Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The result  mattered in the way that it was - 

Embarrassing. 

Knocked us out the cup. 

The former has happened a handful of times, the latter - lots of times. 

You can either get behind the team, have a bit positivity or continue to be " shocked". Neither will change what happened  or is  sweeping it under the carpet, it is simply moving forward. 

I wouldn’t even respond if people stopped trying to pass it off as nothing !! like you’ve tried to do again. 

it doesn’t happen a lot, it’s never happened in our history! Worse than that never in the history of Scottish football has a top tier team , Been knocked out by a highland league team!! A highland league team who were unable to play or train. 

That is not an opinion, it’s a a stone cold irrefutable fact !!

I’ll get behind the team as I always do, I’ll call it as I see it and give credit where it’s due.  I won’t however attempt to airbrush or revise history or attempt to play down results or performances. 

I hope Neilson proves me wrong. But he won’t 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Clerry Jambo
37 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We cannot and will not move forward under neilson and budge. Mediocrity at best.

Thats not good enough given the extra funds we give the club. We deserve better.

Unfortunately correct

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Stop going on about wanting Robbie out then and get behind the team. 

I know, what am I like! 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Boab said:

I can think for myself, thanks very much. 
Being bounced out the Big Cup by a Non League team, who hadn’t kicked a ball in two and a half months, is worse than 6-2 from Hibs.

I don’t need to join a pack to think this.

I'd agree, but the 7-0  at home.... 

Quality debate this, what's  worse 

😭😭😭

jamtartan74
31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I wouldn’t even respond if people stopped trying to pass it off as nothing !! like you’ve tried to do again. 

it doesn’t happen a lot, it’s never happened in our history! Worse than that never in the history of Scottish football has a top tier team , Been knocked out by a highland league team!! A highland league team who were unable to play or train. 

I’ll get behind the team as I always do, I’ll call it as I see it and give credit where it’s due.  I won’t however attempt to airbrush or revise history or attempt to play down results or performances. 

We were not a top tier team when we got beat by them, not arguing the disaster of the result but facts are facts. 

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We weren't a top teir team. 

We all were disgusted / shocked by the result. 

No need to try and out do each other in the shock stakes. 

Hashimoto
13 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

We were not a top tier team when we got beat by them, not arguing the disaster of the result but facts are facts. 

And being pedantic is.....Well, being pedantic!

Hearts ARE a top tier team in terms of budget, facilities, players...actually better than anyone else outside the OF...Them's are the facts!

I'll never try and sugarcoat the worse defeat in Hearts history no matter how many on here (yourself excluded) try to play it down. 

jamtartan74
11 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

And being pedantic is.....Well, being pedantic!

Hearts ARE a top tier team in terms of budget, facilities, players...actually better than anyone else outside the OF...Them's are the facts!

I'll never try and sugarcoat the worse defeat in Hearts history no matter how many on here (yourself excluded) try to play it down. 

Pedantic or not thems the facts buddy. No sugarcoating here, it most certainly was the worst result in our history 👍🏻

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd agree, but the 7-0  at home.... 

Quality debate this, what's  worse 

😭😭😭

The 0-7 game was a result that will always be used as one of the worst results for Hearts but to try and compare the early 70’s Hibs team with a Highland team who hadn’t played in months is, frankly, nonsense. Trolling even.

Ridiculous to compare tbh.

Chuck Berry
On 06/05/2021 at 01:03, CloustonHMFC said:

I must've missed the part where Neilson had us anywhere near the bottom of the table last time in charge. Can you post the league table from that season? 

Woooosh, you've missed my point completely, which was that a large section of the support were unhappy with Neilson regardless of league position. Sound familiar?

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

ok - still operating the 4th biggest wage bill in the country.

But that aside - has a team as high as the championship ever lost to a highland league team? I think you will find the answer is no.. 

facts are facts 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We weren't a top teir team. 

We all were disgusted / shocked by the result. 

No need to try and out do each other in the shock stakes. 

no one is trying to out do one another. But some people seem keen that we simply don’t consider it when assessing Robbie Neilsons performance as manager. 

siegementality
10 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I see the pack mentality on this thread is in full swing again, rounding on anyone who dares to oppose the prevailing view on here.

PS For those who were actually around at the time, the 7-0 was much worse than Brora

The pack mentality of arguing your case against a poster who constantly spams the board with contrary opinion to the majority of others in an effort seek attention?

Is pack mentality when the majority of people share the same opinion, and express that opinion to a very small number of people. Is that pack mentality?

Is it pack mentality using straight talking language to make your point? To counter complete nonsense like made up future hammering’s at home to Hib’s to somehow make a defeat to Brora Rangers seem insignificant.

Sometimes people just need told. Get over it.

Edited by siegementality

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

But that aside - has a team as high as the championship ever lost to a highland league team? I think you will find the answer is no.. 

facts are facts 

Couldn’t answer that, not going to look either, but you are correct facts are facts which I was correcting your wrong claim of being a top tier team as a fact, happy to help 👍🏻 have a nice Friday 😁

siegementality
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

no one is trying to out do one another. But some people seem keen that we simply don’t consider it when assessing Robbie Neilsons performance as manager. 

And others want to try to bury that defeat altogether.  Not happening. Neilson’s CV will always have shocking cup exits to Birkirkara, Alloa and Brora Rangers on it. No amount of deflection from others will change that.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Couldn’t answer that, not going to look either, but you are correct facts are facts which I was correcting your wrong claim of being a top tier team as a fact, happy to help 👍🏻 have a nice Friday 😁

no argument here mate although I always consider hearts a top tier team regardless of league position.  

though if the performance of the last 5 years last for much longer that won’t be a credible position.

Gordon Ramsay
14 hours ago, Boab said:

I’m afraid mentioning this crazy weird season, as you call it, will backfire on you, mate.

It was because of the pandemic that Brora hadn’t played a game for two months... and still turned up and beat us !

It is worse, mate, it really is !

Ah the crazy weird season where we trained far longer than any other club in our league and had resources that far outweighed anyone we have played against bar the cup games against Hibs and Celtic. 

Embarrassing excuse. 

Losing to Brora is much, much worse than getting gubbed off Hibs. Sure the Hibs result may hurt more but there is no question Brora is worse. 

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

facts are facts 

1985 – Inverness Thistle 3 Kilmarnock 0

This defeat by Highland League opposition is regarded as the worst in Kilmarnock’s history.

The Jags totally dominated and earned victory through goals from Dave Milroy, Gordon Hay and Brian Fraser.

siegementality
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We have move forward tho-  just this season and we moved forward last time with him. 

The evidence suggests we will move forward and improve under him. 

What evidence is this? He’s been knocking about the lower leagues since he left first time around and, I may add, did nothing of any real note during that time.

Neilson had MK Dons in free fall and just above the relegation spot when he left. He’s won two pishy Championships with the overwhelming favourites both times, and did so in a manner that Dundee Utd fans were glad to see the back of him, and the majority of Hearts fans want rid of him.

In his time back with us he’s made some awful signings, played terrible football, been emptied out the League Cup by Alloa, and the Scottish Cup by Brora Rangers. Players have regressed under him, despite playing in a lower league. Young players are not being developed and indeed Harry Cochran’s and Andy Irving have declined to sign new contracts. We’ll not even bother with the excuses for pish poor performances, too many for a start.

The majority of Hearts fans want Neilson gone. The vast majority have looked at the future and don’t want to move forward under him. He’s lost the support and he’s not getting it back.

Now, remind me of the evidence that we will improve under him.

Niemi’s gloves
19 minutes ago, siegementality said:

The pack mentality of arguing your case against a poster who constantly spams the board with contrary opinion to the majority of others in an effort seek attention?

Is pack mentality when the majority of people share the same opinion, and express that opinion to a very small number of people. Is that pack mentality?

Is it pack mentality using straight talking language to make your point? To counter complete nonsense like made up future hammering’s at home to Hib’s to somehow make a defeat to Brora Rangers seem insignificant.

Sometimes people just need told. Get over it.

Do you not see the irony of finishing your post with “get over it”?

jamtartan74
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no argument here mate although I always consider hearts a top tier team regardless of league position.  

though if the performance of the last 5 years last for much longer that won’t be a credible position.

We can agree on that one 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The trouble is we're stuck with the same manager who got us that result - it's hard to get over it when he's likely to **** up next season too. Neilson is not making himself likeable among the fans going by his digs and remarks. If a growing number of us don't respect him, will all the players? Maybe that's why he's going to sign a pile of new faces.

He's lost a lot of the support going by polls on here and social media. Whether you take that as a representation of the overall Hearts support is up to you, but he's clearly on thin ice and a poor start to next season will end him... unless crowds still aren't allowed of course.

Niemi’s gloves
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

1985 – Inverness Thistle 3 Kilmarnock 0

This defeat by Highland League opposition is regarded as the worst in Kilmarnock’s history.

The Jags totally dominated and earned victory through goals from Dave Milroy, Gordon Hay and Brian Fraser.

Thanks for that. So much for Kingantti’s “facts are facts”.

17 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

How did you cope when we lost 6-2 to Hibs under JJ, a much worse and much more embarrassing result? Could you watch him on TV?

There's literally nothing worse than getting humped by your local rivals. FFS, most HIbs fans still go on about another humping we got off them they weren't even alive to see. (Luckily we still have the king of derby results that tops the lot.)

Well I coped quite well, felt disappointed and gutted for a few days however, I knew we would get our revenge afterall it's Hibs and we have reamed them on numerous occasions since then. The Brora result was a totally different can of worms, losing to a team in an lower  league akin to junior level, and also they had not played in months, is a utter embarrassment and I have still not got over it. That result will live with us for a long time and to kid yourself otherwise is delusional.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, micole said:

Well I coped quite well, felt disappointed and gutted for a few days however, I knew we would get our revenge afterall it's Hibs and we have reamed them on numerous occasions since then. The Brora result was a totally different can of worms, losing to a team in an lower  league akin to junior level, and also they had not played in months, is a utter embarrassment and I have still not got over it. That result will live with us for a long time and to kid yourself otherwise is delusional.

:greatpost:

Gordon Ramsay
17 minutes ago, micole said:

Nailed it. 

siegementality
28 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

No, the sentence before that tells you what needs to happen.

heartandsoul
10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Yes that day was bad and thank god I went back to London and escaped the slagging from every non Hearts fan that Jambos met. But the 4-1 game at Tynie was fantastic at the start of the new season with Aird, Busby, Stevenson & Ford giving us some pride back.I know JS never scored but he was my man of the match.

Brora is not a team that should be on Hearts radar or planet for that matter and to get knocked out of a Scottish Cup by them should be instant dismissal for the owner and management of Heart of Midlothian FC. Now if you disagree with that I really feel sorry for you. Hearts supporters deserve better than that and it should never of been allowed to happen.

Excellent post

Ron Burgundy

Dafty Bob will have us emptied early doors in the cups and if he has his way and other teams underperform scrape 6th and declare all targets met. What a time to be a Hearts fan.

kingantti1874
50 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Thanks for that. So much for Kingantti’s “facts are facts”.

😂 so I missed one but fair play it was well found. What a club to be in ? I’m  so glad what an achievement being compared to a skint first division Kilmarnock team from 1985 - plaudits to Bob for that one- he can put it on his CV 😂😂

Brora result was still worse - and that is a fact 👍🏻

Edited by kingantti1874

Niemi’s gloves
28 minutes ago, siegementality said:

No, the sentence before that tells you what needs to happen.

Ah, I get it! Other people have to “get over it” - regardless of what “it” is - but you reserve the right to be different

18 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Dafty Bob will have us emptied early doors in the cups and if he has his way and other teams underperform scrape 6th and declare all targets met. What a time to be a Hearts fan.

This is where I hear the Opinions letting Robbie prove he can perform next season. 
He will be in charge, that’s a fact. My only wish is that every wee blip isn’t lambasted as a disaster. 
We have to wait and see, like it or not.

Niemi’s gloves
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 so I missed one but fair play it was well found. What a club to be in ? I’m  so glad what an achievement being compared to a skint first division Kilmarnock team from 1985 - plaudits to Bob for that one- he can put it on his CV 😂😂

Brora result was still worse - and that is a fact 👍🏻

Kilmarnock were at a low ebb in 1985 but they were still a relatively big team, with probably the largest support outside the four main cities. It was their misfortune that their low ebb co-incided with start of the David Murray era at Rangers (followed by the Fergus McCann era at Celtic) which saw the support sucked out of clubs in West Central Scotland, with Killie one of the biggest losers as many were attracted by the apparent glamour on offer at Ibrox and Parkhead..

34 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Very depressing. Particularly as we're generally fit and ready to go. 

Sadly, it can't happen. We are hamstrung by an owner who's decision making is costing us a fortune and a limited coach who, like Levein, is terrified a game of football might break out.

Bland, tasteless, beige, safe, mediocre, average...that's our immediate future until the necessary changes are made.

+

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, kila said:

The trouble is we're stuck with the same manager who got us that result - it's hard to get over it when he's likely to **** up next season too. Neilson is not making himself likeable among the fans going by his digs and remarks. If a growing number of us don't respect him, will all the players? Maybe that's why he's going to sign a pile of new faces.

He's lost a lot of the support going by polls on here and social media. Whether you take that as a representation of the overall Hearts support is up to you, but he's clearly on thin ice and a poor start to next season will end him... unless crowds still aren't allowed of course.

I take on board everything you are saying although having been on the terracing both at Tynecastle on 1/1/73 and at Dens in 1986 (not to mention a host of lesser bad results), I reserve the right to my own opinion on what is the worst result in our history despite what some posters consider “fact”. 

My firmest belief is not about Robbie but rather the need to put an end to the massive turnover of managers and players that we have had in recent years. I understand why some people will say “yes, continuity is good but Neilson is not the right man”; but stability has to start somewhere. For what it’s worth I take encouragement from the closing games of last season, the return of John Souttar, and Peter Haring and GMS finding their form. It’s a start and Robbie is at least making the right noises about about fewer but better signings, the need for leaders on the park and reducing the age of the squad. 

So I’m moderately optimistic about next season and want, as always, to get behind the team. You are right that the start of next season is likely to be difficult in terms of fan response. I’d hope that the harshest critics will not abuse the team/individual players during games without very good reason. 

Ron Burgundy
24 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I take on board everything you are saying although having been on the terracing both at Tynecastle on 1/1/73 and at Dens in 1986 (not to mention a host of lesser bad results), I reserve the right to my own opinion on what is the worst result in our history despite what some posters consider “fact”. 

My firmest belief is not about Robbie but rather the need to put an end to the massive turnover of managers and players that we have had in recent years. I understand why some people will say “yes, continuity is good but Neilson is not the right man”; but stability has to start somewhere. For what it’s worth I take encouragement from the closing games of last season, the return of John Souttar, and Peter Haring and GMS finding their form. It’s a start and Robbie is at least making the right noises about about fewer but better signings, the need for leaders on the park and reducing the age of the squad. 

So I’m moderately optimistic about next season and want, as always, to get behind the team. You are right that the start of next season is likely to be difficult in terms of fan response. I’d hope that the harshest critics will not abuse the team/individual players during games without very good reason. 

I think that as long as Neilson is still in charge the players have nothing to fear. It's not their fault they are not up to standard.

Neilson has no hope of winning the fans over now. He's a busted flush and is on borrowed time. I have no doubt he will be gone at some point next season but again, that's another season down the pan with a shit load of cash.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Kilmarnock were at a low ebb in 1985 but they were still a relatively big team, with probably the largest support outside the four main cities. It was their misfortune that their low ebb co-incided with start of the David Murray era at Rangers (followed by the Fergus McCann era at Celtic) which saw the support sucked out of clubs in West Central Scotland, with Killie one of the biggest losers as many were attracted by the apparent glamour on offer at Ibrox and Parkhead..

Did they have a budget of £9m and did Inverness only have a week of training having played a handful of games?

siegementality

Ah, I get it! Other people have to “get over it” - regardless of what “it” is - but you reserve the right to be different

No, you obviously don’t “it”. My “it” is simply telling people the truth when they talk shite, especially when they consistently talk the same shite, and strangely enough never actually move their position one iota despite the majority of replies to their posts giving evidence contrary to their opinion.  Amazing that someone having a different opinion suddenly becomes a “pack mentality” when the same opinion is held by the majority.

My “it” isn’t about me thinking I’m right, or me being different (not that different because I’m in the majority). My “it” is getting to the point without the need to soft soap someone, especially someone so entrenched in their views (personally I think they are at it) they resort to making up fictitious situations in an attempt to deflect or disguise the truth.  

If you don’t like that, you’ll just need to get over it. Got “it” now?

Regardless of the good results to end the campaign I do still think he should go, but if he is in charge at the start of the season (lets be honest he will be) I’m more willing to see how the first few games go than I was a month ago. Finish top in the league cup group stages & a strong start to the league and the pressure will ease. Do I expect him to do it? Probably not no, but I’ll be delighted to be proven wrong.

kingantti1874

Please dont compare Kilmarnock to Hearts. 

NANOJAMBO
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Very depressing. Particularly as we're generally fit and ready to go. 

Sadly, it can't happen. We are hamstrung by an owner who's decision making is costing us a fortune and a limited coach who, like Levein, is terrified a game of football might break out.

Bland, tasteless, beige, safe, mediocre, average...that's our immediate future until the necessary changes are made.

+

This in bucket loads.

Neilson is the symptom, Budge is the problem. 

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did they have a budget of £9m and did Inverness only have a week of training having played a handful of games?

🤫  it wasn’t that bad 😂

I mean Brora rangers “total” wage bill is less than £3k per week (1/60th) of our own but I suppose that doesn’t tell the full story - I mean they are usually pushed on by their noisy support who average 142 per game so we should probably just accept it! 

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/team/1545/brora-rangers

(note: ally Macdonald is apparently worth £300m according to this. He must have made the difference 😆)

siegementality
2 hours ago, Boab said:

This is where I hear the Opinions letting Robbie prove he can perform next season. 
He will be in charge, that’s a fact. My only wish is that every wee blip isn’t lambasted as a disaster. 
We have to wait and see, like it or not.

What constitutes a “wee blip”? What “wee blips” are “wee blips” and not  a sign of something more serious? How many “wee blips” does it take before “wee blips” are treated like a disaster and we can rightly lambast?

We’ve had more than enough “wee blips” under Neilson’s tenure.

NANOJAMBO
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

What constitutes a “wee blip”? What “wee blips” are “wee blips” and not  a sign of something more serious? How many “wee blips” does it take before “wee blips” are treated like a disaster and we can rightly lambast?

We’ve had more than enough “wee blips” under Neilson’s tenure.

So many wee blips the players were in the media on a weekly basis apologizing for their abject performances. You can't get a better testimonial of Neilson's tenure than that. 

jambonian
11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

So many wee blips the players were in the media on a weekly basis apologizing for their abject performances. You can't get a better testimonial of Neilson's tenure than that. 

There will be a few more "blips" still to happen next season, of that i'm certain.

He's not going anywhere right now unfortunately and we can't do anything to change that so we just have to accept it. His signings will tell if he is wanting to go back to his favourite side-to-side containment, dull football or if he's learned that the system used in the last few games is more suitable to the squad we have, and add a few to play that system. If he does then we might have a "respectable" season. If he doesn't and he signs players to return to his favoured style then mid-bottom six is a possibility. Whether Ann thinks that's acceptable is on her.

Niemi’s gloves
35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Please dont compare Kilmarnock to Hearts. 

Actually I wasn’t - there is no mention of Hearts in my post. But if it makes you happy, I’ll try to make sure that the only clubs ever mentioned in the same post as Hearts are Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and the like. ☺️

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not convinced it's worse than getting beat 7-0 at home of hibs Tbh. 

For example, if it was ever a choice this season of getting beat of hibs 7-0 in the sf but we beat Brora, I'd take the reality of what happened every day of the week. Grim thought.

The Broro result is on par of when we got beat of Peterhead a few years ago, we were in the top flight and they were league 1.

Broro is still worse than that imo. 

Anyway, hibs aren't beating us 7-0 and Broro will be forgotten about when we win the cup again! 

The Brora defeat was (imo) much worse than the 0-7 Vermin game.

Much as it pains me ta say, that Hibs team of 1973 were actually pretty good.  Evidencing that as a comparison to a Highland League team who hadn’t kicked a ball for weeks is, quite simply ludicrous.

For added emphasis and point-scoring ( :lol: ) on my part, Brora knocked us out of the cup whereas Hibs only took 2 league points for their efforts.

Anyway, :fth: 

NANOJAMBO
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

There will be a few more "blips" still to happen next season, of that i'm certain.

He's not going anywhere right now unfortunately and we can't do anything to change that so we just have to accept it. His signings will tell if he is wanting to go back to his favourite side-to-side containment, dull football or if he's learned that the system used in the last few games is more suitable to the squad we have, and add a few to play that system. If he does then we might have a "respectable" season. If he doesn't and he signs players to return to his favoured style then mid-bottom six is a possibility. Whether Ann thinks that's acceptable is on her.

Quite honestly , I'm bored to death with Neilson : a guy who persevered with a system that was dire , wasn't getting the best out of the players who quite obviously weren't on board with it ( Craig Gordon's comments about his team mates confirm it for me, never mind the repeated personal mea culpas from the players every week). But now we're supposed to get on the happy train because Souttar & Haring are back & it's all rosy in the garden.  Neilson better pray those two guys stay injury free because without them he is ****ed. 

As for our Dear Leader : the sooner she is removed the better, she hasn't got a clue and now we're saddled with this clown shoes of a manger for another two years. She doesn't care about football, she never did and she abandoned football to Leveins incapable hands and watched him fail : make no mistake she knew he was failing.  But now we're stuck with her because she'll never relinquish control  until she gets her £3 million back. That's the priority.  As a football club we are an absolute joke. 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The Brora defeat was (imo) much worse than the 0-7 Vermin game.

There's no disputing that the Hibs team of 1973 was better than the Brora team of 2021. 

But I know which result I'd rather not have in the history books (the one from 48 years ago, to be clear). Cup shocks happen - people forget about them after a time. Record defeats to your city rivals are brought up for eternity. "Worse", imho.