Save Our Hearts

Drylaw Hearts

Would you support them in some sort of campaign to put things right at the Club ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you support them in some sort of campaign to put things right at the Club ?

Dirk Diggler
Are you addressing the 80% so far who seem pretty happy about their way of voting?

I'm addressing every single person who has voted.

Any chance of telling me what they have voted for?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These type of polls are pointless - If you want Romanov out you will have to come up with some cash, in the region of ?20 - ?30 million.

If anybody has that type of spare pocket money they weren't forthcoming when Tynecastle was put up for sale.

There seems to be a few big cheeses on this forum who think they speak on behalf of every Hearts supporters.

Stop telling me what to do, and not to support the club which i have done for the last 30years through and thin.

Drylaw Hearts
Well does making things 'right' include the removal of Vladimir Romanov from our club?

If I had at least that information, I might be in a better position to vote.

JF,

As I said I don't know what the objectives of any SOH campaign will be.

But I would like to think they will diagnose the problem and look to cure it before an attempt at amputation.

The vast majority of Hearts fans I know accept that the way the Footballing side of the Club is run is the biggest problem.

This will surely be high on any SOH campaign agenda.

But until the detail are confirmed then I can undertsand members not voting.

I was only attempting to gauge the response.

And at around 70% is seems to be a decent response so far.

Any SOH campaign will use JKB as it's probably the 2nd or 3rd best way to communicate with the fans and gather support.

A few posters on another thread were very dismissive of JKB and it's involvement in backing a campaign.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
It's because of VR that I can take them to a match at Tynecastle.

And its because of VR that you might not be taking them there soon.

For a start, maybe not even in the SPL.

Then after that, who knows.

Dont worry, we are not asking YOU for help.

Guest jambomickey

i can't understand any hearts fan who can't see the way romanov running our club is wrong

Dirk Diggler
That may be Hearts epitaph soon.

To think it cannot happen to us is arrogance beyond belief.

And the removal of Romanov regardless of the consequences will somehow halt the demise of the club?

Or do you not want Romanov out, but just want things to be made 'right'?

:confused:

Nucky Thompson
Are you addressing the 80% so far who seem pretty happy about their way of voting?
Do you honestly expect 80% of Hearts fans to become active in some kind of campaign? What was the percentage of fans active the last time, when we were in a real crisis?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

What Drylaw has just said is enough for me.

Easiest thing in the world is to do nothing.

Then blame anything and everyone after the event.

Chris Evans

Exactly. What is the vote for?

Please can someone explain?

Is it get rid of Romanov? If so great,whos buying him out?

Details please,then i will vote.

Hearts are not Tynecastle and they never will be. It is a naive and short term attitude to suggest otherwise.

Arsenal are not Highbury, Middlesbrough are not Ayresome Park, Manchester City are not Maine Road, etc, etc.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Do you honestly expect 80% of Hearts fans to become active in some kind of campaign? What was the percentage of fans active the last time, when we were in a real crisis?

"The Battle is won before it is ever fought"

Or in your case, just dont turn up.

25% of season ticket holders have not renewed. That is a start.

Dirk Diggler
JF,

As I said I don't know what the objectives of any SOH campaign will be.

But I would like to think they will diagnose the problem and look to cure it before an attempt at amputation.

The vast majority of Hearts fans I know accept that the way the Footballing side of the Club is run is the biggest problem.

This will surely be high on any SOH campaign agenda.

But until the detail are confirmed then I can undertsand members not voting.

I was only attempting to gauge the response.

And at around 70% is seems to be a decent response so far.

Any SOH campaign will use JKB as it's probably the 2nd or 3rd best way to communicate with the fans and gather support.

A few posters on another thread were very dismissive of JKB and it's involvement in backing a campaign.

Thank you.

I'll further refrain from voting.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Thank you.

I'll further refrain from voting.

A serious blow to the fledgling campaign I am sure.

I'll settle for the 80% so far.

Dirk Diggler
What Drylaw has just said is enough for me.

Easiest thing in the world is to do nothing.

Then blame anything and everyone after the event.

What event?

Romanov making an arse of playing football manager?

As far as I can tell, the only one being blamed is the man himself.

And its because of VR that you might not be taking them there soon.

For a start, maybe not even in the SPL.

Then after that, who knows.

Dont worry, we are not asking YOU for help.

As I said previously, if someone has inside knowledge of our immediate demise then let's hear it. Otherwise this thread is a lot of hot air.

Drylaw Hearts
Hearts are not Tynecastle and they never will be. It is a naive and short term attitude to suggest otherwise.

Arsenal are not Highbury, Middlesbrough are not Ayresome Park, Manchester City are not Maine Road, etc, etc.

Agreed.

VR saving Tynecastle can only wash for so long.

The fans knew Mercers time was up at Hearts even though he saved the Club many years earlier.

I recall a match at EEN where he took a shiiitload of abuse.

These type of polls are pointless - If you want Romanov out you will have to come up with some cash, in the region of ?20 - ?30 million.

If anybody has that type of spare pocket money they weren't forthcoming when Tynecastle was put up for sale.

There seems to be a few big cheeses on this forum who think they speak on behalf of every Hearts supporters.

Stop telling me what to do, and not to support the club which i have done for the last 30years through and thin.

Looks to me that this thread is a "yes" or "no" thread. I would suggest that you are not being told what to do, you are being asked your opinion. This sort of poll is in some way validated by the "no" votes and the reasons for them.

It could be the case that any pressure group would not seek the removal of VR or a new buyer, it could simply be an attempt to get VR to allow a football professional to run the football side. This would not require ?20- ?30 Million.

Dirk Diggler

If it makes you feel better, you do that.

Nucky Thompson

I never said they were mate:rolleyes:

Not necessary IMO.

If fans disagree that is their right. Let people vote "yes"/"no"/not at all as is their want.

scots civil war

your clutching at straws now,surely its because of your car or maybe even the bus that you can do this .................

I never said they were mate:rolleyes:

It was certainly the way your post read to me.

siegementality

That's where we differ then. Tynecastle is, and has been for a while, a ball and chain round the ankle of the club. Wallace Mercer had the right idea 20 years ago and far better clubs than us have moved ground and went from strength to strength. I couldn't give a feck about Tynecastle, HMFC is more than a football ground.

Let your kids "enjoy" watching the dross on offer, I'm sure they'll thank you in years to come when you've sat by and watched the club fall to pieces. "What did you do to help Dad?", "Licked Romaknobs erse son".

Guest jambomickey

so if romanov didn't save tynecastle and was running the football club this way would the 20% still back him?

Drylaw Hearts
60 odd posts on a nothing thread.

Expain or wind your neck in DH.

:)

It appears 80% of the voters don't need me to explain.

They got the jist.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Looks to me that this thread is a "yes" or "no" thread. I would suggest that you are not being told what to do, you are being asked your opinion. This sort of poll is in some way validated by the "no" votes and the reasons for them.

It could be the case that any pressure group would not seek the removal of VR or a new buyer, it could simply be an attempt to get VR to allow a football professional to run the football side. This would not require ?20- ?30 Million.

Yes, that is all this poll was.

The fact that only 20% have voted against and are the usually most vocal posters in regards to Vlad- apology can just be ignored as far as I am concerned. Sorry, but there will always be no-hopers in any proposed endeavour for change. Sniping from the sidelines, waving pieces of paper in the air saying "Peace in our time" is all they are good for.

Human nature, I'm afraid.

48 people so far of which most of them will give their support via a keyboard.

siegementality
As I said previously, if someone has inside knowledge of our immediate demise then let's hear it. Otherwise this thread is a lot of hot air.

Nice attitude, you want "inside knowledge of our immediate demise", well here's a wake up call, when someone can provide you with that, it'll be too fecking late!

Drylaw Hearts
48 people so far of which most of them will give their support via a keyboard.

1 person every minute giving their support to any possible SOH campaign.

Not too bad so far.

As I said earlier if something does happen then JKB will be a useful tool for the SOH organisers.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Not necessary IMO.

If fans disagree that is their right. Let people vote "yes"/"no"/not at all as is their want.

Sorry but we are getting to the Dubya stage:

"You are either for us or against us"

Gloves have to come off because Romanov plays for keeps.

Letters, quiet words etc. Meaningless. Pandering to a bully and a tyrant.

Its time for people power.

Private Hudson

There's only one way that this situation can be resolved with Romanov. Cut of his thumbs and shove them up his own ass. It's the only thing he understands.

siegementality
Jeez, I promise I'll make a decision when I see some detail re what I'm making a decision about. :rolleyes:

That'll be a first! A+E must be sick of removing splinters from your erse.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Nice attitude, you want "inside knowledge of our immediate demise", well here's a wake up call, when someone can provide you with that, it'll be too fecking late!

Exactly. You don't hear the bullet that gets you.

Naive people or deliberately obtuse. Anyone who still thinks there is nothing to worry about cannot have the best interests of Heart of Midlothian at heart.

Time to get the tackety boots on.

Nucky Thompson
That's where we differ then. Tynecastle is, and has been for a while, a ball and chain round the ankle of the club. Wallace Mercer had the right idea 20 years ago and far better clubs than us have moved ground and went from strength to strength. I couldn't give a feck about Tynecastle, HMFC is more than a football ground.

Let your kids "enjoy" watching the dross on offer, I'm sure they'll thank you in years to come when you've sat by and watched the club fall to pieces. "What did you do to help Dad?", "Licked Romaknobs erse son".

So we would have went from strength to strength after selling our only asset and renting a 68,000 seater rugby stadium?

Chris Evans
:)

It appears 80% of the voters don't need me to explain.

They got the jist.

Im delighted for them. Still dont know what the purpose is.

Care to explain? Please let me in to the clique.

Exactly. You don't hear the bullet that gets you.

Naive people or deliberately obtuse. Anyone who still thinks there is nothing to worry about cannot have the best interests of Heart of Midlothian at heart.

Time to get the tackety boots on.

All Hearts fans care passionately about the future of the club but everyone deals with it differently. I've still no idea exactly what i'd be protesting about so I voted no (for the meantime anyway).

Nucky Thompson
1 person every minute giving their support to any possible SOH campaign.

Not too bad so far.

As I said earlier if something does happen then JKB will be a useful tool for the SOH organisers.

We'll see if anything happens in the real world:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
Im delighted for them. Still dont know what the purpose is.

Care to explain? Please let me in to the clique.

What clique ?

Guest jambomickey
So we would have went from strength to strength after selling our only asset and renting a 68,000 seater rugby stadium?

can you ever remember as many officials,manager or players leaving hearts and saying we aint being run right?

Drylaw Hearts
We'll see if anything happens in the real world:rolleyes:

I realise that.

But as you've declared yourself out.......

If you are gonna try and pick someone up you really should try harder. When did Wallace Mercer suggest us doing something like that?

Guest jambomickey
If you are gonna try and pick someone up you really should try harder. When did Wallace Mercer suggest us doing something like that?

mercer didn't but robinson did! to be fair to boo he 100% right when he says if romanov didn't buy out robinson we were only going one way

siegementality

Obviously not with people like you who apparently think Hearts are Tynecastle and with no Tynecastle there is no Hearts.

Murrayfield was always meant to be a temporary measure, who knows what would have happened had we moved there. Before anybody starts, the easiest thing in the world is to say we'd have been in the 3rd Division playing in front of 1000 fans. If that was to be the case where were all you?.

We are in a bigger financial mess than we have ever been, we are at the hands of one man. Is that a position you are happy with?, one man, and a mad man at that, decides the future of Hearts.

Chris Evans
What clique ?

The clique that seem to know what the vote is for. For what its worth mate,im not happy at the state of affairs but i would rather have this than no Hearts whatsover.

I think its a case of be careful what you wish for. If you have knowledge of someone or some persons who will Save our Hearts as we know it then great. Can you divuldge and not be cryptic about it all.

There is a lot of people who read this forum but dont post. They deserve to know the point to your OP as well.

Cheers.

Nucky Thompson
I meant to quote him on the 'bigger and better clubs have moved stadiums and went from strength to strength' part and the only person to come close to moving from Tynie was the Pieman to Murrayfield.

No thanks !!

Anyone remember these guys that used to go around wearing the " End of the world is nigh " sandwich boards.

:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
The clique that seem to know what the vote is for. For what its worth mate,im not happy at the state of affairs but i would rather have this than no Hearts whatsover.

I think its a case of be careful what you wish for. If you have knowledge of someone or some persons who will Save our Hearts as we know it then great. Can you divuldge and not be cryptic about it all.

There is a lot of people who read this forum but dont post. They deserve to know the point to your OP as well.

Cheers.

I attempted to explain myself in Post #53.

We can't sit back and say or do nothing.

siegementality

As you well know mate Wallace Mercer met with the same old fashioned attitudes of people like The Boo when he propsed moving the club to Millerhill. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but in my opinion the failure to make that move, because of the attitudes of Hearts fans at the time, is part of the reason we are here now.

Archived