Save Our Hearts

Drylaw Hearts

Would you support them in some sort of campaign to put things right at the Club ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you support them in some sort of campaign to put things right at the Club ?

Drylaw Hearts
From speaking to a few guys heavily involved in SOH I do not think we are at the stage yet of 'direct action' for use of a better phrase.

I would cautiously support them but personally I do not believe we have reached that point just yet.

A manager will be appt in the coming days, players will be bought and sold. After the 'honeymoon period' is over and it's clear that the manager has to deal with continous interference from above then I say it's time to act.

I know it may be too late but I feel the end of August will let me know where I stand.

We just can't keep giving him extension after extension.

I think we will have a rough idea from the appointment if the interference is to continue.

We will also have a rough idea by the squad that will lead us into the Season.

Should we not make a noises now to ensure our voice is heard before any interference begins.

Let them know where the fans stand before it's too late - again.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
siegementality
I was expecting you to continue debating the thread title instead of resorting to petty digs.

Obviously I was misguided.

Quality! Abolutely brilliant, you tell me I have a sad life and that was debating the thread title was it?. Obviously you are misguided.

Charlie-Brown
So, because it might not have worked the first time, it won't work a second time, is that what you are saying?.

Well it depends what the stated objectives are seige but yes I think it had more chance of working first time around - now it would only succeed in saving the club if it went under or was threatened with going out of business (in my opinion).

siegementality

I think we will have a rough idea from the appointment if the interference is to continue.

Should we not make a noises now to ensure our voice is heard before any interference begins.

100% spot on.

Drylaw Hearts
We dont. But we need to know our stance and common goal. Its clear from posters on this board that we do not have that yet.

I think that if there are points we are sure of,what we want,and ultimatley,and most importantly where we will end up then that is the time to vote.

Your right though,but finding one voice could be difficult.

I think there is a common goal.

The vast majority would settle for the Footballing side to be run in a professional and 'normal' way.

Not the ametuerish way it has been run for the last couple of Seasons.

With no end in sight.

siegementality
Well it depends what the stated objectives are seige but yes I think it had more chance of working first time around - now it would only succeed in saving the club if it went under or was threatened with going out of business (in my opinion).

It's not about the same thing this time round though is it. It's not about finding money to buy someone out, it's about changing one mans attitude, by fan pressure, media pressure, business pressure. It can be done.

Dirk Diggler
Quality! Abolutely brilliant, you tell me I have a sad life and that was debating the thread title was it?. Obviously you are misguided.

We've established already on this thread that you are basing your opinions on what might happen, I have stated that I find it sad someone would live their life like that.

If I have deviated from the thread title then I apologise, It was not my intention to do so, I was simply responding to a post on this thread which was made by yourself.

I have not resorted to petty digs, Unlike your good self.

Drylaw Hearts
It's not about the same thing this time round though is it. It's not about finding money to buy someone out, it's about changing one mans attitude, by fan pressure, media pressure, business pressure. It can be done.

Spot on.

I don't think the owner should be interfering but I'm pretty certain there are managers out there who could handle it and make the whole arrangement work.

The British managers we had found it totally alien (Frail possibly less so) but Valdas made a decent fist of it before he went on the sick.

If we get a manager who can deal with it we could see things progress but if they don't then we'll continue round in circles.

Drylaw Hearts
I don't think the owner should be interfering but I'm pretty certain there are managers out there who could handle it and make the whole arrangement work.

The British managers we had found it totally alien (Frail possibly less so) but Valdas made a decent fist of it before he went on the sick.

He was sent on the sick evn though he wasn't sick.

It's things like this that, that aren't 'right'.

Chris Evans
I think there is a common goal.

The vast majority would settle for the Footballing side to be run in a professional and 'normal' way.

Not the ametuerish way it has been run for the last couple of Seasons.

With no end in sight.

Ok.Would everyone be happy with that? Or is it a case of we know what Romanov is like so get him out?

For what its worth all i want is a decent manager who picks the team.

But has the situation developed that far now that Hearts will have lost thousands of fans until Romaonov leaves?

I know at least 6. (Im not one).

siegementality
We've established already on this thread that you are basing your opinions on what might happen, I have stated that I find it sad someone would live their life like that.

If I have deviated from the thread title then I apologise, It was not my intention to do so, I was simply responding to a post on this thread which was made by yourself.

I have not resorted to petty digs, Unlike your good self.

There are only a few things someone can base their opinion on, what has happened, what won't happen or what could (might) happen. Are you 100% sure it won't happen?. Because the preferable choice thereafter is what might happen, because if it is the other choice, we're fecked. So yes I am basing my opinion on what might happen, what are you basing yours on?.

P.S. I think most people live their lives thinking of what might happen in the future.

Dirk Diggler

Will we though DH?

I read on here not so long ago that Ruber was obviously a 'puppet'. Then we found out the main reason (apart from demanding 1 million Euros a year) that he turned the job down was because of the 'Plans' Romanov had for the club.

For some, whoever is appointed will be a 'puppet'.

Drylaw Hearts
Will we though DH?

I read on here not so long ago that Ruber was obviously a 'puppet'. Then we found out the main reason (apart from demanding 1 million Euros a year) that he turned the job down was because of the 'Plans' Romanov had for the club.

For some, whoever is appointed will be a 'puppet'.

I think we will have a good idea.

Hence August is my timescale.

It will mean a manager will have had a month or so to shape his squad before the end of the window and we will have played 4 or 5 games.

I partially agree that the appt will give us some kind of indication what's in store but say the Hungarian boy get's it - I would be happy that he seems strong willed enough to stand up to VR - hence we will need time to judge whether this is the case or not.

Charlie-Brown

It will mean a manager will have had a month or so to shape his squad before the end of the window and we will have palyed 4 or 5 games.

I partially agree that the appt will give us some kind of indication what's in store but say the Hungarian boys get's it - I would be happy that he seems strong willed enough to stand up to VR - hence we will need time to judge whether this is the case or not.

There is every chance that barring a few players in & out that any new manager will have to work with the core of what we already have plus promoting some youngsters - I think finances will dictate that and unless the 'missing' ST's are bought between now & August then club revenue will dip compared to previous seasons making new signings less likely also bearing in mind Hearts have a commitment to reducing the overall wage bill to continue to receive the backing of UKIO / UBIG in financing terms.

Drylaw Hearts

It will mean a manager will have had a month or so to shape his squad before the end of the window and we will have played 4 or 5 games.

I partially agree that the appt will give us some kind of indication what's in store but say the Hungarian boy get's it - I would be happy that he seems strong willed enough to stand up to VR - hence we will need time to judge whether this is the case or not.

But should we let them know where the fans stand before it's too late ?

There is every chance that barring a few players in & out that any new manager will have to work with the core of what we already have plus promoting some youngsters - I think finances will dictate that and unless the 'missing' ST's are bought between now & August then club revenue will dip compared to previous seasons making new signings less likely also bearing in mind Hearts have a commitment to reducing the overall wage bill to continue to receive the backing of UKIO / UBIG in financing terms.

I agree.

I would rather we promoted youth or brought in hungry players with something to prove.

Charlie-Brown

I'm sure Hearts already know supporter sentiment DH and this has already been re-inforced by a reduction in ST renewals.

Dirk Diggler
There are only a few things someone can base their opinion on, what has happened, what won't happen or what could (might) happen. Are you 100% sure it won't happen?. Because the preferable choice thereafter is what might happen, because if it is the other choice, we're fecked. So yes I am basing my opinion on what might happen, what are you basing yours on?.

P.S. I think most people live their lives thinking of what might happen in the future.

This all started with you stating we are in the 'biggest financial mess we've ever been in'.

We're not.

I'm basing my opinion of that on fact.

3 and a bit years ago we were, who knows, tomorrow we might be, today we are not.

:)

I actually think he knows how we feel.

But whether he takes this on board is another thing. However I do not forsee a pyramid appt.

In essence I see no harm in paving the way for some kind of SOH2 now. As you say - failing to prepare is preparing to fail. :)

siegementality

Hearts don't, Romaknob does. Yes I know it's the same thing but let's be quite clear on who got the wage bill to where it was in the first place.

Drylaw Hearts

But whether he takes this on board is another thing. However I do not forsee a pyramid appt.

In essence I see no harm in paving the way for some kind of SOH2 now. As you say - failing to prepare is preparing to fail. :)

That has been my signature for 2 years now.

How time flies.

At a time when some backbone is needed you are doing a fine impression of a snake.

If you are for it then get behind SOH in anyway way you can.

If you're not then just have Romanovs way.

As soon as you start calling your fellow Hearts fans a "snake" you know that you are doomed to failure.

The first game of the season will be a full house and Tynecastle will be buzzing. If you don't like what is happening at the club then you will just have to sit there and stew like the rest of us, as Romanov looks like he is here to stay.

What you call "backbone" i would call naive rhetoric.

Charlie-Brown

Long term a unification of ALL Hearts supporters groups & interested parties under a Single HEARTS membership organisation is the way forward in my opinion - regardless of who owns the club or how well or badly the club are doing.

siegementality
This all started with you stating we are in the 'biggest financial mess we've ever been in'.

We're not.

I'm basing my opinion of that on fact.

3 and a bit years ago we were, who knows, tomorrow we might be, today we are not.

You are basing you opinion on your opinion, you don't know the first thing about Hearts finances. If you do, prove me wrong, provide the figures that prove for a fact that we are not financially worse off than we were under pieman.

Charlie-Brown
Hearts don't, Romaknob does. Yes I know it's the same thing but let's be quite clear on who got the wage bill to where it was in the first place.

The statement is in Hearts accounts where the auditors state that Hearts have negative value however with the backing of UBIG / UKIO the club can continue trading as they will provide additional finance conditional on Hearts making a significant reduction in their wage costs.

Reducing debt levels via transfer fees is also occuring.

Drylaw Hearts
As soon as you start calling your fellow Hearts fans a "snake" you know that you are doomed to failure.

The first game of the season will be a full house and Tynecastle will be buzzing. If you don't like what is happening at the club then you will just have to sit there and stew like the rest of us, as Romanov looks like he is here to stay.

What you call "backbone" i would call naive rhetoric.

Any campaign or pressure group needs support so I'd rather we were all in but if your not then that is up to you.

BTW,

I very much doubt Tynie will be a full-house v Motherwell.

We haven't had a full-house at Tynie for a very long time.

Even with 13,500 ST holders.

portobellojambo1
As I said I don't know what the objectives of any SOH campaign will be.

But I would like to think they will diagnose the problem and look to cure it before an attempt at amputation.

I have read every post on the thread DH, to gauge feeling, from both sides, and on questions being asked you have referred posters back to the above post (which I have edited to contain those parts I believe to be important).

I am still not 100% sure of the planned objectives of any new SOH group (my initial question would be will this group be led by those who were at the forefront last time, i.e. those who met, socially, last weekend).

Is the objective to force change through dialogue, and if so why do you believe this group would have any more success in getting Romanov to change his ways than any of the groups/individuals/advisors/HMFC employees who have tried unsuccessfully over the course of a period of time to get him to do this, i.e. change his ways.

Or is the objective to force Romanov to part company with HMFC, if so do those proposing this new SOH have concrete proof that (a) Romanov will leave the club with a view to it having a future under a new owner or (B) if they believe their actions will result in Romanov winding up HMFC can they provide proof that financial backers are in place to ensure a new club with a new name can be established and be in a position to move forward.

Do I support the dialogue route yes, with reservations, i.e. do we need another "pressure group" (for lack of a better phrase) to go over the same points with Romanov that the other groups/individuals/advisors/HMFC employees have alread gone over.

Do I support being in a group which could, inadvertantly, lead to the end of HMFC (depending on how Romanov reacts), absolutely not.

This is completely different from the original SOH, then the guys had a goal, a vision (or at least this is how I interpreted the original SOH), that goal, vision, was to get HMFC fans to put together a financial package which could be used to purchase a shareholding in HMFC, a shareholding which would be large enough to ensure the fanbase would retain a say in what happened at the club (whether that say was to be under Robinson or had to involve a new owner only the guys at the forefront of SOH could answer clearly) and a certain amount of influence. Their intention was to help save Hearts, and there was never any danger that their goal/vision would/could have spelt the end of Hearts.

I have not voted yet, but I would need to know what the goal is, what the vision is this time round before I do.

There is no Board of Directors to try and influence, get onside, gnaw away at and persuade to shift sides. There is one man in charge, Vladimir Romanov, nobody on this board, i.e. JKB, knows how he would react in any given situation, and I would not like to part of a group which could spell the end of Hearts.

I have no time for Romanov, none whatsoever, but I do like answers to questions before I do things. I am one of those who is probably being labelled as someone who is looking at the consequences of potential actions, and accept being labelled in that bracket. If there was a simple way of dealing with Romanov it would have been done by now, whether through dialogue or action. We don't know where we are going with him at the helm, do those proposing action feel they are 100% sure what the future holds without him at the helm.

I don't think it is unreasonable of people to ask what this new group's intentions are before saying yes or no.

Dirk Diggler
You are basing you opinion on your opinion, you don't know the first thing about Hearts finances. If you do, prove me wrong, provide the figures that prove for a fact that we are not financially worse off than we were under pieman.

If only you had stated, 'we might be in the biggest financial mess we've ever been in'.

I could have saved an hour.

And you're right, I don't, like you, know the first thing about Hearts finances. I do know however, that we aren't actively looking to sell Tynecastle, Or do you want facts regarding this also?

siegementality
The statement is in Hearts accounts where the auditors state that Hearts have negative value however with the backing of UBIG / UKIO the club can continue trading as they will provide additional finance conditional on Hearts making a significant reduction in their wage costs.

Reducing debt levels via transfer fees is also occuring.

That's not the point I'm making. You keep referring to what "Hearts" need to do. It's not "Hearts" it's Romaknob, he owns Hearts, he makes the decisions. By saying "Hearts" have to do this, "Hearts" have to do that, it sounds like a collective body are making decisions when quite clearly that is not the case. Yes I know I'm being pedantic.

Charlie-Brown
That's not the point I'm making. You keep referring to what "Hearts" need to do. It's not "Hearts" it's Romaknob, he owns Hearts, he makes the decisions. By saying "Hearts" have to do this, "Hearts" have to do that, it sounds like a collective body are making decisions when quite clearly that is not the case. Yes I know I'm being pedantic.

If you want to be even more pedantic Romanov's Bank (UKIO) and Hearts controlling shareholder ie Romanov's investment group (UBIG) are providing Romanov's football club (HEARTS) will additional finance ONLY IF they (HEARTS) will significantly cut their costs (ie reduce the wage bill)

siegementality
If only you had stated, 'we might be in the biggest financial mess we've ever been in'.

I could have saved an hour.

And you're right, I don't, like you, know the first thing about Hearts finances. I do know however, that we aren't actively looking to sell Tynecastle, Or do you want facts regarding this also?

No you don't, as you've just said you don't know the first thing about Hearts finances. You cannot possibly give me facts regarding this, because you have none. What you have is an opinion, based on what little information we are being told. We "might" be selling Tynecastle, we "might" not. Don't confuse your opinion with fact:).

Drylaw Hearts

I have not voted yet, but I would need to know what the goal is, what the vision is this time round before I do.

I don't think it is unreasonable of people to ask what this new group's intentions are before saying yes or no.

JF,

As I said I don't know what the objectives of any SOH campaign will be.

But I would like to think they will diagnose the problem and look to cure it before an attempt at amputation.

The vast majority of Hearts fans I know accept that the way the Footballing side of the Club is run is the biggest problem.

This will surely be high on any SOH campaign agenda.

But until the detail are confirmed then I can undertsand members not voting.

I was only attempting to gauge the response.

And at around 70% is seems to be a decent response so far.

Any SOH campaign will use JKB as it's probably the 2nd or 3rd best way to communicate with the fans and gather support.

A few posters on another thread were very dismissive of JKB and it's involvement in backing a campaign.

This poll was just to test the water PJ1.

davemclaren

Apparently it is. :wacko:

siegementality
If you want to be even more pedantic Romanov's Bank (UKIO) and Hearts controlling shareholder ie Romanov's investment group (UBIG) are providing Romanov's football club (HEARTS) will additional finance ONLY IF they (HEARTS) will significantly cut their costs (ie reduce the wage bill)

So in simple terms Romaknob has told himself to stop spending money Romaknob hasn't got?

Charlie-Brown
So in simple terms Romaknob has told himself to stop spending money Romaknob hasn't got?

Yes I think Romanov has realised that Romanov has been pi$$ing money down the drain on scarcely deserving footballers so Romanov has decided to cut Romanov's allowance to ensure that Romanov will have to spend Romanov's money more wisely. :laugh:

Drylaw Hearts
Yes I think Romanov has realised that Romanov has been pi$$ing money down the drain on scarcely deserving footballers so Romanov has decided to cut Romanov's allowance to ensure that Romanov will have to spend Romanov's money more wisely. :laugh:

Maybe Romanov would have got on well with Billy Davies afterall.

Dirk Diggler
No you don't, as you've just said you don't know the first thing about Hearts finances. You cannot possibly give me facts regarding this, because you have none. What you have is an opinion, based on what little information we are being told. We "might" be selling Tynecastle, we "might" not. Don't confuse your opinion with fact:).

No confusion.

We (Just because I know it grates :P) aren't actively looking to sell Tynecastle.

If we were we'd know about it.

(Just think about it for a minute)

Just like we'd know if we were in the 'biggest financial mess we've ever been in'.

siegementality

My understanding of the intentions is to put pressure (fan, media, business)on Romaknob in an effort to:

1: Give any new management team full atonomy over team affairs.

2: Improve communication.

Fairly simple really.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Do I support being in a group which could, inadvertantly, lead to the end of HMFC (depending on how Romanov reacts), absolutely not.

You are starting to sound like a torture victim.

Why would a fans "Group" inadvertently lead to the end of Hearts? The only entity that can kill of HMFC in its present form is one Vladimir Romanov.

So standing up to him is the wrong way to go about it. Do you wonder why the rest of British football holds us in such contempt?

Moral gutlessness seems to lie at the heart of this present issue. Don't annoy him, he will kill us off. Maybe. But only in the present form.

Unbelievably depressing view point you have there and it fills me with foreboding.

The ironic thing is that creature we all deem to despise ie Scottish football in general would not be able to afford HMFC disappearing because of the revenuse we bring in to other clubs through our huge away support. Maybe we should be aware a little more of the old maxim of strength in numbers.

Lets face it. Throughout the last 30 years we have sailed too close to the wind on many occasions and got away with it. This time, maybe we have run out of luck. Accept it. Move on and start again.

siegementality
No confusion.

We (Just because I know it grates :P) aren't actively looking to sell Tynecastle.

If we were we'd know about it.

(Just think about it for a minute)

Just like we'd know if we were in the 'biggest financial mess we've ever been in'.

:wacko:

Private Hudson

Divide et impera. If Romanov does have someone read this forum to him before bedtime he must sleep pretty feckin easy. He's clearly a very astute man or he wouldn't be 3000 times richer than anyone on here. Everything he does is for a reason and you can be sure that there is reason behind his current action. To understand the man you have to understand his background and upbringing. Eastern Europeans have endured more hardship than most in recent history and NEVER back down. Can you fathom the sheer will involved in living and working in a metal tube thousands of feet under water for months on end?

We made a deal with The Devil and we're now surprised that he's calling the tune?

This is about money. Nothing more. The ONLY way this can be resolved is to collectively withhold our money, as has been expressed by anyone with an ounce of sense.

"But I'm a Hearts supporter not a Romanov supporter, it's disloyal to the team, etc".

When a tumour grows do you leave it because it would be disloyal to your body to remove it?

We_are_the_Hearts

That's what happens when you know feck all about football. Romaknob should employ a manager and let him and his team sign players and mould a squad but Romaknob is a paranoid control freak who doesn't trust anyone.

siegementality
We made a deal with The Devil and we're now surprised that he's calling the tune?

This is about money. Nothing more. The ONLY way this can be resolved is to collectively withhold our money, as has been expressed by anyone with an ounce of sense.

"But I'm a Hearts supporter not a Romanov supporter, it's disloyal to the team, etc".

When a tumour grows do you leave it because it would be disloyal to your body to remove it?

I wish I'd written that. Spot on.

Dirk Diggler
:wacko:

Yet again you resort to what you deem as petty insults instead of debating the post content.

I do feel sorry for you (apologies for drifting off topic, but given your inability to continue in dialogue, I feel I have little choice.)

Maybe one day we will be friends?

I hope so.

Goodnight.

x

I have read every post on the thread DH, to gauge feeling, from both sides, and on questions being asked you have referred posters back to the above post (which I have edited to contain those parts I believe to be important).

I am still not 100% sure of the planned objectives of any new SOH group (my initial question would be will this group be led by those who were at the forefront last time, i.e. those who met, socially, last weekend).

Is the objective to force change through dialogue, and if so why do you believe this group would have any more success in getting Romanov to change his ways than any of the groups/individuals/advisors/HMFC employees who have tried unsuccessfully over the course of a period of time to get him to do this, i.e. change his ways.

Or is the objective to force Romanov to part company with HMFC, if so do those proposing this new SOH have concrete proof that (a) Romanov will leave the club with a view to it having a future under a new owner or (B) if they believe their actions will result in Romanov winding up HMFC can they provide proof that financial backers are in place to ensure a new club with a new name can be established and be in a position to move forward.

Do I support the dialogue route yes, with reservations, i.e. do we need another "pressure group" (for lack of a better phrase) to go over the same points with Romanov that the other groups/individuals/advisors/HMFC employees have alread gone over.

This is completely different from the original SOH, then the guys had a goal, a vision (or at least this is how I interpreted the original SOH), that goal, vision, was to get HMFC fans to put together a financial package which could be used to purchase a shareholding in HMFC, a shareholding which would be large enough to ensure the fanbase would retain a say in what happened at the club (whether that say was to be under Robinson or had to involve a new owner only the guys at the forefront of SOH could answer clearly) and a certain amount of influence. Their intention was to help save Hearts, and there was never any danger that their goal/vision would/could have spelt the end of Hearts.

There is no Board of Directors to try and influence, get onside, gnaw away at and persuade to shift sides. There is one man in charge, Vladimir Romanov, nobody on this board, i.e. JKB, knows how he would react in any given situation, and I would not like to part of a group which could spell the end of Hearts.

I have no time for Romanov, none whatsoever, but I do like answers to questions before I do things. I am one of those who is probably being labelled as someone who is looking at the consequences of potential actions, and accept being labelled in that bracket. If there was a simple way of dealing with Romanov it would have been done by now, whether through dialogue or action. We don't know where we are going with him at the helm, do those proposing action feel they are 100% sure what the future holds without him at the helm.

The most sensible post of all in this thread. (Even though I don't agree with all the opinions) Objectives need to be crystal clear and united.

If we were at the top of the league things like dialogue would not be an issue, no one would care, winning sells tickets and creates joy and happiness.

If it's a campaign for dialogue, you might as well have a campaign to fly through time on the tardis, you have more chance of being exterminated by a Dalek.

If it's a campaign for the ultimate departure of the owner, its actually quite a good idea to have a strategy in place before his departure or we would become a piece of Scottish football history and Hibs would become Edinburgh's big team.

It's very easy to not want something - it's not very clever to not want it when there is no alternative.

You are starting to sound like a torture victim.

Why would a fans "Group" inadvertently lead to the end of Hearts? The only entity that can kill of HMFC in its present form is one Vladimir Romanov.

So standing up to him is the wrong way to go about it. Do you wonder why the rest of British football holds us in such contempt?

Moral gutlessness seems to lie at the heart of this present issue. Don't annoy him, he will kill us off. Maybe. But only in the present form.

Unbelievably depressing view point you have there and it fills me with foreboding.

The ironic thing is that creature we all deem to despise ie Scottish football in general would not be able to afford HMFC disappearing because of the revenuse we bring in to other clubs through our huge away support. Maybe we should be aware a little more of the old maxim of strength in numbers.

Lets face it. Throughout the last 30 years we have sailed too close to the wind on many occasions and got away with it. This time, maybe we have run out of luck. Accept it. Move on and start again.

Scottish football did nothing to help Hearts in the early 1980s or in 2004. They will not do anything now either.

Todays situation is bad but is no where as severe as either of the above times where.

Divide et impera. If Romanov does have someone read this forum to him before bedtime he must sleep pretty feckin easy. He's clearly a very astute man or he wouldn't be 3000 times richer than anyone on here. Everything he does is for a reason and you can be sure that there is reason behind his current action. To understand the man you have to understand his background and upbringing. Eastern Europeans have endured more hardship than most in recent history and NEVER back down. Can you fathom the sheer will involved in living and working in a metal tube thousands of feet under water for months on end?

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Archived