• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

I do not understand the people who want to see him fail, as by any measure he was a total success in his first stint. I am not going to say that I love his style of play though... far too pedestrian, who ever as with all people new styles will prevail. I am 100% behind him and would say the same for any manager of Hearts that is putting out a team that is showing something. Before I get the what about CL well I was behind him to start out but after the first season his teams were indeed showing something ... shite football and more importantly not winning!

19 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I ****ing love Robbie. We have a group of fans wanting him to fail for some weird reason.

There was a group who didn’t like him as a player too. I think that it’s just a continuation of that.

I liked him as a player & like him as a manager. Still want to see better more exciting football but you can’t deny his results. 

Just now, allystrachan said:

There was a group who didn’t like him as a player too. I think that it’s just a continuation of that.

I liked him as a player & like him as a manager. Still want to see better more exciting football but you can’t deny his results. 

I always admired him for his effort and making the best of the ability he had. You knew what you were getting with him.

Why any hearts fan would want a hearts manager to fail is beyond me.

Until we are regularly 4th or above in the Premier league and in Europe every season, and as long as results and progress is seen, I don't care about playing like Barcelona. I'll only be concerned if results don't come and progress stops.

BRAVEHEART1874

Much better passing and quicker getting shots hit. Far less of the tippy tappy needless passes around the box. Credit to the manager for sorting this, now the  league looking good and positivity for the cup final ;)

Tell you what though, we win next week and RN will actually be an official HMFC legend. The genuine article, it would be remarkable.

Lose the league and dole queue regardless of the cup.

Arthur Morgan
41 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

McLaughlin thinking that Cummings header was going over the bar.

It was Alexander, and yes it was a shocker imo.

14 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Interested in Jamtarts98 ans Hashimoto's opinions about today's wonderful performance.  It was pretty good eh?

It was very good that cannot be denied, that's fact. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Wish folk would get off Robbie back. Great performance today.   Could easily have been eight or nine.

Edited by Deevers

9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Wish folk would get off Robbie back. Great performance today.   Could easily have been eight or nine.

Indeed it would have been eight at least had we not missed two open goals.

Not much to complain about today. Well played Robbie and team.

Fxxx the SPFL
31 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

It was Alexander, and yes it was a shocker imo.

i was in section p and the wind caught the ball it certainly looked from were i was standing that it was going over and just dipped at the last minute

23 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Oh come on, its the only thing that makes JKB interesting. 

More numbskulls I say.

54 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Interested in Jamtarts98 ans Hashimoto's opinions about today's wonderful performance.  It was pretty good eh?

Excellent today. Great finishing but the movement was superb also.

8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm sure I read on this thread that Robbie was a one trick wonder and Stevie Crawford had his number. 

😊

It would be interesting to see which poster said that.

best in the land

Robbie gets credit for today,was a far better performance and should be how we should be playing against teams with far fewer resources than we have.

Hopefully turns it round and win next week to lift the cup.

But still has to take blame and stick for the performances in other games this season so far which have generally been terrible, and signing garbage like frear,popescu,roberts and still not convinced by halliday.

Also sticking by my opinion that I'd like to have seen stendal given the chance.

Just my opinion though which everyone is entitled to.

Weakened Offender
9 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Robbie gets credit for today,was a far better performance and should be how we should be playing against teams with far fewer resources than we have.

But still has to take blame and stick for the performances in other games this season so far which have generally been terrible, and signing garbage like frear,popescu,roberts and still not convinced by halliday.

Also sticking by my opinion that I'd like to have seen stendal given the chance.

Chin up. 😊

best in the land
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Chin up. 😊

No need, delighted we won today. That's all I want and all that any hearts supporter wants,us to be winning games and be back where we should be challenging for trophies, actually no,WINNING trophies.

I'll also be beyond delighted if we win next week.

Shame some idiots are more interested in having digs at hearts fans for wanting better than defeats from alloa and dunfermline.

As I said I'm entitled to my opinion 

Weakened Offender
6 minutes ago, best in the land said:

No need, delighted we won today. That's all I want and all that any hearts supporter wants,us to be winning games and be back where we should be challenging for trophies, actually no,WINNING trophies.

I'll also be beyond delighted if we win next week.

Shame some idiots are more interested in having digs at hearts fans for wanting better than defeats from alloa and dunfermline.

As I said I'm entitled to my opinion 

You're not coming across too delighted. Just my opinion. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

best in the land
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

You're not coming across to delighted. Just my opinion 

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀👍👍👍👍👍👍 is that better?

Not that I care what people like you think.

Been watching hearts since 83 and been to 3 cup wins, 98 the best day as a hearts fan.

Sick of tubes that take more delight in goading other hearts fans rather than just enjoying the win. Says a lot about them.

If you want to do that go to .net and fill yer boots!

36 minutes ago, best in the land said:

We’ve scored 17 goals in four home games. That’s the second time we’ve put six past the opposition. We’re top of the league. We’re in the Scottish Cup final. What exactly is he meant to be turning around? 

41 minutes ago, best in the land said:

We couldn't afford to gamble with Stendal.

Stendal and Levein had got us to the bottom of the league between them. 

I don't see the point in going over old ground tbh.

best in the land
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

We’ve scored 17 goals in four home games. That’s the second time we’ve put six past the opposition. We’re top of the league. We’re in the Scottish Cup final. What exactly is he meant to be turning around? 

Most of the games we've been really poor considering who were playing, so performances in general.

Today was a far better performance apart from switching off at the goal we lost, but need more consistency.

Hopefully in January we  can add a couple of players of the standard of Kingsley and ginnelly rather than frear, popescu or Roberts who are brutal in my opinion.

Need to be ready for a tougher league next year.

2014 after 7 games: 22 goals scored, 4 conceded, 19 points, knocked out the league cup. 

2020 after 7 games: 21 goals scored, 6 conceded, 18 points, knocked out the league cup. 

Aye, massive regression. Total shite. Get rid. 

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

2014 after 7 games: 22 goals scored, 4 conceded, 19 points, knocked out the league cup. 

2020 after 7 games: 21 goals scored, 6 conceded, 18 points, knocked out the league cup. 

Aye, massive regression. Total shite. Get rid. 

:D

2 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Most of the games we've been really poor considering who were playing, so performances in general.

Today was a far better performance apart from switching off at the goal we lost, but need more consistency.

Hopefully in January we  can add a couple of players of the standard of Kingsley and ginnelly rather than frear, popescu or Roberts who are brutal in my opinion.

We’ve been really poor but scored 17 goals and knocked the wee team out the Scottish Cup (again) ? I would imagine relegation and Covid will have impacted the transfer business. We’ve done exceptionally well to get Gordon, Kingsley, Ginnelly and to a lesser extent Halliday in. Obviously we can’t afford to sign all players of that calibre!

best in the land
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We couldn't afford to gamble with Stendal.

Stendal and Levein had got us to the bottom of the league between them. 

I don't see the point in going over old ground tbh.

Any manager is a gamble as was neilson, I wasnt keen on his style first time round and felt stendal would play more attacking and exciting football once he got a proper chance which he didn't.

2 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Has given the club 100% every game as player and manager. Cant ask for more than that. 

Weakened Offender
10 minutes ago, best in the land said:

What performances, Alloa and Dunfermline apart, have genuinely been really poor? 

Edited by Weakened Offender

best in the land
3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

What performances, Alloa and Dunfermline apart, have been really poor? 

Pretty much all apart from today, hibs and Dundee.

11 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

If you say anything contrary to the "tunnel visioned" ideas of some on here instantly has you branded as Hibz.

Bloody hell......At this rate Hibs will have more plants than the KGB and MI5 combined!

Seems that we should just agree with their lop sided views to be a "true" Hearts man....

Aye, attack is the best form of defence.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
10 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

The only difference is that 2020 Dunfermline are probably a better side than 2014 Rangers or Hibs. 

they lost at home to Morton today.  

2 hours ago, Deid Heid said:

Tell you what though, we win next week and RN will actually be an official HMFC legend. The genuine article, it would be remarkable.

Lose the league and dole queue regardless of the cup.

If we win next week we could go on to be the first ever team to win 2 SCs in the same season.

5 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

they lost at home to Morton today.  

Rangers lost to QoS twice that season as well as losing to Hibs and Raith. 

Weakened Offender
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rangers lost to QoS twice that season as well as losing to Hibs and Raith. 

QoS were good that season. 

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm sure I read on this thread that Robbie was a one trick wonder and Stevie Crawford had his number. 

😊

I had a look and it was on a different thread but you are right, someone did say it. It looks like after Dunfermline beat us and Crawford is their head coach/manager....so I'm not sure what relevance that had regarding today? Can you expand?

Screenshot_20201212-212325_Chrome.jpg

Weakened Offender
17 minutes ago, JamTarts98 said:

I had a look and it was on a different thread but you are right, someone did say it. It looks like after Dunfermline beat us and Crawford is their head coach/manager....so I'm not sure what relevance that had regarding today? Can you expand?

Screenshot_20201212-212325_Chrome.jpg

Aaaawww. Check you going to all that trouble for me just to ignore you now. 😁

I'm just sitting here wondering if we indeed were to win the cup next weekend, Would that make Neilson the first man in our history to win the cup as both a player and a manager? If so that would give him  legendary status Imo.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )