• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• NANOJAMBO

• Hearts007

Guest ToqueJambo

I think he's the best player in the league and agree he should play from the start unless there's something fitness wise we don't know about, but it's funny to see Walker's rise from no-hoper, no guts, legs of glass wage thief to key player and saviour!

Just now, merseyjambo said:

Yet he still managed to do more than GMS

Very true, I think he'll come good (Kas I mean) but it needs to be sooner rather than later.

PortonianJambo

In my opinion the only reason RN has gone with the same team as last week is to give them a chance to redeem themselves. I would be more concerned if he was happy enough with last week’s performance to let him be able to pick the same team.3 points would be ideal tonight , obviously , and if we start putting some of the chances away this should be achievable.

If it’s the same fare as last week then he has to seriously think about changing it early, even in the first half if need be.After all, which ICT players would feature in our team?

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Very true, I think he'll come good (Kas I mean) but it needs to be sooner rather than later.

Yeah I'm keeping the faith.

Just now, superjack said:

After seeing halliday on and no Walker, I think I may be going off robbie. Hope I'm wrong though.

Walker has looked really good the last coiple of times he's come on, brighter and more up for it than many of the starting players, and scoring too. Should be a starter for me.

Looking  forward to.our midfield breaking past their midfield and feeding the wide players over and over. Needs real intensity with two wide men Robbie. I'll see the last half hour when he has withdrawn one if not both. 

We have no midfield except McEneff. What a way to treat a new player. 

Just **** off

Edited by Riccarton3

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think he's the best player in the league and agree he should play from the start unless there's something fitness wise we don't know about, but it's funny to see Walker's rise from no-hoper, no guts, legs of glass wage thief to key player and saviour!

Walker has great ability and skill but has never had 90 minutes in him, probably best to finish the game stronger with him fresher and could well be the match winner 

Just now, iantjambo said:

That doesn’t apply to Hearts 😂

It's what we practice that worries me. Certainly not corners or free kicks judging on recent showings.

alwaysthereinspirit
17 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Irrespective of what the score or performance is tonight his decision to field an unchanged team in like forever is utterly bewildering. 

No Irving, Nando and Walker in the starting line-up is just shocking. 

Irving has been mediocre lately. That and who knows if any of the three are carrying knocks or failing at training. I’m giving Robbie the benefit of any doubt.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Christ folk moan he never plays the same team 2 weeks in a row. Boyce and Kastaneer to score tonight. 

I know. I said in an earlier post that we should just keep the same team. Too much tinkering in football these days. 

Decide on your best side and let them settle. Changes things when required. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Christ folk moan he never plays the same team 2 weeks in a row. Boyce and Kastaneer to score tonight. 

You don't normally play the same team when they were pish last week. 

Who knows, maybe it's a chance to redeem themselves. 

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

It's what we practice that worries me. Certainly not corners or free kicks judging on recent showings.

We should just start playing corners back through the midfield to our defenders, give Gordon a touch then try coming up the opposite side. Might confuse them and would give us the opportunity to play more passes. 

Edited by GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Ma Roon said:

Walker has great ability and skill but has never had 90 minutes in him, probably best to finish the game stronger with him fresher and could well be the match winner 

We're definitely more dangerous with him on the pitch. Agree it doesn't hurt to keep something in reserve -  games last 90 mins even in the Championship.

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

But maybe he’s had a change of thoughts? Maybe it’s about letting an 11 settle with each other, find the weaknesses and strengths, go from there. 

I hope it’s a signal of a reset in approach. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

We should just start playing corners back through the midfield to our defenders, give Gordon a touch them try coming up the opposite side. Might confuse them and would give us the opportunity to play more passes. 

A revolutionary new tactic that GR. The flaw I can see is that the corner taker would end up in an offside position by the time we worked it up the other wing.

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

They weren’t pish. Despite Walker scoring, the more changes we made the worst we got. That 11 played well first half. Other than GMS off, he should’ve left it alone and we would have won imo. 

How miffed must Haring be,   missed so much football over last couple of years,  get's fit for the Championship and get's no game time for weeks,  not even last 2o or 30 minutes to build match sharpness.   I think we can take it from that he'll be off sadly and that RN doesn't fancy him.    Glad to see McAneff start again,  he will be great once he get's match sharpness.   Think we'll see a 1 - 1 tonight.

A revolutionary new tactic that GR. The flaw I can see is that the corner taker would end up in an offside position by the time we worked it up the other wing.

No chance. It’d take a good 20 minutes to get the ball back up there. 😀

Inverness to score first, hearts equalise, haliday red card, inverness win 2-1.  :sad:

I am not expecting an enthralling match.    Mostly fouls and shoving.   I hope the red card is a straight one on some knuckledragger.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

No chance. It’d take a good 20 minutes to get the ball back up there. 😀

Aye but he'd still be trotting up just past the eighteen yard box. 😉

Hasn't Naismith been on corners quite a bit lately ?

Edited by whodanny

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

How miffed must Haring be,   missed so much football over last couple of years,  get's fit for the Championship and get's no game time for weeks,  not even last 2o or 30 minutes to build match sharpness.   I think we can take it from that he'll be off sadly and that RN doesn't fancy him.    Glad to see McAneff start again,  he will be great once he get's match sharpness.   Think we'll see a 1 - 1 tonight.

yep weird

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Quite a journey.... over the last few months! 😂😂😂 Feel he deserved a start today... had a feeling we would be getting his -☝️ goal celebration!

FTH

Aye but he'd still be trotting up just past the eighteen yard box. 😉

Hasn't Naismith been on corners quite a bit lately ?

Can’t remember. Tbf McEneff was on them last week and put a few decent ones in. Could’ve been better but better than normal. Quite like the look of him.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t remember. Tbf McEneff was on them last week and put a few decent ones in. Could’ve been better but better than normal. Quite like the look of him.

Yep, very busy player. Likes to attack the box, trouble is most of his options tend to present themselves to the side or back. Would like to see him have a dig now and then.

Edited by whodanny

23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I almost think he's trolling us!!!

Walker?!?! Halliday??!!?!??!?!?!

If Walker is fit surely he should start. Using him as an impact sub is a bit of a luxury....

Fear for Peter Harings Hearts career. I've always thought that we've been a far better team in the last couple of years (Dundee aside) when Haring's played. Something clearly no right with him when Haliday can put it rank rotten performances week in week out, and Haring can't get into the starting eleven.

Yep, very busty player. Likes to attack the box, trouble is most of his options tend to present themselves to the side or back. Would like to see him have a dig now and then.

Haha. You messed up the edit. Saved it for you 😀

Good to see someone attacking minded I agree. Looks like he can make things happen. 

Just now, Paul Shark said:

Fear for Peter Harings Hearts career. I've always thought that we've been a far better team in the last couple of years (Dundee aside) when Haring's played. Something clearly no right with him when Haliday can put it rank rotten performances week in week out, and Haring can't get into the starting eleven.

Something definitely amiss 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Haha. You messed up the edit. Saved it for you 😀

Good to see someone attacking minded I agree. Looks like he can make things happen. 

:phface: bugger ! too late. The edit function being up on the right catches me quite a lot now.

3 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Yep, something not right there. Hopefully he gets some time tonight. 

Fort Vallance
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

If Walker is fit surely he should start. Using him as an impact sub is a bit of a luxury....

Absolutely.

52 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

The majority of them?? Wow, we'd have scored at least 14 goals in that last match... 👍

You know what I meant. We would need 78 attempts at goal to score 3 at our conversion rate! 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agree but why isn’t Gnando playing if that’s the case. today’s team is simply Groundhog Day.