Mass clear out?

GinRummy

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think the comment about their careers finishing, although dramatic, is true. But depends on us not playing them and the players not wanting to move for vastly reduced incomes.

Or we pay the difference between their new salary and what we were paying them. 

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yes I did but clearly you need to read it again. 
‘and we don’t play them again’ ———that means they don’t play for us beyond the end of this season. Our league season ends in April. April is next month. What bit don’t you get?  

My point was regardless of their contracts length if we make it clear to them that they won’t play again they will be off. May need some financial help to go but neither will sit around at Oriam for two years.  Only happens in the odd, exceptional case. 

Give it a rest. I asked a simple question, someone answered but you make a fuss about nothing. 
Have  the last word, I've got better things to do. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You know this all for a fact? Source? So Damour didn’t come for a little money as you said? How much? If he’s not on £4/5k a week I would be flabbergasted. He’s one of our highest earners. 
You said you didn’t know what Naismith thinks but seem pretty sure he wouldn’t want to hang around for money, he hung around Norwich for an extra month for money and missed pre season training. He demanded a 4 year contract, that’s a fact, CL wanted to give him 3 years and he wouldn’t sign. Nothing to do with wages, if it was why would he now give it up and lose £400k?
He’s already said he would only go to Killie if they had a grass pitch, I wouldve thought you would know that with this imaginary insider knowledge you seem to have?

Big difference between hanging around for a month versus 24 months esp when you are 2-3 years nearer the end of your career. 

If he is planning to stay in football his next move is mostly coaching focussed. He certainly isn’t going to be coaching with us any time soon. Not sure I have heard of the coach that doesn’t like coaching on any surface. Lots of opportunities for him this summer esp Killie when they are relegated. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Give it a rest. I asked a simple question, someone answered but you make a fuss about nothing. 
Have  the last word, I've got better things to do. 

😩

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Big difference between hanging around for a month versus 24 months esp when you are 2-3 years nearer the end of your career. 

If he is planning to stay in football his next move is mostly coaching focussed. He certainly isn’t going to be coaching with us any time soon. Not sure I have heard of the coach that doesn’t like coaching on any surface. Lots of opportunities for him this summer esp Killie when they are relegated. 

I wouldn't bet your mortgage on it.

Bobo Balde played twice for Celtic in the final 2 years of his contract after turning down a move to Sunderland.

He was told he was free to find another club, but was content to sit in the stand pocketing 30 grand a week.

Like him, Naismith and Damour will do what they feel is best for themselves.

:munny:

4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I wouldn't bet your mortgage on it.

Bobo Balde played twice for Celtic in the final 2 years of his contract after turning down a move to Sunderland.

He was told he was free to find another club, but was content to sit in the stand pocketing 30 grand a week.

Like him, Naismith and Damour will do what they feel is best for themselves.

:munny:

Covered it other posts. Very few players take that approach. Naismith certainly won’t because after two years out of the game he is finished as a player and what club will take him on as coach/manager when he has just ripped two years of pay out of another club?  
Damour might stick around but as a guy with a young family I suspect not. In any case once he is fully fit he could end up being our main holding midfielder next season. Stranger things have happened. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Covered it other posts. Very few players take that approach. Naismith certainly won’t because after two years out of the game he is finished as a player and what club will take him on as coach/manager when he has just ripped two years of pay out of another club?  
Damour might stick around but as a guy with a young family I suspect not. In any case once he is fully fit he could end up being our main holding midfielder next season. Stranger things have happened. 

When you say fully fit, what is actually wrong with him? Just lack of games now or some sort of injury?

5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Your lack of football knowledge is such that it’s no surprise you had to Google him

With his track record it's hardly surprising I, and probably many others, had to google him  He's not universally known as a world class manager.

I may add that your lack of football knowledge suggests you did not know he had signed Pereira or you're too naive to appreciate the significance of such a signing.  Did the bold Carlos have a relegation death wish or, more to the point, do you (by wanting to hire him)?   Many of your posts lead me to believe that's not outwith the bounds of possibility

Dusk_Till_Dawn
27 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

With his track record it's hardly surprising I, and probably many others, had to google him  He's not universally known as a world class manager.

I may add that your lack of football knowledge suggests you did not know he had signed Pereira or you're too naive to appreciate the significance of such a signing.  Did the bold Carlos have a relegation death wish or, more to the point, do you (by wanting to hire him)?   Many of your posts lead me to believe that's not outwith the bounds of possibility

Is any world class manager coming to Hearts? That’s your benchmark?

I knew he’d signed Pereira which I did find baffling, although Pereira has barely played. I can also tell you that Pereira’s only appearance came in a 4-3 defeat at Stoke because I watched the highlights at the time (you won’t have done). I could give you Corberan’s entire background at Leeds under Bielsa and before but there’s no point because your wee brain wouldn’t be able to process it or draw any conclusions from it.

Add to that the certainty that you know nothing about Huddersfield. Funnily enough they’ve got loads of injuries which is amusing considering how that was your excuse for everything with Levein.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is any world class manager coming to Hearts?

I knew he’d signed Pereira which I do find baffling, although Pereira has barely played. I can also tell you that Pereira’s only appearance came in a 4-3 defeat at Stoke because I watched the highlights at the time. I could give you Corberan’s entire background at Leeds under Bielsa but there’s no point because your wee brain wouldn’t be able to process it or draw any conclusions from it.

Nah, don't bother.  When he signed JP that put me off entirely

He may in time become a decent manager but for now I'll just content myself with RN, warts and all.

Edited by JamboAl

If we stop playing Naismith now, maybe he will get in his head he won't be playing next season and move on. 

We won't get any better under any manager with the likes of Naismith taking a big wage and only pointing and moaning in return.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Nah, don't bother.  When he signed JP that put me off entirely

He may in time become a decent manager but for now I'll just content myself with RN, warts and all.

:rofl:

That was quick

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

When you say fully fit, what is actually wrong with him? Just lack of games now or some sort of injury?

No idea but he hasn’t taken part in training last couple of times I have watched. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Your lack of football knowledge is such that it’s no surprise you had to Google him

I just googled him too. Let's be honest not many people keep tabs on youth coaches working in England. Seems like a poor man's Ian Cathro in terms of his youth career (Cathro did great work at D Utd), with an even worse managerial record than Cathro when he got a chance with a major club. What is it about him the makes you think he'd be a good manager of Hearts?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

So now you know whats best for Naismith and what the future holds? Telling him he won’t play again and getting him out the club for a bit of money is unlikely to happen. If he wants to go into coaching why wouldn’t it be here? Do we have highly rated coaches at the club just now? You’ve only just mentioned coaching, he is unlikely to retire at this point in time, hes not given up

in playing for Scotland yet. Again you have no inside knowledge on this subject.

Damour has sat for a year without any game time, you can’t say he won’t do it for another two as Martin did. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

If we stop playing Naismith now, maybe he will get in his head he won't be playing next season and move on. 

We won't get any better under any manager with the likes of Naismith taking a big wage and only pointing and moaning in return.

I think RN would be better off just telling him that if he thinks that’s the way to go. 
As for the pointing and moaning, when we played Morton away my stream had no commentary. You could hear every word he said, the advice he gave during the game was absolutely spot on and if the players actually listened and did as he asked they and the team would be better off. For instance you could hear him constantly cajoling Walker to work harder, to get into the right positions and he ended up scoring both the goals. 
But if he’s not playing well or contributing then yes the money could be used better elsewhere. I would be tempted to get him into coaching if he wants to do that as his knowledge is invaluable, but I think he will want to keep playing. 

7 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Totally. It's bizarre isn't it. When he went back to Man Utd last season, they were putting videos up on social media of him in training and he was making some superb saves against the likes of Mata, Pogba, Rashford and so on, with captions like "He's back" and stuff like that, and they took him on their international tour to the US or China or wherever they went, and I think he played too! 

I haven't seen him playing for Huddersfield and don't know if he even has - but I would actually really like to see him in a game for another team, to see if he was only pish for us, or if he is in fact just absolutely pish.

I'm 33, so I wasn't around for the really pish period in our history, but since I started watching Hearts in the early 90's, Perreira is easily the worst keeper and possibly even one of the worst and most error-prone players I've ever seen play for us. Teams were absolutely loving playing against him. They were just shooting from anywhere lol.

I know he played one game earlier in the season when their first choice keeper was injured. He conceded 4 and should have done better at 3 of them. 2 were very similar to last season. Shot went right through him. Garbage 

Batistuta87
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re getting mixed up with Demi Mitchell, they didn’t go on tour in 2020 for some reason 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🦠
I think he must good in training, three managers played him last season. 

Ah you're right about the tour part aye, that was Mitchell. And aye JP must be good in training - the videos I mentioned certainly seemed to suggest as much anyway. Others have commented that he shipped 3 easy goals in a 4 goal scudding for Huddersfield and hasn't played since so they've obviously clocked him now too! Total imposter of a footballer and completely astounding to think that he's probably pulling in about £1M a year 😂

Edited by Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Ah you're right about the tour part aye, that was Mitchell. And aye JP must be good in training - the videos I mentioned certainly seemed to suggest as much anyway. Others have commented that he shipped 3 easy goals in a 4 goal scudding for Huddersfield and hasn't played since lol so they've obviously clocked him. Total imposter of a footballer and completely astounding to think that he's probably pulling in about £1M a year 😂

Indeed, I saw those three goals and he was definitely at fault. He was only in to cover for an injury, luckily for them. He’s actually Swiss so maybe he just wants to take the neural ground and not stop shots 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈

5DA431C7-0750-4BC5-80EE-A57662D75C31.jpeg

2A4C0914-AC9B-4BE7-B838-AB175C6356B2.jpeg

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I just googled him too. Let's be honest not many people keep tabs on youth coaches working in England. Seems like a poor man's Ian Cathro in terms of his youth career (Cathro did great work at D Utd), with an even worse managerial record than Cathro when he got a chance with a major club. What is it about him the makes you think he'd be a good manager of Hearts?

Surely a poor man's Ian Cathro is just, Ian Cathro? 🤔 

Batistuta87
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, I saw those three goals and he was definitely at fault. He was only in to cover for an injury, luckily for them. He’s actually Swiss so maybe he just wants to take the neural ground and not stop shots 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈

5DA431C7-0750-4BC5-80EE-A57662D75C31.jpeg

2A4C0914-AC9B-4BE7-B838-AB175C6356B2.jpeg

Aye maybe lol. Suppose he was like one of those wee knives - on paper he was a practical and probably quite sensible purchase - but ultimately ended up being pretty ****ing useless... 

Also, 6'5"!? He only jumped 5"10'! 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Aye maybe lol. Suppose he was like one of those wee knives - on paper he was a practical and probably quite sensible purchase - but ultimately ended up being pretty ****ing useless... 

Yeah he’s not that big 😆
Definitely one of those internet purchases that are nothing like what they looked like in the video and you can’t send them back 🙈

Jamboscanbevicius
12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon/Stewart 

Souttar/Popescu New CB/Hallkett

Smith/New RB                  Kingsley/Halliday

McEneff/Haring 2xNew CM

GMS/Walker     2x New AM/WG

Boyce/Gnanduillet/ New CF

12 Out - Zlamal, Berra, Brandon, White, Damour, Lee, Cochrane, Frear, Roberts, Wighton, Henderson, Naismith 

6 or 7 new players needed imo. 

Very sensible and realistic post IMO. All those outs look quite possible. Naismith least likely probably. And hopefully Irving will still be here too.

Just hope the half dozen we bring in are starters. We need competition and not squad fillers.

Batistuta87
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he’s not that big 😆
Definitely one of those internet purchases that are nothing like what they looked like in the video and you can’t send them back 🙈

Hahaha aye a Wish goalie 😂

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think RN would be better off just telling him that if he thinks that’s the way to go. 
As for the pointing and moaning, when we played Morton away my stream had no commentary. You could hear every word he said, the advice he gave during the game was absolutely spot on and if the players actually listened and did as he asked they and the team would be better off. For instance you could hear him constantly cajoling Walker to work harder, to get into the right positions and he ended up scoring both the goals. 
But if he’s not playing well or contributing then yes the money could be used better elsewhere. I would be tempted to get him into coaching if he wants to do that as his knowledge is invaluable, but I think he will want to keep playing. 

We don't need a coach on the pitch though, we need a player busting a gut for 90 mins. For me a Captain has to lead by example not just tell others what to do if it's good advice or not. 

10 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Very sensible and realistic post IMO. All those outs look quite possible. Naismith least likely probably. And hopefully Irving will still be here too.

Just hope the half dozen we bring in are starters. We need competition and not squad fillers.

Have to agree apart from Naismith leaving and obviously the Andy Irving situation will have to be sorted to determine if we need one or two midfielders. I'd also keep Ginelly if he proves his fitness. So I'd say we need 5 quality players, not squad players. 

Right Back

Centre Half 

Centre Mid ( 2 if Irving goes) 

Winger

Striker 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

We don't need a coach on the pitch though, we need a player busting a gut for 90 mins. For me a Captain has to lead by example not just tell others what to do if it's good advice or not. 

Absolutely right. If Naismith played half as good as the others he moans about, then that would be an improvement. As it is he’s as useful as a seaside donkey.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I can’t agree that we don’t need a coach on the pitch, we are a rudderless ship at the moment, and we don’t have many players that bust a gut unfortunately. A captain has to do all three of those and his form has been poor there’s no doubt about that. 

GK.     Gordon /  Stewart  /  Stone

RB.      Smith  /  A.N.Other  /  Youngster

LB.      Kingsley  /  A.N.Other  /  Youngster

RCB.    Souttar  /  Halkett  /  Youngster

LCB.     A.N.Other  /  A.N.Other  /  Youngster

M-F.     McEneff  /  Irving  /  Haring  /  A.N.Other  /  A.N.Other  /  Youngster  /  Youngster

RW / LW. MacKay-Steven  /  Ginnelly  /  A.N.Other  /  A.N.Other  /  Youngster  /  Youngster

No. 10.   Walker  /  Naismith  /  A.N.Other  /  Youngster

Striker  Boyce  /  Gnanduillet ?  /  A.N.Other  /  A.N.Other  /. Youngster

Now that’s 37 full time players with 10 Youngsters plus Stone.  Now these Youngsters would

have to be outstanding prospects that have a real chance of becoming a first team member.

The Academy has faced some criticism as the number of youngsters making it into the first 

team squad is very poor and for the amount of money that is invested it definitely not cost 

effective. Youngsters  with outstanding ability should be fast tracked into the first team squad.

Travelling, Training, Coaching in fact whatever older players do these Youngsters will learn 

more about the standards expected from them as well as encouraging them to do better. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

M-F.     McEneff  /  Irving  /  Haring  /  A.N.Other  /  A.N.Other  /  Youngster  /  Youngster

RW / LW. MacKay-Steven  /  Ginnelly  /  A.N.Other  /  A.N.Other  /  Youngster  /  Youngster

Now that’s 37 full time players with 10 Youngsters plus Stone.  Now these Youngsters would

have to be outstanding prospects that have a real chance of becoming a first team member.

The Academy has faced some criticism as the number of youngsters making it into the first 

team squad is very poor and for the amount of money that is invested it definitely not cost 

effective. Youngsters  with outstanding ability should be fast tracked into the first team squad.

Travelling, Training, Coaching in fact whatever older players do these Youngsters will learn 

more about the standards expected from them as well as encouraging them to do better. 

Good post.
We might be stuck with Popescu/Roberts/Halliday and Damour though which will restrict the changes that need to be made. 

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Never looked 6 5 when i saw him, another myth added to being a decent keeper.😮.

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he’s not that big 😆

Aye our recruitment team must of got  him of wish.com 😂 they normally advertise stuff and when it comes it’s the wrong size or something completely different to what was expected 😂

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Aye our recruitment team must of got  him of wish.com 😂 they normally advertise stuff and when it comes it’s the wrong size or something completely different to what was expected 😂

Sounds about right for them 🙈

From Neilson's presser today:

Planning for next season

“We haven’t totally nailed it down yet but we know there is scope there to move in and move out. We’ve got a number of players out of contract in the summer, they may go which would free up money in the budget and we’ll have a look at things towards the end of the season. 

“We’re already looking at targets for next year to make sure that we improve the squad because I think it needs improved, and give us a chance to go on and, if we get over the line in this league, go and challenge at the top end of the top flight.

“When we win a game 3-0 we don’t need any changes and when we draw a game 1-1 we need ten new players. From our perspective, yes, we need to bring some players in and there will be players who leave as well but there is not going to be wholesale changes.

“I think it’s important that we have a continuity, that when we move up, if we get this over the line first and foremost, we have that continuity to keep the team together.”

You could decipher that in whatever way you want but he’s essentially said some players out of contract will go and we knew that anyway. Improving the squad and keeping the team together are contradictory, unless he’s just looking for fringe players and back ups, which I’m going to say is unlikely for some positions. 

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

From Neilson's presser today:

Planning for next season

“We haven’t totally nailed it down yet but we know there is scope there to move in and move out. We’ve got a number of players out of contract in the summer, they may go which would free up money in the budget and we’ll have a look at things towards the end of the season. 

“We’re already looking at targets for next year to make sure that we improve the squad because I think it needs improved, and give us a chance to go on and, if we get over the line in this league, go and challenge at the top end of the top flight.

“When we win a game 3-0 we don’t need any changes and when we draw a game 1-1 we need ten new players. From our perspective, yes, we need to bring some players in and there will be players who leave as well but there is not going to be wholesale changes.

“I think it’s important that we have a continuity, that when we move up, if we get this over the line first and foremost, we have that continuity to keep the team together.”

Full of contradiction that, but at least he recognises what we have isn’t good enough for the top league (before he goes on to say ‘no wholesale changes) Somewhat confusing.I HOPE he meant well keep the core decent performers, such as Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Walker, GMS, Boyce etc. Ditch most of the remaining dead wood that we can ditch, keep some squad fillers, keep a couple who WONT leave and fill in the gaps with decent quality.

Edited by JimmyCant

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Full of contradiction that, but at least he recognises what we have isn’t good enough for the top league (before he goes on to say ‘no wholesale changes) Somewhat confusing.

Don't see how it is either confusing or contradictory. 

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Full of contradiction that, but at least he recognises what we have isn’t good enough for the top league (before he goes on to say ‘no wholesale changes) Somewhat confusing.I HOPE he meant well keep the core decent performers, such as Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Walker, GMS, Boyce etc. Ditch most of the remaining dead wood that we can ditch, keep some squad fillers, keep a couple who WONT leave and fill in the gaps with decent quality.

What's contradictory in that? He's basically described what every team does every summer. With us it'll be a bit different this summer for obvious reasons. Neilson will not only be finishing the job of getting rid of players from the last manager(s) but also strengthening for the Premiership.

Edited by ToqueJambo

27 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Don't see how it is either confusing or contradictory. 

Team needs improved but he wants to keep the team together. Is that not contradictory to you  

On 05/03/2021 at 00:46, Batistuta87 said:

Still makes me laugh/gives me nightmares reading this.

"A popular player with bags of talent and determination, former Reds boss Jose Mourinho has predicted his compatriot will become the outstanding Portuguese goalkeeper of his generation."

https://www.manutd.com/en/players-and-staff/detail/joel-castro-pereira#

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Team needs improved but he wants to keep the team together. Is that not contradictory to you  

I though it was contradictory as well. Not giving much away is maybe a better way of putting it. I thought there would be a lot of ins and outs before I read it and still do. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I though it was contradictory as well. Not giving much away is maybe a better way of putting it. I thought there would be a lot of ins and outs before I read it and still do. 

Some are okay some are not. 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He means keep the core of good players together - or the ones he wants to keep - doesn't he? Some will leave, some we don't know about because of contracts, and new players will come in to improve the squad. Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Souttar, Boyce, Irving, GMS, Haring, McEneff, Naismith, Walker, Gnando represent the core for me (with jury still out on the newer players) and some question marks around Naismith and Walker in terms of being first picks in the Premiership if they're not first picks this season. If Ginnelly looks fine fitness wise and signs he could be another.

Edited by ToqueJambo

On 05/03/2021 at 13:18, mitch41 said:

How do you keep 48 players match fit? How do keep the 30 that don’t get stripped on a Saturday content? How do you pay all those wages with your income running at 50% of what it was? 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

How do you keep 48 players match fit? How do keep the 30 that don’t get stripped on a Saturday content? How do you pay all those wages with your income running at 50% of what it was? 

22 enough. Chance to compete with salaries.