Mass clear out?

GinRummy

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Snoreson is not going to catch on btw. It just doesn't resemble Neilson enough. 

Neilsnooze? 

Neilsyawn? 

REM-bie Neilson? 

I'm out. 

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Neilsnooze? 

Neilsyawn? 

REM-bie Neilson? 

I'm out. 

I'll stick with Leveilson.

Just now, jambonian said:

I'll stick with Leveilson.

Nah, makes him sound like some Brazilian wunderkind. 

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

This post makes a good point.

You're quite right it's these middling journeyman who've largely added very little. And maybe some sort of transfer policy would help remedy that.

Only thing I would say is malaury Martin had played for France at all age groups, bozanic had a cap for Australia, damour played for France up to u20. So on paper could argue all fitted the bill.

I remember looking at his Wiki page when he first signed : he's never stayed at any club for any length of time and rarely played a full season in his entire career.

Having said that in the car crash friendly in Dublin just before Cathro was binned,  I thought he looked like a player (although he was surrounded by a sea of hopelessness). Of course, it didn't last long. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Snoreson is not going to catch on btw. It just doesn't resemble Neilson enough. 

Zombieson?

Corpseson?

Wankson?

All strong contenders 

Holyrood_Hearts

We surely aren’t considering a new playing contract for Berra or offering any deals to White & Frear? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

You're quite right it's these middling journeyman who've largely added very little. And maybe some sort of transfer policy would help remedy that.

Only thing I would say is malaury Martin had played for France at all age groups, bozanic had a cap for Australia, damour played for France up to u20. So on paper could argue all fitted the bill.

Martin and Damour were never going to see Scottish football as anything other than a dead end for them. Zero hunger and zero enthusiasm, the same as Clare. We’ve got an added problem that players now are joining a club with a woeful work ethic and a squad with loads of wage thieves in it. So they probably sign up and lose the will to live instantly 

indianajones
17 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

We surely aren’t considering a new playing contract for Berra or offering any deals to White & Frear? 

Not a chance. 

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Not a chance. 

I concur. All players out of contract will be released imo. 

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Martin and Damour were never going to see Scottish football as anything other than a dead end for them. Zero hunger and zero enthusiasm, the same as Clare. We’ve got an added problem that players now are joining a club with a woeful work ethic and a squad with loads of wage thieves in it. So they probably sign up and lose the will to live instantly 

Our approach to the transfer market reminds me of this

Homer Simpsom Electrocuted GIF - HomerSimpsom Electrocuted GIFs

We're doing the same things every transfer window and not ****ing learning. Focus should be on young Scottish talent (largely academy), and older pro's who can impart experience and set standards. Anything else and we're pishing against the wind more often than not. 

Rogue Daddy
43 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Neilsnooze? 

Neilsyawn? 

REM-bie Neilson? 

I'm out. 

Neilzzzzzzzzzon?

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Spellczech said:

That was the interview that killed my faith in Budge and made me decide she is utterly clueless...Basically she's an IT entrepreneur not a businesswoman.

She got lucky with one company that wasn’t just her success, she had a partner. Chris Robinson got lucky with one company too, it happens. She’s totally out her depth in the world of football. 

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McEneff faded after 45mins after looking exactly what we need.

He's the type of signing that makes sense 

I really think we've potentially got a great player there, as you say hopefully the life doesn't get sucked out of him

Edited by Alan_R

Gordon/Stewart 

Souttar/Popescu New CB/Hallkett

Smith/New RB                  Kingsley/Halliday

McEneff/Haring 2xNew CM

GMS/Walker     2x New AM/WG

Boyce/Gnanduillet/ New CF

12 Out - Zlamal, Berra, Brandon, White, Damour, Lee, Cochrane, Frear, Roberts, Wighton, Henderson, Naismith 

6 or 7 new players needed imo. 

Holyrood_Hearts
49 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon/Stewart 

McEneff/Haring 2xNew CM

12 Out - Zlamal, Berra, Brandon, White, Damour, Lee, Cochrane, Frear, Roberts, Wighton, Henderson, Naismith 

Irving out too it’s looking like

59 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon/Stewart 

McEneff/Haring 2xNew CM

A lot of your out players are going nowhere.  Players like Damour and Naismith are on ridiculous contracts that they won’t get anywhere else ever again in their live.  

We need a club that is as badly mismanaged as us to come and take them off our hands - that’s very hard to find. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Our approach to the transfer market reminds me of this

Homer Simpsom Electrocuted GIF - HomerSimpsom Electrocuted GIFs

We're doing the same things every transfer window and not ****ing learning. Focus should be on young Scottish talent (largely academy), and older pro's who can impart experience and set standards. Anything else and we're pishing against the wind more often than not. 

😃

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Zombieson?

Corpseson?

Wankson?

All strong contenders 

We could also go with your nominee as manager, the famous Carlos Corberan (Huddersfield).

Carlos' wiki page shows he has won 17 out of 59 games (29%) and lost 30 (50%) and his current team are just hovering above the trap door.

Despite being a former keeper himself, he has managed to sign on loan that well known world class keeper, Joel Pereira, who excelled between the sticks for us and almost single-handedly nearly saved us from demotion....oh wait.

Do us a favour and give your Snoreson tag a rest

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

McEneff faded after 45mins after looking exactly what we need.

He's the type of signing that makes sense 

I really think we've potentially got a great player there, as you say hopefully the life doesn't get sucked out of him

McEneff will need to get fitter. I fully expect him to hit the ground running after the summer though and his energy and drive will be invaluable.

I get the Cameron/Hartley comparisons but he reminds me a bit of Ryan Stevenson in that respect.

gashauskis9
3 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Do you really think so? He has looked decent in small spells but has, so far, not done anything outstanding. 

I’m not looking for outstanding this season, competent would be a start. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We could also go with your nominee as manager, the famous Carlos Corberan (Huddersfield).

Carlos' wiki page shows he has won 17 out of 59 games (29%) and lost 30 (50%) and his current team are just hovering above the trap door.

Despite being a former keeper himself, he has managed to sign on loan that well known world class keeper, Joel Pereira, who excelled between the sticks for us and almost single-handedly nearly saved us from demotion....oh wait.

Your lack of football knowledge is such that it’s no surprise you had to Google him

Batistuta87
58 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

"Joel Perreira plays for Man Utd - he must be good"

= the sum of all the scouting we done on him

3 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Was it not the case that both Martin and Damour were just not suited to our style of football (or coaching!)?  And I wouldn't say that Bozanic was a total failure.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

McEneff will need to get fitter. I fully expect him to hit the ground running after the summer though and his energy and drive will be invaluable.

I get the Cameron/Hartley comparisons but he reminds me a bit of Ryan Stevenson in that respect.

Now combine the attributes of all three and we would have an outstanding player!

gashauskis9
14 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

So you would be happy if we just signed competent players? 

In this league, yes.  We’ve wasted money this season on players who thought they could just turn up and walk it.  

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

She got lucky with one company that wasn’t just her success, she had a partner. Chris Robinson got lucky with one company too, it happens. She’s totally out her depth in the world of football. 

Well hardly lucky. She built the company up over 20 years from scratch. Yes Ann Newell was her partner for part of that time but not the period where it took off and and was purchased by Sopra. Budge bought Newell out  in 2001 and sold to Sopra in 2005 after doubling the size of the business in its last five years. Had 600 employees when she sold so unlikely to be ‘lucky’. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

"Joel Perreira plays for Man Utd - he must be good"

= the sum of all the scouting we done on him

Could be and I agree with your point. Though given United must have done some scouting and that  he had played for Portugal u21’s 16 times and he had already made an appearance in United’s  first time I expected him to to be a decent keeper. His performance’s for us were just bizarre. If I read in later years that he was a closet Hibs fan and wanted us relegated I could almost believe it. 

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

A lot of your out players are going nowhere.  Players like Damour and Naismith are on ridiculous contracts that they won’t get anywhere else ever again in their live.  

We need a club that is as badly mismanaged as us to come and take them off our hands - that’s very hard to find. 

If neither of them move, and we don’t play them at all, then their playing careers finish next month. No idea what their views are but I’d be surprised if either of them want to hang up their boots just yet. Naismith maybe, but certainly not Damour who isn’t on big money with us. 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could be and I agree with your point. Though given United must have done some scouting and that  he had played for Portugal u21’s 16 times and he had already made an appearance in United’s  first time I expected him to to be a decent keeper. His performance’s for us were just bizarre. If I read in later years that he was a closet Hibs fan and wanted us relegated I could almost believe it. 

Totally. It's bizarre isn't it. When he went back to Man Utd last season, they were putting videos up on social media of him in training and he was making some superb saves against the likes of Mata, Pogba, Rashford and so on, with captions like "He's back" and stuff like that, and they took him on their international tour to the US or China or wherever they went, and I think he played too! 

I haven't seen him playing for Huddersfield and don't know if he even has - but I would actually really like to see him in a game for another team, to see if he was only pish for us, or if he is in fact just absolutely pish.

I'm 33, so I wasn't around for the really pish period in our history, but since I started watching Hearts in the early 90's, Perreira is easily the worst keeper and possibly even one of the worst and most error-prone players I've ever seen play for us. Teams were absolutely loving playing against him. They were just shooting from anywhere lol.

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If neither of them move, and we don’t play them at all, then their playing careers finish next month. No idea what their views are but I’d be surprised if either of them want to hang up their boots just yet. Naismith maybe, but certainly not Damour who isn’t on big money with us. 

Folk said the same about Berra two years ago and he’s still here.  

We could maybe send them out on loan with us still having to pay a large portion of their wages (like we had to do with Berra) 

Damour is on more money with us than any other club will pay him - if that wasn’t the case he would be long gone by now.  

The best we can hope with our cast of losers is to ship them out on loan whilst still having to fork out some wages for them.  Was always going to be a problem giving shit players huge basic wages on long term contracts. 

47 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How long has Naismith got left on his contract ?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Well hardly lucky. She built the company up over 20 years from scratch. Yes Ann Newell was her partner for part of that time but not the period where it took off and and was purchased by Sopra. Budge bought Newell out  in 2001 and sold to Sopra in 2005 after doubling the size of the business in its last five years. Had 600 employees when she sold so unlikely to be ‘lucky’. 

There’s an element of luck in any business success, I would say having seen how she runs our football club there’s no doubt luck was involved. 

59 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Totally. It's bizarre isn't it. When he went back to Man Utd last season, they were putting videos up on social media of him in training and he was making some superb saves against the likes of Mata, Pogba, Rashford and so on, with captions like "He's back" and stuff like that, and they took him on their international tour to the US or China or wherever they went, and I think he played too! 

I haven't seen him playing for Huddersfield and don't know if he even has - but I would actually really like to see him in a game for another team, to see if he was only pish for us, or if he is in fact just absolutely pish.

I'm 33, so I wasn't around for the really pish period in our history, but since I started watching Hearts in the early 90's, Perreira is easily the worst keeper and possibly even one of the worst and most error-prone players I've ever seen play for us. Teams were absolutely loving playing against him. They were just shooting from anywhere lol.

Played once far Huddersfield as far as I know, shipped 4 goals and not played since.

Discussed on this thread.

Don't have nightmares.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Damour isn’t on big money, are you joking? You have a source for this? He came from a championship club on good money for less? As we’ve seen sitting on the sidelines and taking his wages for little in return is definitely in his repertoire. 
Naismith demanded a 4 year deal or he wouldn’t sign, he’s unlikely to retire until that is finished. 

23 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

How long has Naismith got left on his contract ?

Naismith and Damour both contracted until August 2023.

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I concur. All players out of contract will be released imo. 

This!

Pasquale for King

You’re getting mixed up with Demi Mitchell, they didn’t go on tour in 2020 for some reason 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🦠
I think he must good in training, three managers played him last season. 

Sadly there’s been a few who were much worse. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Damour isn’t on big money, are you joking? You have a source for this? He came from a championship club on good money for less? As we’ve seen sitting on the sidelines and taking his wages for little in return is definitely in his repertoire. 
Naismith demanded a 4 year deal or he wouldn’t sign, he’s unlikely to retire until that is finished. 

The reason we gave him a four year deal was to spread the amount over a longer period same as Martin so that his weekly wage was not out of line with our pay structure. Player was happy with the security it gave him. Example - not real numbers - rather than give him a £10kpw wage for two years he is getting £5kpw over four years or something similar. He was on £8.5k pw when he left Cardiff so not one of their bigger earners by any means. Remember he was desperate to get away from Cardiff. 

Naismith won’t trawl through to Oriam five days a week to train, and not play, for two years for any sort of money. 1. He will want to play and 2. He doesn’t need the wages we are paying him and would happily play somewhere at half the money if it meant he played every week eg Killie 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

What's your problem ? 

I said, if we don’t play him, that means he is not going to play for two years if he sees out his contract. At his age that’s career over. 

There’s ways of moving every player off your books regardless of how long their contract is. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I said, if we don’t play him, that means he is not going to play for two years if he sees out his contract. At his age that’s career over. 

There’s ways of moving every player off your books regardless of how long their contract is. 

No, you didn't - and that's why I asked what his contract term was - which someone already answered anyway - so you didn't need to jump in.

Just to refresh yourself , this is what you said -

"If neither of them move, and we don’t play them at all, then their playing careers finish next month. No idea what their views are but I’d be surprised if either of them want to hang up their boots just yet. Naismith maybe, but certainly not Damour who isn’t on big money with us."

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No, you didn't - and that's why I asked what his contract term was - which someone already answered anyway - so you didn't need to jump in.

"If neither of them move, and we don’t play them at all, then their playing careers finish next month. No idea what their views are but I’d be surprised if either of them want to hang up their boots just yet. Naismith maybe, but certainly not Damour who isn’t on big money with us."

I think the comment about their careers finishing, although dramatic, is true. But depends on us not playing them and the players not wanting to move for vastly reduced incomes.

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The reason we gave him a four year deal was to spread the amount over a longer period same as Martin so that his weekly wage was not out of line with our pay structure. Player was happy with the security it gave him. Example - not real numbers - rather than give him a £10kpw wage for two years he is getting £5kpw over four years or something similar. He was on £8.5k pw when he left Cardiff so not one of their bigger earners by any means. Remember he was desperate to get away from Cardiff. 

Naismith won’t trawl through to Oriam five days a week to train, and not play, for two years for any sort of money. 1. He will want to play and 2. He doesn’t need the wages we are paying him and would happily play somewhere at half the money if it meant he played every week eg Killie 

You know this all for a fact? Source? So Damour didn’t come for a little money as you said? How much? If he’s not on £4/5k a week I would be flabbergasted. He’s one of our highest earners. 
You said you didn’t know what Naismith thinks but seem pretty sure he wouldn’t want to hang around for money, he hung around Norwich for an extra month for money and missed pre season training. He demanded a 4 year contract, that’s a fact, CL wanted to give him 3 years and he wouldn’t sign. Nothing to do with wages, if it was why would he now give it up and lose £400k?
He’s already said he would only go to Killie if they had a grass pitch, I wouldve thought you would know that with this imaginary insider knowledge you seem to have?

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yes I did but clearly you need to read it again. 
‘and we don’t play them again’ ———that means they don’t play for us beyond the end of this season. Our league season ends in April. April is next month. What bit don’t you get?  

My point was regardless of their contracts length if we make it clear to them that they won’t play again they will be off. May need some financial help to go but neither will sit around at Oriam for two years.  Only happens in the odd, exceptional case.