***Official ICT v Hearts Matchday thread***

GinRummy

Probably another slog on the cards.

I'd love us to play well and score a few goals in the process but I just can't see it from this Hearts side.

A tough, boring 1-1 draw.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• NANOJAMBO

• Hearts007

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Yeah, i fecked up putting my bet on as pointed out its 20s for Gnando to score and ICT to win. 

Cheers for the lols.

south morocco

A lot of bleak forecasts which isn’t surprising. Hopefully we get a win with a decent performance too but will take 3 points anyway it comes at the moment 

18 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Cheers for the lols.

Given our away form, he who laughs last...

Serves me right for smoking weed in the mornings. 

My letter and virtual ticket, signed by Robbo arrived in the post this morning. I don't know if this is a sign or not or what it means but it brought a tear to my ear!

I just want to see a change in the way we play. At least then we could say Robbie realises performances are not good enough and he is trying to do something about it. If we start with the same formation, same pish wingers, same crab like central midfield players then it suggests to me  he hasn’t a clue how to get the best from this squad. 

7 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

I just want to see a change in the way we play. At least then we could say Robbie realises performances are not good enough and he is trying to do something about it. If we start with the same formation, same pish wingers, same crab like central midfield players then it suggests to me  he hasn’t a clue how to get the best from this squad. 

Tend to agree with that. For me the warning signs were clear that things needed changed after the Dunfermline home game. The next two performances were unimaginative, created little, easy to defend against and generally lacked ideas. Much improved last week, when suddenly we had play coming through the middle. Still not enough though, the two wingers idea needs binned and we must play with two strikers. Width is great but not so good with two off form, ineffective and unfit wingers.  We’re playing poor sides and it needs to improve. 

2 minutes ago, assessor said:

Just realised we playing in that crap blue away strip tonight...

The black strip we had was the best non-maroon top we had in a long time. Should’ve been used more. The blue one is, as you suggested, cack. 

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The black strip we had was the best non-maroon top we had in a long time. Should’ve been used more. The blue one is, as you suggested, cack. 

To me anything but the reverse of our home strip is cack!

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Really worried about this game, With the way we have been playing I can see a 2 or 3 nil. Always have to hope I am wrong but can't get rid of the bad feeling I have.

Still even losing will be softened by a decent performance, go out and get stuck in, make a tackle and attack in force. Losing through bad luck or to a better team I can handle, just can't take the wishy washy way we have been playing lately.

What part of 26 attempts on goal in our last game while limiting the other team to 6 suggests a 2 or 3 nil defeat to you?

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

To me anything but the reverse of our home strip is cack!

100%. Agree, but that is for another thread 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I think we'll play really well tonight. Weather is good anaw. So no excuses not to pump ICT. 

0-6

Good attitude mate 👍

Let's hope we turn up determined and maybe get a bit of luck in front of goal for a change.

Another inept performance will be hard to take as would 26 attempts on goal again with only one going in.

I've gone for 1-1 but really hoping for 4-1.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What part of 26 attempts on goal in our last game while limiting the other team to 6 suggests a 2 or 3 nil defeat to you?

Why do you have to be so obnoxious ? 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'm in the mood tonight... It's Friday, I've finished work early, I'm about to go a beer run, and there's a takeaway pizza somewhere with my name all over it, and as an added bonus the Mrs has a Zoom Bingo night with her pals so she'll be upstairs. 

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease for the love of God, Hearts - give us a good game! 

Feel the same got a few bottles of beer in the fridge and a curry cooking nicely.

C’mon the JT’s give us a great start to the weekend 

498CEAFE-FDD7-45BC-B26D-E52187ACAAC4.jpeg

highlandjambo3

I’ve just eaten my half time pie.....hope that’s not jinxed us tonight.  At half time I’ll just go stand in the back garden for 10 minutes and p**s all over my shoes........will be just like being at the game.....particularly if I can get the soundtrack “Boo” downloaded and on loop throughout 😊

41 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Black strip was cracking 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Obnoxious?

Good grief!!!  The original "I can take a 3-0 defeat as long as we play well and compete," TJ was replying to is beyond parody.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's not obnoxious to ask how that indicates a 2 or 3 nil loss is incoming. And the Hibs-esque "I'll take a loss if the perfomance is better" chat is just laughable.

Edited by ToqueJambo

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Attempts at goal mean nothing if you don’t score the majority of them!! 
We are back to conceding goals again and not scoring enough which is a very bad combination. We pummelled Morton with attempts at goal and still only drew. I would take half the attempts at goal but more clear cut chances as we are creating very few. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He's not, he's asking for a train of thought that makes no sense to be explained more. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

We are back to conceding goals again and not scoring enough which is a very bad combination. We pummelled Morton with attempts at goal and still only drew. I would take half the attempts at goal but more clear cut chances as we are creating very few. 

Still not sure how that indicates a 2 or 3 loss in the next game.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

You're right I did hibsit placing my bet :facepalm:

I hadn't noticed I had selected a wincast, only a pound stake so going to leave it. Hopefully it will jinx them instead of us. 

Noooooo you’ll get pelters if that comes in and you’ll need to give the winnings to FOH !!! 😂

6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’ve just eaten my half time pie.....hope that’s not jinxed us tonight.  At half time I’ll just go stand in the back garden for 10 minutes and p**s all over my shoes........will be just like being at the game.....particularly if I can get the soundtrack “Boo” downloaded and on loop throughout 😊

I’m going to have to have a ht orange instead. The amount of lager I’ve been scooping since lockdown means ht pies are off the menu, while some of my jeans still fit me 🙁

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Noooooo you’ll get pelters if that comes in and you’ll need to give the winnings to FOH !!! 😂

Ok i will do that, you read it here first. If I cash in on my faux pas I will donate it to FOH :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hearing rumours Boyce is maybe out tonight from a source, personal reasons, don't know if it's bullshit so will wait and see 👍

It’s bullshit

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

We’ve conceded 2 goals in our past 5 games and taken 11 points from 15. I’m a little confused on the bit

“we are back to conceding goals again”

Big game this. Any chance of going on a bad run and our nearest challengers gaining ground can be halted tonight. Win this and we’ll be very difficult to catch. 

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Where did the majority of the 26 attempts go??

scott herbertson

Top pie from Barclays butchers in Montrose has been sourced

Beer ready, 'moan with the mates' in the Virtual pre match Stratties soon to start

Just need the game to be abysmal and it will be like a proper Hearts game

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Where did the majority of the 26 attempts go??

So our finishing is what's letting us down? Glad we agree. Still don't think dominating a game indicates we'll lose the next one 2 or 3 nil.

21 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We really should be winning this 3 or 4 goals +

We shouldn’t really Gambo but damn sure we are due a performance and a good win 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Big game this. Any chance of going on a bad run and our nearest challengers gaining ground can be halted tonight. Win this and we’ll be very difficult to catch. 

Einstein’s theory on insanity 

Hopefully we will start the game as if it means something to us. Play like we actually care and we win easily. Play like we have just woken up with a hangover and we get what we have seen the last few weeks.

Hackney Hearts
17 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

The majority of them?? Wow, we'd have scored at least 14 goals in that last match... 👍