Mass clear out?

GinRummy

Auldbenches
38 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Once he is told his only role will be second choice left back he will leave. 

Will he not just see it as an easy way to top up the wages he gets from media stuff?  Unless you have heard something.  

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hopefully Savage can spot a keeper because no other ****er at Tynecastle can

I couldn't even tell you if the keepers we had before Gordon came back are any good or not. They've been coached by Gallagher...a goalie that wandered around from club to club throughout his career so must've been surplus to requirements at them. Doesn't say much for him to be honest. Plenty ex-goalies around all over the place. When Gordon came back, i thought he'd be first choice this season and take over as the long-term goalkeeping coach. I think he will in the end, just depends on how long he fancies playing.

CalgaryJambo

The reality is, if as a player you are off-loaded by a team of Hearts’s standing, you are heading into a much less lucrative situation. Performance wise, that would focus my mind...

7 minutes ago, CalgaryJambo said:

The reality is, if as a player you are off-loaded by a team of Hearts’s standing, you are heading into a much less lucrative situation. Performance wise, that would focus my mind...

Personal pride should be doing that!

Edited by JamboAl

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Pesronal pride should be doing that!

Fully agree. Add professionalism into the mix as well. 

5 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I like my centre half’s to win arial battles , he does that , doesn’t lose many to the centre forwards when competing 

I like them when tackling to take no prisoners, he does that

hes got a decent bit of pace once he gets going and up until this season he chipped in with goals .

What he needs is a partner beside him who’s not a ****ing bombscare 

Halkett is just fine for a centre half in the backwater football that is Scotland .

Midfield creativity and particularly wingers with pace ,skill and the ability to cross the ball are a bigger issue 

A centre half that wins ariel battles then we should bring big Roddy Mcdonald out of retirement. Never seen such a dominant ariel defender since him. Add in the class of Sandy Jardine and you had the perfect pairing back then. May have been before your time tho to appreciate. 

The Grim Reaper

Summary of forwards goals taken from the other table. 

Tried to take all info from London Hearts but where it hadn't been updated or was clearly I wrong used Wikipedia.

Appearances  Goals  Ratio Source
Juanma 43 13 0.3023 London Hearts
James Keatings 33 11 0.3333 London Hearts
Osman Sow 52 23 0.4423 London Hearts
Genero Zeefuik 15 12 0.8000 London Hearts
Dale Carrick 54 8 0.1481 London Hearts
Gary Oliver 25 2 0.0800 London Hearts
Robbie Buchanan 6 0 0.0000 London Hearts
Gavin Reilly 32 5 0.1563 London Hearts
Bjorn Johnsen 37 6 0.1622 London Hearts
Conor Sammon 27 2 0.0741 London Hearts
Robbie Muirhead 20 2 0.1000 London Hearts
Isma Goncalves 35 13 0.3714 Wikipedia
Tony Watt 17 1 0.0588 London Hearts
Rory Currie 13 1 0.0769 London Hearts
Angus Beith 3 0 0.0000 London Hearts
Kyle Lafferty 42 19 0.4524 London Hearts
Steven Naismith 64 23 0.3594 Wikipedia
Cole Stockton 15 0 0.0000 London Hearts
Aidan Keena 11 0 0.0000 Wikipedia
Steven MacLean 35 4 0.1143 Wikipedia
Uche Ikpeazu 40 5 0.1250 Wikipedia
Craig Wighton 27 3 0.1111 Wikipedia
David Vanecek 5 0 0.0000 Wikipedia
Conor Washington 15 3 0.2000 Wikipedia
Liam Boyce  23 13 0.5652 Wikipedia
Armand Gnanduillet 5 2 0.4000 Wikipedia
  694 171 0.2464  

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I agree with you, he didn't get the time.

With regards to JP though, I honestly think there were other issues going on there... I'm mean DS wasn't stupid and he would have come to the same conclusion as the entire support, as to the performances JP was giving. There must have been something else going on there IMO.

At the time, Stendel tried to get Gordon back but Celtic said no. So i'm pretty sure he would've dropped Pereira given that chance. However, the story going about at the time was that we only got Pereira on the understanding he was to play every week. That was the deal. Something to do with us not having to pay very much in wages to him and Man Utd would. Stendel did drop him and brought Zlamal back in but brought Pereira back the next game. Maybe told to, i don't know. 

If this was true then it could explain the carry on with Mitchell as well. Came here as a winger, did well but came back to play as a wing-back, which he certainly wasn't. The hearsay at the time was that Man Utd wanted him to change from winger to a wing/full-back. It affected his confidence, he was never the same player after the switch. Don't even know where he is these days. Probably down the Leagues somewhere at a guess. 

David Black

Let's not forget that if there is a clear out and I hope there is, we shouldn't be bringing in the same number. it's time we brought in players of as high a calibre as possible and promote some of our youngsters. High earners like Berra,Naismith,Damour along with Zlamal, Doyle, White, Popescu,Frear just for starters. Add in Wighton gone and possibly Roberts. That's a hell of a lot of money involved. Bring in 3 or 4 of a higher quality, along with who stays + plus the youngsters. 

jamboinglasgow

Regardless if we did well or not this season there was going to be some form of mass clear out. We have 10 first team players out of contract, 3 players whose loans end at the end of the season and a few players told to look for new clubs whose contracts are longer than a year.

Its clear that the summer will be very important, we have made bad decisions in the past with recruitment and the summer of 2018 was looking back a terrible window both in recruitment and missed opportunity. I do think that experienced players have badly let us down this season, Robbie has gone into this season seeing it being a short one and brought in experience to ensure we get promotion done but its not working now (also think its not helping us that we signed players in January who have not played for a while so are needing to get up to speed, GMS demonstrated this and is now getting up to speed, Kastaneer I would argue has the same issue so I wont dismiss him so early like some have. 

But there needs to be tough choices, I think it has been clear for over the last few seasons that while managers have made poor decisions, the constant in all this is our players. There has been something that is wrong with the players, especially experienced ones who have been good in other places but collectively here appear to have a fatal flaw for the team. 

I think it's more important to clear budge and the top brass out first, then the management team would be under actual/real pressure to get the players we currently have playing a bit better imo

I agree we do need to clear a good few players out though and would be looking at making between 7 or 8 signings in the summer.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

I think the problem we've had year on year is that a total rebuild means we never have a distinct style or system nailed down, which makes recruitment difficult as you're signing players that might not/do not work together. Again we've got it wrong with wide players, crying out for pace and we sign GMS who was never the fastest and seems to have lost the half yard he had. Kastaneer, its still quite early days but it would sem unlikely he'll be here past the end of the season. And that leaves us again in the position of no capable wide players. It's an embarrassment. A club like Hearts should really have 4 such players, to account for injuries and drops in form. That's where the main problem is for me, and it hasn't been addressed since Nicholson left 4 (!) years ago. Still not convinced we have a leader at the back or a ball winning midfielder who can handle the physicality of the Scottish game. 

All in all, clear out the worst of the dross, and add quality to what's left . And if they don't pan out, at least you aren't stuck with 5-10 players every season stealing a wage.

Selkirkhmfc1874
23 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Tried to take all info from London Hearts but where it hadn't been updated or was clearly I wrong used Wikipedia.

694 171 0.2464  

That's a shocking statistic 

3fingersreid
38 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

A centre half that wins ariel battles then we should bring big Roddy Mcdonald out of retirement. Never seen such a dominant ariel defender since him. Add in the class of Sandy Jardine and you had the perfect pairing back then. May have been before your time tho to appreciate. 

😂😂 I’ll take that as a compliment , I started watching Hearts as a 5 year old in 1972, not sure if you are old enough to remember they “ glory” days 😱😀

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hardly. Not looking forward to another minibus full of wingers arriving in the summer, but we will see...

It’s not funny

But it is funny. Maybe we should make up a collective word for all our wingers. Like a Crash of Rhinos or a Murder of Crows.

Actually a Murder suits most of them 😀

2 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I think the problem we've had year on year is that a total rebuild means we never have a distinct style or system nailed down, which makes recruitment difficult as you're signing players that might not/do not work together. Again we've got it wrong with wide players, crying out for pace and we sign GMS who was never the fastest and seems to have lost the half yard he had. Kastaneer, its still quite early days but it would sem unlikely he'll be here past the end of the season. And that leaves us again in the position of no capable wide players. It's an embarrassment. A club like Hearts should really have 4 such players, to account for injuries and drops in form. That's where the main problem is for me, and it hasn't been addressed since Nicholson left 4 (!) years ago. Still not convinced we have a leader at the back or a ball winning midfielder who can handle the physicality of the Scottish game. 

All in all, clear out the worst of the dross, and add quality to what's left . And if they don't pan out, at least you aren't stuck with 5-10 players every season stealing a wage.

It's not just at the moment though. It seems every transfer window we tend to recruit too many similar types of players. The favourite "go to" is defensive midfielders. Going back to Neilson's first stint here and through to Cathro....Pallardo, Gomis, Bauben, Cowie, Nowak, Kitchen, Tzolis and others. Under Levein... Randall, Grzelak, Haring, Damour, Whelan, Djoum, Adao and others. Stendel - Sibbick, Langer and Neilson - Halliday and whoever else. All this while we struggled at left-back for years from McHattie and Eckersley, Oshaniwa, Sowah and many more. The midfield balance hasn't been, and still isn't right. We've tried everything. Clare, Callachan...to be honest, i've actually lost track on who's come and gone in such a short time. And all this while the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen have had folk like McGinn, McGeogh, Allan, Shinnie and others. Upfront we've signed so many duds, Stockton, Reilly, Wighton to name but three. Wide players... Mulraney, Kastaneer, Frear...i could go on! Recruitment has generally been poor and it needs to change or we'll still be having the same conversations in another 2 or 3 years time.

3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Can't disagree,  nobody can , but am I being hopelessly optimistic in saying Gnaduillet and McEneff are looking like good signings? My point being Joe Savage starting to have influence in the recruitment.  I may be clutching at straws though.

Gordon, Smith , Boyce, Kingsley are decent Premiership players GMS and Walker keep, plus a fit again Souttar, Gnaduillet and McEneff. This would give us the good basis of a top half Premiership squad.

I’ve not seen enough of McEneff yet to be honest and Gnando, so far is a bit mousey for me but both need time and games 

Kingsley & Smith have been poor lately but are capable of better

GMS showed more the other night than he had previously, so far but, again needs games.

Souttar’s fitness is an obvious concern 

In short, even the players I think could possibly do a job have question marks against them 

2 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Thè previous manager had plenty of time to save us. It took him far too long too realise the goalkeeper was useless. That cost us a lot of points. Apart from the Hibs game and the Rangers cup tie I wasn't really sure of his ability to get us out of our predicament. His final game against St Mirren was a shocker.

St Mirren game was a shocker, were now in a league below have we had any shockers? Stendel is now in the past but he certainly deserved longer than he got. It would seem that once Ann Budge was made aware Robbie would be willing to come back probably advised by another ex employee then she took easy and safe option for herself. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
47 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

694 171 0.2464  

Love Osman Sow but with the exception of him, that list is aids

14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

😂😂 I’ll take that as a compliment , I started watching Hearts as a 5 year old in 1972, not sure if you are old enough to remember they “ glory” days 😱😀

Born in 1970 pal. I'm sure you agree Sandy and Roddy were a good pairing tho. My first season was 79/80 and they certainly were not glory years as you will know 😂😂

14 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’ve not seen enough of McEneff yet to be honest and Gnando, so far is a bit mousey for me but both need time and games 

Kingsley & Smith have been poor lately but are capable of better

GMS showed more the other night than he had previously, so far but, again needs games.

Souttar’s fitness is an obvious concern 

In short, even the players I think could possibly do a job have question marks against them 

So Gordon and Boyce definitely good enough,  the rest reviewed at the end of this season? 

Bit harsh for me as we've had 4 or 5 succesive seasons of transition. I'd prefer fewer signings initially but of better quality for example, the guy we tried to get from Kilmarnock in January was quite ambitious.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, The Grim Reaper said:

694 171 0.2464  

Interesting stats 

3fingersreid
4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Born in 1970 pal. I'm sure you agree Sandy and Roddy were a good pairing tho. My first season was 79/80 and they certainly were not glory years as you will know 😂😂

Yeah big Roddie was excellent , complimented by Sandy perfectly .We’ve been blessed over the years with great centre half’s from 

Anderson, the two mentioned above, Levein, Big Dave, McLaren,Pressley to name a few . 

we’ve sadly had a few who weren’t quite so good though ☹️

7 hours ago, Section Q said:

As a club we've been a soft touch since Cathro. We need a hard as nails CEO who knows how to run a club and a coach similar to Stendel who takes no shite. We're a great club with a great set up, debt free, and well supported by the best supporters in the country bar none. Time for a clear out from top to bottom.....

We have a CEO who was appointed months ago and hasn’t uttered a word publicly since. I can’t even remember the guys name FFS.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We have a CEO who was appointed months ago and hasn’t uttered a word publicly since. I can’t even remember the guys name FFS.

It was Craig...something or other. Can’t quite remember either. 😎

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Andrew McKinlay

SomethingAboutObua

Yet another summer clear out, ****ing hell. And no youth players ready to fill any places. Honestly this is absolutely scandalous the lack of focus on direction in the club. 

1 hour ago, The Grim Reaper said:

694 171 0.2464  

And there's actual folk on here who don't rate Boyce. :rolleyes5: :vrface:

Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

Yet another summer clear out, ****ing hell. And no youth players ready to fill any places. Honestly this is absolutely scandalous the lack of focus on direction in the club. 

Youths not coming through have been disappointing but there was always going to be a clear out this summer. Couldn’t do it fully last year because of contracts and uncertainty over Covid so out they go this time. It’s a shame we’ve had so many in recent years and I hope this is the last one in a while. 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Probably only via us paying him off

Might be some sort of comp to make up his wages with his next club. 

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Will he not just see it as an easy way to top up the wages he gets from media stuff?  Unless you have heard something.  

He won’t be getting a lot from the minimal media stuff he does. Only 30 come October, needs to be playing regularly given he only has about another 2-3 years left. Could easily see him at any of the bottom clubs 

How many players are going to spout their 2bit to the media and not follow it up wirh performances on the park. 

Id love a media blanket and so the talking on the bleeting park. 

Halkett is target number one. 

Hearts struggling for form, playing rubbish yet someone in the backroom thinks is acceptable to cart out players for media involvement. 

I wanna hear players staying back doing extra sessions and bursting a gut to improve. 

Sick of hearing excuses. Just do it on the park 

1 hour ago, David Black said:

Let's not forget that if there is a clear out and I hope there is, we shouldn't be bringing in the same number. it's time we brought in players of as high a calibre as possible and promote some of our youngsters. High earners like Berra,Naismith,Damour along with Zlamal, Doyle, White, Popescu,Frear just for starters. Add in Wighton gone and possibly Roberts. That's a hell of a lot of money involved. Bring in 3 or 4 of a higher quality, along with who stays + plus the youngsters. 

Need to be convinced youngsters are ready though. Last time we had a team of largely youngsters we were relegated. 

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It was Craig...something or other. Can’t quite remember either. 😎

Need to pay more attention! 

24 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

To be fair the biggest factor in whether there’s youth players to fill places at the moment is the fact that virtually none of them have played any football for a year! Certainly since Robbie came in there’s been no opportunity for any of them to stake a claim for first team football. No reserve football or youth football since Feb 20. Only the guys on loan have had any games and even that’s been limited. Not sure you could tell from watching Cochrane play about 3-400 minutes for Montrose whether he will be the answer next year in the top division. Certainly couldn’t throw these guys into the first team now as the bears on here would eat them up after one game if their performance wasn’t outstanding. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

So was I 

Damn! You got me. Mr McKinlay has been quiet but I don’t know if we should have expected to hear anything from him or not. When we are getting announcements from the club do you think it’ll be from Ann or Andrew? 

2 hours ago, CalgaryJambo said:

Liam Gordon, Doig and Paton walk into that Hearts side, so not necessary true, all doing much better than being at Hearts, who is to blame, that should be the question.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

It’s not funny

But it is funny. Maybe we should make up a collective word for all our wingers. Like a Crash of Rhinos or a Murder of Crows.

Actually a Murder suits most of them 😀

A Disappointment of Wingers. 

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be fair the biggest factor in whether there’s youth players to fill places at the moment is the fact that virtually none of them have played any football for a year! Certainly since Robbie came in there’s been no opportunity for any of them to stake a claim for first team football. No reserve football or youth football since Feb 20. Only the guys on loan have had any games and even that’s been limited. Not sure you could tell from watching Cochrane play about 3-400 minutes for Montrose whether he will be the answer next year in the top division. Certainly couldn’t throw these guys into the first team now as the bears on here would eat them up after one game if their performance wasn’t outstanding. 

I’m not sure of your last sentence. 

Firstly there are no fans to do this during games and secondly, football fans are always more generous with home grown talent. 

Captain Lithuania

I feel like Liam Boyce gets away with it a bit on these threads. This guy has been underperforming pretty much since he joined us. Yes, he is our top scorer but he could have at least twice as many. He passes up so many great opportunities to shoot, takes extra touches and his decision making is quite poor. 

Ainsley Harriott
23 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

How many players are going to spout their 2bit to the media and not follow it up wirh performances on the park. 

Id love a media blanket and so the talking on the bleeting park. 

Halkett is target number one. 

Hearts struggling for form, playing rubbish yet someone in the backroom thinks is acceptable to cart out players for media involvement. 

I wanna hear players staying back doing extra sessions and bursting a gut to improve. 

Sick of hearing excuses. Just do it on the park 

If we played football half as well as we talk about it we would be champions league 

20 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Liam Gordon, Doig and Paton walk into that Hearts side, so not necessary true, all doing much better than being at Hearts, who is to blame, that should be the question.

Spot on. 

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m really not sure about GMS. He looks dogshit. But we’ve only just signed him so what can we do?

Based on nothing really but I think he’ll do better next year assuming we get promoted.

4 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Robbie has been given the chance because he works better with Ann Budge not because it’s better for our club. The previous manager whatever your thoughts on him are, was never given a proper chance and that’s what irks me in all this. We’ve went back to the easy option, with give it time it will come good eventually ringing in our ears. Same old sound bites I’m afraid. 

I agree with you on the Stendel point. In an ideal world, he'd have got a chance. The way we went about getting Neilson without ever really admitting we'd punted Stendel, left a really bad taste in my mouth.

But, ultimately, what can we do? What's done is done, and we have little control over it. I still don't think Neilson is bad for the club, quite the opposite. But I do get why people were uneasy about his appointment.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I actually had forgotten this matey. He's made some impact eh......!