• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Robbo-Jambo

Like Sean Clare when GMS has a manager that is prepared to play to his strengths, that is when you will see the real GMS 👍 he ain't the problem. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

TheOnlyWayis51
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

When?? 🤷‍♂️

When Budge gets the Delorean out and travels back five years or so.

59 minutes ago, TheOnlyWayis51 said:

When Budge gets the Delorean out and travels back five years or so.

😂

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Like Sean Clare when GMS has a manager that is prepared to play to his strengths, that is when you will see the real GMS 👍 he ain't the problem. 

Bongo, you keep banging on about this and I might have missed something, but what specifically is the problem, and what info do you have that leads you to that conclusion?

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Bongo, you keep banging on about this and I might have missed something, but what specifically is the problem, and what info do you have that leads you to that conclusion?

I've seen it with my own eyes and the same things are repeating themselves over and over again, 

Can't you see it how many players aren't performing. 

Dagger Is Back
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I've seen it with my own eyes and the same things are repeating themselves over and over again, 

Can't you see it how many players aren't performing. 

Yip I’m with you but just wondered if you had anything other than our own take on things.

I wasn’t impressed with RNs appointment and his tinkering really gets on my nerves.

I think we take decent players but ruin them through not playing to their strengths and trying to shoehorn them into a system that doesn’t. I see a squad that’s tentative and playing well within itself.

I see a HC that talks a good game but rarely delivers that good game. I suspect he overdoes the tactics and pays far too much attention to nullifying the opposition.

That’s all based on my interpretation of what I see and my gut tells me. I’m often wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Yip I’m with you but just wondered if you had anything other than our own take on things.

I wasn’t impressed with RNs appointment and his tinkering really gets on my nerves.

I think we take decent players but ruin them through not playing to their strengths and trying to shoehorn them into a system that doesn’t. I see a squad that’s tentative and playing well within itself.

I see a HC that talks a good game but rarely delivers that good game. I suspect he overdoes the tactics and pays far too much attention to nullifying the opposition.

That’s all based on my interpretation of what I see and my gut tells me. I’m often wrong. 

Could tell you a few story's mate maybe one day through pm 😉

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What is his strengths and where should he be played?

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

What is his strengths and where should he be played?

Mackay-Steven is an experienced left-footed winger who can play on both sides of the pitch, his strengths are being direct and he needs to have freedom, to express himself on the pitch. 

Mackay-Steven is an experienced left-footed winger who can play on both sides of the pitch, his strengths are being direct and he needs to have freedom, to express himself on the pitch. 

He has had plenty of chances to express himself by beating a man and having a worthwhile effort on goal or putting over a telling cross......

7 games in and he hasn’t mustered up even one step over.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He has been playing on both sides of the pitch and has done diddily squat!

With regards to having freedom to express himself are you saying he is being suppressed in some way?

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

He has had plenty of chances to express himself by beating a man and having a worthwhile effort on goal or putting over a telling cross......

7 games in and he hasn’t mustered up even one step over.

Thoughts on McEneff first half performance today, then his second half performance. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but what a lot of utter crap.

Are you saying that Neilson and the coaching staff are telling him to not express himself in a match against Morton at Tynecastle?

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He has been playing on both sides of the pitch and has done diddily squat!

With regards to having freedom to express himself are you saying he is being suppressed in some way?

Watch the games he played in and judge yourself mate. 

Just now, Lambo85 said:

Sorry but what a lot of utter crap.

Are you saying that Neilson and the coaching staff are telling him to not express himself in a match against Morton at Tynecastle?

Robbie ain't what he makes himself out to be. 

Watch the games he played in and judge yourself mate. 

I have mate and just can’t see the point your are making, so could you explain your comment on not getting the freedom to express himself Bongo?

Robbie ain't what he makes himself out to be. 

Again what do you mean by that Bongo?

Isn't his fault that's what i think.

He can’t beat a man. He’s tried and failed. This is what I’ve seen in the 7 matches so far. 

It’s nobodies fault but his own he hasn’t managed to skin a full back.....it’s not like he hasn’t given it plenty of go’s.

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He got his freedom  today, couldn't beat his man, couldn't cross the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thoughts on McEneff first half performance today, then his second half performance. 

Totally fell out the game in the second half - do you have a theory on that Bongo?

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Aye he's pish, Naismiths pish, Smith is pish, your right 👍

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Totally fell out the game in the second half - do you have a theory on that Bongo?

Well he may be playing to instruction thought the second half performance, was very similar to Queen of the South performance. 

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I have mate and just can’t see the point your are making, so could you explain your comment on not getting the freedom to express himself Bongo?

Could it be that players are playing to instruction?. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Could it be that players are playing to instruction?. 

So what “instruction” was he getting? Christ this is like drawing teeth! 🙄

I was told by a good source a few years ago that Calum Patterson absolutely hated playing for Neilson as he was always trying to curtail his attacking instincts, to the point that he was under orders not to cross the halfway line.

So I think I know where Bongo is coming from.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well he may be playing to instruction thought the second half performance, was very similar to Queen of the South performance. 

And what “instruction” was McEneff getting then?

1 minute ago, Le Chat said:

I was told by a good source a few years ago that Calum Patterson absolutely hated playing for Neilson as he was always trying to curtail his attacking instincts, to the point that he was under orders not to cross the halfway line.

You know your stuff 😉 Easter road dust up in the changing rooms after game, few home truths said 👍

Berra than you
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Probably because he's not played 90 minutes in about 2 months.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And what “instruction” was McEneff getting then?

I'm not prepared to come out with much more mate sorry 👍

1 minute ago, Le Chat said:

That is true as confirmed by CP - it would be nice if Bongo would spill the beans instead of being so obscure.

Playing to instruction 😂

GMS.....get the ball son....run at the guy but whatever you don’t run past him and get a cross over. That’s not why we brought you here. 

Captain Naismith......we need to struggle to control passes and have a first touch like a blind man wearing concrete boots. We also need you to pass the ball to teammates in such a way they won’t get near it. Also....if you chuck in a few miss kicks along the way that will be superb. That next Scotland cap is just a phone call away now Stevie.

What utter nonsense we’re being fed on here this evening.

You know your stuff 😉 Easter road dust up in the changing rooms after game, few home truths said 👍

Yeah, heard about that.  Amongst other things.

11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Our Supporters Club have a sweep going on when he finally beats a man - we are not expecting to pay out any time soon.....

I'm not prepared to come out with much more mate sorry 👍

PM me then

4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Probably because he's not played 90 minutes in about 2 months.

Could be right - Bongo seems to be insinuating he fell out the game due to “instructions” 🤷‍♂️

Voice of reason

So every time a player plays badly it’s Neilson’s fault? Some people are giving the players an easy ride. Robbie wasn’t the person booting loads of great chances into the stands today or the winger not taking his man on.

GMS is not running at people at all. He’s been easily the most unimpressive of all the new signings. Still time to turn it around though. Wingers have always been inconsistent. 

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Could be right - Bongo seems to be insinuating he fell out the game due to “instructions” 🤷‍♂️

Tbf some managers do ask players to do things that's don't get the best out of them, neilson, stendel and levein were/are all guilty of it. Just don't think that's the problem with McEneff. Neilson even addressed the fact he was poorer second half than first after the game. Don't think he'd draw attention to it if he'd asked him to play that way.

21 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Our Supporters Club have a sweep going on when he finally beats a man - we are not expecting to pay out any time soon.....

What month have you got? 😕

Bazzas right boot

He's been poor so far but what I noticed today is that he carries the ball and gets us 30-50 yards further up the field  very quickly.

He get the whole team 30 yards or so further up within 3/4 seconds.

I'd like to see him beat a man and cut inside more, but he does win us yards and wins a lot of corners .

Not many players at any level beat a man ala Roy of the rovers styleee.

Needs to improve but  as per not as bad as some make out. I thought he was good today.

Him, Naismith and Halliday will be important players next season an maybe even this season in big games.