• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• JudyJudyJudy

• Nucky Thompson

• Shanks said no

37 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yup. Happens a lot with older folk at that age. Once one of them goes, the 2nd loses that zest for life without their partner in crime. 

Doubt it, she hardly used to see him. 

Anyway RIP

Does this mean sporting events will be cancelled ? 🤔 

7 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

Actually yes..... i am glad you acknowledge that. 

My grandad fought and died in the war (dads dad), my other grandad seen action in France in the war.

Noboby from here was at his funeral or gave a toss!

Shanks said no

Will Hearts follow suit? 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

He was mentioned in dispatches:

January 1941 - He serves on the HMS Valiant in Alexandria and two months later is mentioned in dispatches for his actions during the Battle of Matapan he was Mentioned in Despatches for operating the battleship's searchlight picking out enemy targets in the darkness.

So yes, he fought in the war. 

Was also at the invasion of Sicily.

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

My grandad fought and died in the war (dads dad), my other grandad seen action in France in the war.

Noboby from here was at his funeral or gave a toss!

Grow up and stop showing yourself up.

been here before
3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Will Hearts follow suit? 

Been on the club twatter page for about an hour.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Fun and games when Harry tries to come back for the funeral

Hopefully the timing of things will allow Harry to spend his 10 days quarantining in a Travelodge. 

The Hogfather
22 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Well so much for the obituary thread of good taste. 

I can't say I'm hugely surprised at who caused it. He just can't help himself. If only someone had taught him the adage "if you can't say anything good, say nothing at all".

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Will Hearts follow suit? 

I’d rather they didn’t to be honest. It’s sad that the man has died, but it has nothing to do with football.

57 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yup. Happens a lot with older folk at that age. Once one of them goes, the 2nd loses that zest for life without their partner in crime. 

So True.

6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Will Hearts follow suit? 

They already have. Lots of organisations and clubs are. 

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, buzz said:

I’d rather they didn’t to be honest. It’s sad that the man has died, but it has nothing to do with football.

He was the Duke of Edinburgh and a member of the Royal Family. While you're right in saying it's not got anything to do with football, I can't say I'm surprised that both the Edinburgh clubs have extended their condolences.

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

So True.

No offence Bob but I was genuinely thinking of you when I posted that. Hopefully you're still keeping your chin up auld fella. 

Was pottering around making a cup of tea, my phone buzzed with a news alert. Read it, then finished making my tea and went back to my day. I’m not sad about it, but I’m not happy either like some people. It basically means nothing to me and has no effect on my day to day life. 

JudyJudyJudy

Sorry not the slightest interest in the death of a 99 years old man who has died. I didn't know him. If i knew him personally maybe i would but i didn't.  I feel for those near to him affected by his death as I would for anyone who has lost a loved one. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Was pottering around making a cup of tea, my phone buzzed with a news alert. Read it, then finished making my tea and went back to my day. I’m not sad about it, but I’m not happy either like some people. It basically means nothing to me and has no effect on my day to day life. 

Perfectly said. It has zero impact on me.

I have no complaints about the Royal Family. The queen just like lot of people has had problems with kids and their choices, but this is different. They have been partners for many years, to us Philip must have caused some raised eyes, but to her he was the support, the partner and the love she enjoyed and appreciated, I am very willing to give her my condolences, its not a time for airing ones contrary views of the position or the family.

31 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

A man has passed and that's never a good thing.

Nothing negative to say about PP.

What I do have to say is that a 99 year old man who lived in a luxury that the vast majority will never experience that died should not be "fawned" over. 

There will be NOTHING but this news for the next week and then a full day of shite when his funeral happens.

Sycophants greeting in public and news outlets gauging "reactions"! FFS! The man was 99!!! I would say that was a good innings.

Agreed there is a difference between showing the same respect that any deceased would receive, rich or poor and gushing servitude to people who see themselves as our 'betters'. 

ITV this morning breaking in to programme, with a stone faced female dressed in black pretending to be close to tears. 

Way over the top for someone she doesn't even know. 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Ahem. 

liz.JPG

:laugh2:

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Just how it should be to most sensible people 👍

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

WATCH THIS SPACE........”MEDIA FRENZY ALERT”

Prince Phillips funeral is about to become over shadowed by the media frenzy about ginger nuts and his wife’s response to attending the funeral, or not........I’ll give it 24hrs

The media are leaches of the highest order......but we all know this.

The gutter press will be on the starting blocks with this desperate to go, the editors will be holding them back but not for long.  The first statement saying “what do you think Harry and Megan will do” will open the floodgates.

Lorraine, loose women.....that flat earth, pant wetting twat with the pony tail 😂 on the morning breakfast programs will all have a say.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sorry not the slightest interest in the death of a 99 years old man who has died. I didn't know him. If i knew him personally maybe i would but i didn't.  I feel for those near to him affected by his death as I would for anyone who has lost a loved one. 

:spoton:

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Good post. I feel the same. 

34 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Oh really!? 

That post was over a month ago with folk speculating that he had died that day. I said at the start of the thread I thought he was on his way out imminently.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Thanks anyway for letting us all know. 👍

No bother make sure u say that to every one else who have offered their view too 

Nucky Thompson

It looks like our game tonight is not being televised anymore.

BBC Scotland now has coverage of the Prince's death

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Ffs 

2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

At least his wife will be spared the trouble of writing him a telegram next year. 

This year, would have been 100 in 2 months time.

RIP 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's a fecking joke. 

crunchy frog
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't know what would be worse at the minute, TBH.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No bother make sure u say that to every one else who have offered their view too 

:lol:

31 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

That post was over a month ago with folk speculating that he had died that day. I said at the start of the thread I thought he was on his way out imminently.

Crazy how they kept it a secret that long though! 

Done well the old codger, I liked him and rip.

But the outpouring of faux grief is ****ing disgusting. I doubt Phil the Greek wants fuss made over him 24/7 for the next week or so. What a shite Country. 

Thoughts with his loved ones obviously but personally; "Alan Partridge shrug".

What's annoying me and clearly a matter of high importance, is that I switched on BBC 6 Music and it's all about Prince Phillip. Why does the BBC have to have coverage on all it's radio stations?

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:rofl:

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ffs Can the club switch on a last minute PPV? Or maybe they could stream it free on another platform if the bbc have pulled out? What’s the point playing the game if the fans can’t even watch it 

I’ve said my RIPs and respect the old man and his generation, will raise a glass to his memoryvbut not interested in watching some documentary of his life story on a Friday night. They’ve got the 2 main bbc channels for that 

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Thoughts with his loved ones obviously but personally; "Alan Partridge shrug".

What's annoying me and clearly a matter of high importance, is that I switched on BBC 6 Music and it's all about Prince Phillip. Why does the BBC have to have coverage on all it's radio stations?

Absolute radio is only playing melancholic music. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

Unreal. Could he not have held on for another 24 hours.

Although we are playing shite, I was looking forward to watching us and screaming at the telly :biggrin2:

William H. Bonney
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Although we are playing shite, I was looking forward to watching us and screaming at the telly :biggrin2:

Stick all the royal pish on BBC 1, all the non royal pish on BBC 2 and allow the regional channels to carry on as normal. Doesn't seem that hard to do. 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, superjack said:

That's a fecking joke. 

I know what century are we living In ! 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Entirety my thoughts.

7 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Absolute radio is only playing melancholic music. 

FFS. What an embarrassment this country is.