Meghan and Harry

Sharpie

Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I really doesn't paint him in a good light as you would imagine he was the first one to turn to. It being portrayed as he has no part to play in this problem but the rest of them let her down.

As you say no real questions were asked to get to the bottom of it all. It was a one sided publicity stunt, not a fair investigation.

Even more damning for Harry, was the night she only went to some event because she didn't want to be alone as she felt suicidal.

Why didn't Harry cancel their appearance at this event, his wife was heavily pregnant at the time, no big issue if they cancelled, as all they had to say was that Meghan wasn't feeling too good tonight, no problems.

But again no questions about this from Oprah, why?

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• jambopilms

• John Findlay

• Jambo-Jimbo

Byyy The Light

I actually really enjoyed watching The Crown on Netflix.  Not usually my kind of thing but I enjoyed it and it gave me a look inside some of the politics that go on with the Royals.  I also respect the Queen with how she's gone about what has been an incredible life.

Having said all that, once she's gone I think they should wrap the whole thing up.  Her reign should be the last, when she took over in the early 50's it was a different world, crowning a new king will just be pretty ridiculous in this day and age.  They are all a bunch of dysfunctional crackpots and a few of them should be in jail.

Hopefully the good that comes out of this Oprah circus is that it speeds up the demise of the monarchy.

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Even more damning for Harry, was the night she only went to some event because she didn't want to be alone as she felt suicidal.

Why didn't Harry cancel their appearance at this event, his wife was heavily pregnant at the time, no big issue if they cancelled, as all they had to say was that Meghan wasn't feeling too good tonight, no problems.

But again no questions about this from Oprah, why?

Is that not the whole point?  They are forced to do stuff like that against their will and they'd had enough.  The abuse they would've taken in the press for a no show and the likes of Piers Morgan jumping all over them would have been ridiculous.

https://www.boredpanda.com/uk-media-double-standarts-royal-meghan-markle-kate-middleton/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Have a look at this kind of thing.  Can't imagine anything worse than being involved with that family.  Horror show.  

Shanks said no

I have never considered myself a republican but find myself sharing the view that after the Queen it really needs to end. 
With Charles, William and the sprog in place already, the Firm have themselves set to reign into the 22nd century. It’s time it stopped. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It was the family. But the Queen and Phil are not in the frame. It was either his Da or Brother or either of the wives. 

Yes.  That's why neither of them would give a name.

I P Knightley
41 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Is there anyone on here, that actually cares two hoots about them or the remaining royal family? Honestly don't get it. Headline news on every channel but I have never met anyone, apart from a couple of females that loved Di, that had any interest in them. So who are the news channels aiming at?

I know I've written a reasonably long post earlier but I could definitely live without hearing anything about them.

However, the press get a ton of responses (and therefore advertising revenue) for any tittle-tattle about them from all sorts of people who like to have an opinion. If I'd been up with the lark, I'm sure I could have gone onto the Daily Mail website and collected a record number of red arrows for a comment. People just want to share their opinions and slam people who are different.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

The thing I find a bit uncomfortable about the whole Royal Family "duty" thing, is that a child born into the family, seems to have a little or no option but to join the "family business", as far as the establishment and a vast number of the UK public seem to think.

Why can't any of them, no matter how close they are to accession to the Crown, make their own life decisions of what they wish to do with their lives? Why can't they take up an occupation or way of life that they want to, albeit without any financial support from the state? I realise that Harry has benefited from his connection to the Royals, but the notion that he can't just change his job, like anyone else, seems to be something that most people wouldn't tolerate for themselves.

In the village where I now live, there once was a coal mine boss who, whilst he provided housing, jobs and amenities for the miners, demanded much in return. One of those things was some control over the families of the miners. There was a story, much repeated amongst old miners, most of whom have now passed, of a young man who had ambition to get a job outwith the mine, so that he could realise his ambitions in life. His father was told, by the coal mine boss, that if his son didn't follow him into his chosen job as a miner in the local mine, the family would no longer be able to live in their house and he would lose his job at the mine. The census of opinion was always that this was a disgraceful state of affairs and typical of the bullying of the working man that was prevalent at the time. 

Such interference in someone's life should be a thing of the past. As far as the publicity is concerned, you have the choice not to watch, listen, read or contribute in any way to them gaining from such exposure.

I don’t think it’s the case that you have to stay inside the system. But as Meghan is finding out, you can’t sack the system off and expect to keep all the perks that come with it.

I don’t doubt that the Royal Family are woefully out of date and in need of massive change. But Markle is a self-publicist who wants to be seen as Mothera Theresa and is obsessed with her own celebrity. The problem with the Royal Family will have been the fact that she couldn’t get her own way all the time. From there on she was never going to cope.

She’s done an amazing job of stripping away whatever personality Harry had. He’s now a complete void

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Is that not the whole point?  They are forced to do stuff like that against their will and they'd had enough.  The abuse they would've taken in the press for a no show and the likes of Piers Morgan jumping all over them would have been ridiculous.

https://www.boredpanda.com/uk-media-double-standarts-royal-meghan-markle-kate-middleton/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Have a look at this kind of thing.  Can't imagine anything worse than being involved with that family.  Horror show.  

We all have to do things that we don't want to do, but either through getting paid, and easy life or it's the law we have to do it.

Meghan willingly entered the Royal family, she choose to become part of the 'firm'.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

We all have to do things that we don't want to do, but either through getting paid, and easy life or it's the law we have to do it.

Meghan willingly entered the Royal family, she choose to become part of the 'firm'.

The state of her trying to do an interview with Oprah before they got married. It tells you everything 

She knew what the firm was about and still joined anyway. Strange life move.

You don't join any organisation in life if you don't agree with how things are done or it doesn't suit your personality. And when you leave because it did suit you don't then claim to be a CEO or whatever of that organisation and still want to use it's security etc

She did it anyway and it's everyone else's fault.

Why is the question, she would t be sitting with Oprah if she hadn't.

Edited by jambopilms

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You've just contradicted your original point that I was responding to.  You asked why Harry didn't just cancel and I said he couldn't. Now you are saying we all have to do things we don't want to.

Anyway, not particularly bothered about the semantics of it all.  I guess I found Harry the best of a bad bunch so it annoys me when I see what the press have done to them, Meghan might be an arse but the treatment those two have had in comparison to the Cambridges is shocking.  Most of it because she's not from an upper class, millionaire family from Kent or Sussex.  Press have been desperately stirring up trouble between the 4 of them since day one. I just think it's sad.

Doing themselves no favours with these kinds of interviews, would be better trying to lay low however they'd just write about them anyway.  I get why they want to try and tell their side of the story but it's not going to help them.  Just make people more entrenched in what they already believe.

Not even sure why I wasted my time writing this 😄 

Jambo-Jimbo
14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The state of her trying to do an interview with Oprah before they got married. It tells you everything 

Yeh, for 3 years Oprah was after an interview, so according to Oprah herself.

6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Getting married 2 days early is very odd. So the televised version was just a sham? 

3 days before, so yes the whole televised Royal wedding thing was a sham.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

What was Harry doing while his wife was depressed ? Or is it just the other royals that had to support her.

Eh, he took her out of the Royal Environment and moved abroad. Spent 2 years discussing with the family how the go about it and suggested that they move to a Commonwealth country like NZ. 

Not sure if you watched it all but they both went to "The Institute" (the 2 or 3 people who run the show) and in their words were told that they can't give her support. 

6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Getting married 2 days early is very odd. So the televised version was just a sham? 

Yes. Pretty much how they saw it I think. "It wasn't a day for us it was a day for the rest of the world".

A lack of context with a lot of it. 

Charles not answering his calls. Maybe he was just being a moaning brat and only calling to demand money and security etc.

The question of the colour of the baby is clearly dodgy ground but there is no context. Was it a genuine question since he is see through ginger and she is mixed race, just like what eye or hair colour discussion that every parent has. Or was it I hope the baby is not black. Two different things.

Her entire family minus her maw have disowned her for being a bullshitting, lying, greeting faced drama queen. 

I'm sure she was telling the truth in that interview though 

My heart bleeds for the poor wee victim

I like everyone else have developed my own set of opinions about this couple.

I like Harry I liked his attitude to his men in Afghanistan. I always suspected for whatever reason he was happy among real people. Life in the Royal Family must be difficult as we are as close to ever having the top job as Harry was or is.     

I watched Meghan in her series, it was good my wife and I followed it diligently. Even in that there was some reference to racism being the child of a prominent black lawyer and a white mother in the show. Although the series was successful and Meghan performed her role well, she was not someone my wife and I looked at as a future Oscar winner, she was an average actress.

I look at the marriage as two people who may well love each other, but it offered both an opportunity. Harry a way  of being for the want of a better word normal, and Meghan the opportunity for lots of media and public attention to enhance her career.

We criticise the Family for their actions and words. I personally think of the word family as a misnomer, the descriptive term The Firm is more suitable. Like a firm I suspect the Palace advisers, managers, and et al do all the talking, releasing of news and the family go along with it.  

One wee bit about her depression or statement that things were so bad she no longer as she put it wanted to live. The pictures of her and Harry attending a function and her smiling and acting happy were all an act so her secret would be maintained. Probably the best role that night she ever played.

They are a sad couple, Harry a  good lad in the wrong family, Meghan at the highest an average actress, who now has the spotlight performers desire, both could be seen to have satisfied their ambitions, but only time will tell how truly successful they have been. 

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

You've just contradicted your original point that I was responding to.  You asked why Harry didn't just cancel and I said he couldn't. Now you are saying we all have to do things we don't want to.

Anyway, not particularly bothered about the semantics of it all.  I guess I found Harry the best of a bad bunch so it annoys me when I see what the press have done to them, Meghan might be an arse but the treatment those two have had in comparison to the Cambridges is shocking.  Most of it because she's not from an upper class, millionaire family from Kent or Sussex.  Press have been desperately stirring up trouble between the 4 of them since day one. I just think it's sad.

Doing themselves no favours with these kinds of interviews, would be better trying to lay low however they'd just write about them anyway.  I get why they want to try and tell their side of the story but it's not going to help them.  Just make people more entrenched in what they already believe.

Not even sure why I wasted my time writing this 😄 

I don't think I have contradicted myself, but that's a matter of opinion.

Duty bound or not, being paid or not, I'm damn sure I'd put my pregnant wife's mental health and her well being way way before duty or money.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point but there’s plenty of evidence all through history that shows this. 

2ABADE8D00000578-0-image-a-27_1437525689948.thumb.jpg.f1628ffdfe507fadc0aa9e451ea82203.jpg

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

2ABADE8D00000578-0-image-a-27_1437525689948.thumb.jpg.f1628ffdfe507fadc0aa9e451ea82203.jpg

I see your Edward and raise you a Liz the last, her mum and Phil the racist. 

E58DF2B6-B8DD-483F-A513-D4304C2B4470.jpeg

04FABC9E-70A9-4FD8-8E32-9E431286C37F.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You missed Harry off the list. Oprah should have asked about that

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I have never considered myself a republican but find myself sharing the view that after the Queen it really needs to end. 
With Charles, William and the sprog in place already, the Firm have themselves set to reign into the 22nd century. It’s time it stopped. 

But for what reasons does it ha to stop? 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t think it’s the case that you have to stay inside the system. But as Meghan is finding out, you can’t sack the system off and expect to keep all the perks that come with it.

I don’t doubt that the Royal Family are woefully out of date and in need of massive change. But Markle is a self-publicist who wants to be seen as Mothera Theresa and is obsessed with her own celebrity. The problem with the Royal Family will have been the fact that she couldn’t get her own way all the time. From there on she was never going to cope.

She’s done an amazing job of stripping away whatever personality Harry had. He’s now a complete void

Both brothers are a bit dull. Meghan Markel had nothing to do with that. I heard William described, on tv recently, as the dullest man in the UK. It seems to be drummed into them that you have to be boring and uncontroversial, for fear of attracting the wrong kind of publicity from a press and public who love gossip.

I'm fairly sure that Meghan Markel knew exactly what she was getting into. If she didn't, she's not very bright. The comment from Philip that " one steps out with an actress, one doesn't marry her" gives a clear indication of what she could expect once connected.

Makes you wonder what Prince Rainier was thinking about when he married an American actress. Maybe he didn't have a family, public or press pack ready to stir up trouble because she was an outsider. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

To be fair on auld Phil, that's him at his sisters funeral when he was a young boy. He at least fought against the Nazi's in WW2. 

King Edward was an actual Nazi. 

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Ma Roon said:

But for what reasons does it ha to stop? 

It’s a rolling juggernaut, with succession in place for at least 3 more generations. Logical to conclude after the reign of the Queen, pointless passing the title to Charles in his 80’s and William is young enough to make a new way for himself in life. 

No place for a monarchy in 21st and 22nd century Britain 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You missed Harry off the list. Oprah should have asked about that

Forgot about that, he’s only a half brother to the future king though and has now left on a free transfer so not sure if he counts as a royal 😜

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

To be fair on auld Phil, that's him at his sisters funeral when he was a young boy. He at least fought against the Nazi's in WW2. 

King Edward was an actual Nazi. 

Yeah both his sisters married Nazis, didn’t know that until last week. 

Pasquale for King

I think it all went sour when the future king of England cheered on Wales to victory over England at their own Rugby World Cup at Twickenham 😆
I wonder if Harry sang along to Swing low sweet chariot 😱🤔?!?!

FA04017B-ABC5-4955-B146-8631F32E09D1.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

I like everyone else have developed my own set of opinions about this couple.

I like Harry I liked his attitude to his men in Afghanistan. I always suspected for whatever reason he was happy among real people. Life in the Royal Family must be difficult as we are as close to ever having the top job as Harry was or is.     

I watched Meghan in her series, it was good my wife and I followed it diligently. Even in that there was some reference to racism being the child of a prominent black lawyer and a white mother in the show. Although the series was successful and Meghan performed her role well, she was not someone my wife and I looked at as a future Oscar winner, she was an average actress.

I look at the marriage as two people who may well love each other, but it offered both an opportunity. Harry a way  of being for the want of a better word normal, and Meghan the opportunity for lots of media and public attention to enhance her career.

We criticise the Family for their actions and words. I personally think of the word family as a misnomer, the descriptive term The Firm is more suitable. Like a firm I suspect the Palace advisers, managers, and et al do all the talking, releasing of news and the family go along with it.  

One wee bit about her depression or statement that things were so bad she no longer as she put it wanted to live. The pictures of her and Harry attending a function and her smiling and acting happy were all an act so her secret would be maintained. Probably the best role that night she ever played.

They are a sad couple, Harry a  good lad in the wrong family, Meghan at the highest an average actress, who now has the spotlight performers desire, both could be seen to have satisfied their ambitions, but only time will tell how truly successful they have been. 

Stick to being a cop, your psychology is bang average. 

Stendelnator
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

New York Post not convinced by her. So not just the British media

https://nypost.com/2021/03/07/meghan-markles-interview-was-full-of-bull/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Look at the other columns that woman has written 🤣 of course she’ll hate Meghan. There’s one defending Trump who has publicly attacked her. 

Anything that brings this corrupt institution to its knees is a victory for me. Good for them. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Stick to being a cop, your psychology is bang average. 

Gee when I had my psychology courses I done well, and very well in my psychological profiling training, but I yield to the more knowledgeable.

Piers Morgan is just raging H & M didn't agree to do life stories. 

How this ***** gets to still be on telly influencing people to hate these two is beyond me. He nearly got a headmaster his jotters and his followers made him give up social media, all because he has a sleeve of tattoos and Piers hates tattoos. 

I'm actually close to joining twitter and Facebook so I can troll. That's T(roll) not t(rawl) as some weirdos like to mispronunce, the life right out of the phone hacking, fake torture printing ex editor of a shite paper bellend(His words, not mine) 

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Look at the other columns that woman has written 🤣 of course she’ll hate Meghan. There’s one defending Trump who has publicly attacked her. 

Anything that brings this corrupt institution to its knees is a victory for me. Good for them. 

:spoton:

Maroon Sailor
22 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Is there such a thing as an institution that isn't corrupt ?!

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Meghan knew exactly what she was getting into when she married Harry.

I'm not sure that's strictly true. Just like Harry's mother before her didnt fully understand what she was fully getting into.

Unlike Harry's mother, Meghan doesnt know how to play the British media as her disadvantage is she is not British but an American, so the British media will be antagonistic to her from the start.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm not sure that's strictly true. Just like Harry's mother before her didnt fully understand what she was fully getting into.

I think that's the case - protocol is a horrible thing to get used to.

Not sure if you've done any Royal duties / visits but I have never felt comfortable with them.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
51 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Worth listening to this if you are one of the people who hear the word Meghan and start 

:seething:

I get this but none of it changes the fact that a lot of people can see Markle for what she is - an attention-seeking gold digger.

The media go way over the top but it’s very convenient for people who don’t want to actually speak about Markle’s character to use comparisons like O’Brien has here. You can scrutinise and dislike both sides no problem 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Unlike Harry's mother, Meghan doesnt know how to play the British media as her disadvantage is she is not British but an American, so the British media will be antagonistic to her from the start.

I'm sure Meghan has been around and delt with intrusive media for long enough now to have learned how to play the game.

It's not like she was a shop worker suddenly thrust into this media storm by dating a Prince, she has been used to dealing with the media for years, besides you'd have thought Harry would have given her the heads up of what to expect, assuming she hadn't already checked out about the media and Diana, it's all there on the internet.

I'm not sure when it all went wrong, never really followed any of it that closely, but I think Meghan, at the start got a fairly good press from the majority of the media, when and why that changed I don't know.

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Completely  agree,  Hes very similar to Diana who wore her heart on her sleeve and wasn't afraid to show her emotions and talk about her mental health.  This was revolutionary stuff back in the 90s and sadly she paid for it with her life.  Harry is just too good for that cold heartless bunch. He is making his mental health and his wife and children's mental and emotional well being his priority. It would have only got worse if they had stayed.  Like I said I believe we need to get shof of the Royals yesterday but i wish him and his family well for the future.  

And Harry similar to his dad James Hewitt that’s another scandal the whole country knew about no wonder the boys got issues 

I don’t like any of them so it’s quite funny how badly they are all coming out of this :lol:

Accusing one of the royal family of racism and then saying he will never say who it is (but it’s not the queen or Philip) :rofl: hilariously bad publicity stunt. 

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think that's the case - protocol is a horrible thing to get used to.

Not sure if you've done any Royal duties / visits but I have never felt comfortable with them.

First time April 10th 1986 for the then Princess Diana, Princess of Wales, when she officially opened the Sealife centre in Southsea.

November 86, Naval guard at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday.

Because of my height I was right in the middle of the front row the queen 15 yds away from me.

Summer 89 guardship for the Royal yacht when onboard Hms Andromeda. First the Queen mum for Caen for 45th D day celebrations.

Then for the Queen and Prince Philip for a tour of the Channel Islands Guernsey and Jersey. 

As the killick bunting on Andromeda that was a very busy time for me with ceremonial. Countless dress ship overall and ceremonial colours and sunsets.

the baby colour conversation maybe wasn't as offensive as Meg suggested. Harry has chat with someone, asked what the skin colour might be, he wasn't offended but Meg was. That's why he said nothing as it was a bit of a non event and nobody would look good if it really came out.

Maybe.

Meghan's never gonna read a word of any this on Kickback, or on anyone here's social media accounts.

But when you say you don't believe that she was suicidal—a whole lot of people, some of them likely your friends, will see the way you respond to someone baring a very private, very painful part of their mental health struggle.

J.T.F.Robertson
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

the baby colour conversation maybe wasn't as offensive as Meg suggested. Harry has chat with someone, asked what the skin colour might be, he wasn't offended but Meg was. That's why he said nothing as it was a bit of a non event and nobody would look good if it really came out.

Maybe.

At least there'll be less of this racism bollox now they're living in the States.

Meghans previous marriage was to a producer, it didn't last long three years, but it doesn't do any harm to have a close relationship with someone in your own industry, not analysing like, just saying.

13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Maybe.

She described the conversation as the individual 'having concerns' about the babies colour. Not just a mcasual discussion similar to a babies eye colour, like some on here have suggested.

And Harry said he would never talk about it or who it was, due to the serious nature of it and the consequences it would have.

Edited by hughesie27