Mafia - Pokemon

Shapes

1 minute ago, Boof said:

If the assassin has daytime hits and either of the PM two are roled surely it's to the assassin's advantage to take one of them out now?

Disclaimer - haven't actually read the info to see if we (a) have an assassin or (b) they can whack off one of the two in broad daylight.

Agree. It is a free hit for the assassin. Either take out a goon or mason. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AndyNic

• AlimOzturk

• Riddley Walker

• Rudi Skacel

Votes

Vlad 5

Alim 3

Rudi 2

Riddley 2

Gomis 1

Boof 1

Seats 1

Ian 1

Peaky 1

I'm going a wee evening stroll to big bad Govanhill to collect some beers. If Alex Cairney kidnaps me while I'm there then soz.

Just now, Shapes said:

They can hit in broad daylight

Sounds like a plan to me...but what do I know? :lol: 

I'd hold off on the lynch train just for a moment or two...

Assassin...over to you.

I can even pass across the Mafia Assassin account details but since you're meant to be a Pokemon or a Poke-player or whatever...

Don't PM me (in case you're one of the new players) - we'll conduct the transaction via Shapes.

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Good call re: the assassin. It's a win win for them surely?

I've been looking for a down-side but can't find one.

We'd still have the remainder of the 'day' to go goon-hunting and maybe even see if the votes for the assassinated player shed any light anywhere.

1 minute ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Or they could see it as a waste of a bullet on a player who will get taken out in a day or two anyway. 

Yeah thats what i thought.

1 minute ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Or they could see it as a waste of a bullet on a player who will get taken out in a day or two anyway. 

Fair point also. Why is this so difficult :lol:

Morgaro Gomis

:facepalm: why are folk still voting Vlad?

If you’re adamant lynching one of us is the right play - lynch me.

Riddley Walker
Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

Yep, I'm very confused as to why that's happening.

2 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Better than wasting a bullet on a townie, surely?

Not my decision to make so it's immaterial.

I think it would be town-friendly (as much as taking out a mason can be town-friendly :lol:) approach given that we can put this little sideshow to bed and focus on what's really important - finding goons.

1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

You voted to put me on 3. I was protecting myself. I would preferably vote you but you left me little choice. 

24 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Apologies that is correct.

If either Morgaro or myself makes it through to tomorrow the survivor will reveal the result of that investigation IF that investigation reveals a BAD player. 

Why wouldn't you tell us of a player to trust?

Morgaro Gomis

I realise I’ve caused this so can only apologise to the town as the goons are getting a free pass today.

I can also understand and back the doubt as why should you trust us?

Vote me if that’s the case. Not Vlad.

Tenaciousdandy

There is 3 opinions available 

1 we lynch either Morgaro or vlad to end any confusing meaning the cop can look elsewhere, we will also either have a mason we can trust or a second goon, I agree with Morgaro that it should be him if this is the route we go down

2 we do the usual random day 1 lynch and hope we don't lynch the cop or the doc but that still leaves uncertainty around Morgaro and vlad 

3 the assassin uses a kill and we find out instantly what side of the fence they sit on 

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Better than wasting a bullet on a townie, surely?

Not my decision to make so it's immaterial.

I think it would be town-friendly (as much as taking out a mason can be town-friendly :lol:) approach given that we can put this little sideshow to bed and focus on what's really important - finding goons.

Remember the assassin is out to win it for themselves this time around again so they won't mind who is taken out early doors?

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

You voted to put me on 3. I was protecting myself. I would preferably vote you but you left me little choice. 

Yeah your vote is understandable. I have to try and save Vlad where I can though. 

Morgaro Gomis

Unvote Alim

Clear to see that the town is edging to the lynching of Vlad/myself side of things. Somewhat understandably.

Removing my vote from Alim to try and help the votes move from Vlad to myself if that’s the way it’s playing out.

So, Vlad and Gomis are on a team.  Could be goons, could be masons. 

I'll be honest, im more concerned about those who seem desperate to get them lynched.

Wow it’s all taken a turn in here, just thought I would check in after the shit show of the footy.

I actually need to think clearly about this as I have a vote on Vlad, but that was before this revelation of claiming to be mason. So mason most likely or goon as a potential possibility. 🤔

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'll be honest, im more concerned about those who seem desperate to get them lynched.

Really?

Let's say for a moment they are masons. Third game in a row the mason team has been shite.

If I was a goon, I'd leave them alone tonight, thereby raising our suspicions further. If the assassin doesn't want to kill one now, I'm leaning towards a lynch.

Morgaro Gomis
2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Let's say for a moment they are masons. Third game in a row the mason team has been shite.

If I was a goon, I'd leave them alone tonight, thereby raising our suspicions further. If the assassin doesn't want to kill one now, I'm leaning towards a lynch.

In fairness, it’s not he mason team being shite. 

It’s very much a case of me, singularly, being shite 😂

Riddley Walker
4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

If they're goons then this comment ain't gonna age well for you, IMO.

Morgaro Gomis
Just now, Riddley Walker said:

If they're goons then this comment ain't gonna age well for you, IMO.

I’m sure he’ll be fine in that case.

3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Should add, I'm also leaning towards them being goons.

On the balance of probability, masons are more likely to be useless 🤣

Riddley Walker
Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

I’m sure he’ll be fine in that case.

I feel like you're protesting a touch too hard here. Folk have only got two options for you: mason or goon. I think if you were a mason you'd be stepping back a bit and realising that a lynch of you is the best option for the town to progress the game.

3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Really?

Really.

At best, we hit one goon tonight and one goon tomorrow.

Or we could delay it by a day and have the cop investigate one and know for sure.

If they are masons and we kill one today, the doc then has to protect the other, and if the goons are clever they'll take a free hit at the town on night 1 and then take the other mason on night 2.

If they are masons and we keep them alive, we give the goons a 50/50 tonight, and a a certain save the next night, meaning one of vlad/gomis survives until day 3 at the very least.  

Morgaro Gomis
Just now, Riddley Walker said:

I feel like you're protesting a touch too hard here. Folk have only got two options for you: mason or goon. I think if you were a mason you'd be stepping back a bit and realising that a lynch of you is the best option for the town to progress the game.

Feel what you like. You’re wrong. 

I disagree that lynching is the best, but I say that coming from a position of knowledge. I can understand why the town would feel like that’s a good move though. 

I’m also not trying to stop any lynch. I’m trying to stop Vlad get lynched. I have no issues with it being me. 

Once the lynch happens though, I’d be looking at who has been strongest in pushing it. That’s all I’m saying.

Morgaro Gomis

Really.

Or we could delay it by a day and have the cop investigate one and know for sure.

If they are masons and we kill one today, the doc then has to protect the other, and if the goons are clever they'll take a free hit at the town on night 1 and then take the other mason on night 2.

If they are masons and we keep them alive, we give the goons a 50/50 tonight, and a a certain save the next night, meaning one of vlad/gomis survives until day 3 at the very least.  

Great post. Whoever survives out of me and Vlad tonight will be dead tomorrow night as the goons will have a free shot. And you’re guaranteed to be 2 good guys down.

Just trying to look at every circumstance...

Could they be unroled? Doesn't look all that likely.

Could only one be roled? Doesn't look all that likely either.

How sure are we that they're roled - is the only evidence the so-called PM chat? Even if that's all - it is pretty damning.

Goddammit!! Why did this have to happen on the game where I'm trying to say not much...and I've got loads of time to say not much :lol: 

Riddley Walker

Really.

You've conveniently missed out the other option where if they're goons and we take random lynch, which could be the cop or the doc, then have the doc save a goon while the goons kill someone they like and the cop has to investigate one, which is a total waste.

We lynch one then we can reset and move forward with the night stuff with way more knowledge. Are we really going to take a random lynch punt instead?

1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Great post. Whoever survives out of me and Vlad tonight will be dead tomorrow night as the goons will have a free shot. And you’re guaranteed to be 2 good guys down.

Fundamentally, the cop should check you out tonight.  We are then either guaranteed two dead goons by day 4, or at least 1 of both of you alive as masons on day 3.

Fundamentally, the cop should check you out tonight.  We are then either guaranteed two dead goons by day 4, or at least 1 of both of you alive as masons on day 3.

Absoloutly not. We already know they are either goons or masons. The cop should direct their investigation elsewhere. 

Morgaro Gomis

Hard to argue - but I would say from my perspective that the cop investigating us is a waste. From the towns side, I agree that that is the best move based on the into available.

Riddley Walker
4 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

Does anyone know how many votes everyone has? 

Vlad 5

Alim 2

Rudi 2

Riddley 2

Gomis 1

Boof 1

Ian 1

Peaky 1

Should be right

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

You've conveniently missed out the other option where if they're goons and we take random lynch, which could be the cop or the doc, then have the doc save a goon while the goons kill someone they like and the cop has to investigate one, which is a total waste.

We lynch one then we can reset and move forward with the night stuff with way more knowledge. Are we really going to take a random lynch punt instead?

Imagine the gomis/vlad reveal didnt happen. If I told you you the cop could find out the identity of two goons on night one you would be delighted.

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Absoloutly not. We already know they are either goons or masons. The cop should direct their investigation elsewhere. 

I think thats mental.

8 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

... a lynch of you is the best option for the town to progress the game.

Isn't the assassin taking one of them out sooner rather than later the best option for the town?

Yeah - the assassin will waste a bullet but excuse me for not giving a flying **** about the number of bullets the assassin has!

If the goons win - the assassin loses.

If there's somebody else still roled at the end of the game - the assassin loses.

The only route to an assassin win is to remove roled folk. 

@Morgaro Gomis - what say you to an assassination of your good self?

3 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Imagine the gomis/vlad reveal didnt happen. If I told you you the cop could find out the identity of two goons on night one you would be delighted.

...not if he's into his 4th consecutive game as a goon :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Really.

Yip I agree, we all know they are both in a team good or bad. I suggest leaving them both tonight. (I realise this may look like I’m defending them, but I’m not).

The cop should go for whoever they planned to go for and I suggest IF Vlad and Morgaro are masons they are very careful about naming who was investigated if it could give away the identity of the cop. Need to think the long game here and no knee jerk reaction.

Morgaro Gomis
3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Isn't the assassin taking one of them out sooner rather than later the best option for the town?

Yeah - the assassin will waste a bullet but excuse me for not giving a flying **** about the number of bullets the assassin has!

If there's somebody else still roled at the end of the game - the assassin loses.

I’d rather get taken out by the assassin than a lynch as it gives the town another chance to actually find a goon via the  lynching rather than wasting on me.

To confirm - if the town are backing the lynch - I beg the assassin to use a bullet on me.

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Boof said:

I totally agree but who knows if that's actually going to happen.