***Official Ayr v Hearts match day thread***

GinRummy

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Booboo needs to wisen up with his slagging of the refs it's getting tiresome and will cost us in end.

So tiresome and so predictable and as usual, so wrong. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Booboo needs to wisen up with his slagging of the refs it's getting tiresome and will cost us in end.

Is this a joke? 👀

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not may have, we will have. We’re hardly just going to keep the same squad next year. He’s conducting his way out of this league. If he doesn’t cut it next season we’ll all be heard. Right now he’s doing exactly what he has to do. 

Not quite sure why your having a dig I've already said I'd take 1 nil 3 points and move on, but no matter who we sign the football and tactics have to improve 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Who cares the Boyce one in the first half was a stone waller.

As everyone is in agreement with, so justice was done.  Are we not allowed to debate other questionable refereeing decisions though?  Surely that’s what a fan’s discussion forum is for?

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

So many things wrong with such a small post

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Booboo? If you mean Robbie then his ‘slagging’ of the ref probably won us the game by making sure the next 50/50 penalty decision goes in our favour.

Booboo ffs

What do you expect from the source.

jonnothejambo should give us one of his world famous sonnets on said character.

A win is a win. Wasn’t pretty but we battled well and got the three points. Winning football matches builds confidence and creates a winning mentality. We are not going to win every game 3/4-0 even though we should on paper. I wouldn’t really say we had any standout performers tonight, just a good battling team performance. 

Just now, jamborich said:

Not quite sure why your having a dig I've already said I'd take 1 nil 3 points and move on, but no matter who we sign the football and tactics have to improve 

We are winning the league at a canter. He inherited a lazy bunch who had struggled for the best part of two years. We will sign better players ahead of next season. Things were never going to just change instantly because we dropped down a league. 

Just now, 5jambo1 said:

A win is a win. Wasn’t pretty but we battled well and got the three points. Winning football matches builds confidence and creates a winning mentality. We are not going to win every game 3/4-0 even though we should on paper. I wouldn’t really say we had any standout performers tonight, just a good battling team performance. 

Another dangerously sensible post.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

As everyone is in agreement with, so justice was done.  Are we not allowed to debate other questionable refereeing decisions though?  Surely that’s what a fan’s discussion forum is for?

Fair enough there was an even worse decision not to give a free kick for a shocker against Boyce on the edge of their box too (not even a free kick never mind a card was awarded/issued). For once Neilson was right to rage against the officials.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

He is!

Can’t fathom that kind of infantile drivel coming from a hearts supporter straight after a win - admittedly a crappy win but still 

how weird of me to back a hearts manager who is raging because of crap refereeing 🤪

Great performance, really enjoyed that.

Dug in, showed grit and determination with a sprinkle of some really good football.

The difference without the ball when a certain centre half isn't on the pitch is quite remarkable.  

Teams now have to play through us to beat us.  Only downside again is silly individual errors but possibly justified in the conditions. 

Feel sorry for the JKB massive again, another win means another miserable weekend. Sair yin.  They'll have to moan about pounds and penny's and pitches...... 😀😀😀😀 

Fair enough there was an even worse decision not to give a free kick for a shocker against Boyce on the edge of their box too (not even a free kick never mind a card was awarded/issued). For once Neilson was right to rage against the officials.

Bit unfair!

Fozzyonthefence

The one on Boyce was probably the worst decision of the night and there were many!

1 minute ago, topsport said:

Can’t fathom that kind of infantile drivel coming from a hearts supporter straight after a win - admittedly a crappy win but still 

how weird of me to back a hearts manager who is raging because of crap refereeing 🤪

Perhaps you answered your own question.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We are winning the league at a canter. He inherited a lazy bunch who had struggled for the best part of two years. We will sign better players ahead of next season. Things were never going to just change instantly because we dropped down a league. 

He brought back Berra the warning signs are there

2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

When the BBC showed the replay it was a straight red and they even managed to agree on that.  Per BBC stats only 19 fouls by Ayr but I think it was a few more

5 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

He was. On another night Murdoch gets a red for an elbow and the other boy gets sent off for that shocker on the edge of the box. Both after a stonewall penalty wasn’t given. 

The penalty given was harsh but his hand is high and it stops either an attempt on goal or a tap in for Gnando. 

Just now, topsport said:

Sorry Colin- meant to quote yours and your pals post- wasn’t criticising you 🤪👍

Okay, I read into your post the original.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

There has been a change in attitude since getting beat by Raith. Only giving the required effort but it's been better all the same

Yes, against Dunfermline and Ayr but surely much better away to Raith?  I didn’t see it but sounded like a good performance on radio. But generally just doing enough to get by is probably a good summary of this season. 

27 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Ugly win against a bunch of hammer throwers

3 points is all that matters.

Correct. 

Any one that's ever played in conditions like that will understand. 

Just now, iainmac said:

Correct. 

Too many virtual reality managers/players on here.  Not a red blaize sufferer among them.

2 minutes ago, jamborich said:

He brought back Berra the warning signs are there

I think that was a mistake. He’s doing enough this season. I think I’ll wait till next season to decide how he does next season. 

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Correct. 

It's hard to replicate those conditions on the Xstation unfortunately for the majority of this thread. 

We won 16 nil earlier.

Edited by Bull's-eye

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Bit unfair!

Maybe he seems to blame officials when we lose, tonight we won so maybe he gave him food for thought at half time?. Another yellow card though.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I think that was a mistake. He’s doing enough this season. I think I’ll wait till next season to decide how he does next season. 

Logical!  You might send Kickback into a tailspin.

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Too many virtual reality managers/players on here.  Not a red blaize sufferer among them.

Pep, Jose and Jurgen are itching to post, Colin..

Just now, EIEIO said:

Maybe he seems to blame officials when we lose, tonight we won so maybe he gave him food for thought at half time?. Another yellow card though.

Cards have come from "top" (oh ma sides) SPFL Premiership refs, two in particular, Beaton and nit picking McLean.

Robbie has the benefit of the doubt in my mind and, for McLean only to give a handful of fouls against us means we were much, much better in managing the game.

16 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Dunfermline and Raith, with Dundee at home.

Context is everything.

League is won before the Dunfermline game, never mind Raith which is last game of the season 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair play no problem 

40 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Could you explain it to me because that’s not a penalty under any rule I’m familiar with

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/updates-to-laws-of-the-game-2019-20/#:~:text=Handball – Law 12&text=The ball goes into the,made their body unnaturally bigger.

Handball – Law 12

Changes
Deliberate handball remains an offence.

The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:

• The ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm.
  • A player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity.
  • The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger.
  • The ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm).

The following will not usually be a free kick, unless they are one of the above situations:

• The ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near.
  • The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger.
  • If a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the body bigger)
  • If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball

Explanation
Greater clarity is needed for handball, especially on those occasions when ‘non deliberate’ handball is an offence. The re-wording follows a number of principles:

• Football does not accept a goal being scored by a hand/arm (even if accidental).
  • Football expects a player to be penalised for handball if they gain possession/control of the ball from their hand/arm and gain a major advantage e.g. score or create a goal-scoring opportunity.
  • It is natural for a player to put their arm between their body and the ground for support when falling.
  • Having the hand/arm above shoulder height is rarely a ‘natural’ position and a player is ‘taking a risk’ by having the hand/arm in that position, including when sliding.
  • If the ball comes off the player’s body, or off another player (of either team) who is close by, onto the hands/arms it is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball.
  • When the goalkeeper clearly kicks or tries to kick the ball into play, this shows no intention to handle the ball so, if the ‘clearance’ attempt is unsuccessful, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball without committing an offence.

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Correct. 

Deffo, very difficult to play much football in a strong wind.

7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Great performance, really enjoyed that.

Dug in, showed grit and determination with a sprinkle of some really good football.

The difference without the ball when a certain centre half isn't on the pitch is quite remarkable.  

Teams now have to play through us to beat us.  Only downside again is silly individual errors but possibly justified in the conditions. 

Feel sorry for the JKB massive again, another win means another miserable weekend. Sair yin.  They'll have to moan about pounds and penny's and pitches...... 😀😀😀😀 

I agree with this. I didn’t actually think we were that bad. First half it was difficult in the conditions but after the penalty (which wasn’t) we controlled the game, kept the ball, passed it well. Missing a final ball most times or we’d probably have got a couple more but we were fairly comfortable I thought.

Walker was good again. Halliday was good. McEneff was good. Kastaneer was decent in patches.

On the down side we didn’t get much from GMS or Gnando or Irving and a few bloopers at the back we got away with.

Not a game anyone will remember with affection but 3 away points and another potential banana skin out the way.

28 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

:cornette_dog:

Just imagine this being your patter :lol:

:vrface:

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Nope but evens out the ridiculous decision not to give us a stonewaller in the first half.

Yep absolutely a pen A in the first half. 

Seymour M Hersh

Awful game probably down mostly to the wind. However in the first half into the wind we mostly lumped it high for it to get caught and never reach the player intended for. Our most enterprising moves (unsurprisingly) were when we played it on the deck. Alas far too few times.  Second half got the lead controlled the game for the most part without making them panic and their keeper making saves left, tight and centre. Talking of keepers WTF was Craig doing with his kicking tonight? Still another 3 points en route to getting back into the top division and that, at the end of the day, is all that counts. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

That is not the rule.

Its conditional. 

It is the rule.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54321867

So should a penalty be given every time the ball hits a player's hand in the area?

No. The exceptions are if the ball hits a player's arm directly from the player's own head or body and if a player is falling and their arm is between themselves and the ground for support. There is also room for interpretation as to what makes a player's body 'unnaturally bigger'.

So, if a player has his arms by their side when the ball hits their hand/arm, they may not automatically concede a penalty.

Happy if you can show otherwise though.

Edit: I see this has been cleared up already. 👍

Edited by graygo

Guest ToqueJambo

Another excellent 3 points on a shitty pitch in shitty weather against a shitty team. Two debuts. Clean sheet. Defence looking much more solid.

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I agree with this. I didn’t actually think we were that bad. First half it was difficult in the conditions but after the penalty (which wasn’t) we controlled the game, kept the ball, passed it well. Missing a final ball most times or we’d probably have got a couple more but we were fairly comfortable I thought.

Walker was good again. Halliday was good. McEneff was good. Kastaneer was decent in patches.

On the down side we didn’t get much from GMS or Gnando or Irving and a few bloopers at the back we got away with.

Not a game anyone will remember with affection but 3 away points and another potential banana skin out the way.

I agree with your summary. 

I'm a bit confused about the penalty rule though. 

I thought we controlled the game well and if the penalty in the first half had been given it would have been an easier night. 

I never felt the result was in any doubt and both teams did well to make a half decent game of it under atrocious conditions. 

Somerset Park has never been an easy ground to go to and most of the Premier league teams would struggle there. 

It's a good three points and as Andy Halliday said teams are treating games against us as big occasions and giving that bit extra. 

LarrysRightFoot

The type of win that leads to titles. The type of win we should have been getting at Dens and East End.

We can’t accept that every week but it’s good to grind out some results.  

kingantti1874
49 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

he should stop slagging refs. However, that may be one of the most pathetic nicknames / things I’ve ever read 😆 pretty embarrassing 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

My takeaways from tonight.

We are learning to win ugly. 

But we still chuck in moments of complacency. 

Popescu is the ultimate bomb scare 

Gary needs some time to get adapted, just not sharp at all

McEneff is going to be quality 

Hearts and Irving should call it a draw and get the papers done,  he needs us, finishing school still required before he moves

Boyce is trying to break the world record for stepovers in a season 

Winger could have a future 

Walker is doing the hard yards

Naismith bar his mazy into his own box,  at least looked bright in the closing stages 

Gnandos needs games 

The weather was shit 

Steven Maclean is still a *****

Jonathan Sutherland is still a *****

McFadden is actually ok

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

My takeaways from tonight.

We are learning to win ugly. 

But we still chuck in moments of complacency. 

Popescu is the ultimate bomb scare 

Gary needs some time to get adapted, just not sharp at all

McEneff is going to be quality 

Hearts and Irving should call it a draw and get the papers done,  he needs us, finishing school still required before he moves

Boyce is trying to break the world record for stepovers in a season 

Winger could have a future 

Walker is doing the hard yards

Naismith bar his mazy into his own box,  at least looked bright in the closing stages 

Gnandos needs games 

The weather was shit 

Steven Maclean is still a *****

Jonathan Sutherland is still a *****

McFadden is actually ok

Spot on.   Great summary and find myself agreeing with every point...