GMS

swilso

Just now, Le Chat said:

He's been no better than Jordan Roberts.  That bad.

And he seems about as committed as Roberts too.  Simply won't put his foot or body in the way of possible getting touched.

Dreadful.

I actually think Roberts contributed more in his early appearances. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Robbo-Jambo

23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You bring in a manager that let's him express himself on a football pitch, and you will see what i mean. 

👍👍👍

1 minute ago, pointon said:

To be honest when our manager insists on side to side football it’s hard to see how any  winger can shine 

half the time he receives the ball he shits his pants, 25% of the time he gives it away, 25% of the time he's merely okay

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think he’s a bad player. You’re arguing more for the inclusion of Naisy rather than anything else imo. 

Because he makes players better. 

But Robbie is stubborn. 

Robbie is to blame here. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Because he makes players better. 

But Robbie is stubborn. 

Robbie is to blame here. 

I still think GMS needs to up his game even allowing for your rabbit holes. 😎

It’s really no surprise that a player whose career has been in decline for many years is failing to make any impact. I guess he’ll be on pretty decent money too. 

24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You bring in a manager that let's him express himself on a football pitch, and you will see what i mean. 

This is where I'm at. Yes Neilson may predominantly get results but I want entertained too. There's far too much backslapping and high fiving between the coaches at lucky draws or ground out wins against part timers. Yes these teams might see us as 'Cup finals' but with the players we have (many of them currently internationals) we should be on the front foot and taking them apart. I honestly feel like I'm watching a game of chess when I see hearts the majority of the time and I hate chess...bores the life out of me. Neilson was the exact same last time out apart from 1st half of the championship season when we blew teams away, hence the plane scenario (wasn't me btw!!) 

24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Dave if you can't see the team changed as soon as Naisy, stepped on the pitch then i don't know. 

Mckay Steven hasn't turned into a bad player, it's the way they are being coached. 

Couldn't believe (with the scoreline being as it was) Neilson waited until 80mins to bring on Naismith 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

But surely the manager has to inspire him to up his game. 

GSM isn't a bad player. He's perhaps played poorly thus far but he's proven himself at a good level. So I think I'll give him a bit more time to prove himself before he's written off as shite. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

But surely the manager has to inspire him to up his game. 

I think he needs to inspire himself a bit more and see where that gets him first. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think he needs to inspire himself a bit more and see where that gets him first. 

Disagree dave the manager is at fault here. 

Terrible first touch,  slow and lightweight.  Probably still in US frame of mind so needs dropped until he shows anything better ... sorry to say it but Frear looks a better option at the moment.

Seymour M Hersh

He's so pathetically light weight. And Neilson left him on and took the Dutch lad off, who hadn't been great but was miles better than GMS.  

All roads lead to Gorgie

I hoped we were getting a tricky winger with quick feet but all he seems to do with those feet is get the ball stuck under them. Really really has to show he has still got something to offer and get stuck in otherwise he is another potential poor signing.

To be honest I loved Rab Prentice when he played for us but he had his games when he wasn't brilliant , GMS reminds me of him and we'll need to be patient, I thinl he'll come good ,,,,,,,hopefully

Not going to beat about the bush here, he has been absolutely rank rotten in in every single match he has played for us so far.

Horrendous signing who looks like he has no interest what so ever in playing football in places like Dumfries on a cold Friday night.

In his interview he was on about another Scotland call up. Laughable!! He needs a serious reality check and a kick up the arse!!

Edited by Lambo85

29 minutes ago, cunny1874 said:

Gms is only here to pick up easy money terrible attitude lazy and doesn't give a rats ass about hearts 

100% bang on the money.

You can add Halliday to that conveyer belt of wage thieves.

20 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Not going to beat about the bush here, he has been absolutely rank rotten in in every single match he has played for us so far.

Horrendous signing who looks like he has no interest what so ever in playing football in places like Dumfries on a cold Friday night.

In his interview he was on about another Scotland call up. Laughable!! He needs a serious reality check and a kick up the arse!!

A punch in the pus more like.

Frear is a better player. At least he managed a few goals and an assist in his time on the pitch

GMS has done less than nothing.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You can’t honestly blame the manager for McKay-Steven’s performances!! 😂

40 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Lack of enthusiasm and effort

Been spoilt rotten in the States by the looks of it

Like so many of our players it’s sad to say. Half the don’t care when they play. They do the bare minimum they need to do and think it’s acceptable. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

You can’t honestly blame the manager for McKay-Steven’s performances!! 😂

Tell me one player he has improved since he's came back? 

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tell me one player he has improved since he's came back? 

The first team players he inherited weren’t exactly the ones that needed to improve...

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

There's a few need to up there game  big time   let's not mention eh , I'm sure we all.know who they are ,,,,

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

This is where I'm at. Yes Neilson may predominantly get results but I want entertained too. There's far too much backslapping and high fiving between the coaches at lucky draws or ground out wins against part timers. Yes these teams might see us as 'Cup finals' but with the players we have (many of them currently internationals) we should be on the front foot and taking them apart. I honestly feel like I'm watching a game of chess when I see hearts the majority of the time and I hate chess...bores the life out of me. Neilson was the exact same last time out apart from 1st half of the championship season when we blew teams away, hence the plane scenario (wasn't me btw!!) 

👏

J.T.F.Robertson

The guy was far from consistently on his game. *I certainly wouldn't have bothered.

*Not me doing a 20/20 hindsight job.

This is My Story Podcast

Here’s something that’s bothered me. Jackson Irving signed for Hibs having not played a minutes football since March. He’s instantly hit the ground running and been a standout for Hibs. Chris Cadden a very similar story. GMS hadn’t played football since December, a month without football. We are saying “he’s needs a pre season”. Do we just accept that these players aren’t fit or is there no pressure on them to get fitter? Gnaduillet doesn’t look up to speed. kastaneer doesn’t look up to speed. GMS isn’t up to speed. Why do our signings take so long to make an impact. Halliday another saying he wasn’t up to speed. Said the manager had a word with him on Boxing Day about his performances. We didn’t see a reaction from him till last Fridays game? Is it a culture at the club? 

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

So far just another player for us not to believe in. 

Another in a cast of thousands. 

^^^^^^

This, it's been never ending. HTF do we keep repeating the same fek ups? As I keep saying, it's been years now.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Here’s something that’s bothered me. Jackson Irving signed for Hibs having not played a minutes football since March. He’s instantly hit the ground running and been a standout for Hibs. Chris Cadden a very similar story. GMS hadn’t played football since December, a month without football. We are saying “he’s needs a pre season”. Do we just accept that these players aren’t fit or is there no pressure on them to get fitter? Gnaduillet doesn’t look up to speed. kastaneer doesn’t look up to speed. GMS isn’t up to speed. Why do our signings take so long to make an impact. Halliday another saying he wasn’t up to speed. Said the manager had a word with him on Boxing Day about his performances. We didn’t see a reaction from him till last Fridays game? Is it a culture at the club? 

Most don't even make that "impact", other than turning out shite.

Mind you, it's a bit early to be throwing their signings into the discussion.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Gms has displayed excellent ability in past seasons in scottish football. So far we haven't seen it. Tonight he made two decent runs and imo should have been given a free kick when he was bundled off the ball. 

However he hasn't been good enough so far. If it isn't a physical thing then it's a mental thing. And for me if a player is not performing that's the managers remit to get them to perform. I get the vibe Robbie doesn't do enough of the mind games and I don't see a dynamic partnership with him and mcculloch.

Levein was p**h at player motivation and his general man management so I hope Neilson hasn't modelled himself on that approach. 

This is My Story Podcast
1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Most don't even make that "impact", other than turning out shite.

Mind you, it's a bit early to be throwing their signings into the discussion.

Yeah it’s very early but they are getting good write ups and their stats are decent. GMS hasn’t even had a shot on target or an assist. Just doesn’t seem right how out of shape we look. 

Thought he started really well then lost his way, like the rest of the team. Still far too early to write off, I’m sure he’ll come good. 

The thing that really concerns me is that this is the championship we are playing in.

Players like GMS who have played well in the Scottish Premiership in the past for Dundee Utd, Celtic, Aberdeen and also played for Scotland should be hitting the ground running.

He’s been absolutely brutal so what are the reasons for that? Is not playing football for a month really an excuse for him to be absolutely shite against the likes of Ayr Utd and QOTS?

Robbie needs to do his job and give GMS a massive boot up the arse and let him know that the quality of his performances so far have been totally unacceptable. 
I would drop GMS in the next game and start Frear and that says it all to be honest.

Edited by Lambo85

GMS can certainly play. He’s proved that at his previous clubs. It’s far too early to be writing him off.  He needs told though that performances like last night are not acceptable. That said only one or two produced anything like acceptable  last night.  Piss poor and hopefully we get a reaction to that next Saturday.

On 13/02/2021 at 09:45, Deevers said:

GMS can certainly play. He’s proved that at his previous clubs. It’s far too early to be writing him off.  He needs told though that performances like last night are not acceptable. That said only one or two produced anything like acceptable  last night.  Piss poor and hopefully we get a reaction to that next Saturday.

I do not think he should start on Saturday against Morton but I kinnda get the feeling that he will start every week regardless of how he is performing.

On 12/02/2021 at 22:30, Bongo 1874 said:

Disagree dave the manager is at fault here. 

One morning you’re going to wake up in a great mood and say to yourself ‘you know what? I’m going to give robbie the benefit of the doubt today’.