his American lawyers and it looks like he will face the civil trial in the states.

Looks like the trial of the century is going to happen.  

Didn't realise he was in Scotland to hide from English law 

That'll be why the papers can be served to his American lawyers, that way it avoids any potential problems between Scots & English law.

Andrew's lawyers wanted the court to open the sealed documents concerning Ms Guiffre's settlement claim with Epstein back in 2009, this was refused, however the judge has allowed Andrews legal team to view the documents.

That could be significant, because Andrew's legal team believe that there is a clause in the previous settlement case which prevents Ms Guiffre from suing anybody else.

I'm curious as to why these documents are sealed and the court has refused to make them public, perhaps it could be because other people are named in these documents, I don't know.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That'll be why the papers can be served to his American lawyers, that way it avoids any potential problems between Scots & English law.

Andrew's lawyers wanted the court to open the sealed documents concerning Ms Guiffre's settlement claim with Epstein back in 2009, this was refused, however the judge has allowed Andrews legal team to view the documents.

That could be significant, because Andrew's legal team believe that there is a clause in the previous settlement case which prevents Ms Guiffre from suing anybody else.

I'm curious as to why these documents are sealed and the court has refused to make them public, perhaps it could be because other people are named in these documents, I don't know.

Whatever he tries I can't see the Americans letting this go.  He is just digging a bigger hole.  

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Whatever he tries I can't see the Americans letting this go.  He is just digging a bigger hole.  

I don't think he can get out of this, he'll have to face the music, sooner or later.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I don't think he can get out of this, he'll have to face the music, sooner or later.

That's a shame.  No one would avoid all this if nothing to hide.   If not he can't blame people for thinking that.  

The Frenchman Returns

Princess Beatrice gives birth to a girl, Andrew will be pleased

(only posting because it popped up on my phone via BBC as if it was important)

42 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Princess Beatrice gives birth to a girl, Andrew will be pleased

(only posting because it popped up on my phone via BBC as if it was important)

In one of the papers that he will now have to go south and no longer hide from English law.