***Official Ayr v Hearts match day thread***

GinRummy

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

...But can you imagine the seethe if GMS was an unknown from England or a foreigner!! 

The difference is that we know what GMS is / was capable of so people are more likely to give him time. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Could you explain it to me because that’s not a penalty under any rule I’m familiar with

If it was my job to appear on national telly I'm sure I'd make an effort to find out🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

My comment is pretty much the same as the comment you quoted.

Shite watch

Good result 

An away game against a stuffy team on a mud bath pitch in gale force winds a shite watch? I’m flabbergasted 

10 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

...But can you imagine the seethe if GMS was an unknown from England or a foreigner!! 

I think this is valid, in short he was totally rank and the same last time out. Fitness or the lac kof it does not enter into what I am seeing he is just not very good. If fitness was the problem I would cut him slack but he is showing nothing at all... that is not fitness related. Next year we will be in the premier and that is a defo step up... they guy has major work to do .

Edited by jock _turd

A_A wehatethehibs

Neilson dishes out absolute pelters for the refs every week and gets booked constantly. I’m starting to like the cut of his jib. I think he actually likes getting booked because end of the day, who gives a **** if a manager gets booked? What’s the point of booking a manager? he’s no on the park :lol: might as well book a fan

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Neilson dishes out absolute pelters for the refs every week and gets booked constantly. I’m starting to like the cut of his jib. I think he actually likes getting booked because end of the day, who gives a **** if a manager gets booked? What’s the point of booking a manager? he’s no on the park :lol: might as well book a fan

I did wonder when he got a red card against raith if it meant a touchline ban, doesn't seem to mean he haw

17 minutes ago, pointon said:

If Irving does not want to sign his latest contract offer let him wander off into the football widernees

Harsh.  He had an average game tonight.  That's well below his normal standard.  If he "wanders off" that would be a loss for our Club.

Ex member of the SaS

Another poor performance with the luck of a dodgy penalty. Hardly a shot on target and another game where supposed good players don't turn up. Big difference in attitude after McEneff came on. Why take off Irvine when Boyce was not cutting it?

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, MrBones said:

I did wonder when he got a red card against raith if it meant a touchline ban, doesn't seem to mean he haw

Even a touch line ban... who cares? Still gets in the dressing room and jig can do a job on the touchline, take over having pops at the ref 

2 minutes ago, Scallywag said:

Robbie is correct....if the ball comes in form 40 yards and you take a duff touch and it hits your hand its a stonewaller.

Yes, going by the rules... 

priceless him saying that straight after kerr’s ‘Neilson should be on the naughty step’ rant though 

brilliant

Just now, jamborich said:

May have but they still have to play to the same conductor 

Not may have, we will have. We’re hardly just going to keep the same squad next year. He’s conducting his way out of this league. If he doesn’t cut it next season we’ll all be heard. Right now he’s doing exactly what he has to do. 

section s heart
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Even a touch line ban... who cares? Still gets in the dressing room and jig can do a job on the touchline, take over having pops at the ref 

Could be banished to the stand for his red, but with games being BCD, still no problem getting his points across.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What's the point of giving a manager a red card though if he's not banned?

4 minutes ago, Scallywag said:

Robbie is correct....if the ball comes in form 40 yards and you take a duff touch and it hits your hand its a stonewaller.

Also the hand ball diverted it going to Gnando who would have been in a goals coring position and it was a very exaggerated handball - i.e. I think the defender knew exactly what he was doing.

30 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Boyce has great feet but his final pass, shot when he's on the ball could be much better.  If he had all that, he wouldn't be with us.

So true. Has many good attributes but some significant flaws too. 

Busy player, but all too often doesn't pass when the pass is on and then runs into a cul-de-sac.

When he does pass then it's a total lottery whether he finds a team mate or not.

8 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I think this is valid, in short he was totally rank and the same last time out. Fitness or the lac kof it does not enter into what I am seeing he is just not very good. If fitness was the problem I would cut him slack but he is showing nothing at all... that is not fitness related. Next year we will be in the premier and that is a defo step up... they guy has major work to do .

Thought he looked light weight... compared to Kasteneer who looks tailor made for Scottish football- big, strong, fast, direct. I think him and Mceneff could well be good finds for us. 

7 minutes ago, Scallywag said:

I agree. He was spot on actually. Completely different if it’s 3 yards away.  He has a great point 

Not the best tonight but we win. Last time in this league we had many 1-0 wins also. Win the next three and its all but done as Dundee/Dunfermline and Raith do not all take maximum points from that period. Even still if they do we still have to play all three 

1 minute ago, bradleyHMFC said:

Not the best tonight but we win. Last time in this league we had many 1-0 wins also. Win the next three and its all but done as Dundee/Dunfermline and Raith do not all take maximum points from that period. Even still if they do we still have to play all three 

Two away

Edited by colinmaroon

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, colinmaroon said:

Also the hand ball diverted it going to Gnando who would have been in a goals coring position and it was a very exaggerated handball - i.e. I think the defender knew exactly what he was doing.

The defender knew **** all about it, bounced of his leg and hit his arm, purely accidental.  Irrelevant if it was going to another player.  He was trying to clear it and made an arse of it, end of.  I’ll let others argue about the new laws though but the pundits seemed in unanimous agreement that it’s not a penalty. Maybe be another angle as to whether it stopped it going on target but I’m not sure about that rule and not sure it was on target until after it hit his arm anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The defender knew **** all about it, bounced of his leg and hit his arm, purely accidental.  Irrelevant if it was going to another player.  He was trying to clear it and made an arse of it, end of.  I’ll let others argue about the new laws though but the pundits seemed in unanimous agreement that it’s not a penalty. Maybe be another angle as to whether it stopped it going on target but I’m not sure about that rule and not sure it was on target until after it hit his arm anyway. 

He swung his arm.

You say accidental, I say he meant it.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Who cares the Boyce one in the first half was a stone waller.

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Two away

We have serious problems if we are worried about playing Queen of the South and a struggling Inverness away from home. Irrespective of our shocking historical away record

Mark Kerr doing an arsene wenger.

sees the penalty that maybe shouldn’t be given but not the stonewaller. Ayr were better in the first half as they had the conditions in their favour

wattie exploited
29 minutes ago, henryheart said:

.... and making a fool of himself at the same time.

yeah but he thinks he is funny maybe to clowns :rifle:

6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Booboo needs to wisen up with his slagging of the refs it's getting tiresome and will cost us in end.

Booboo? If you mean Robbie then his ‘slagging’ of the ref probably won us the game by making sure the next 50/50 penalty decision goes in our favour.

Booboo ffs

1 minute ago, bradleyHMFC said:

We have serious problems if we are worried about playing Queen of the South and a struggling Inverness away from home. Irrespective of our shocking historical away record

Dunfermline and Raith, with Dundee at home.

Context is everything.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Very good feeling about McEneff. Looked the biz. Big Kas good cameo too.

Good nights work in all.

👍 McEneff may prove to be an excellent acquisition