• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• jambopilms

• John Findlay

• Jambo-Jimbo

What was the actual purpose of this interview? Serious question. If it was for future financial gain then I hope they’ve got all their bases covered, there already seems to be holes being blown in the story so I have my doubts. If it was to trash the royal family then why try and protect the queen? I see Twitter is full of love for the pair mostly from the States, I assume they know young Harry was parading about in a nazi costume a few years back?

I think Oprah might be the big winner here!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

I think that's what's happening, not so much her skin colour, but more an American Z list actress, who probably thought she could join the "firm" and wave a magic wand and revolutionize/modernise it all overnight..put her stamp on it if you like,,maybe give Windsor castle a Manhattan loft apartment feel makeover😂..although the one thing that made her relatable to most british folks, were her ****ed up family..and she's turned her back in them🤷🏼‍♂️

She probably thought she could invite all her Hollywood mates to parties at Buckingham Palace or do a ‘Keeping Up With the Mountbatten-Windsors’ series for NBC. She’s a schemer and she’ll be loving all this attention.

I’ll be amazed if her and Harry last because he’ll becoming boring for her eventually and he might find himself thinking that living with an elite narcissist is a waste of his life. She’d be better of having a quite life but she can’t help herself. 

millerjames398
12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She probably thought she could invite all her Hollywood mates to parties at Buckingham Palace or do a ‘Keeping Up With the Mountbatten-Windsors’ series for NBC. She’s a schemer and she’ll be loving all this attention.

I’ll be amazed if her and Harry last because he’ll becoming boring for her eventually and he might find himself thinking that living with an elite narcissist is a waste of his life. She’d be better of having a quite life but she can’t help herself. 

I can see part 4 of her oprah saga, being about how she couldn't handle how controlling harry had become..she had to divorce him to "rediscover" herself..and how it was such a difficult "conversation" to have😖..the series of books, and a  channel 5 mini series, with mutya from sugababes playin the lead role, to chart the events should follow shortly afterwards😂

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

I can see part 4 of her oprah saga, being about how she couldn't handle how controlling harry had become..she had to divorce him to "rediscover" herself..and how it was such a difficult "conversation" to have😖..the series of books, and a  channel 5 mini series, with mutya from sugababes playin the lead role, to chart the events should follow shortly afterwards😂

“and by the way, check out this new coffee brand I’m launching and if Disney need any voiceovers, they know how to contact my agent. What’s the fee for this interview again?”

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Once again this comes back to Harry, surely he knew the protocol.

But Meghan needn't worry because I heard on the TV that as soon as Charles becomes King, Archie becomes a Prince as he's grandson of the Monarch, when Charles dies though, does he still keep the title, I don't know..........no doubts if he doesn't, it'll be because of his heritage.

Peter Phillips is grandson of the current monarch and he's not a prince. 

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

If the Ginger Whinger and Narcissistic Meg bring down the whole institution I wouldn't be that bothered. Philip needs to organise another Parisian car ride once out the hossie though. 

They're engaging Tiger Woods to be H&M's chauffeur.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hey with William being Edward's kid, that makes Harry 2nd in line. 

That's a different rumour to the usual one I hear about Prince Edward. 

doctor jambo

Charles does not get enough credit for managing to live with Diana.

living with someone suffering personality disorder must be incredibly difficult.

Harry, bless him, did what many men do- ignored the warning signs and chased the hottie.

Once the taps are turned off , what is left?

No family, no friends, no hobbies and no job whilst living with someone who seems an absolute nightmare.

his huff about having to support himself as a grown man was laughable.

wants Tax payer funds but not the work?

real world please.

And Meghan- none of us have the ability to express ourselves freely- our employers clamp down on all that .

Most of us are trapped in our jobs, with so many fewer perks.

pair of trumpets .

No way it will last

SectionDJambo

Rather than racism, or an actress playing a game, this could maybe just be the result of an entrenched establishment suspicion of any woman who marries into the family, especially an American one. Kate Middleton has survived as the English rose that the English press fawn over. She’s adapted very well into it and seems to be able to play the game required. They’ve certainly never forgotten Wallis Simpson.

Maybe all the inconsistent media comparisons are just down to the current xenophobia of the media and public, which does seem to have taken off after Brexit. Johnny Foreigner has never been so unpopular and viewed with trying to hold back Britannia from ruling an empire from the waves again.

It’s a curiously British thing that an entity such as the Royal Family attracts so much criticism from the masses, who think it’s outdated, but garners so much support from the same masses after an infiltration from a foreigner. 
As Harry himself said, he can escape but his brother is trapped into training for a job which he will have to take whether he likes it or not. Almost everyone else in the UK can decide where they want to live and work, and would scream from the rooftops if anyone tried to deny them that right. The British public don’t like it if one of their Royal Family decides to do something else, elsewhere. It just has to be the devious, domineering wife that has manipulated the situation.

Maroon Sailor
14 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

living with someone suffering personality disorder must be incredibly difficult.

Harry, bless him, did what many men do- ignored the warning signs and chased the hottie.

No family, no friends, no hobbies and no job whilst living with someone who seems an absolute nightmare.

real world please.

And Meghan- none of us have the ability to express ourselves freely- our employers clamp down on all that .

pair of trumpets .

No way it will last

Good post

He's turned his back on his family and is with someone who did that before she met him.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Good post

He's turned his back on his family and is with someone who did that before she met him.

The royal family in turmoil.

What a shame.

To be fair, the pair of them and the wee laddie are at risk of attacks, kidnapping, the lot, purely because of who his parents and grandparents are. Personally, I'd say his granny and old man probably do have some obligation to provide that security. He only needs it because of them. 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

What was the actual purpose of this interview? Serious question. If it was for future financial gain then I hope they’ve got all their bases covered, there already seems to be holes being blown in the story so I have my doubts. If it was to trash the royal family then why try and protect the queen? I see Twitter is full of love for the pair mostly from the States, I assume they know young Harry was parading about in a nazi costume a few years back?

I think Oprah might be the big winner here!

In today's America, that's probably considered a good thing by many Republicans!

doctor jambo
12 minutes ago, Norm said:

To be fair, the pair of them and the wee laddie are at risk of attacks, kidnapping, the lot, purely because of who his parents and grandparents are. Personally, I'd say his granny and old man probably do have some obligation to provide that security. He only needs it because of them. 

That is in keeping with all the offspring of stupidly wealthy people all over the world .

it’s not unique to them .

what appears to be unique is the demand that 60 million people worse off than you should continue to work and pay taxes to protect you, whilst you live in luxury abroad and contribute nothing to the tax base or economy that is paying for your house ninjas

Just now, doctor jambo said:

That is in keeping with all the offspring of stupidly wealthy people all over the world .

it’s not unique to them .

what appears to be unique is the demand that 60 million people worse off than you should continue to work and pay taxes to protect you, whilst you live in luxury abroad and contribute nothing to the tax base or economy that is paying for your house ninjas

I didn't say anything about taxpayers money. His granny and dad are ****ing loaded to an insane degree, could dig in to their own private coffers to pay for the protection of their own grandchild and child, who only need said protection because of his granny and dad, and still be utterly ****ing loaded to an insane degree. 

To reiterate, the responsibility for protection absolutely falls on the head of Betty and Chuck, and only the shittiest granny and old man would leave their kid to find their own security when they're the direct reason why he needs it. 

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, Norm said:

I didn't say anything about taxpayers money. His granny and dad are ****ing loaded to an insane degree, could dig in to their own private coffers to pay for the protection of their own grandchild and child, who only need said protection because of his granny and dad, and still be utterly ****ing loaded to an insane degree. 

To reiterate, the responsibility for protection absolutely falls on the head of Betty and Chuck, and only the shittiest granny and old man would leave their kid to find their own security when they're the direct reason why he needs it. 

I disagree. Nothing th me royals have is theirs. It comes from us.

Harry shunned his duties and wants to live his own life.

fine, stand on your own two feet with the millions your mum left you.

that should last until you get a job.

get the wife back to work too.

that’s how the rest of us have to get by.

your own labours.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Harry’s living in the biggest mansion you’ve ever seen. The little twat is loaded!

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Harry’s living in the biggest mansion you’ve ever seen. The little twat is loaded!

:pleasing:

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He is. But he only needs a high level of protection because of his folks and grandfolks. If your kids were a security risk, purely because of you, and you had endless pots of cash, wouldn't you pay for the safety instead of asking them? 

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I disagree. Nothing th me royals have is theirs. It comes from us.

Harry shunned his duties and wants to live his own life.

fine, stand on your own two feet with the millions your mum left you.

that should last until you get a job.

get the wife back to work too.

that’s how the rest of us have to get by.

your own labours.

Betty and Chuck have private estates that make millions. She has assets worth hundreds of millions. She could fork out for their safety 10 times over without even touching her "salary" from the taxpayers. 

doctor jambo
Just now, Norm said:

He is. But he only needs a high level of protection because of his folks and grandfolks. If your kids were a security risk, purely because of you, and you had endless pots of cash, wouldn't you pay for the safety instead of asking them? 

Spielberg doesn’t . 
nor do many other minted folk. 
lots of really rich don’t need buckets of security.

why the arrogance to presume they need all this extra security?

from whom do they need protected?

Spielberg doesn’t . 
nor do many other minted folk. 
lots of really rich don’t need buckets of security.

why the arrogance to presume they need all this extra security?

from whom do they need protected?

If you're seriously trying to compare the risk that Steven Spielberg's kids have, and the grandchild of the current monarch and child of next one, you're mental. 

Put it this way, are Wills and Kate only at risk because they carry out duties? No, it's purely because of who Wills dad and granny is. So if they need protected, surely his brother and his family do too? 

doctor jambo
Just now, Norm said:

If you're seriously trying to compare the risk that Steven Spielberg's kids have, and the grandchild of the current monarch and child of next one, you're mental. 

Put it this way, are Wills and Kate only at risk because they carry out duties? No, it's purely because of who Wills dad and granny is. So if they need protected, surely his brother and his family do too? 

He has loads of his own money.

if he feels he needs it, he can pay for it.

and the whole “private wealth” of the Royals is cack. It all comes from land ownership of , let’s face it, our land because  we just haven’t asked for it back.

He has loads of his own money.

if he feels he needs it, he can pay for it.

and the whole “private wealth” of the Royals is cack. It all comes from land ownership of , let’s face it, our land because  we just haven’t asked for it back.

But he shouldn't have to pay for it as its not his fault he needs it. The obligation is on the people who make him a target, our current monarch and her son. 

If his granny and old man think his brother needs it, then surely they should think Harry needs it too, no? 

And yeah, most of their assets are because we haven't asked for it back. But as it stands, at this point in time, it's theirs. For what it's worth, if you were to ask me if we should abolish the monarchy and take everything back, I'd agree 100%.

And if we're really not wanting to spend any cash that's came from taxpayers money, Betty has millions upon millions upon millions of assets that were gifted to her or her ancestors from other heads of state she could pawn off to pay for it. 

Just now, jonesy said:

Meghan Markle Reveals Royals Worried Her Son Wouldn’t Have Family’s Sickly, Rancid Skin

Yesterday 2:20PM

MONTECITO, CA—Revealing concerns within the British monarchy that a child in line to the throne might inherit a noticeably healthy glow, Meghan Markle said in a prime-time TV special Sunday that some of the royals had worried her son would be born without the family’s sickly, rancid skin. “When I was pregnant with Archie, Harry was approached by a member of his family who expressed apprehension that our baby might not have the disgustingly translucent and putrid complexions they are known for,” the Duchess of Sussex told interviewer Oprah Winfrey, explaining that the unease stemmed from the fact that her son would be the first Windsor in history not to be so pallid and heinous that even stepping foot in the sun would cause his fragile skin to blister and boil. “This person reminded Harry that it had taken centuries of intermarriage between the British peerage and other reigning families of northern Europe to produce a bloodline with remarkably thin, pigment-free dermal layers that crack, bleed, and bruise at the slightest contact. They asked what would happen if the people of the United Kingdom were to one day look upon a royal and not immediately want to retch at the sight of veins pulsating beneath gray, decaying skin.” As the interview ventured into emotionally difficult subjects, Markle was often seen holding Prince Harry’s revoltingly cadaverous hand for support.

Meghan Markle Reveals Royals Worried Her Son Wouldn’t Have Family’s Sickly, Rancid Skin (theonion.com)

Its funny how things strike you, I am reading about all the concerns for Harrys safety that of Meghan and the security they are being provided. I read another thread here on Kickback where ordinary peoples lives are being put at risk, by kids throwing bricks at bus windows. They pay taxes, they pay a fare for the bus ride, are they not also entitled to strong potentially life saving security.  I know a different subject, but it does involve security, entitled get it at the unentitleds cost, the payees just have to keep their head down when riding a bus in Edinburgh.

On 08/03/2021 at 09:22, iantjambo said:

One unnamed royal was accused of racism. Voicing their concerns at how dark the babies skin tone would be.

I wonder which royal that was? 🤔

Amazingly NOT Phil!!!

17 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Its funny how things strike you, I am reading about all the concerns for Harrys safety that of Meghan and the security they are being provided. I read another thread here on Kickback where ordinary peoples lives are being put at risk, by kids throwing bricks at bus windows. They pay taxes, they pay a fare for the bus ride, are they not also entitled to strong potentially life saving security.  I know a different subject, but it does involve security, entitled get it at the unentitleds cost, the payees just have to keep their head down when riding a bus in Edinburgh.

I'm not concerned for their safety, Bob, just aware that it is at risk, purely because of who his parents and granny are, and I think his folks and granny have an obligation to minimise it. 

And of course the folk on the bus have a right to security, that's why we pay for hard working coppers like yourself. We need more of them is the problem, so if the question is should we get rid of the royals to pay for more plod, I'll agree 100%. But that doesn't detract from the fact that Betty and Chuck have a duty to protect their kids. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Peter Phillips is grandson of the current monarch and he's not a prince. 

Sure I recall something back in the 1970's when Anne married Capt. Mark Phillips and with him being a 'commoner' that none of their children would be entiltled to a Prince or Princess title. 

44 minutes ago, Norm said:

But he shouldn't have to pay for it as its not his fault he needs it. The obligation is on the people who make him a target, our current monarch and her son. 

If his granny and old man think his brother needs it, then surely they should think Harry needs it too, no? 

And yeah, most of their assets are because we haven't asked for it back. But as it stands, at this point in time, it's theirs. For what it's worth, if you were to ask me if we should abolish the monarchy and take everything back, I'd agree 100%.

And if we're really not wanting to spend any cash that's came from taxpayers money, Betty has millions upon millions upon millions of assets that were gifted to her or her ancestors from other heads of state she could pawn off to pay for it. 

The queen didn't ask to be born, Charles didnt ask to be born. It's not their fault they need it. If Charles has to pay for Harry then surely Harry has to pay for Archie. None of them asked to be born into it, only one has said he doesn't want it.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

The queen didn't ask to be born, Charles didnt ask to be born. It's not their fault they need it. If Charles has to pay for Harry then surely Harry has to pay for Archie. None of them asked to be born into it, only one has said he doesn't want it.

They didn't ask for it, but they haven't abdicated or left the royal family. They chose to stay in the role. Therefore their decision to stay in place as monarch is the reason Harry is a target. Ergo, their choices are the reason Harry needs security.

And regarding Archie, again, he's only at risk because of who his grandparent and great-granny is. Nobody would give a **** about the child of an ex-squaddie who does some charity work and some c-list actress. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

They didn't ask for it, but they haven't abdicated or left the royal family. They chose to stay in the role. Therefore their decision to stay in place as monarch is the reason Harry is a target. Ergo, their choices are the reason Harry needs security.

And regarding Archie, again, he's only at risk because of who his grandparent and great-granny is. Nobody would give a **** about the child of an ex-squaddie who does some charity work and some c-list actress. 

So Archie isnt at risk because of who his father is ? But Harry is at risk because of who his father is ?

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So Archie isnt at risk because of who his father is ? But Harry is at risk because of who his father is ?

Yes. 

Harry's old man is the future monarch of the UK. Clearly a security risk. 

Archie's old man is an ex-squaddie. Not so much of a risk. 

Edited by Norm

Jambo-Jimbo
15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Statement o'clock

Much along the lines I'd expected, acknowledge the issues, claim that you didn't know the fully story and deal with things internaly, offer support and love to them.

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yes. 

Harry's old man is the future monarch of the UK. Clearly a security risk. 

Archie's old man is an ex-squaddie. Not so much of a risk. 

So just to be clear Archie isnt the grandson of the future king then ?  But Betty should be paying for Harry ?

J.T.F.Robertson
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What a load of self righteous Bollox. 

Glad I'm not the only one to see through it. 👍

26 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I don't recall being asked if I wanted to be born, my sister was six years older than me, I am not sure my birth was more than a result of an action than a wish as happened to have the perfect son, old Jimmy the man responsible happily most of the time looked after me very well, taught me many important things none more important than to follow Hearts, the Royals have exactly the same responsibilities as Jimmy had, but he accepted his and done an excellent job of it. His gifts included making me an expert in Psychology. (just a wee personal comment. 😇)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Norm said:

Depends if they were coining it off Spotify and Netflix while pleading poverty.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Norm said:

Betty and Chuck have private estates that make millions. She has assets worth hundreds of millions. She could fork out for their safety 10 times over without even touching her "salary" from the taxpayers. 

Why should she? They'll be doing nothing to justify any tax payer or other funds from the UK. They've (well she has) made their bed. They can lie in it. 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

real world please.

pair of trumpets .

No way it will last

aye because he was too busy humping horse heid to give a toss

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why should she? They'll be doing nothing to justify any tax payer or other funds from the UK. They've (well she has) made their bed. They can lie in it. 

Plus they’ll be cashing in all over the place in the States. “Pay for our security while we’re raking in millions of sheets.” How about **** off?

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

In today's America, that's probably considered a good thing by many Republicans!

Give it a rest ML ffs. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

aye because he was too busy humping horse heid to give a toss

Diana was well weird, as were the people who turned her into a deity (most of whom couldn’t have cared less before she died).

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

If your grandkids were at risk, because of you, wouldn't you fork out to protect them? As I've mentioned, she has oodles of cash that isn't taxpayers, so she could spend that. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Harry & Meghan said they wanted to be financially independant, that was one of the reasons why they wanted out of the Royal family and not to carry out Royal duties.

They want financial independance, fine, but don't expect any money from the British taxpayer.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Harry & Meghan said they wanted to be financially independant, that was one of the reasons why they wanted out of the Royal family and not to carry out Royal duties.

They want financial independance, fine, but don't expect any money from the British taxpayer.

What they mean is they want to have unlimited earning power.

But they’d like someone else to pay their bills.

Pair of pricks.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Norm said:

If your grandkids were at risk, because of you, wouldn't you fork out to protect them? As I've mentioned, she has oodles of cash that isn't taxpayers, so she could spend that. 

Maybe Charles is paying for it, just because it's not plastered all over facebook & twitter, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

There is such a thing as keeping things private.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Give it a rest ML ffs. 

Yeah ML, Seymour's getting tired of defending his alt-right pals against meanies who think Nazis are bad. Give it a rest, ffs.