***Official Ayr v Hearts match day thread***

GinRummy

8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Which if you think about it, makes basically **** all difference? Not as though we’re down to 10 men? He can still go in the dressing room and Jig can do a job on the touchline. What I’m saying is, pelters for these shite bag referees every week, I can relate to that. He speaks for me! 

and the referees get pissed of with it and take it out on our players on the pitch....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

and the referees get pissed of with it and take it out on our players on the pitch....

The puir sensitive wee souls!   Not even being shouted at from the shed in like the old days, R H Davidson, Hugh Alexander, the guy from Giffnock (Ferguson?) et al - we used to give them pelters BECAUSE they were merde,  all west coast mafia.  They got pelters because they were merde.

A_A wehatethehibs
33 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not what transpired yesterday, the opposite happened. After the pelters he got he realised he’d made an arse of the first penalty so he gave us the 2nd one which was softer. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not what transpired yesterday, the opposite happened. After the pelters he got he realised he’d made an arse of the first penalty so he gave us the 2nd one which was softer. 

You have a point there

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Makes you wonder if the ref watched the penalty incident at half time on the TV pictures and realised he got it badly wrong and wanted to rectify it. 

There is no doubt the one given was pretty soft but the one he didn't award was a stonewaller and I think he knew that. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The problem will come next season when the ‘results are more important than performances’ crowd find that this style of football doesn’t deliver them at a higher level. Because that’s what will happen.

I know Neilson keeps going on about the style he’d like to play but rather than doing that, the style he actually does play is so limited.

Why? It didn't happen last time Robbie got promoted. We won our first 5, including two away, scoring 13 goals. We would have won at Hamilton as well if it wasn't for a ridiculous sending off decision against us. We scored 59 goals in the league (last time we were 3rd under JJ we scored 53) and scored 3 or more goals in a game 8 times in all competitions. And that was with arguably poorer striker and winger options than we have now.

Edited by ToqueJambo

12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Jesus Christ - what the actual **** ?  
Elephant in the room 🤣🤣🤣  Played barely 90 minutes  collectively and yet scored 2 goals.  He had very little service last night but that was just the type of game it was v difficult opponents. It was always going to be that type of game. He dug in and did a lot of work off the ball.  Give him a chance ffs

Oh absolutely. I will give the boy more rope. But last night he was gash. No getting away from that 👍🏻

The Old Tolbooth

I genuinely can’t believe that Hearts fans are moaning about that last night, we won, we deserved to win, we robbed Ayr of their unbeaten home record all season, we increased the gap to 12 points, we took a step closer to righting a massive wrong, and we escaped without any injuries, job done in my book!!! 

Next!! 🇱🇻

11 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Oh absolutely. I will give the boy more rope. But last night he was gash. No getting away from that 👍🏻

Boy looks as though not part of the team yet. Bit of sorting out to do by RN. Time yet bearing in mind our three previous strikers? could only score twelve goals in ninety games over 2/3 seasons. Time yet to get the big man on the ball. 

First time on the thread since the game. Positives....three points and another clean sheet. Is that 3 now since Popescu came back in again? Negatives was the amount of times i was shaking my head in the second half watching a potential move break down when someone managed to get into a positive space and rather than make the pass the ball went along the back yet again. A few frustrated faces on that pitch second half. All it did was give Ayr time to get back and defend and moves broke down. I've come to accept that now, it's Robbie's style but it's frustrating to know thatonly one mistake could easily cost us points because of it. Thought Gnanduillet was pretty ineffective like last week but it'll take time to settle. Mackay-Steven showed glimpses of good control but needs to get more involved. McEneff looks like he's the type to pounce on any mistakes and Castaneer has good close control and pace. Could be a player there. Anyway, three points, on to the next one. 

30 minutes ago, jambonian said:

First time on the thread since the game. Positives....three points and another clean sheet. Is that 3 now since Popescu came back in again? Negatives was the amount of times i was shaking my head in the second half watching a potential move break down when someone managed to get into a positive space and rather than make the pass the ball went along the back yet again. A few frustrated faces on that pitch second half. All it did was give Ayr time to get back and defend and moves broke down. I've come to accept that now, it's Robbie's style but it's frustrating to know thatonly one mistake could easily cost us points because of it. Thought Gnanduillet was pretty ineffective like last week but it'll take time to settle. Mackay-Steven showed glimpses of good control but needs to get more involved. McEneff looks like he's the type to pounce on any mistakes and Castaneer has good close control and pace. Could be a player there. Anyway, three points, on to the next one. 

Says it all.

Takeshi kovac

I do get the "we only play for 45 minutes " arguement but that game was effected massively by the weather.  First half we were rubbish but playing into a hurricane,  second half we dominated played some decent football could easily have scored more goals and defo should have been playing against 10 men. It wasn't vintage Hearts but I will accept a 1 nil away win every time

Bazzas right boot
23 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

On 05/02/2021 at 19:55, Smith's right boot said:

We'll get the next "half" pen. 

Called it at the time, Scottish refs are bad, but are consistant at being it. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Takeshi kovac said:

I do get the "we only play for 45 minutes " arguement but that game was effected massively by the weather.  First half we were rubbish but playing into a hurricane,  second half we dominated played some decent football could easily have scored more goals and defo should have been playing against 10 men. It wasn't vintage Hearts but I will accept a 1 nil away win every time

Yip, and the "only played for blah minutes" Brigade forget that defending is actually part of football. 

Getting clean sheets and your gk having virtually nothing to do is a team playing well. 

Defending as well as attacking is important In football. 

Too many on here forget about that and think it's a game of 5 a sides.