Mathematically calculating when we wrap up the league

Restonbabe

Ex member of the SaS
On 31/03/2021 at 14:27, Restonbabe said:

**** me. 

The doormongering on this thread is embarrassing. 

Yes we lost two league games in a row.  Yes the performances of late have been nothing short of disgraceful. 

However in football your only as good as your last performance. All hearts have to do is turn on the style and destroy a team 5-0 and it will be rectified. 

the players and fans need a confidence boost. Only way to do this is turn up and perform. 

Is there a crisis at the club at the moment? No I don't think so. The fans deserve better. Some fans have delusions of grandeur. 

Fwiw I believe Robbie isn't the man to take us forwards. He was a safe option to get us out of the league at the time. The performances under his stewardship hasn't been good enough for this football club. Robbie more than anyone will know this. 

It's another catastrophic lesson for Ann budge in the runnings of a football club (not department) 

Time is also up for her also. 

Just think...... Surley it can't get any worse. Can it? 

You never know a nil nil with Dunfermline might be just that..... Oh wait!

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• davemclaren

• Smith's right boot

• Hagar the Horrible

Restonbabe

4 points required........

Hearts are absolutely hopeless 

Could I dare say,  Hearts to h1b5 it.

I see nothing to the contrary.. Absolute Embarrassment.. 

Dougie Masterton

4 draws to get over the line #neilsonout

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

4 points required........

Hearts are absolutely hopeless 

Mathematically 5 points. The goal difference is better but actually if Raith were to win all their remaining games and we were to only pick up 4 points, it wouldn't actually take crazy scores to swing the goal difference to.

That said, I still expect us to win the league as I don't expect Raith or Dundee to win all remaining games.

Can no longer win the league at home to Alloa. Could win it the next day, but only if Raith drop points at home to Arbroath. Dundee would also have to drop points this Tuesday away to Ayr or home to Morton on the Saturday.

More likely dates to win the league now look like Tuesday 13th when we don't play but Dundee are away to Dunfermline and Raith away to Queen of the South. Or Saturday 17th when we're away to Morton (and Raith play Alloa, Dundee play ICT).

Final thing to say mathematically from today is Dunfermline can't catch us now so lowest possible finish is third. Good times.

jambopilms

This season was meant to bring back a bit of swagger and confidence. We will go up in a worse state than we came down.

N Lincs Jambo

Don’t think we’ll totally H1b5 it but looking at the remaining fixtures for us, Raith and Dundee, unless we start actually winning games I can see the winning margin only being a point or two. Fortunately Raith still have to play Dundee.

asjambo
50 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Mathematically 5 points. The goal difference is better but actually if Raith were to win all their remaining games and we were to only pick up 4 points, it wouldn't actually take crazy scores to swing the goal difference to.

That said, I still expect us to win the league as I don't expect Raith or Dundee to win all remaining games.

Can no longer win the league at home to Alloa. Could win it the next day, but only if Raith drop points at home to Arbroath. Dundee would also have to drop points this Tuesday away to Ayr or home to Morton on the Saturday.

More likely dates to win the league now look like Tuesday 13th when we don't play but Dundee are away to Dunfermline and Raith away to Queen of the South. Or Saturday 17th when we're away to Morton (and Raith play Alloa, Dundee play ICT).

Final thing to say mathematically from today is Dunfermline can't catch us now so lowest possible finish is third. Good times.

Morton game on 17th will have to be rearranged as they will be involved in next round of Scottish cup that weekend. 

Saint Jambo
2 minutes ago, asjambo said:

Morton game on 17th will have to be rearranged as they will be involved in next round of Scottish cup that weekend. 

Good point. I guess same true of the Dundee ICT game. With Raith away to Alloa still possible we could win it that day if that is the first time they drop points but far less likely.

I would think it would make sense to bring the Morton game forward to Tuesday 13th as if they win on the 17th the next round is a week after so another fixture to rearrange.

Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

This season was meant to bring back a bit of swagger and confidence. We will go up in a worse state than we came down.

No we won't.

Mikey1874

Dunfermline need a couple of results to be safe from relegation play off.

wavydavy
1 hour ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Don’t think we’ll totally H1b5 it but looking at the remaining fixtures for us, Raith and Dundee, unless we start actually winning games I can see the winning margin only being a point or two. Fortunately Raith still have to play Dundee.

Lets face it though we are giving it a good ****ing go.

BarneyBattles

Should change the title to ‘mathematically, when will we hibs the league’. 

Awbdy Oot

The league is as good as over, none of the other teams will catch us 

It’s over, it has been for a good while now.

The two main points of embarrassment are that it should have been ‘done and dusted’ several weeks ago and, it’s now going to be a ridiculously small points difference between us, and the second placed team.

It should never have come to this, but it’s Hearts, and, more significantly and poignantly, it’s ‘Neilson's Hearts’.

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Lets face it though we are giving it a good ****ing go.

Believe me I am facing it. We’ll likely do it by 1-4 points whereas it should have been 20 plus.

One five
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

The two main points of embarrassment are that it should have been ‘done and dusted’ several weeks ago and, it’s now going to be a ridiculously small points difference between us, and the second placed team.

It should never have come to this, but it’s Hearts, and, more significantly and poignantly, it’s ‘Neilson's Hearts’.

Yip about sums it up.

Thomaso
4 hours ago, jambopilms said:

And that should be the final nail in Neilson’s coffin!

Thomaso
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I wished I shared your confidence that it’s “over”! 

2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

April.22

What’s happening that day?

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

The league is as good as over, none of the other teams will catch us 

You should start a thread asking who will catch us then. 

Awbdy Oot
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You should start a thread asking who will catch us then. 

Why? That would be pointless and attention seeking. ©you

Restonbabe

Beat alloa on Friday night. 

And all we need to do is wait....... 

Still not celebrating 

theshed
6 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Still not celebrating 

If they sit in and we can’t break them down ( every chance) and draw 0-0 then I think we could be in bother. 

Morton away I could see another 0-0

inverness and Raith would beat us if they played like I seen them during the week 

Yes I know we have a healthy lead but Dundee and Raith muse smell blood 

We cant win it on fri night. The Morton game will no longer be on the sat as they will be playing in the cup that day so likelihood is we will win it when not playing due to other teams dropping points- big anti climax- just like the whole season really.

16 hours ago, jambopilms said:

The fan club will be along soon to remind you that Robbie "the messiah" Neilson is a stick on to have us 2nd in the Premiership.

When in actual fact the only thing that's any better about the club than last season is that we now employ a goalkeeper. Oh, and the fact you can now have your dinner on the concourse obviously. How could I forget that.

Thomaso
1 hour ago, bigdav said:

We cant win it on fri night. The Morton game will no longer be on the sat as they will be playing in the cup that day so likelihood is we will win it when not playing due to other teams dropping points- big anti climax- just like the whole season really.

Big anti climax? I’ll take that over a 1986 disaster right now!

10 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Got you!  👍

Robbo-Jambo
19 hours ago, Morgan said:

Yip, that kind of sums it up tbh. 

Getting the feeling that if we don't beat Alloa on Friday we will struggle to win the league .   (And I'm an optimist...)

8 minutes ago, RENE said:

Getting the feeling that if we don't beat Alloa on Friday we will struggle to win the league .   (And I'm an optimist...)

The alarm bells will be deafening if we fail to beat Alloa on Friday.  Keep Craig Gordon wrapped in cotton wool and we should manage it though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, RENE said:

The league is done. No-one will catch us.

It would be fitting, though, if it was sealed by something like a defeat to Alloa. Would

sum up the absolute mess who is masquerading as our manager.

I'm actually getting 'butterflys' in my stomach just thinking about the Alloa game already ! What the hell am I going to be like on Friday ?!

Absolutely ridiculous ! 😖

21 hours ago, Morgan said:

And it was ‘Neilson’s Hearts’ that horsed it 6 years ago.  From the win at Ibrox on the first day to the middle of March via a 10-0.

Something’s gone far, far wrong.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

And it was ‘Neilson’s Hearts’ that horsed it 6 years ago.  From the win at Ibrox on the first day to the middle of March via a 10-0.

And the team for the opening game of the season.

Alexander (Gallacher),

McGhee (McKay) Ozturk Wilson McHattie,

King Bauben Gomis Nicholson,

Sow Carrick (Holt)

Unused subs: L Smith, D Smith, Oliver, Keatings.

Certainly a lot more pace and energy in that lineup.

Rangers side

Bell.

Foster McCulloch Zaliukas Wallace.

Law Black MacLeod Templeton.

Miller Boyd

Edited by Footballfirst
2 hours ago, bairdy said:

I'm actually getting 'butterflys' in my stomach just thinking about the Alloa game already ! What the hell am I going to be like on Friday ?!

Absolutely ridiculous ! 😖

Could you ever have imagined posting a statement like this ever?

Kiwidoug
11 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Still not celebrating 

That's developed into an absolutely massive fixture.  Two evenly matched sides.  You could throw a blanket over them.  Toss of the coin who comes out on top.

I'm going 2-2.

logopolis
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

The first time RN took over he inherited a Premership squad ( we were relegated on the points deduction ).

This time around he has  a  Championship squad that was in need of a  a complete overhaul. 

JimmyCant
38 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

And the team for the opening game of the season.

Alexander (Gallacher),

McGhee (McKay) Ozturk Wilson McHattie,

King Bauben Gomis Nicholson,

Sow Carrick (Holt)

Unused subs: L Smith, D Smith, Oliver, Keatings.

Certainly a lot more pace and energy in that lineup.

Rangers side

Bell.

Foster McCulloch Zaliukas Wallace.

Law Black MacLeod Templeton.

Miller Boyd

Christ how many of that team and subs did Neilson and Cathro ship out between them Just about all of them in an 10 month period That team would humiliate the current team. It marks the last season it was worthwhile having an academy.

Edited by JimmyCant
colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Christ how many of that team and subs did Neilson and Cathro ship out between them Just about all of them in an 10 month period That team would humiliate the current team. It marks the last season it was worthwhile having an academy.

Don't forget Paterson Robinson and Walker also were in that squad from academy. But mr Levein said the academy wasn't good enough. 

colinmorewasgash

A good coach would have tried to make some off them even better obviously all wouldn't make it but too just punt them all for journeymen seems to be what the plan was and is and it hasn't changed.

Thomaso
1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Don't forget Paterson Robinson and Walker also were in that squad from academy. But mr Levein said the academy wasn't good enough. 

The last sanctuary for the Levein fanboys on here

“He did a fantastic job with the Academy!”

🙄