Save Our Hearts

Drylaw Hearts

Would you support them in some sort of campaign to put things right at the Club ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you support them in some sort of campaign to put things right at the Club ?

Dirk Diggler

We are in a bigger financial mess than we have ever been, we are at the hands of one man. Is that a position you are happy with?, one man, and a mad man at that, decides the future of Hearts.

Nonsense.

When UKIO are going to terminate the overdraft facility and we have to sell Tynecastle to provide funds for them doing so, then, and only then, will we be on a par in being in the biggest financial mess we've ever been.

Seems to me a lot of this 'worry' is based on what might happen.

Guess what Siege, a bus might hit you tomorrow.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 person every minute giving their support to any possible SOH campaign.

Not too bad so far.

As I said earlier if something does happen then JKB will be a useful tool for the SOH organisers.

You must be living in La La land if you think that you speak on behalf of Hearts supporters. You are entitled to your opinion but i would wager a bet that this so-called unrest will disappear as soon as a manager is appointed. :confused:

siegementality
I meant to quote him on the 'bigger and better clubs have moved stadiums and went from strength to strength' part and the only person to come close to moving from Tynie was the Pieman to Murrayfield.

Try again, Wallace Mercer wanted to move us, people like you moaned about it, it's part of the reason we are where we are now.

Nucky Thompson
You are entitled to your opinion but i would wager a bet that this so-called unrest will disappear as soon as a manager is appointed. :confused:
In a nutshell.

Drylaw Hearts
You must be living in La La land if you think that you speak on behalf of Hearts supporters. You are entitled to your opinion but i would wager a bet that this so-called unrest will disappear as soon as a manager is appointed. :confused:

I don't speak for Hearts supporters and have never claimed to.

I started a poll to gauge Hearts supporters opinion on this matter.

Understand ?

arfurdaley

What does 'put things right' mean exactly? Do you mean the removal of Romanov? or do you mean that he should appoint a manager and keep out of team selection?

I fully support the latter, but without knowing what any protest is trying to achieve, I am unable to vote.

Cheers

Chris Evans
I attempted to explain myself in Post #53.

We can't sit back and say or do nothing.

Ok mate. Just read it and agree. But your OP gave the impression that something new was in the pipeline.

It isnt.

So let us know what the idea is.

I think it is fair to say that the majority of Hearts fans are unhappy at the way the club is being run. There are numerous threads on this. What makes yours different?

I think the formation of a pressure group, with the aim of trying to get Romanov to adopt more professional methods in running the footballing side of the club is a good idea. There has been a lot of background diplomacy and it simply hasn't worked. The problem is however, that any campaign would probably dissipate if a credible managerial choice was announced on Monday.

I cannot understand the 'why would save our Hearts from the man who saved our Hearts' argument proposed by The Boo. If a man saved you from drowning a few years back, would you continue to praise him, if he moved into your house and continually had his way with your wife?

siegementality
Nonsense.

When UKIO are going to terminate the overdraft facility and we have to sell Tynecastle to provide funds for them doing so, then, and only then, will we be on a par in being in the biggest financial mess we've ever been.

Seems to me a lot of this 'worry' is based on what might happen.

Guess what Siege, a bus might hit you tomorrow.

Oh, for, feck, sake!!!. There is no WE. Do you know owns Hearts?. UKIO could sell Tynecastle to themselves tomorrow.

Guess what Johnny, that might happen tomorrow.

I attempted to explain myself in Post #53.

We can't sit back and say or do nothing.

But my point here Drylaw is what are we not going to sit back and do or say nothing about? Johnny Fingers probably said best several posts back:

Romanov making an arse of playing football manager?

This is currently the crux of it for most Hearts supporters I know. Are we really having a SoH campaign about that?!

Nucky Thompson
Try again, Wallace Mercer wanted to move us, people like you moaned about it, it's part of the reason we are where we are now.
As far as I remember, Mercer wanted to move us to Hermiston but it never got past the discussion stage because it was on the greenbelt. I much prefer VR's vision of a new main stand at Tynie than those lifeless, out of town mechano stadiums.

Drylaw Hearts
Ok mate. Just read it and agree. But your OP gave the impression that something new was in the pipeline.

It isnt.

So let us know what the idea is.

I think it is fair to say that the majority of Hearts fans are unhappy at the way the club is being run. There are numerous threads on this. What makes yours different?

As I said...

I don't know what is in the pipeline but i've been told there is something afoot.

The SOH guys didn't meet for nothing.

As far as I remember, Mercer wanted to move us to Hermiston but it never got past the discussion stage because it was on the greenbelt. I much prefer VR's vision of a new main stand at Tynie than those lifeless, out of town mechano stadiums.

I'm sure initially it was Millerhill.

But my point here Drylaw is what are we not going to sit back and do or say nothing about? Johnny Fingers probably said best several posts back:

This is currently the crux of it for most Hearts supporters I know. Are we really having a SoH campaign about that?!

Are we happy to sit back and do nothing about it though?

I don't speak for Hearts supporters and have never claimed to.

I started a poll to gauge Hearts supporters opinion on this matter.

Understand ?

I understand that you will need ?20 million to get a regime change.

Understand ? :confused:

Guest casper

There was a proposal to move to Millerhill. A pig farm if I remember correctly.

Drylaw Hearts
I think the formation of a pressure group, with the aim of trying to get Romanov to adopt more professional methods in running the footballing side of the club is a good idea. There has been a lot of background diplomacy and it simply hasn't worked. The problem is however, that any campaign would probably dissipate if a credible managerial choice was announced on Monday.

I agree.

I cannot understand the 'why would save our Hearts from the man who saved our Hearts' argument proposed by The Boo. If a man saved you from drowning a few years back, would you continue to praise him, if he moved into your house and continually had his way with your wife?

:)

siegementality

"so called unrest"? Are you happy like? Do you think everyone else is happy? Are you so clueless as to think that the appointment of some puppet as manager will make everything alright?. Will Romankob suddenly stop interfering with team selection?, will he stop treating players and staff like sheeite? will he start investing some of HIS OWN MONEY into the club?, will he and his son start treating the supporters with respect?.

Or will the appointment of a manager make people forget about all those questions?.

Nucky Thompson
I'm sure initially it was Millerhill.
I think that was mentioned as well but I think the big idea was Hermiston because of land he owned.

pennantjambo

There is major concern among many posters re the consequenses of ****ing Vlad off so much that he just walks away.

This is the sole factor that splits the fans when dealing with the issue of pressure groups, boycots and protests.

If he would just appoint a manager and give him full autonomy, is what most would like, but we can be pretty sure now that this just isnt going to happen.

So as far as the future holds, Romaknob has managed to split the fanbase deliberately or not but he does not appear to be worrying about it too much.

Someone stated that if we had moved to Murrayfield we would be playing in front of crowds of 1000 which means we have more glory hunters than even I imagined.

Are we happy to sit back and do nothing about it though?

Martin, if the guy who owns the club wants to pick the team (or at least have a say in it) what can realistically be done to stop it?

I personally don't think it can be done.

Drylaw Hearts
I understand that you will need ?20 million to get a regime change.

Understand ? :confused:

I didn't mention a regime change.

I think the majority want an attitude change from the owner of the Club.

Understand ?

Dirk Diggler

Guess what Johnny, that might happen tomorrow.

So I was correct, You're basing your 'worry' on what might happen.

What a horrible way to live your life.

:sad:

Charlie-Brown

Do people think SOH achieved their objectives or did Romanov's willingness to buy Hearts aided by Foulkes & Cardownie persuading him to do so achieve their objectives for them?

Nucky Thompson

Or will the appointment of a manager make people forget about all those questions?.

Yes because football fans are fickle.

Drylaw Hearts

Many didn't want to go to Murrayfield because we might have gone bust.

Chris Evans
As I said...

I don't know what is in the pipeline but i've been told there is something afoot.

The SOH guys didn't meet for nothing.

Ok. All a bit cloudy but hopefully something good will emerge so we can have a proper vote on something that we know the details of.

As for now its pie in the sky.

There was a meeting.Great.It doesnt mean much.Not knocking you mate.

Just all a bit premature IMHO.

I meant to quote him on the 'bigger and better clubs have moved stadiums and went from strength to strength' part and the only person to come close to moving from Tynie was the Pieman to Murrayfield.

Simply not true and not even the chairman that Siege was discussing.

As you well know mate Wallace Mercer met with the same old fashioned attitudes of people like The Boo when he propsed moving the club to Millerhill. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but in my opinion the failure to make that move, because of the attitudes of Hearts fans at the time, is part of the reason we are here now.

Exactly. "Tynecastle is our home" and the like were the cries. My personal stance was that ANY move of ground that was made for the benefit of the club was worth considering. When it was CPR, my concern was the "wait and see" attitude, not leaving Tynecastle.

siegementality

Millerhill and Hermiston, two proposals actually. Wallace Mercer shat more "vision" than Romanknob will ever have. As for "mechano stadiums" FFS, are your eyes shut when you're in Tynecastle?. What exactly do you think it looks like?

As for Romanknobs vision we'll see, given he has made a James Blunt of running the club thus far I can't see him suddenlt becoming Mr Project Manager of the year to pull it off. And I don't think he's got the bottle to put the money on the line, if he's got the money.

Dirk Diggler
Many didn't want to go to Murrayfield because we might have gone bust.

Really?

Most people I know didn't want to move to Murrayfield because there was no medium/long term plan.

siegementality

At least I have a life.

I didn't mention a regime change.

I think the majority want an attitude change from the owner of the Club.

Understand ?

Maybe you should invite him down to your house for a cup of tea, then you could ask him to change his attitude. His employees have a hard time trying to talk to him, what makes you think that you can !!!!!!!

We all know the script with Romanov, it is either his way or noway.

Martin, if the guy who owns the club wants to pick the team (or at least have a say in it) what can realistically be done to stop it?

I personally don't think it can be done.

Maybe not, but to date it hasn't even been tried (on an organised level), so who knows what impact it may have? What I'm sure everyone is agreed on, is that the way the footballing side of the club is currently run is unacceptable.

siegementality
Do people think SOH achieved their objectives or did Romanov's willingness to buy Hearts aided by Foulkes & Cardownie persuading him to do so achieve their objectives for them?

So, because it might not have worked the first time, it won't work a second time, is that what you are saying?.

ToadKiller Dog
Millerhill and Hermiston, two proposals actually. Wallace Mercer shat more "vision" than Romanknob will ever have. As for "mechano stadiums" FFS, are your eyes shut when you're in Tynecastle?. What exactly do you think it looks like?

As for Romanknobs vision we'll see, given he has made a James Blunt of running the club thus far I can't see him suddenlt becoming Mr Project Manager of the year to pull it off. And I don't think he's got the bottle to put the money on the line, if he's got the money.

So Basically your campaign is to get Romanknob as you call him out.

yes or no?

I would agree and would agree that you are confused.

The real problem is we are a managerless club. I (and many others) want a manager and for that manager to be in charge of the football affairs) attempted to tell you earlier, you must have missed it, I am not in favour of ousting VR, I think we need to convince him to allow a football professional to run the football side of things.

You may have ignored it as it goes against your posting style, no I don't mean that childlike font you use.

Drylaw Hearts
Ok. All a bit cloudy but hopefully something good will emerge so we can have a proper vote on something that we know the details of.

As for now its pie in the sky.

There was a meeting.Great.It doesnt mean much.Not knocking you mate.

Just all a bit premature IMHO.

Possibly premature but maybe also a gentle reminder to the SOH that before any other campaign gets underway that it would be better to have ONE VOICE to air our views.

We aren't strong enough in numbers to have 2 Armys.

Drylaw Hearts
Really?

Most people I know didn't want to move to Murrayfield because there was no medium/long term plan.

Thus probably ending in us going bust.

siegementality
Yes because football fans are fickle.

No some football fans are fickle,others are a bit more switched on, but you wouldn't know about that would you Mr Fickle.

From speaking to a few guys heavily involved in SOH I do not think we are at the stage yet of 'direct action' for use of a better phrase.

I would cautiously support them but personally I do not believe we have reached that point just yet.

A manager will be appt in the coming days, players will be bought and sold. After the 'honeymoon period' is over and it's clear that the manager has to deal with continous interference from above then I say it's time to act.

I know it may be too late but I feel the end of August will let me know where I stand.

Guest casper

Totally correct....and the reason there should have been a mass non-renewal of season tickets. Money is the only language he knows.

siegementality
Quality retort.

I'm hurt.

Truly.

Sorry what were you expecting, something along the lines of GTF ya wee maggot?. Sorry to have disappointed you.

Drylaw Hearts
Maybe you should invite him down to your house for a cup of tea, then you could ask him to change his attitude. His employees have a hard time trying to talk to him, what makes you think that you can !!!!!!!

At a time when some backbone is needed you are doing a fine impression of a snake.

If you are for it then get behind SOH in anyway way you can.

If you're not then just have Romanovs way.

siegementality
So Basically your campaign is to get Romanknob as you call him out.

yes or no?

No.

ToadKiller Dog
From speaking to a few guys heavily involved in SOH I do not think we are at the stage yet of 'direct action' for use of a better phrase.

I would cautiously support them but personally I do not believe we have reached that point just yet.

A manager will be appt in the coming days, players will be bought and sold. After the 'honeymoon period' is over and it's clear that the manager has to deal with continous interference from above then I say it's time to act.

I know it may be too late but I feel the end of August will let me know where I stand.

Thats were i am at the moment also ,have no problem with people planning a head but some of the war time rhetoric ans name calling posted by a few on here is not doing there cause much good.

Dirk Diggler
Sorry what were you expecting, something along the lines of GTF ya wee maggot?. Sorry to have disappointed you.

I was expecting you to continue debating the thread title instead of resorting to petty digs.

Obviously I was misguided.

Charlie-Brown

Can anybody explain to me what the benefits of stadium ownership are? As far as I can see Hearts owning tynecastle has simply meant the cub can continually borrow money and live way beyond it's means for more than a decade now when we've made big losses year on year.

Hardly any of the Italian clubs own their stadiums which are rented from the local municipal council - certainly this is the case with AC Milan / Inter Milan who share the same stadium although they each have their own name for the 'same' stadium. I'm not even sure they own their training grounds or if these are rented as well? They rely on the income that their supporters, commercial activities & sponsorship plus whatever other funds their owners or backers are willing to provide.

As far as I can see owning tynecastle has permitted poor financial management over a long number of years that as lead us to where we are today. I also think the stadium is far too small if we ever have any ambitions of making a regular challenge as 17.5K doesn't provide nearly enough matchday income....at least with terracing crowds could swell to 30-40K for big matches or in good seasons etc. but this is no longer true.

EVERY match we have played at Murrayfield including friendlies has generated bigger attendances than could be accommodated at the current 17.5K capacity tynecastle.

Chris Evans
Possibly premature but maybe also a gentle reminder to the SOH that before any other campaign gets underway that it would be better to have ONE VOICE to air our views.

We aren't strong enough in numbers to have 2 Armys.

We dont. But we need to know our stance and common goal. Its clear from posters on this board that we do not have that yet.

I think that if there are points we are sure of,what we want,and ultimatley,and most importantly where we will end up then that is the time to vote.

Your right though,but finding one voice could be difficult.

Archived