• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyNic

• Tenaciousdandy

• milky_26

• Smack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thoughts: Boofs post doesn't say either way whether Andy was investigated or not and I'm struggling to see why Andy is being so easily jumped on BUT we are at the stage of the game where it might be worth a punt as it might be able to tell us more. If he's a townie I would look at those involved in the middle of the lynch. Did Boof mention anyone else last night before he died? I haven't had time to read back as I'm at uni all day today then got an hours drive home. Could someone pull up who voted for Andy and who voted for peaky last night?

Prince Buaben
46 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Why do you think I'm a goon?

Nothing I've seen on here stands out. Wary of the 1st day vote stuff. Possible games. Maybe. Although you are my 1st day vote. 

2 teams of goons. something tells me your in one of then 

Rudi Skacel

I havent seen shapes do much goonly activities tbh. 

the Andy situation is a tough one. Are the masons trying to vote for Andy tacticly (if he was investigated), or is it one goon team gambling on Andy being part of the other goon team and hoping for the best. Im going to read back boofs posts from day two and see if I can spot anything. 

sorry iv not been on as much. Im trying to stay as active as possible during the day by being outside alot. 

What I took from Boof's post was that Andy hadn't been investigated. Bit surprised at the votes for him but as some are saying, he could still be a goon. I'd be a bit surprised now though since Boof went out on a limb a wee bit. 

I'm out and about today so I'll see what develops as the day goes on.

On 05/03/2021 at 21:20, Boof said:

BS irrelevant so I'll just investigate Sean.

Would be my instruction to Dandy, were I able to do so.

I'm not.

Can we safely assume that Sean is NOT a mason or the cop from this? 

On 05/03/2021 at 23:21, Boof said:

Transvision Vamps

4. Smack

8. Stuart McNeil

22. Peaky 

Werewolves

3. AlimOzturk 

6. Yvonnejambo 

18. Seats

As chosen by Mrs Boof's version of Dandy's wheel of truth.

On 05/03/2021 at 23:22, Boof said:

Although...despite my goon lists, I'd have to say Andy's been suspiciously talkative...

Vote Andy

On 05/03/2021 at 23:56, Boof said:

Jings - awfy quiet.

Let's...

Unvote Andy

Vote AlimO

just to see if that rouses anyone from their slumbers...

On 06/03/2021 at 14:40, Boof said:

Fingers poised over the 'get ready to vote potential modkills' keystrokes.

Yes, I know it's very information-unrevealing but much better than losing a good-roled player.

On 06/03/2021 at 19:12, Boof said:

Is this the half-hour hiatus until everything kicks off?

Or are there no goons under threat?

On 06/03/2021 at 19:20, Boof said:

Unvote Alim

On 06/03/2021 at 19:22, Boof said:

If GOFS doesn't turn up soon that's where my vote is heading.

Presume she's not a goon or mason or they'd be pinging her relentlessly but there is the small off-chance of a good role.

On 06/03/2021 at 19:30, Boof said:

It means we'll reboot with effectively another day 1 but with just a fraction more information for the Cop/mason gang.

With apologies to Dandy for not giving them their proper names...it's easier for me just to call them what they are :lol: 

On 06/03/2021 at 19:50, Boof said:

Wary of people not wanting to (potentially) lose 2 good folk?

So how does day 1 figure in your thinking?

I think it's very rare that folk will go AWOL any day other than day 1.

On 06/03/2021 at 20:04, Boof said:

I can just about see your point but disagree with it so much!

Correct that we don't learn much from it - it just means we re-start day 1 with 2 fewer people (unless the Doc makes a miracle save). 

However, it means we'll surely get an investigation in (the masons surely wouldn't allow GOFS to get lynched, although it would be difficult to save her by now).

I also agree it's easy for the goons to hide behind but for that very reason, if I was a goon, I wouldn't do it but I'd use the old 'goons hiding' excuse to try to apportion blame on others. Just like Peaky seems to be insinuating.

On 06/03/2021 at 20:10, Boof said:

I see it as reboot day 1 with a smidgin more info for the good team and 2 fewer good players (unless 1 goon team takes out one of the other).

On 06/03/2021 at 20:49, Boof said:

Not any more...

Sorry GOFS, but it's better for the town this way.

Vote GOFS

On 06/03/2021 at 20:56, Boof said:

I'm not particularly happy about it either but I see it as the least bad option give the paucity of information available to us.

On 06/03/2021 at 21:16, Boof said:

Holy ****ulating moly!

That was unexpected!

And echoing the sentiments re la famille Seats

On 06/03/2021 at 22:05, Boof said:

I don't mean to sound like I'm jumping on the 'C'mon Peaky explain yourself' wagon, but this would be awfully similar circumstances to the GOFS-lynch...wouldn't it?

Not participating during the day.

Attracting votes.

Nobody coming out to defend - though others seem to have spotted something about the voting that warrants further attention.

On 06/03/2021 at 22:07, Boof said:

Good to hear.

Tell GOFS we're sorry...but only a wee bit. We'd be much sorrier if she wasn't a heathenish werewolf :lol: 

On 06/03/2021 at 23:54, Boof said:

Bummer we've lost the ST.

I think, as a town, we needn't concern ourselves too much with the assassin's identity for now - more important to root out goons.

I'm not a fan of referencing old games and old grudges (real or convenient excuses) but I do recall a game where I was in a goon team with Prince (I think) and voted him early on day 1 as he was being tardy to post. As it turned out he never showed up and the early vote on day 1 was enough to keep the cop off my heels for the game and we ended up victorious. I think Prince won as a goon without opening the PM :lol: 

The point of my story...Riddley voted GOFS reasonably early and stayed there. 

On 07/03/2021 at 00:06, Boof said:

No...we invite him to plead his innocence.

On 07/03/2021 at 12:39, Boof said:

We're only just into day 2, and I've already opined that with the lynch of the potential modkill it's near enough a reboot of day 1 with 2 fewer folk and a fraction more information for the good team.

I'll theorise what I can but I can't do an awful lot with next-to-nothing to work with.

Furthermore, I've discovered that I'm able to access a library of films through my work so have spent this morning over the cuckoo's nest. Never knew Danny DeVito, Christopher Lloyd and William Duell (Johnny the shoeshine boy from Police Squad) were all in it. But that's irrelevant...

Heading back for a re-read now if that's okay with you?

On 07/03/2021 at 12:55, Boof said:

Riddley

Shapes

Andy

Rudi

Yvonne

Boof

Peaky

That's who I've got as the 7 GOFS voters (add in usual disclaimer).

I know fine why I voted her. I did want to hold off as long as possible to give her every chance to turn up but it never happened - good news for the town as it turned out.

The two most notable ones for me are the first and last.

The first because it mirrors a goon-tactic I used a good few games ago. Riddley claims it's 'not his style'.

The last because Peaky had been so adamant through the day that a GOFS vote was - if I may paraphrase - a load of shite.

Out of the middle five - I'm happy to be investigated.

On 07/03/2021 at 13:04, Boof said:

1. Rudi Skacel

2. Good Old Fashioned Scandal: GOON - lynch D1

3. AlimOzturk 

4. Smack

5. Iantjambo 

6. Yvonnejambo 

7. Nunya Business: SUPERTOWNIE - goonwhack N1 

8. Stuart McNeil

9. Bunny Munro 

10. AndyNic

11. Boof

12. Jambosean75 

13. Milky26

14. Prince Buaben 

15. Riddley Walker 

16. Shapes 

17. Vlad 

18. Seats

19. Dunks

20. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

22. Peaky 

I see no need to change my goon lists - though Peaky may need to swap with someone if he was in protect-GOFS mode. I'm not convinced that he was...not convinced that he wasn't.

Transvision Vamps

4. Smack

8. Stuart McNeil

22. Peaky 

Werewolves - any 2 out of

3. AlimOzturk 

6. Yvonnejambo 

18. Seats

Boof's goon lists

On 07/03/2021 at 13:12, Boof said:

I can't lynch you - I only have one vote to cast.

But you have encouraged me to go and take a closer look at what you've had to say for yourself.

And I take great offence to being voted when I'm not a goon or assassin.

To Milky...

23 hours ago, Boof said:

In fact...just looking at the numbers - that would give 5 goons out of the first 8 places.

Yes - it's as possible as any other combination. Just wouldn't feel right. 

18 hours ago, Boof said:

Andy, I'm going to have to take it on trust that you're not Doc, Cop or mason as you claim.

Today definitely has a day 1 feel about it...we can't glean all that much from yesterday's voting (cop and masons might?) but at least we're a goon down.

I presume nobody's heading for modkill territory today?

Hitting a goon would be best - obviously.

Assassin next.

Then  townie (turncoat especially)

Vote AndyNic

18 hours ago, Boof said:

At the time of posting I thought I was taking him into a tie with Peaky...

18 hours ago, Boof said:

Just wondering - in a totally non-snarky fashion - how does voting Andy protect him?

17 hours ago, Boof said:

Does sound a bit far-fetched but could be plausible.

17 hours ago, Boof said:

So if Peaky and Andy are both in the same goon team...you're saying it's a bad thing for me to vote Andy?

Is that what you really mean?

17 hours ago, Boof said:

Nah - no idea what Peaky is. Andy seemed more definite that he was definitely NOT Cop, Doc, mason. Wouldn't want to get rid of Peaky only to find he IS actually good-roled.

On the other hand...would want to get rid of either, or both, if goonly.

Can prove a useful approach.

17 hours ago, Boof said:

Maybe too late to rein him in after the gif got posted?

Either a whole lot of fire-fighting on the cop/mason thread...or Peaky's just doing a whole heap of plonker-pulling. Either as townie, assassin or goon.

He surely...SURELY can't be good-roled?

16 hours ago, Boof said:

Unvote AndyNic

16 hours ago, Boof said:

:orly?:

15 hours ago, Boof said:

Presumably by virtue of the investigation result?

Likewise I can state with the utmost certainty that I wasn't investigated.

14 hours ago, Boof said:

If it's standard Cop investigation - wouldn't the goons have been all over that to deny the Cop getting a useful investigation result?

Unless...

14 hours ago, Boof said:

I may have worded it clumsily.

If it's standard practice to investigate someone close to the top of the voting then the goons could target that player to deny the result being useful.

Goons clearly didn't go for Andy.

1) They struck it incredibly lucky in hitting Riddley

2) They spotted something that Riddley had posted to suggest Doc-ness

3) They didn't want to hit one of their own

There may be reasons 4), 5) and more.

But that is what I was getting at.

Boof multi-post.

2 in particular that have perked up my suspicions!

I'll re-quote seperately.

I've had to not quote his spreadsheet posts and vote counted posts and a couple on Ridley as they are irrelevant as we know Riddley was the doc unfortunately.

On 07/03/2021 at 13:06, Boof said:

Too late :P

Why not? Scared I find something to implicate you?

On 07/03/2021 at 13:12, Boof said:

I can't lynch you - I only have one vote to cast.

But you have encouraged me to go and take a closer look at what you've had to say for yourself.

And I take great offence to being voted when I'm not a goon or assassin.

Both to Milky...

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Sorry folks, busy day at work so not been able to get online until now.

I also took Boof's post as a hint that Andy wasn't investigated. The pile on seemed a little suspicious to me but has now calmed down a bit. I do think Andy is a goon (and I notice he tried to turn things on me earlier on the back of the Riddley killing) but I was a bit uneasy about the pile on based on a possible mis-interpretation.

I'm finding this is a very difficult game to read, having the two goon teams makes it doubly so but it's an interesting element to the game as the tactics of both teams could be wildly different.

Right 

Unvote andy

I can’t see how anyone can really know what Boof actually meant apart from the masons but I am going to stick with my original assessment of it for now. 

Boofs comments to milky is interesting and would like to see what milky has to say about them. Would he have been the one that was investigated?

Edited by AlimOzturk

6 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I also took Boof's post as a hint that Andy wasn't investigated. The pile on seemed a little suspicious to me but has now calmed down a bit. I do think Andy is a goon (and I notice he tried to turn things on me earlier on the back of the Riddley killing) but I was a bit uneasy about the pile on based on a possible mis-interpretation.

I'm finding this is a very difficult game to read, having the two goon teams makes it doubly so but it's an interesting element to the game as the tactics of both teams could be wildly different.

See I don't mind this approach. I respect the fact that you didn't pile on and are going off previous thoughts. In my defence I only said you were dodgy after you said I was dodgy on day 1 based on nothing.  I've since read back Boof's posts and a few others and that's why I haven't said anything further to you on it. 

Bunny Munro

I've read Boofs post a few time and have arrived at the opposite conclusion each time.

think it suggests that Andy was investigated. I am probably 51% sure it says that. 49% sure it says he wasnt.

Rudi Skacel
7 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I've read Boofs post a few time and have arrived at the opposite conclusion each time.

think it suggests that Andy was investigated. I am probably 51% sure it says that. 49% sure it says he wasnt.

fact is, we dont know. There are only 3 players who do know. Would be silly to make assumptions. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

There's still four goons to identify and kill, plus the one that is actually known to the masons.

I don't think there's much value in sitting trying to figure out what Boof may or may not have been suggesting as there are enough goons left to deflect the attention elsewhere anyway.

May just need to be a case of going with your gut and the masons can try and steer the voting if we're looking like lynching one.

Bunny Munro
5 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

fact is, we dont know. There are only 3 players who do know. Would be silly to make assumptions. 

I agree, best to leave it for now.

Worth remembering though, just because he may not have been investigated, doesn't mean hes not a goon.

So may be a reasonable punt if nothing else come up.

Unless Boof was trying to say hes a mason.

Stuart McNeill

2 games ago (Im sure) I was a mason and this exact scenario happened.

Town was guessing left, right and centre about who was investigated based on near enough the exact same situation and it turned out. The town was wrong and it wasn't anyone they suspected.

I'm NOT saying thats happened just now but what I can say, I feel its a waste of time guessing who could have been investigated

14 hours ago, Boof said:

If it's standard Cop investigation - wouldn't the goons have been all over that to deny the Cop getting a useful investigation result?

Unless...

Unless what godammit? Unless Andy is a goon? Unless Andy was in a rival faction to that nights killers? Unless Andy wasn't investigated? Unless Andy was to serve as a distraction?

I was looking more closely at Boof's [ahem] clarification post and didn't really give this one the attention it maybe deserves, so I can now understand the Andy votes a bit more.

The danger is that this becomes the Andy show and baddies skate by unnoticed, especially some of the quieter sorts. 

Stuart McNeill
5 minutes ago, Smack said:

Unless what godammit? Unless Andy is a goon? Unless Andy was in a rival faction to that nights killers? Unless Andy wasn't investigated? Unless Andy was to serve as a distraction?

I was looking more closely at Boof's [ahem] clarification post and didn't really give this one the attention it maybe deserves, so I can now understand the Andy votes a bit more.

The danger is that this becomes the Andy show and baddies skate by unnoticed, especially some of the quieter sorts. 

The thing I don't understand about this. (regard the goons being all over Andy).

If the other goon team picked up on riddley being doc. It'd be more important to kill the doc instead of Andy.

Or if Andys a goon and his team was killing tonight. They surely wouldn't kill one of their own? 😂

Once again.

Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.

12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Is this just a hunch or do you know that Milky is a goon?

I dont know anything, i'm a townie. But boof was fairly clear, so he aint no cop/mason. Balance of probability.

22 minutes ago, Seats said:

Milky is the answer. Go.

Seats you have previous for being a bit of a rascal with this sort of thing...😁

5 minutes ago, Smack said:

Seats you have previous for being a bit of a rascal with this sort of thing...😁

I also have previous for being right 😉

Not always though 🤣

41 minutes ago, Seats said:

Milky is the answer. Go.

vote for me then and when i'm shown to be a townie you will look even more goonly. i am happy getting lynched as i am unroled. and if i survive i would say investigate me

13 minutes ago, Seats said:

I also have previous for being right 😉

Not always though 🤣

not on this ocassion your not

yvonnejambo

I haven’t had a chance to read back as work is manic today. Will try and get a proper look about 5ish but then have a meeting until 7 😩

40 minutes ago, Seats said:

Maybe not, but i'll be happy to be lynched if i'm wrong.

We can’t afford these kind of risks.

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

So lets not vote for anyone and all live happily ever after 🙄

Stuart McNeill
7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

If he's claiming townie. Surely that'd be better than a mason/Cop.

Not as good as a goon mind..

Read what boof said. Dont believe me, believe him. My role is irrelevant. No masons are going to reveal themselves yet, so this is what we have to go on. Or we just wildly guess again, influenced by goons.

5 minutes ago, Seats said:

So lets not vote for anyone and all live happily ever after 🙄

I’m not saying that at all. 

1 minute ago, Seats said:

Read what boof said. Dont believe me, believe him. My role is irrelevant. No masons are going to reveal themselves yet, so this is what we have to go on. Or we just wildly guess again, influenced by goons.

I pointed this out in the Boof multi-quote and I'm happy to go on this basis as nothing else to go on right now.

VOTE MILKY

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

I pointed this out in the Boof multi-quote and I'm happy to go on this basis as nothing else to go on right now.

VOTE MILKY

you are a feckin goon. 

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you are a feckin goon. 

And you're getting very defensive for somebody that doesn't have anything to hide...

I'm not a goon. Only role I could possibly be is the turncoat and you can quote me on that when the game is done :cool: 

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you are a feckin goon. 

Love that you're calling me a goon because I pointed out Boof's clues that he'd take a closer look at you :lol:

Is it because you spent ages multi quoting people and calling them goons and now you've been rumbled?

21 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Love that you're calling me a goon because I pointed out Boof's clues that he'd take a closer look at you :lol:

Is it because you spent ages multi quoting people and calling them goons and now you've been rumbled?

i wont change my vote so have no chance of saving myself and when im lycnhed and proved to be a townie it will show how much of a goon you are

Not decided who to vote for yet. I see milky and andy are attracting attention but I'm not sure which, if any are more suspicious.

Would milky really hide in such plain sight with all the multiquotes?

Doesn't help that we have no clue who was investigated and probably won't get that info for a while 

yvonnejambo

The only snippets of info we can trust are from Boof and I reckon he was saying Andy got investigated and came up as a goon. His reason why he wasn’t killed by the goons last night is because he is in that team? 

Vote Andy

we know for sure he isn’t good roled and most likely have been investigated.

Rest of my goon list

Vlad

Ian

Seats

Sheldon

yvonnejambo
3 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

How can it be suspicious a pile on Andy but you think he’s a goon anyway?