***Official Ayr v Hearts match day thread***

GinRummy

Tight win. Cameos for at least one of the two deadline day signings and a first hearts goal for GMS. 2-3. Boyce double the other 2 goals. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tight win. Cameos for at least one of the two deadline day signings and a first hearts goal for GMS. 2-3. Boyce double the other 2 goals. 

Nonsense. Nandos will score. Put a monkey on it.

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Nonsense. Nandos will score. Put a monkey on it.

He needs one after his howler last week 😀. Boyce is da man this week. 👌

Hoping that we put in the necessary effort and intensity from the first first minute for this game. Not another slow start Hearts, come on, HHGH!

A high tempo, energetic start would be nice.

We don't have to win the game in the first 10 minutes but it would make a change if we could get a proper, early foothold in it.

The slow starts and poor 1st half's are as frustrating as they are baffling. 

Looking forward to seeing the new lads at some point. 

35 minutes ago, King prawn said:

They’ve only conceded 3 goals at home so far and haven’t lost yet. They haven’t faced Hearts yet, though :jjyay:

Sounds like they're long overdue to concede an absolute shedload. 

Edited by GinRummy

Selkirkhmfc1874

Same high tempo as Raith away and we'll win easily but got to be at it from first whistle unlike some of our games this season 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Hardly a howler!  If you want howlers, watch back re Liam Boyce.

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Hardly a howler!  If you want howlers, watch back re Liam Boyce.

Boycie would have burst the back of the net with that chance Colin. Wee bit competition up front now will spur him on to 25 goals this season.

Will anyone be able to get the starting 11 right? I know the new boys might not be fully fit but looking forward to seeing McEnuff (what’s his nickname).  Baptism of fire for them though - evening k-o in Ayr in February. Hope they’ve got thermals 

Tough game. Their home form is more than decent.

Hopefully a win of any sort.

Though even that, I doubt, would be enough to silence some of the utter throbbers on here.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

5-0.  It's Ayr United.  Not Real Madrid, AC Milan, Hibs or any of the other European giants.

5-0 minimum.

I love some folks optimism.

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Just do them Hearts. Let them know we will never forget.

The aerosol who did the deed is away now, and I do know some Ayr United supporters who were on our side.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Hm. Not sure it was a howler dude!

Firstly his header from the deep free kick produced a fantastic save.

His miss from close in, Boyce needed to pass at least two steps earlier, he let Nandos get too close to him and beyond the front post and it turned from a tap in to a difficult reaction. Coylda done better yeah, but far from howler on his part.

Anyhoo, know you ain't having a go at the big yin, worth watching the chance again tho.

53 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Will anyone be able to get the starting 11 right? I know the new boys might not be fully fit but looking forward to seeing McEnuff (what’s his nickname).  Baptism of fire for them though - evening k-o in Ayr in February. Hope they’ve got thermals 

He seems to like GMS on the right so I'll go for 4-2-3-1 with big Armand coming of the bench, hopefully with 1 or 2 of our newer guys joining him.

Gordon

Smith 

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Irving

Halliday

GMS

Walker

White

Boyce

Just now, GinRummy said:

He seems to like GMS on the right so I'll go for 4-2-3-1 with big Armand coming of the bench, hopefully with 1 or 2 of our newer guys joining him.

Gordon

Smith 

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Irving

Halliday

GMS

Walker

White

Boyce

That'd do it. As long as wide men play high.

Only doubt for me would be Hendo in for White, but Hendo may have had and missed his chance.

Still love to see Haring in for Halliday but that's one of those you just can't say without knowing Big Petes status etc.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hm. Not sure it was a howler dude!

Firstly his header from the deep free kick produced a fantastic save.

His miss from close in, Boyce needed to pass at least two steps earlier, he let Nandos get too close to him and beyond the front post and it turned from a tap in to a difficult reaction. Coylda done better yeah, but far from howler on his part.

Anyhoo, know you ain't having a go at the big yin, worth watching the chance again tho.

I was exaggerating to big up Boyce v Nandos. Loving the big guy so far 👍. Would like to see the two of them up front together but unsure if RN will go for it.

58 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Look I've been championing Enzo and Big Kas for the 2 new signings. Not enough wrestling fans on here, man!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf81X183CZFnXo05nVoM7

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

That'd do it. As long as wide men play high.

Only doubt for me would be Hendo in for White, but Hendo may have had and missed his chance.

Still love to see Haring in for Halliday but that's one of those you just can't say without knowing Big Petes status etc.

I agree. Side is more what I reckon RN might go for rather than the one I would personally pick.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I was exaggerating to big up Boyce v Nandos. Loving the big guy so far 👍. Would like to see the two of them up front together but unsure if RN will go for it.

Don't think many teams would enjoy defending against the two of them.

Guess is we might see it once he's happy with his midfield. Possible we'd sacrifice an out and out winger and go with the old JJ formation. (3 CMs and a winger) to do it.

We will go right at them from the start. Boyce and the big man net to make it 2-0 at HT, GMS scores and the 2 new arrivals come on around the hour mark then the big man scores again to make it 4. 

3 hours ago, King prawn said:

They’ve only conceded 3 goals at home so far and haven’t lost yet. They haven’t faced Hearts yet, though :jjyay:

just like dunfermline had not lost away until last week.

robbie you know what to do

:jjyay:

Hoping for a Raith away performance,  but still not confident given our consistency.  New boys will hopefully create a greater sense competition and a need to perform in every game for the usual suspects.     I think the 2 new guys will come off the bench personally - probably last 30 mins or so but hoping Gnando is fit enough for a start.   Would love to see Haring make a start too - he badly needs game time.      Looking forward to seeing them though.      A predict a tight game but going to go for 0 - 2.    

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Gordon

Smith 

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Irving

Halliday

GMS

Walker

White

Boyce

Totally agree with that starting 11 👍.  3 newbies to come off the bench and Naisy to sit this one out. 

52 minutes ago, Barack said:

Ayr P Heart of Midlothian P.

Met office forecast looks OK other than the yellow snow warning for the whole country

1714948636_Screenshot2021-02-04at10_25_31.thumb.png.505834d744563b9c216ad1a67285ac38.png

We should be pumping Seton Sands United of the West 7-Zip easy!

Tear em a new one Hearts!

Edited by Pans Jambo

19 minutes ago, kila said:

Met office forecast looks OK other than the yellow snow warning for the whole country

1714948636_Screenshot2021-02-04at10_25_31.thumb.png.505834d744563b9c216ad1a67285ac38.png

"Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat the yellow snow" (F Zappa)

If it's on the the conditions will likely be crap, I'll go for a 2-1 Hearts

They are more suited to the pitch and conditions there than us. 

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Irving

Halliday

Kasteneer

Walker

White

Gnanduillet

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Crap ground, awful pitch - if we score early we will win at a cantor. 

That's the secret- fast start, early goal, teams have to open up,which gives us room to play,and our quality will destroy them

Early goal 0-3.

otherwise 0-1 nail biter.

Hope Gnand is able to start soon, if not Friday.  Boyce has had to do everything all season, he instantly looked more dangerous when he had Armand alongside v Dunf.

P.s. Get Kastaneer in straight away in place of Henderson

Edited by Dia Liom

You can hear McCulloch shouting the names on the training video. Orange bibs...Popescu, Kingsley, Irving, Walker, GMS, Hendo. So...

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Halliday

Irving

Henderson

Walker

GMS

Boyce

Subs: McEneff, Kastaneer and Gnanduillet.

2-1 Hearts.

cynic in me says:

RN picks a lop sided unexpected lineup.

with naismith starting.

we go 1-0 down after a lacklustre 37 minutes.

but we come back to win 2-1. kingsley free kick and walker on a sub with our goals.

My heart says a trouncing 5-0 win with goals shared between Gnando, Boyce , GMS and Kastaneer