• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• JudyJudyJudy

• Nucky Thompson

• Shanks said no

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I fear the queen will spiral downwards very quickly now.

I think old Lizzy will make it to the ton.  

chester copperpot
18 minutes ago, Serge said:

Do we get a day off?

😂

I've already had my holidays added by +8

Geoff Kilpatrick

A shame but a bloody good innings. Those who picked him in death pools for the last 20 years finally got lucky.

6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Christ, she's already shrunk down to about 4 feet tall. How much smaller is she going to get?

Edited by Ray Gin

Yup. Happens a lot with older folk at that age. Once one of them goes, the 2nd loses that zest for life without their partner in crime. 

13 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I doubt it this place is full of bitter nationalists. They are still gutted about Martin McGuinness 

Bitter post count in the thread currently stands at one. Thank you for your contribution. :smile:

Jambo-Jimbo

Sadly that's often what happens in a long relationship/marriage when one partner dies.

R.I.P.

Great innings but such a shame. He was my favorite Royal. Some of the comments I have seen posted around Social Media have been disgusting. Mocking the death of a 99 yo who spent the majority of his life supporting the Queen and giving service to our Nation shows people for the pond life they are. Whether you agree with the Monarchy or not, some of the achievements he made in his life were remarkable.

highlandjambo3

WATCH THIS SPACE........”MEDIA FRENZY ALERT”

Prince Phillips funeral is about to become over shadowed by the media frenzy about ginger nuts and his wife’s response to attending the funeral, or not........I’ll give it 24hrs

The media are leaches of the highest order......but we all know this.

glynnlondon

RIP Prince Phillip.

He had some cracking quotes down the years.

The one to a Scottish driving instructor.

How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test ?

Top man.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

Great innings but such a shame. He was my favorite Royal. Some of the comments I have seen posted around Social Media have been disgusting. Mocking the death of a 99 yo who spent the majority of his life supporting the Queen and giving service to our Nation shows people for the pond life they are. Whether you agree with the Monarchy or not, some of the achievements he made in his life were remarkable.

:spoton:

John Findlay

RIP fellow Sailor. 

Be interesting to see if he is granted a state funeral as the Queen's consort.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

RIP fellow Sailor. 

I believe it was his wish not to have one and wanted a more private affair. I seen a previous Forth Bridge Op Order. Unless that has changed recently. 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

RIP fellow Sailor. 

Read earlier that he was entitled to one but as per his wishes he wants something low key (as much as it can be in the circumstances).

13 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

WATCH THIS SPACE........”MEDIA FRENZY ALERT”

Prince Phillips funeral is about to become over shadowed by the media frenzy about ginger nuts and his wife’s response to attending the funeral, or not........I’ll give it 24hrs

The media are leaches of the highest order......but we all know this.

After 12 April they will be able to have 30 mourners in England. Presumably Harry & Meghan would have to isolate for 10 days coming from USA

Malinga the Swinga

Went to school in Scotland, served country in Navy during WW2, and has been faithfully serving country ever since. 

He might not be to everyones taste, but overall, in my opinion, his contribution has been positive. 

RIP. 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Interesting read that. He’s had some life tbf. 
I did work for a well to do lady in Stockbridge for a few years and she knew the royals. She said any party or gathering everyone always wanted to be in his company and he was “quite a chap” :lol: 

A man has passed and that's never a good thing.

Nothing negative to say about PP.

What I do have to say is that a 99 year old man who lived in a luxury that the vast majority will never experience that died should not be "fawned" over. 

There will be NOTHING but this news for the next week and then a full day of shite when his funeral happens.

Sycophants greeting in public and news outlets gauging "reactions"! FFS! The man was 99!!! I would say that was a good innings.

18 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

top post, a lifetime of service. I met him a number of times always sharp and no nonsense, always with time for young people. Of his time but nothing wrong with that. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Went to school in Scotland, served country in Navy during WW2, and has been faithfully serving country ever since. 

He might not be to everyones taste, but overall, in my opinion, his contribution has been positive. 

RIP. 

This is exactly the shite I am talking about...his "contribution" was feck all mate! Nowt! TOOK TOOK TOOK TOOK TOOK and then TOOK some more.

Fawning!

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This is exactly the shite I am talking about...his "contribution" was feck all mate! Nowt! TOOK TOOK TOOK TOOK TOOK and then TOOK some more.

Fawning!

Go **** yourself. It's not fawning, it's respect. Something you know nothing about. 

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fawning!

Fought in the war, Set up DofE scheme to mention but a few, folk like you are the ones who should GTF

AlphonseCapone
41 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I doubt it this place is full of bitter nationalists. They are still gutted about Martin McGuinness 

Disgusting post. Have some respect. 

Just now, Hesh said:

Fought in the war, Set up DofE scheme to mention but a few, folk like you are the ones who should GTF

Fought in the war? Did he actually FIGHT in the war? 

Sycophants gonna sycophant I suppose!

43 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Oh my!  What's that you say about bitterness?

Byyy The Light
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Well so much for the obituary thread of good taste. 

Sadly not surprising. Whatever happened to realising when to keep your mouth shut?

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Go **** yourself. It's not fawning, it's respect. Something you know nothing about. 

Why are royals put on a pedestal? 

You do know its the 21st century?

Still, shed a tear and wave yer wee fleg...theres a good pleb.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fawning!

Stick to your SNP thread, or better still there's a thread about rats 

John Gentleman

I'm surprised it's taken until page 6 for a brawl to break out. Usually it's page 2 or 3! :rolleyes5:

ArcticJambo
39 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

RIP

some innings and some life

wonder what regrets he had? 

His cricket bat quip, probably.

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Stick to your SNP thread, or better still there's a thread about rats 

Dont know why your even bothered. They breed like rats so there will be plenty for you to praise to on your knees.

Lets have the spitfires oot again!

Riddley Walker

As if he would give a **** if anyone on here died. 

"sad day for the country" :lol: The monarchy and anyone who supports them can gtf. 

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Disgusting post. Have some respect. 

Both “ sides “ seem to be at it.

It’s social media, to be expected.

Many rights and wrongs in a nation’s history and many viewpoints on that history. He was part of that history, as we all are really. 
Old man served in the same force so, while not a great fan of the monarchy, will respect his service to the country.

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

As if he would give a **** if anyone on here died. 

"sad day for the country" :lol: The monarchy and anyone who supports them can gtf. 

Was the point I was trying to make :lol:

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fought in the war? Did he actually FIGHT in the war? 

Sycophants gonna sycophant I suppose!

He was mentioned in dispatches:

January 1941 - He serves on the HMS Valiant in Alexandria and two months later is mentioned in dispatches for his actions during the Battle of Matapan he was Mentioned in Despatches for operating the battleship's searchlight picking out enemy targets in the darkness.

So yes, he fought in the war. 

A_A wehatethehibs

RIP. What a life. Feels like the beginning of a changing of the guard for the country. Uncertain about the future. But nows the time to look back on the life of the Duke of Edinburgh, and look back on the life of your own grandfather. Mine was a miner, had a lot tougher of a life than old Philip but made of the same stuff. Cast iron. They don’t make them like that any more. RIP

Just now, Kenbo said:

He was mentioned in dispatches:

January 1941 - He serves on the HMS Valiant in Alexandria and two months later is mentioned in dispatches for his actions during the Battle of Matapan he was Mentioned in Despatches for operating the battleship's searchlight picking out enemy targets in the darkness.

So yes, he fought in the war. 

Good stuff. What a legend.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Good stuff. What a legend.

Actually yes..... i am glad you acknowledge that. 

On 03/03/2021 at 18:01, Sooperstar said:

Think you're all looking a bit too deeply here!

Oh really!? 

On 16/03/2021 at 14:45, Lovecraft said:

He's not gonna last long.

Mystic Meg over here! 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Will gogglebox still be on ?

I shouldn’t but 😂