• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Robbo-Jambo

SectionDJambo

I think I'm right in saying that 2 or 3 of our January signings, encouraging though they all seem to be, hadn't played any competitive football for weeks before they joined Hearts. No bad reasons for this, they were previously with clubs with different playing schedules from the Scottish league.

They'll need time to get match fit, in physical condition and speed of thought. That will be why they're all being gradually introduced into the team.

Let's give them all some time.

GMS will be fine. Just needs a bit of time to bed in and get used to the Scottish game again. 

He will come good for us - no doubt about that whatsoever. Good player. Not concerned at all. 

1 hour ago, glynnlondon said:

I was referring to signing players who turn out to be shite less to do with age.

I'll stop beating the club when they get a raft of signings correct.

Not asking much basic competence and a competitive attitude would be a start.

Aye, but GMS isn't in that category mate.  Not yet anyway!  Lets give the guy time to prove he's shite!

And show me a club at any level with a "raft" of signings that have been "correct".   We've been below acceptable average, without doubt.

But we've made 4 signings this Jan and I don't think we can argue with any on the face of it.  We need to support them and do what we can as fans to help them do well, something we don't do very well.

Booooooooo you're shite!  Yeah, Sean Clare was brimming with confidence the next time he got the ball!!! haha

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Aye, but GMS isn't in that category mate.  Not yet anyway!  Lets give the guy time to prove he's shite!

And show me a club at any level with a "raft" of signings that have been "correct".   We've been below acceptable average, without doubt.

But we've made 4 signings this Jan and I don't think we can argue with any on the face of it.  We need to support them and do what we can as fans to help them do well, something we don't do very well.

Booooooooo you're shite!  Yeah, Sean Clare was brimming with confidence the next time he got the ball!!! haha

They'll have to prove it on the park for me I've heard enough guff about how we're going to do this and that over 4 years or more.

Hopefully GMS can get his act together.

Do like Gordon tho glad he's back.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

I was referring to signing players who turn out to be shite less to do with age.

I'll stop beating the club when they get a raft of signings correct.

Not asking much basic competence and a competitive attitude would be a start.

Who are you comparing Hearts against in terms of signings, who have got it right do you think, we should aspire to?

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Who are you comparing Hearts against in terms of signings, who have got it right do you think, we should aspire to?

Maybe Atletico Madrid. They do well!

The obvious thing here is our recruitment has been shite. No point denying it. I would say, however, that the coaching has been equally as bad, and sprinkle a bit of bad luck. Connor Washington is a no-brainer signing. Did nowt really. That's not a recruitment problem.

Buuuuuut we have new coaches and a new SD. Bitching ain't gona help.

Yes, they need to prove themselves, but the attitude of being crabbit until they do will help no one. Our new team need and deserve our support. I don't really care about jkb in that respect, moan away, but the attitude on here mirrored in Tynie, that's fact.

On 12/02/2021 at 20:40, swilso said:

Fed up with this guy already. Offers us absolutely nothing

Fed up with you already.  You offer absolutely nothing!

Of course, eventually you might offer something but, playing by your own rules, you're binned.

Ex member of the SaS

The problem clubs have with recruitment is a player may well do well at one club with certain players around him but doesn't fit well with the new club's tactics or manager or players.

It's down to the manager to see which players would fit in well with his philosophy and other team mates. For example there maybe a great striker who feeds off wingers but if the new clubs doesn't have or play with wingers he will prove to be crap.

I get this feeling when fans scream for Shankland, would he fit in, would he score in a different set up? I don't know, but would expect the manager to know and leave it up to him. ( all subject to budget ) 

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

He has shown flashes of his ability and still coming to terms with this division and getting fully fit so far too early to write him off. Shame we can't arrange closed door friendlies to ease him in more gradually. 

When we signed him I thought it was a very good signing and it may yet prove to be, I was basing my opinion of him on what I have watched of his games in MLS! I mostly just watch Toronto FC matches as I'm not a huge MLS fan, he has played well in these games, with his early struggles I dug a little deeper and found his starts and minutes played had been diminishing at New York City FC and it seems the club were keen to cut ties with him! His slow start with us could in fact be due to his diminishing minutes and the long lay off between the end of the MLS season and when he first suited up for us or his career may be fading, let's hope it's the former!

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Needs to pull his socks up. Disappointing so far. 

I agree with this post.
Dont agree with those with the guillotine oot though!!!

Hes been here what? 10 minutes ffs!

On 16/02/2021 at 22:10, scott herbertson said:

I did

Thought he was very poor against us for Aberdeen at Murrayfield and this was my main memory of him - too lightweight and not a team player. I tend not to criticise players when they come to us though.

I like Neilson and have liked most of his signings, though I think he got this one wrong - hopefully I am proved wrong instead 

That's quite an unusual takeaway from that game.  0-0  we dominated the second half. We hit the post/bar and missed a sitter? Huge crowd in the sunshine. Was it Levein's first or second game after Cathro? I remember McLaughlin and Walker, but not GMS.  Which is your point but seems a bit of a random example to judge him on.

scott herbertson
5 hours ago, pablo said:

That's quite an unusual takeaway from that game.  0-0  we dominated the second half. We hit the post/bar and missed a sitter? Huge crowd in the sunshine. Was it Levein's first or second game after Cathro? I remember McLaughlin and Walker, but not GMS.  Which is your point but seems a bit of a random example to judge him on.

Yes, I suppose it is. But I remember him coming on and one of my mates near me saying something to the effect (in the usual gloomy way we Hearts supporters have) that he would probably score the winner against us.

I'd never really paid much attention to him (having been out of Scotland for yours and just returned) so I watched him closely him as a 'new threat' and remember thinking that if he was ever good he seemed to have lost it and that he was a bit 'powder puff'.

An instant judgement on 20 minutes but hey hoh - isn't that the football fans prerogative?!

Anyhow as I said I hope and wish I was and am wrong  

We should have signed him when he was at Airdrie. If I remember correctly we had him watched and were linked with a move for him,  but for one reason or another it just did not happen.  I still reckon he’ll do a job for us. 

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Worse than Roberts and Frear. 

Sad but true 😞.

Thought he would be a great signing when he was announced, a winger that can't beat a man is no use to anyone. 

Who could possibly have predicted that signing a player whose career has been in a tail-spin for at least five years would not be a good move?

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA

Terrible terrible performances so far, dropping him might make him realise it’s not good enough. He wouldn’t be in any doubt if fans were in the ground as he would have been booooed off the last 3.... shape up or **** off back to Trump-land

GMS made his debut for us when he came on at half time in the 3-1 win away to Alloa. He came on for Jordan Roberts.

Since then GMS has played 7 games, totalling 506 minutes (which equates to 5.6 games really).

Roberts (who he replaced in more ways than just that night against Alloa) played 10 times for us, totalling 479 minutes equating to 5.2 games really.

When Roberts moved to Motherwell the transfer thread title was changed to mock him and Motherwell. People were unable to contain their glee at the signing and countless people have actually labelled him either one of, if not THE, worst players ever to play for Hearts.

Roberts didn’t score, but he did provide one assist. He also in the early part of the season (to me at the very least) looked like he had something about him.

GMS has not scored. He has no assists. And other than a little back heel flick today to prevent a throw in I cannot remember him doing anything of note in any game he has played for us.

So I would appreciate everyone who mocked Roberts and said he was one of our worst ever players - if they truly believe that - to now say it about GMS. As when it comes to minutes on the pitch GMS has actually played more than Roberts has and has contributed much less and never once looked good. Not once.

I await the floods of comments like Roberts got...

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Got his final contract and pay out

We were the only club daft enough to sign him without watching him

Robbie wont admit he is single fish, unfit and not interested

1 minute ago, Australis said:

Got his final contract and pay out

We were the only club daft enough to sign him without watching him

Robbie wont admit he is single fish, unfit and not interested

yep he will continue to play him as he does that other huddy Halliday.

tragic really

27 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Another signing based on the fact they were once a good player

100% correct. How many of these signings have we made in the past few year. Probably all on good money too. 

Gordon Ramsay
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

GMS made his debut for us when he came on at half time in the 3-1 win away to Alloa. He came on for Jordan Roberts.

Since then GMS has played 7 games, totalling 506 minutes (which equates to 5.6 games really).

Roberts (who he replaced in more ways than just that night against Alloa) played 10 times for us, totalling 479 minutes equating to 5.2 games really.

When Roberts moved to Motherwell the transfer thread title was changed to mock him and Motherwell. People were unable to contain their glee at the signing and countless people have actually labelled him either one of, if not THE, worst players ever to play for Hearts.

Roberts didn’t score, but he did provide one assist. He also in the early part of the season (to me at the very least) looked like he had something about him.

GMS has not scored. He has no assists. And other than a little back heel flick today to prevent a throw in I cannot remember him doing anything of note in any game he has played for us.

So I would appreciate everyone who mocked Roberts and said he was one of our worst ever players - if they truly believe that - to now say it about GMS. As when it comes to minutes on the pitch GMS has actually played more than Roberts has and has contributed much less and never once looked good. Not once.

Agree with you. Roberts offered more as does Frear. 

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Both as shite as each other is the correct answer to that one. 

Not the kind of signing we should be makimg ,edging towards the end of his career. We definitely need to chamge tack re our signimg policy .

The GMS , Halliday , Kingsley types just aren't working .

On 17/02/2021 at 09:11, HillmanHearts said:

He’ll come good !

When?? 🤷‍♂️