GMS

swilso

Be honest: how many people thought GMS signing was a bad idea at the time?

Nobody!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I hardly think the idiots on here have a leg to stand on, blaming Neilson for his poor start. The very same people were absolutely w**king over him signing!

Edited by Tenor

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Robbo-Jambo

1 minute ago, Tenor said:

Nobody!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I hardly think the idiots on here have a leg to stand on, blaming Neilson for his poor start. The very same people were absolutely over him signing!

So now I'm an idiot because i have a different opinion wow. 

Hold on what is Robbie's job? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, Tenor said:

Nobody!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I hardly think the idiots on here have a leg to stand on, blaming Neilson for his poor start. The very same people were absolutely over him signing!

And even then mate... hindsight!!?!?  I don't think we've enough of a sample size for hindsight.  Hindsight will be applicable this time next year or in 9 months time anyway.

It's actually mental how mentally-undeveloped huge swathes of football fans are when it comes to the game.  Perfectly intelligent people who just can't grasp the fundamentals of how football works on or off the pitch or look at history to see something as simple as a lot of signings take a wee while to settle (and there's erm, a pandemic which makes it even tougher - Thiago's done well at Liverpool hasn't he!!!).  Mind you, some folk are also just thick.

Not saying GMS has been good so far, not even putting my neck on the line and saying he will be.  I will say, happily, that it ain't time to write the guy off!!

Ex member of the SaS

TBF to Gary he has player a long time in the USA where the game and culture are vastly different. He will need time to adapt as will the English league players. Personally think he is light weight and needs to man up or stop trying to take on two and three players at the same time. Head up and pass when you see the route forward is blocked.

He gets the ball and has two or three men to beat. The fullbacks should be helping him out and occasionally overlapping. You can't just give the wingers the ball and say go on then. It would work about twice a game.

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Will still be a cracking signing. 

As simple as that 

Good news - when can we expect cracking performances from him?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Good news - when can we expect cracking performances from him?

Patience. They will come. January signings rarely hit the ground running. 

Have you started every job in top gear. 

Have you ever had a job.....

Tokyo Drifter
On 12/02/2021 at 20:40, swilso said:

Fed up with this guy already. Offers us absolutely nothing

Agree mostly. Hasn't impressed me, but I think with Gnandu back and GMS firing decent balls into the box we might see something, though most of the decent balls into the box seem to come from Irving.

1 hour ago, Tenor said:

Nobody!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I hardly think the idiots on here have a leg to stand on, blaming Neilson for his poor start. The very same people were absolutely w**king over him signing!

I don’t think anyone is saying he looked a bad idea. He looked a very good idea and still could be. Neilson is an entirely different conversation but individually GMS even at 75% ought to be burning it up in this league and he’s been woeful. Why is that ? He’s not the only one who should be tearing it up. Are we not fit enough ? Is there a holiday camp culture at the club. Does GMS along with quite a few others simply not care enough ?

He will need to realise he is back in Scotland and get a bit braver for starters. 

He has the talent but will need to find a bit more dig with it. 

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Patience. They will come. January signings rarely hit the ground running. 

Have you started every job in top gear. 

Have you ever had a job.....

Cheeky....

So Robbie has coached all his ability out him in 4 weeks.......

”when you get the ball GMS I want you to let it hit off you, fall over and basically not beat a man when he’s right in front of you”

”ok gaffer”

🤣

Edited by DH1986

21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t think anyone is saying he looked a bad idea. He looked a very good idea and still could be. Neilson is an entirely different conversation but individually GMS even at 75% ought to be burning it up in this league and he’s been woeful. Why is that ? He’s not the only one who should be tearing it up. Are we not fit enough ? Is there a holiday camp culture at the club. Does GMS along with quite a few others simply not care enough ?

There is certainly quite a few players badly under achieving at the club but the question has to be why? 

Is it fitness, lack of desire, tactics or a combination of all three. 

I don't know but there is something clearly amiss imo. 

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

”when you get the ball GMS I want you to let it hit off you, fall over and basically not beat a man when he’s right in front of you”

”ok gaffer”

🤣

Actually quite a good description of his performances so far 😂

Hopefully will come good in the next few weeks. 

17 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Actually quite a good description of his performances so far 😂

Hopefully will come good in the next few weeks. 

If only we had Stendel coaching him.....it wouldn’t be an issue.....I mean look at how he managed to get that €20million rated ex-Schalke guy playing......

Oh wait......

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

It's hard for wingers. When they do beat their man, they look up and see they have to pick out Boyce who is surrounded by 4 defenders and a goalie.

GMS is yet to beat a man so he will not have experienced that yet.

Bazzas right boot

We need to use the space he creates about him more. 

He always has two players on him. 

If we get ahead or we move the Ball faster he'll have more space. 

He looks a little short of confidence and a bit timid and  the things he does  tries just aren't coming off. 

Folk slating him already are planks of wood tho. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
54 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

There is certainly quite a few players badly under achieving at the club but the question has to be why? 

Is it fitness, lack of desire, tactics or a combination of all three. 

I don't know but there is something clearly amiss imo. 

Bored imho.

Aberdeen fan speaking to me today mentioned the more wingers they throw on the more defensive they become. 

A lot of matches across many countries, League's and levels I have watched bear resemblance to friendlies. 

Take away Arsenal I wonder what the stats are for cards this season 

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF to Gary he has player a long time in the USA where the game and culture are vastly different. He will need time to adapt as will the English league players. Personally think he is light weight and needs to man up or stop trying to take on two and three players at the same time. Head up and pass when you see the route forward is blocked.

To who? Everyone is behind him

I don't know if its been mentioned yet but GMSs man was traipsing down the wing for QOSs starting the move that got them the penalty while he was still lying on the ground not getting the foul that he didn't earn. I was shouting at the telly for him to get up and be part of the game and low and behold we're behind. Bloody laziness personified. he'll get better because I've seen what he can do if he's in the mood but at this time he seems gutless.

43 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If only we had Stendel coaching him.....it wouldn’t be an issue.....I mean look at how he managed to get that €20million rated ex-Schalke guy playing......

Oh wait......

1. Nobody mentioned Stendel, 2. Go a watch the first game that McEneff played then view his second game and come back to me. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We need to use the space he creates about him more. 

He always has two players on him. 

If we get ahead or we move the Ball faster he'll have more space. 

He looks a little short of confidence and a bit timid and  the things he does  tries just aren't coming off. 

Folk slating him already are planks of wood tho. 

Who's slating him and what gives you the right to abuse other posters?. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

”ok gaffer”

🤣

No but maybe let the players play with more freedom, to express themselves ☺. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who's slating him and what gives you the right to abuse other posters?. 

I never abused any posters. 

24 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I don't know if its been mentioned yet but GMSs man was traipsing down the wing for QOSs starting the move that got them the penalty while he was still lying on the ground not getting the foul that he didn't earn. I was shouting at the telly for him to get up and be part of the game and low and behold we're behind. Bloody laziness personified. he'll get better because I've seen what he can do if he's in the mood but at this time he seems gutless.

He has looked a bit timid in all games so far. 

Trying to remember if he was like this when he played for Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Celtic? 

Even with Aberdeen and Celtic GMS only performed well every now and then. In a lot of games he was completely anonymous. He’ll be the same for us. There will be one or two matches where he’s outstanding then five or six where he’s not worth a candle. 

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I never abused any posters. 

Calling people planks of wood, who do you think you are Lord Sumption? 

Other than a sentence or so of the op, I haven't read this thread.

Never will.

GMS is a quality footballer. He's just in the door. Unbelievable that naysayers are criticising him already.

Ffs.

Just now, martoon said:

Other than a sentence or so of the op, I haven't read this thread.

Never will.

GMS is a quality footballer. He's just in the door. Unbelievable that naysayers are criticising him already.

Ffs.

If they have an opinion on him so what, they have a right too? He's a very good player, personally speaking i don't believe he's the problem, but according to some you can't say that. 

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😂

scott herbertson
5 hours ago, Tenor said:

Nobody!

I did

Thought he was very poor against us for Aberdeen at Murrayfield and this was my main memory of him - too lightweight and not a team player. I tend not to criticise players when they come to us though.

I like Neilson and have liked most of his signings, though I think he got this one wrong - hopefully I am proved wrong instead 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Never called anyone a plank of wood. 

Stand down, soldier. 

Jambof3tornado
6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Will still be a cracking signing. 

As simple as that 

Yup, more about next season than this one for GMS. Let him get up to speed after time in the states playing soccer.

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If they have an opinion on him so what, they have a right too? He's a very good player, personally speaking i don't believe he's the problem, but according to some you can't say that. 

You don't have an opinion on GMS. You detest Robbie for some reason and love Stendel. Every post of yours is based on that so means absolutely nothing you say about our players is worth reading. One more for the ignore list. Maybe when we resign Stendel you'll be happy but that's never going to happen so you will just carry on trolling every thread

On 12/02/2021 at 21:52, Bongo 1874 said:

You bring in a manager that let's him express himself on a football pitch, and you will see what i mean. 

Why did Ginnelly do so well then? Was he just disobeying the manager's instructions?

3 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

****ing club is like an elephants graveyard for players

Was maybe. Berra contract about to go and until a bad injury he was an amazing signing and looked one who'd go on forever. Naismith, we all wanted and I don't think we can argue with. Who else?? Bobby? Doyle? Both on way.

Gordon? Smith?? They in the graveyard?!

GMS? He's 30!! If we get 2 years out of him, that'll be great and 30 is heehaw.

The club have got it wrong on quite a few "senior" players, most notably Whelan and McLean. What I see of late is a shift away from that.

We really need to stop beating the club with the Levein stick and give them a chance to punch their way out of that corner.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Was maybe. Berra contract about to go and until a bad injury he was an amazing signing and looked one who'd go on forever. Naismith, we all wanted and I don't think we can argue with. Who else?? Bobby? Doyle? Both on way.

Gordon? Smith?? They in the graveyard?!

GMS? He's 30!! If we get 2 years out of him, that'll be great and 30 is heehaw.

The club have got it wrong on quite a few "senior" players, most notably Whelan and McLean. What I see of late is a shift away from that.

We really need to stop beating the club with the Levein stick and give them a chance to punch their way out of that corner.

I was referring to signing players who turn out to be shite less to do with age.

I'll stop beating the club when they get a raft of signings correct.

Not asking much basic competence and a competitive attitude would be a start.

A_A wehatethehibs

I like him. He has been fouled a lot by cloggers and found it difficult getting up to speed. Think him and Kingsley have not yet come to an understanding, not looked on the same wavelength yet at times, Kingsley seems to mis-time his runs forward, or when GMS is looking for him he’s not made the run. I’d like to see him tried on the right, cutting in on his left, link up with Smith and get in closer to Boyce